Page 670 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1705706206606656666676686696706716726736746756807207701170 ... LastLast
Results 26,761 to 26,800 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    Yeah I kind of regret my name choice now that I've started to actually feel apart of the community a bit. I stumbled upon this forum by accident while participating in my usual alcohol-fueled keyboard warrior nonsense and when asked for a username all my usual ones where taken so I ingeniously devised the term, "Splifton."

On the topic of exercise protocol I coincidentally had some similarities to HIT ideology. My workouts go for 45 minutes max unless the gym is crowded. I am an avid fan of drop sets and super sets, but it's kitten mittens in comparison to the intensity you guys probably go at. I do include a deload period and frequently mix it up by over accentuating different parts of the movement. Ironically I've done some reading in the past on Mike Mentzer so I had some principles in mind, but I never looked into any Dorian Yates interviews until recently.

I'm thinking though that I should just forget everything I thought I knew about training. I kind of fcked myself as I took a bunch of sports kinesiology and even an introductory course for kinanthropometry...
    So I'll just apologize now as a future reference because those courses I feel led me into the practice of trying to design workouts around trivial biomechanical principles.

I'm sure it has it's place to some extent, but I've tried my best to abstaining myself from asking anymore exercise questions in the work out section. I'm just ready to erase the whiteboard and restart the learning process! Thankfully I can say with certainty that I do have a fairly strong comprehension of nutrition so at least that department is covered.

I'm really intimidated honestly in that I'll just fail miserably at trying this considering I'm a dingle berry among giants in this thread! I'm ready though to trade in my endurance running for some ass-pounding-mutant-muscular-bodaciousness.

Just carry on training and now and again try add in some of the HIT principles, read the whole thread and slowly learn and take on board what its all about. First try and open your mind to doing one working set, try and teach your mind to release the aggression what's needed to go to failure and forget what everybody else is doing in the gym because if your going to be trying what we do in here you'll be on your own.
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Good job guys. Things are messed up with me right now and blew my back out so trying to train just a little to keep pumped, so thats why I havent been posting, honestly a little depressed. Also, Im not picking anybody out, but whats up with the pics with shirts on, its becoming a trend ?
    How did you do your back??

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Just carry on training and now and again try add in some of the HIT principles, read the whole thread and slowly learn and take on board what its all about. First try and open your mind to doing one working set, try and teach your mind to release the aggression what's needed to go to failure and forget what everybody else is doing in the gym because if your going to be trying what we do in here you'll be on your own.
    Very true! I've only gotten one of the guys from work lifting HIT style. Most of them bail out because they say they can't train like this. It gets irksome, because how do they know they can't if they don't embrace/try it?
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Very true! I've only gotten one of the guys from work lifting HIT style. Most of them bail out because they say they can't train like this. It gets irksome, because how do they know they can't if they don't embrace/try it?
    I agree , its not for everyone this style of training and many cant and don't really want to put themselves through the intensity what is required but I've personally tried every training protocol or most of them and for me HIT produces thick, dense big muscles like nothing else I've seen. I walk in the gym and there are loads training away, I walk out of the gym and the same people are still there training away and for years they haven't changed except when they go on gear then afterwards they lose it all and the vicious circle starts.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on combining shoulders with another day.

I want to try a chest/back/legs/arms split. However, I need to fit 2 or 3 shoulder exercises in there too. I did BB shrugs on back day for upper traps in case you were wondering.

Does anyone have any ideas for this? I'm thinking I could add a couple shoulder exercises to the chest day.
    Its impossible for me to do 2 major muscle groups in one workout, if I do the last muscle group I attack suffers. Its just not for me I much prefer doing one on its own and attacking it or now and again a major with a minor but that's just me. I know Kel works two muscle groups but in all honesty that cvnt came out of the womb looking like he does so that puts no credit to what he does
    Sfla80 and novastepp like this.

Yes sir, I've tried several over the years. GVT, 5x5, you name it. Whatever was popular at the time. I honestly did my best with HIT just before I had the health issues, I was at my strongest and my best following Dante's HIT program. Then when I returned, you and the rest of the crew welcomed me back to HIT and I haven't looked back.
    Do I still have progress to make? LOL, you bet. But isn't there always progress to be made, especially when you are aiming for beyond failure? I mean honestly for me beyond failure is always evolving. I may hit a sticking point and then "blammo!", things reset and I find another level. You guys know what I mean.

Wife's b'day is coming up this week so I promised to watch a movie with her and the beasts before I lift. Of course, she picked out a 3 hour+ movie, but I can lift closer to sunup or this evening.

Edit: I'm splurging a little bit for my " breakfast " meal. 12 oz. of flank steak, 1 small red potato, and about 12 asparagus spears.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-10-2015 at 05:15 AM.
    marcus300, NACH3 and Sfla80 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Its impossible for me to do 2 major muscle groups in one workout, if I do the last muscle group I attack suffers. Its just not for me I much prefer doing one on its own and attacking it or now and again a major with a minor but that's just me. I know Kel works two muscle groups but in all honesty that cvnt came out of the womb looking like he does so that puts no credit to what he does
    ...and I just spit tea all.over my phone.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    lmfao
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Glutes and legs are quite tender to say it nicely... Have delts/& traps today and then rest day!

Hope all is having a great day!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    And in bold is why I switched to one BP per day

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Thanks for the feedback fellas. I asked because it feels like some part of my shoulders get hit in all of my workouts. Does that make sense? Today would be my shoulders day, based on the rotation, but my delts are honestly slightly sore and I think it is from my tricep exercises that I performed on Thursday.

Like Marcus said about the fact that if he would hit two major body parts, the latter one would suffer, I'm wondering if that may be true if I hit shoulders in this manner. Anyone have thoughts about this or maybe a better recommendation on when to nuke em?

Thanks guys.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Good job guys. Things are messed up with me right now and blew my back out so trying to train just a little to keep pumped, so thats why I havent been posting, honestly a little depressed. Also, Im not picking anybody out, but whats up with the pics with shirts on, its becoming a trend ?
    BG stay with us man.. Sorry about your back and hope it heals up quickly.

What's your tricep routine?

If your shoulders are suffering do them another day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Post up what you are comfortable doing, Sfla..I know f you have a hectic schedule, but post when you can. You're my motivation for cardio, buddy. I need to see you posting! All the best to you and Mrs. Sfla!
    Sfla this is truth brother. No lurking for you. You're in here with us for the long haul man. You'll get through it and we are along for the ride.
    almostgone, NACH3 and Sfla80 like this.

Blog Entries
    Didn't sleep too good this morning/afternoon, but am going back for a few hours more rest. I'm beginning to think the years/decades of working 6 or 7 day weeks is taking a toll on me, guys. Anyway, eating some chicken and rice, and looking forward to a shot when I get up. Working arms late tonight or around 2-3 a.m. Might as well pin biceps tonight. Edit: I need to find Sfla's recipe for fried/crispy rice. Think I recall seeing it and it read.like the fat content from the oil was.minimal?
    Wish I got better sleep last night too but didn't really and was up too early. Not sure if I have that recipe, but he does have some really good recipes for rice, that's for sure
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on combining shoulders with another day. I want to try a chest/back/legs/arms split. However, I need to fit 2 or 3 shoulder exercises in there too. I did BB shrugs on back day for upper traps in case you were wondering. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I'm thinking I could add a couple shoulder exercises to the chest day.
    Try throwing them in with legs. Kel does them with back which works but not for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    Your lifts don't matter right now. Your health does. You're a part of this thread and we expect you to remain one, dammit.
    x2!!!
    Sfla80 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yes sir, I've tried several over the years. GVT, 5x5, you name it. Whatever was popular at the time. I honestly did my best with HIT just before I had the health issues, I was at my strongest and my best following Dante's HIT program. Then when I returned, you and the rest of the crew welcomed me back to HIT and I haven't looked back. Do I still have progress to make? LOL, you bet. But isn't there always progress to be made, especially when you are aiming for beyond failure? I mean honestly for me beyond failure is always evolving. I may hit a sticking point and then "blammo!", things reset and I find another level. You guys know what I mean. Wife's b'day is coming up this week so I promised to watch a movie with her and the beasts before I lift. Of course, she picked out a 3 hour+ movie, but I can lift closer to sunup or this evening. Edit: I'm splurging a little bit for my " breakfast " meal. 12 oz. of flank steak, 1 small red potato, and about 12 asparagus spears.
    Happy birthday to your HAW!!
    almostgone likes this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    And in bold is why I switched to one BP per day
    X2 ....I used to try and train two parts a day. Then I realize I wasn't hitting the second one like it should be. Also started being more involved in here.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    LOL, I'll tell her, Igi, and thanks! I've been constantly reminding her that once her b'day hits she will once again be older than I. So far, she has flipped me off at least thrice.
    Bodacious likes this.

Rest day for me today guys. Back is nice and sore chest is also still a little sore. Ending my second week. Hopefully next week my test will start to come on some. If it doesn't I am still going to kill my workouts. Traps and delts for me tomorrow.

At a Crossfit competition with the wife. Have to cheer her on. 2 years ago she's wouldn't even pick up a weight. Now she competing, so proud of her. She has to do a max snatch she's going to try for 165 she got 155 Wed. Here for the day though will be lurking all day.

I know guys in here don't care for Crossfit bUT it's being active and has help her so much. Myself I just do it whenever. I like to push weight around myself. But I have done some crossfit stuff with her and it's kicked my ass. Lol...She laughs at me. Lol
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback fellas. I asked because it feels like some part of my shoulders get hit in all of my workouts. Does that make sense? Today would be my shoulders day, based on the rotation, but my delts are honestly slightly sore and I think it is from my tricep exercises that I performed on Thursday.

Like Marcus said about the fact that if he would hit two major body parts, the latter one would suffer, I'm wondering if that may be true if I hit shoulders in this manner. Anyone have thoughts about this or maybe a better recommendation on when to nuke em?

Thanks guys.
    Sure - but your not isolating them at all! If you feel more tension on your shoulders(say during arms your starting to engage your delts rather tha isolate your tris more and even bis - where you curl up too high engages the front delt) then put them by themselves or w/traps... Some hit traps w/back..

I'd short change any other muscle I as hitting besides the first one!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-10-2015 at 06:55 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I missed that AG... Tell er one of the dundeoneers said Happy B-Day!
    almostgone likes this.

What's your tricep routine? If your shoulders are suffering do them another day.
    I did skulls, push downs, close grip bench, and kickbacks.

Blog Entries
    LOL, I'll tell her, Igi, and thanks! I've been constantly reminding her that once her b'day hits she will once again be older than I. So far, she has flipped me off at least thrice.
    Me and my HAW have the same cycle. Isn't it fun?!? Lol
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious
    Rest day for me today guys. Back is nice and sore chest is also still a little sore. Ending my second week. Hopefully next week my test will start to come on some. If it doesn't I am still going to kill my workouts. Traps and delts for me tomorrow. At a Crossfit competition with the wife. Have to cheer her on. 2 years ago she's wouldn't even pick up a weight. Now she competing, so proud of her. She has to do a max snatch she's going to try for 165 she got 155 Wed. Here for the day though will be lurking all day. I know guys in here don't care for Crossfit bUT it's being active and has help her so much. Myself I just do it whenever. I like to push weight around myself. But I have done some crossfit stuff with her and it's kicked my ass. Lol...She laughs at me. Lol
    Not at all man that's awesome, best of luck to her today!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Sure - but your not isolating them at all! If you feel more tension on your shoulders(say during arms your starting to engage your delts rather tha isolate your tris more and even bis - where you curl up too high engages the front delt) then put them by themselves or w/traps... Some hit traps w/back.. I'd short change any other muscle I as hitting besides the first one!
    Correct, not isolating them. They both have a pretty pronounced soreness right at the center at the top of the lateral delt.

I agree that I probably wouldn't have the breath to hit shoulders well after another workout, but I wanted to discuss it.

What's your tricep routine? If your shoulders are suffering do them another day.
    Now that I'm going HIT all the way, I think I need your input, and everyone's input, on a general schedule.

I can workout on Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, & Thurs.

Sat & Sun I'm alone with my kids, so no spot, ergo, no forced reps, only positive failure and drop sets with the possibility of a negative.

I'd "prefer" not to workout sat, sun, mon, tues, but I could if I had to for some reason. It would be great to do Sat, Mon, Tues, Thurs.

Any help or discussion would be very much appreciated.

Not at all man that's awesome, best of luck to her today!
    Thanks a ton man.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thanks a ton man.
    Give her our best!
    Bodacious likes this.

Give her our best!
    Going to tell her everyone said good luck from our community.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Happy bday to Mrs AG and good luck to Mrs bodacious!

30 mins cardio and core this morning before work.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sfla80 View Post
    happy bday to mrs ag and good luck to mrs bodacious!

30 mins cardio and core this morning before work.
    x2...

Loosening up w/the rumble roller and tennis ball...

Nova - will be using the med ball to rotate around my hips(both directions) for RCs!

Blog Entries
    Thinking about tomorrow's chest session. I want it to be explosive and I'll be well rested by then. I'll have a partner too so planning on pushing the limits

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about tomorrow's chest session. I want it to be explosive and I'll be well rested by then. I'll have a partner too so planning on pushing the limits
    BB OR DBs Igi?

x2... Loosening up w/the rumble roller and tennis ball... Nova - will be using the med ball to rotate around my hips(both directions) for RCs!
    Heck yeah! They work well, and honestly you don't need to go heavy with them, just focus on speed and close versus far from body.
    NACH3 likes this.

Heck yea Igifuno. ...we need a report back tomorrow that when u walked out of the gym. Everyone else thats in there say to each other that's a bad MFer right there. Chest full of blood.
    Last edited by Bodacious; 10-10-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Also the wife smiled real big when I told her you all said good luck. Always good when they are smiling. Then I told her to wipe the damn smile off and go pick some weight up. That's when all of yall got in my head at that point. Lol She came back and that's weight is going to be my bitch ...lmao...

Thanks again everyone. I know this is a steriod board but in the last few weeks it has been a lot more than that to me.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    BB OR DBs Igi?
    Dbs..

Blog Entries
    Heck yea Igifuno. ...we need a report back tomorrow that when u walked out of the gym. Everyone else thats in there say to each other that's a bad MFer right there. Chest full of blood.
    10-4 on that and will do.

Thread Information