Page 665 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556606616626636646656666676686696706757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 26,561 to 26,600 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Dang looks like the hitters are out to play today. Seems like everyone has been killing their workouts lately. I know I have.I did chest todayI tried the pre exhaust them.

Chest
    DB incline Flys 2 f 12,12 1w12 last one the spotter helped.

Straight into DB flat press 2f 10,8 2w 6 1neg DS 3 then other working set 5 1neg DS 3

Flat DB 2f 12,10 1w 9
    Straight into
    DB incline 2 f 8,8 1w 7 DS 2

CHEST IS SHOT. HAD MORE BLOOD IN MY CHEST THAN RED CROSS HAS STORED AT THIS TIME.
    finished with

Cable Flys and peck deck 2 sets each high reps.

Stretched and was done. I hope they are sore as hell tomorrow.

Any pointers anything I should have done different let me know. No hard feelings.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Dang looks like the hitters are out to play today. Seems like everyone has been killing their workouts lately. I know I have.I did chest todayI tried the pre exhaust them.

Chest

Straight into DB flat press 2f 10,8 2w 6 1neg DS 3 then other working set 5 1neg DS 3

Flat DB 2f 12,10 1w 9
    Straight into

CHEST IS SHOT. HAD MORE BLOOD IN MY CHEST THAN RED CROSS HAS STORED AT THIS TIME.
    finished with

Any pointers anything I should have done different let me know. No hard feelings.
    Next time try your pec dec and cable work first too!

Also, do flys then presses but keep incline w/incline and flat w/flat - I know your trying things out.... And it's exciting believe me I know and am excited every day to get in here - I think it'll be more beneficial - you can alternate which ex flat or incline you'd do first - that's good and gets your incline stronger
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-08-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ok did delts and traps great session stretching and light seated db side raises for a warm up.

Seated side db raises 1 working DD

Standing side db raises 1 working +rp 1 drop

Db upright row 1 working +rp

bent over db rev fly 1 working 1 drop

One arm cable rev fly 1 working +rp

Front raises 1 working +rp 1 drop Plate

BB shrugs 1 working DD

Behind back bb shrugs 3 heavy sets

Cardio 10 min

Great session great pain great day so well chuffed
    Nice session Clarky.

You still on a pull back or straight HIT again?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    ▲▲▲▲▼are you super setting? Bod
    Bodacious likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I don't think he could've by changing from flat flys to incline press etc or vice versa
    Bodacious likes this.

I was trying the pre-exhaust? That's what I was going for anyways. When I say straight into pretty much after my LAST SET of flys I would then go to the presses. Hope that makes sense.

Nach are you say do incline flys the incline presses next or do ALL flys first then presses??

Also will try Pec dec and cables first next time for sure. Going to write that down first thing when I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Next time try your pec dec and cable work first too!

Also, do flys then presses but keep incline w/incline and flat w/flat - I know your trying things out.... And it's exciting believe me I know and am excited every day to get in here - I think it'll be more beneficial - you can alternate which ex flat or incline you'd do first - that's good and gets your incline stronger

This is what I tried to do. Might not have done it right though.

pre exhaust - A quick guide line would be start your workout with isolation exercises so you pre exhaust the muscle your working before you start the compound movements. The muscle is fatigued because of the isolation movement which will reduce the load on the compound movement but your still stimulating growth and putting the muscle under different kind of attack/stress than what its use to. Example would be flyes, cables pre any pressing, laterals pre any pressing, leg extension, lying leg curls, pushdowns, kickbacks, concentration curls etc pre any compound movements. That muscle only is fatigued directly using the isolation movement so when you go onto the compound its already in a state of breakdown.
    Last edited by Bodacious; 10-08-2015 at 03:43 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Close grip is far better for width, I know what many may think that wider is better for wider lats but its not true. Close grip will give more stretch to the lats and make them work harder due to the wider range of motion. The two insertions of the lats are stretched wider and pulled far more than when your hands are on a wide grip pulldown. Both need to be implemented because they hit slightly different areas.
    Thank you! I'm going to start using these for sure!

Murdered arms today! I was shaking as I was hitting failure. My wife was able to help me with forced reps occasionally, and by occasionally I mean there were a few sets where I freaking tried to get another forced rep and even with her help I failed: pretty awesome.

Ez bar curls: 2 warmup then a working set for 7. Rest paused for freaking 3. Drop set for 1 and 1 forced. Another drop for 2 and 2 negatives.

Incline single arm DB curl: 1 warmup then a working set for 8 right handed and 7 left handed. Rest paused for 7 right handed and 4 left handed. Rest paused for 4 right handed and 3 left handed. There was actually no rest pausing, I just switched hands after the pain abated in the previous arm (about 5 seconds)

Incline hammers. No warm up. Did a set of 8, rest paused for a set of 6, the rest paused for a set of 4.

The dumbbell exercises were done with the only set of Dumbbells I own that was near appropriate weight

Skulls: I warm up then a working set for 6, drop set for 3 plus 1 forced rep, drop set for 3, then 2 negatives.

Tricep push downs: 1 warmup then a working set for 7, rest paused for 4 plus 1 forced rep, the. A drop set for 4 plus 1 forced rep and a negative.

Close grip bench: 1 warmup then a working set for 6, rest paused for 4, rest paused for 1 and a forced rep, and a negative.

Enormous pump! Complete fatigue. Amazing workout, literally shaking through various movements. Most painful award goes to the incline DB curls. Had the (womp, womp womp) in my ears while I was shaking.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Murdered arms today! I was shaking as I was hitting failure. My wife was able to help me with forced reps occasionally, and by occasionally I mean there were a few sets where I freaking tried to get another forced rep and even with her help I failed: pretty awesome. Ez bar curls: 2 warmup then a working set for 7. Rest paused for freaking 3. Drop set for 1 and 1 forced. Another drop for 2 and 2 negatives. Incline single arm DB curl: 1 warmup then a working set for 8 right handed and 7 left handed. Rest paused for 7 right handed and 4 left handed. Rest paused for 4 right handed and 3 left handed. There was actually no rest pausing, I just switched hands after the pain abated in the previous arm (about 5 seconds) Incline hammers. No warm up. Did a set of 8, rest paused for a set of 6, the rest paused for a set of 4. The dumbbell exercises were done with the only set of Dumbbells I own that was near appropriate weight Skulls: I warm up then a working set for 6, drop set for 3 plus 1 forced rep, drop set for 3, then 2 negatives. Tricep push downs: 1 warmup then a working set for 7, rest paused for 4 plus 1 forced rep, the. A drop set for 4 plus 1 forced rep and a negative. Close grip bench: 1 warmup then a working set for 6, rest paused for 4, rest paused for 1 and a forced rep, and a negative. Enormous pump! Complete fatigue. Amazing workout, literally shaking through various movements. Most painful award goes to the incline DB curls. Had the (womp, womp womp) in my ears while I was shaking.
    incline dumbbell curls really hit my bi's hard. The set only starts when the burn starts.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Damn man - my shoulder is super tight today again - it seems to be tightening up the day after a session(mostly pulling as weird as it sounds or delts/traps... But I hit back yesterday and it's fvkin destroyed) - very painful - lats are sore as shit However, it's the back of my R shoulder where the screws are popping thru my skin it seems - and they were supposed to be removed a while back(2nd surg) - it seems I may need to take a day off today - or I may try legs again... Idk - it seems after a session I'm getting more inflammation and easier to put it outta whack for a day... Nothing I can't work around - it's just fvkin frustrating - I'm just going to have to play around with my split - or just go with what's not hurting ATM - as long as everything gets done in the wk right On the plus side my weight is increasing while bf is dropping
    My left shoulder, the rotator cuff I destroyed, is fatigued after almost anything that requires resistance from my left arm. Just using it as stability produces a fatiguing effect. I have to brace extra hard and concentrate on the stability of my arm constantly.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    incline dumbbell curls really hit my bi's hard. The set only starts when the burn starts.....
    Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact I vaguely remember me saying after a few reps with the burn kicking in, "Here we go".

The tragedy is, I never did them before. Possibly ever. Sigh.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Just threw these in my arm w/o the other day and wow is all! Great exercise

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nach are you say do incline flys the incline presses next or do ALL flys first then presses??

Also will try Pec dec and cables first next time for sure. Going to write that down first thing when I get home tonight.
    It all depends - I say this b/c Marcus I believe would want you to concentrate on failure first, thus not doing a s/s(superset w/beyond failure techniques until you and some others that are newer get true positive failure down first and foremost)

So that would be doing straight sets in a pre-exhaust manner... This how I would do it b/c the first movement for me usually heavy and the focus(either flys of presses) flys being my focus w/the pre-exhaust)
    - Any other accessory work can be done b4 Flys to really fatigue/exhaust the muscle plus get a shit load of blood in there
    - Flys to failure(incline) - 1w RP OR DROPS
    - Flys to failure(flat) - everything is same now 1w with however you decide to break it up - i prefer drops w/flys and presses
    - incline presses
    - flat presses
    - maybe finish off your chest w/one arm leaning flys(
    Hope this helps Bod...
    Bodacious likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Im too wrecked to post the full workout but serious going tonight. Recover for the weekend and take my car for a burn after getting a heap of work done on it.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Just threw these in my arm w/o the other day and wow is all! Great exercise
    That's why I did them. Saw you had them and then explained them to someone else and it sounded rough. Aka, fun!
    NACH3 likes this.

It all depends - I say this b/c Marcus I believe would want you to concentrate on failure first, thus not doing a s/s(superset w/beyond failure techniques until you and some others that are newer get true positive failure down first and foremost)

So that would be doing straight sets in a pre-exhaust manner... This how I would do it b/c the first movement for me usually heavy and the focus(either flys of presses) flys being my focus w/the pre-exhaust)
    - Any other accessory work can be done b4 Flys to really fatigue/exhaust the muscle plus get a shit load of blood in there
    - Flys to failure(incline) - 1w RP OR DROPS
    - Flys to failure(flat) - everything is same now 1w with however you decide to break it up - i prefer drops w/flys and presses
    - incline presses
    - flat presses
    - maybe finish off your chest w/one arm leaning flys(
    Hope this helps Bod...
    Thanks man. It does help. I am trying man. I am giving it hell trying..
    Last edited by Bodacious; 10-08-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks man. It does help. I am trying man. I am giving hell trying..
    Hey man, we know believe me... It's very hard to get down(I still ask ?'s and even question something I know is right lol) hate it but we're all perfectionists too! Never satisfied and always changing(for the better)

Keep asking ?'s others will chime in too... You can grab something from them something from him and BOOM! You have what works for you - keep doing what your doing - and we'll see after another couple wks how you feel..
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Hey man, we know believe me... It's very hard to get down(I still ask ?'s and even question something I know is right lol) hate it but we're all perfectionists too! Never satisfied and always changing(for the better)

Keep asking ?'s others will chime in too... You can grab something from them something from him and BOOM! You have what works for you - keep doing what your doing - and we'll see after another couple wks how you feel..
    I am man, trying to take mental notes of everyones workouts and advice ...hell whatever I think looks good to a point. That will help me. Then I go to the gym and give it 100 percent for the time I'm in there. Then come back and get on here. Lol
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Believe I am going to take tonight for a rest day and hit arms tomorrow night. Feeling somewhat fatigued and I am supposed to be off of work tomorrow night. Not sick or anything, just feel like I wouldn't be able to fully focus tonight (if that makes sense?). Just need to get through the shift at work tonight and then I can get some quality rest tomorrow and give the lift max intensity.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-08-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    clarky. likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Believe I am going to take tonight for an rest day and hit arms tomorrow night. Feeling somewhat fatigued and I am supposed to be off of work tomorrow night. Not sick or anything, just feel like I wouldn't be able to fully focus tonight (if that makes sense?).
    I completely understand. Some days the fatigue will conveniently be on a rest day, other times I need another day to recharge and refocus. You're still growing if you're eating and resting. Give er hell tomorrow!
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I completely understand. Some days the fatigue will conveniently be on a rest day, other times I need another day to recharge and refocus. You're still growing if you're eating and resting. Give er hell tomorrow!
    I took today off where normally I'd go in for something 'to stay on schedule' lol now I'm going to give more rest days/when needed to be taken and not feel guilty about it... May have to start doing cardio(I will to try and stay somewhat lean)
    clarky. likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I took today off where normally I'd go in for something 'to stay on schedule' lol now I'm going to give more rest days/when needed to be taken and not feel guilty about it... May have to start doing cardio(I will to try and stay somewhat lean)
    Fvck schedules.....

My body creates my schedule. When it says it's good to be torn down.... I kill it in the gym. When I need the rest.... I need the rest.... Whether it be an off day or leg day.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Funny you guys are talking about this right now. Sitting in the parking lot outside the gym after a sh*tty session.

I was tired and fatigued coming in, slight headache, and I should have taken today off but I know I'll need to take the next two off so I forced it.

Intensity was at about 20% and didn't even attempt heavy working sets. Did three shoulder movements, 20 mins cardio.

Shake, dinner, little work and sleep. Back at it full throttle Sunday. Hope you guys are having a great day.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Funny you guys are talking about this right now. Sitting in the parking lot outside the gym after a sh*tty session.

I was tired and fatigued coming in, slight headache, and I should have taken today off but I know I'll need to take the next two off so I forced it.

Intensity was at about 20% and didn't even attempt heavy working sets. Did three shoulder movements, 20 mins cardio.

Shake, dinner, little work and sleep. Back at it full throttle Sunday. Hope you guys are having a great day.
    Get some rest Igifuno. Come in Sunday and kill it man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious
    Get some rest Igifuno. Come in Sunday and kill it man.
    10-4 on that brutha.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Nice session Clarky.

You still on a pull back or straight HIT again?
    Thanks mate. Yes straight HIT again nach i did two wks pull back i really need it mate.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Murdered arms today! I was shaking as I was hitting failure. My wife was able to help me with forced reps occasionally, and by occasionally I mean there were a few sets where I freaking tried to get another forced rep and even with her help I failed: pretty awesome.

Ez bar curls: 2 warmup then a working set for 7. Rest paused for freaking 3. Drop set for 1 and 1 forced. Another drop for 2 and 2 negatives.

Incline single arm DB curl: 1 warmup then a working set for 8 right handed and 7 left handed. Rest paused for 7 right handed and 4 left handed. Rest paused for 4 right handed and 3 left handed. There was actually no rest pausing, I just switched hands after the pain abated in the previous arm (about 5 seconds)

Incline hammers. No warm up. Did a set of 8, rest paused for a set of 6, the rest paused for a set of 4.

The dumbbell exercises were done with the only set of Dumbbells I own that was near appropriate weight

Skulls: I warm up then a working set for 6, drop set for 3 plus 1 forced rep, drop set for 3, then 2 negatives.

Tricep push downs: 1 warmup then a working set for 7, rest paused for 4 plus 1 forced rep, the. A drop set for 4 plus 1 forced rep and a negative.

Close grip bench: 1 warmup then a working set for 6, rest paused for 4, rest paused for 1 and a forced rep, and a negative.

Enormous pump! Complete fatigue. Amazing workout, literally shaking through various movements. Most painful award goes to the incline DB curls. Had the (womp, womp womp) in my ears while I was shaking.
    Nice session nova

Love incline db curls made a huge difference to my bi's and what ever muscle i am training and i get to that pure burn stage i alway and i mean always think of haz and these words.
    almostgone likes this.

Morning
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good morning, Marcus.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Should be doing legs but my back wont be able to withstand the abuse so going to miss them for today and hit arms.

Tricep pushdowns - V bar

3 warm up sets
    1 working set to failure plus 3 drop sets each to failure

one arm db overhead tricep extension
    2 feel sets
    1 working set with 1 drop set

seated dip machine
    2 working sets to failure

seated db curls

2 feel sets
    1 working set plus 2 rest pause

bent over hanging concentration curls
    1 feel set
    1 working set to failure plus 2 rest pause

DB hammer curls

1 feel set
    1 working set plus 3 drop sets

wrist curls db's

2 working set to failure
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

mussina123 is offline Junior Member
    Morning guys, TGIF, let's GET IT!

Hey Marcus do you have any books you recommend on mind control you mentioned a little while ago?
    Last edited by mussina123; 10-09-2015 at 05:09 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Fvck schedules.....

My body creates my schedule. When it says it's good to be torn down.... I kill it in the gym. When I need the rest.... I need the rest.... Whether it be an off day or leg day.
    Yeah I like that(Fvk schedules - as long as everything gets done)

I took the day off yesterday and sure enough my R shoulder feels much better to work with today! This was one thing I was hoping for! Back at it today...
    Bodacious likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Should be doing legs but my back wont be able to withstand the abuse so going to miss them for today and hit arms. Tricep pushdowns - V bar 3 warm up sets 1 working set to failure plus 3 drop sets each to failure one arm db overhead tricep extension 2 feel sets 1 working set with 1 drop set seated dip machine 2 working sets to failure seated db curls 2 feel sets 1 working set plus 2 rest pause bent over hanging concentration curls 1 feel set 1 working set to failure plus 2 rest pause DB hammer curls 1 feel set 1 working set plus 3 drop sets wrist curls db's 2 working set to failure
    Shred big guy... Beautiful session. I love the "f*ck the feel set" attitude on the seated dip
    almostgone likes this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bench press

Incline press

Free motion fitness flys

Cable crossovers

20 minutes low intensity cardio and done

Happy Friday!!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Chest

Flat DB 2f 12,10 1w 9
    Straight into

finished with

Hi Bod you asked me to look over your chest workout

I didn't fully understand if your was doing pre exhaust superset or just pre exhaust, but it seems you was just doing a pre exhaust protocol on your chest which is great, I've used it many times due to my RC issues because it helps to keep the compound weight lower but still stimulate it enough to produce growth. Its also good to increase your strength on the compound after the isolation movement.

If your doing incline flyes first then you want to be really hitting the incline press afterwards, this will target the upper chest a little bit more than swapping to flat pressing.

Then go into your flat work or decline work by doing the isolation movement first ie flyes then going hitting the flat compound movement ie pressing.

I don't understand your reps or what your doing in the set so cant comment but if your doing forced and negs you wont be able to do a drop set after you have done the negative, If you have properly gone to failure on the positive side of the rep then you go into 2 forced, then your partner helps you with 2 negs then it will be impossible to do any drop sets. If you can your wasting your time doing forced and negs because your not truly going to failure. Once the positive strength as gone at failure you only have 2 other strengths left negative and static, so going into a drop set after negatives is impossible, the only way its possible if you haven't gone to failure which is most peoples flaw.

When people think they are going to use beyond failure protocols they have already mentally prepared themselves to go beyond failure and by doing this they leave sometime in the tank to perform the beyond failure reps, but in reality they haven't truly gone to failure.

Going to true positive failure takes serious amount of mental focus and an even greater tolerance of pain to dig deep into those tough fibers what start to be recruited at failure, this is when the brain tells you to stop, the lactic acid is burning telling you to stop, the pain is telling you to stop but your not at true positive failure yety, this is when your near failure and to reach it takes a lot of mental power and aggression to get to this stage, so if you can go to this zone of failure on the positive and you do 2 forced helped by your spotter and then go into a drop set, I call bullshit on you taking yourself to true failure.

Like I mention all the time to new guys reading in here, first learn and teach your body to with stand failure and understand what it truly means because only at this stage the type 2b fibers get recruited and these are the ones what grow the thickest and biggest. Once at this stage doing any advanced beyond protocol takes another level of mental torture and it wont last long.

I would love to train each one of you and take your chest pressing to true failure and then show me how your going to do a drop set straight afterwards, you will dry like a baby, and this is what you got to train your body, it takes time. So adding forced, the negatives then drops is really an impossible working to set complete unless you have done the failure right.

Like ive said I don't full understand what you done in your working sets its not clear to me, maybe in future just write it in plain English what every rep you did.

The key to HIT in my view and they are many ways to implement HIT but the principles are the same and failure is one of them, many don't fully understand what failure is because their bodies wont go to that zone, this training isn't for everyone but it can be learnt over time, its a battle of mental power and understanding how to release that inner aggression to ignite the adrenalin

sorry for the spelling mistake and grammar within this post I am typing this on my phone and my fingers are to big and gets me frustrated so I hope you understand what I am trying to say, one step at a time.

We have 3 strengths - positive, negative and static, you destroy the positive and you step into a new world of hell and training in hell isn't for the light hearted

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Should be doing legs but my back wont be able to withstand the abuse so going to miss them for today and hit arms.

Tricep pushdowns - V bar
    3 warm up sets
    1 working set to failure plus 3 drop sets each to failure

one arm db overhead tricep extension
    2 feel sets
    1 working set with 1 drop set

seated dip machine
    2 working sets to failure

seated db curls
    2 feel sets
    1 working set plus 2 rest pause

bent over hanging concentration curls
    1 feel set
    1 working set to failure plus 2 rest pause

DB hammer curls
    1 feel set
    1 working set plus 3 drop sets

wrist curls db's
    2 working set to failure
    Marcus do you rotate or do you keep your palms facing same way for some of your bicep movements.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Nice session nova
    Thanks, Clarky.

Thread Information