Page 41 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651911415411041 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

sawyer86 is offline Member
    marcus how important in your opinion is it to split back training up, widgth/thickness? or is is possible to hit both enough in one session?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    marcus how important in your opinion is it to split back training up, widgth/thickness? or is is possible to hit both enough in one session?
    Yes of course you can hit both in one session I did it for years. I hit both width and thickness in the same session but I do prioritise one or the other when training back, one week I will do a lot more rowing movements and the next week I will do more pulldown movements but in each workout I will attack both but my main focus is on one or the other. My reasoning behind this is because I was lacking on my back so I thought I would concentrate a little more on one area because it is a huge part to train so I started to do that and my back exploded. It wont work for all but it worked for me and now my back just gets wider and thicker all the time.

There isn't one way to suit us all there are many ways, the way I speak about in this thread is the way I train now after yrs of training ive evolved my routine to suit my body for size and mass. I do swap things around from time to time but this is how I train its hard, its intense and its extremely hard work but sport and get such a buzz out of it. All I ask is try it and see what works for you.

I am going to post a full workout what I am working on for someone here, I'm not going to name him but I will be posting it because it may help others who are similar to him get results.

If you have been doing a certain movement on your back and its not developing then something is wrong, change things around, increase the intensity and work your back to the max. Its hard work bending over rowing huge amounts of weight and drop setting or rest pausing but you got to take your body to its limit if you want serious gains, not beach body gain I am talking about big gains were you look in the mirror and think how the fuk have I done that.....
    sawyer86 likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Had a fever so it was impossible to train or eat, wiped 14lbs off me, probably mostly water but looking forward to the rebound
    That is very nasty lot of weight to loose so quickly too man. Hopefully it is just water. As you know every lb is hard fought

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    That is very nasty lot of weight to loose so quickly too man. Hopefully it is just water. As you know every lb is hard fought
    It will take me the same amount of time to get it back on, my body is a sponge at the moment

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Holy Sh!t Marcus!! HUGE back mate!
    marcus300 likes this.

DCI
    It will take me the same amount of time to get it back on, my body is a sponge at the moment
    Weres the dis like button do you think your body or more to the point peoples bodies in general plateau and then after x amount of have a growth spurt due to training or just the sheer amount of time the body has been trained therefore it will have to grow, if you get what I'm tryingto say lol

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Holy Sh!t Marcus!! HUGE back mate!
    thanks

Weres the dis like button do you think your body or more to the point peoples bodies in general plateau and then after x amount of have a growth spurt due to training or just the sheer amount of time the body has been trained therefore it will have to grow, if you get what I'm tryingto say lol
    Don't really understand what you mean but I think ive lost a lot of water weight due to sweating buckets so its only amount of time before I fully hydrates myself again, not 100% yet and my appetite is just getting back to normal so with the amount of food I eat I should be back were I started within a week, but who knows hopefully I have lost of tissue I don't look it
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Don't really understand what you mean but I think ive lost a lot of water weight due to sweating buckets so its only amount of time before I fully hydrates myself again, not 100% yet and my appetite is just getting back to normal so with the amount of food I eat I should be back were I started within a week, but who knows hopefully I have lost of tissue I don't look it
    What I meant was, do you think your(as in general population) goes through phases of growth and phases of levelling off off amd just staying a weight then repeat the process. Or is it soley down to yourself stimulating the growth?

sawyer86 is offline Member
    Yes of course you can hit both in one session I did it for years. I hit both width and thickness in the same session but I do prioritise one or the other when training back, one week I will do a lot more rowing movements and the next week I will do more pulldown movements but in each workout I will attack both but my main focus is on one or the other. My reasoning behind this is because I was lacking on my back so I thought I would concentrate a little more on one area because it is a huge part to train so I started to do that and my back exploded. It wont work for all but it worked for me and now my back just gets wider and thicker all the time.

There isn't one way to suit us all there are many ways, the way I speak about in this thread is the way I train now after yrs of training ive evolved my routine to suit my body for size and mass. I do swap things around from time to time but this is how I train its hard, its intense and its extremely hard work but sport and get such a buzz out of it. All I ask is try it and see what works for you.

I am going to post a full workout what I am working on for someone here, I'm not going to name him but I will be posting it because it may help others who are similar to him get results.

If you have been doing a certain movement on your back and its not developing then something is wrong, change things around, increase the intensity and work your back to the max. Its hard work bending over rowing huge amounts of weight and drop setting or rest pausing but you got to take your body to its limit if you want serious gains, not beach body gain I am talking about big gains were you look in the mirror and think how the fuk have I done that.....
    thanks marcus, you help me loads with the bits of advice here and there. my back is my weak point so i think this will help me. im going to give it a try. i cant wait for you to post the workout your working on and i think its great the time you put in helping us on this thread. its turning into a helpline thread!
    marcus300 likes this.

What I meant was, do you think your(as in general population) goes through phases of growth and phases of levelling off off amd just staying a weight then repeat the process. Or is it soley down to yourself stimulating the growth?
    I believe we grow in spurts just like when we were babies and if you look at growth charts you will see we don't continually grow, we have growth spurts and that's how I design everything around. I try to open a growth window by priming and then hitting the system with high amounts of androgens and stimulate muscle by intense training, we can grow in spurts but not all the time, that's why I prefer shorter cycle they suit me better and I get a lot more gains with far less sides. If we did grow all the time we all would be 500lbs+ at 6% bf but the body doesn't and wont allow this so it grows in spurts.

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    thanks marcus, you help me loads with the bits of advice here and there. my back is my weak point so i think this will help me. im going to give it a try. i cant wait for you to post the workout your working on and i think its great the time you put in helping us on this thread. its turning into a helpline thread!
    If your back is weak hit it first thing after a rest day so your fresh, hit both width and thickness and implement HIT training like I've mentioned throughout this thread

DCI
    I believe we grow in spurts just like when we were babies and if you look at growth charts you will see we don't continually grow, we have growth spurts and that's how I design everything around. I try to open a growth window by priming and then hitting the system with high amounts of androgens and stimulate muscle by intense training, we can grow in spurts but not all the time, that's why I prefer shorter cycle they suit me better and I get a lot more gains with far less sides. If we did grow all the time we all would be 500lbs+ at 6% bf but the body doesn't and wont allow this so it grows in spurts.
    Ahh cool my logic was sound enough too, just been thinking about things while driving in work and letting tjings rattle around my head. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Did legs last night, christ they developing very quickly considering the short amount of time I've been training them properly for. Did squatting, leg press, quad machine and hammies as a rest pause superset was ruined, we did all the above with rest pause in 45 mins, sweat was pouring off me due to the humidity and speed of the training last night.

Did arms also but mixing up there training a lot compared to what ive done in the past, a lot of high reps to failure with slightly less than max weight, they seem to be responding really well
    marcus300 likes this.

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI

Ahh cool my logic was sound enough too, just been thinking about things while driving in work and letting tjings rattle around my head. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Did legs last night, christ they developing very quickly considering the short amount of time I've been training them properly for. Did squatting, leg press, quad machine and hammies as a rest pause superset was ruined, we did all the above with rest pause in 45 mins, sweat was pouring off me due to the humidity and speed of the training last night.

Did arms also but mixing up there training a lot compared to what ive done in the past, a lot of high reps to failure with slightly less than max weight, they seem to be responding really well
    Legs and arms in one day???? Man sounds brutal

DCI
    Yeh, I have a weird thing in my head, that I refuse to do arms on any other day but thursdays lol its just a tradition from when i first started training

You seems to be getting the hang of all this mind set and mental approach, well done and if your seeing results in such a short period of time your doing it right. Your building a great base and foundation just think when you do start aas whats going to happen with all this knowledge you have, wrap this around the right pre cycle prime and stack and your going to break door ways mate

DCI
    You seems to be getting the hang of all this mind set and mental approach, well done and if your seeing results in such a short period of time your doing it right. Your building a great base and foundation just think when you do start aas whats going to happen with all this knowledge you have, wrap this around the right pre cycle prime and stack and your going to break door ways mate
    Yeh, I have been mentally visualising lots of progress that I want to achieve sooner than ever. Before I was making excuses now, I am trying to find solutions to problems and to work out other ways of packing on muscle with different excerises and styles.

I am more open now with training and not frightend of loosing muscle tissue like I was in the past. Ohh the aas thing has been rattling around a lot also. Still nervous about it but feel I am developing a good strong base to improve on.

From reading a lot I think your priming and short runs are the way to gonto stop your body adapting as I feel mine is even doing now with creatine and the fat burner I am on. I am going to give them both a rest for two weeks along with cardio just to shock my body again.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Ok big guy did traps yesterday and back

Traps are completely done it was a good work out as for my back i took it a bit easy because of hurting it last wk but a say took it easy but the weight was still up on last wk on bent over rows and dead lift i didn't do lat pd in case i hurt it again it's somthing i get a lot of bother with marcus i have not hit all ma muscle groups yet as i have just started this marcus training lol just bi's and back traps so i'll let you know big guy my bi's have just recovered yesterday from mondays work.
    Last edited by clarky.; 04-12-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ok big guy did traps yesterday and back

Traps are completely done it was a good work out as for my back i took it a bit easy because of hurting it last wk but a say took it easy but the weight was still up on last wk on bent over rows and dead lift i didn't do lat pd in case i hurt it again it's somthing i get a lot of bother with marcus i have not hit all ma muscle groups yet as i have just started this marcus training lol just bi's and back traps so i'll let you know big guy my bi's have just recovered yesterday from mondays work.
    Great let me know

I got asked by someone to give him a workout using my kind of training style and intensity now he doesn't mind me posting here aswell so I will be posting this routine which will suit anyone who is interested in HIT and my modification of HIT. Its not easy and is extremely hard but the session are short and very productive at creating a serious over load on the body so it grows bigger and stronger. It will explain more or less what to do in each workout because I keep getting asked the same thing through PM and I think some don't fully understand what is meant by failure, beyond failure, drop setting, rest pause and forced and negs so this will try and show you a workout suit to this guys schedule and aims but it can be used by many....

posted soon
    sawyer86 likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Looking forward to that big guy.

This is a routine ive recently sent to a member, it may help others understand
    Thanks...........

I have my own variation of HIT whats evolved over the years to really hit the muscle hard and to make it respond. Ive also had great success with many clients who I've advice over the yrs, myself and also personal friends with this style so when you ask me to design you a workout I am going to give you something what has been proven to work. First you need to have the right mind set and mental focus it takes to go to the gym and do this kind of assault on your body, you have to get into your head this is going to be 45mins only so it can be done, it will hurt and it will produce gains if I do it right. Get the adrenalin flowing and when you walk in that gym its to breakdown your muscles and create an environment what will make them grow bigger and stronger. You don't get this mental approach right you wont get the best out of your workouts, its your choice its down to you what you want.

When I talk about going to failure I mean were you can't push or pull another rep out no matter what, if someone had a gym to your head you still couldn't do another rep and your down to doing half cheated reps and quarters. Don't leave anything in the tank for the next set don't even be thinking about the next set, failure means you cant lift or pull that weight on your own even if your life depended on it. So when I say failure don't disregard it as when the lactic acid starts flowing through your muscles and you start to think this is my last rep, oh no failure means failure and you cant do another rep or even half rep and you have come to positive failure.

When I talk about beyond failure this is when I implement either forced and negatives after total positive failure, rest pause at positive failure or drop setting at positive failure. These are methods to take you beyond the failure and into a zone of extreme hell, this will recruit further fibres to execute the movement which in turn will put serious over load on the muscle and the body will have no alternative but to grow bigger and stronger. TALKING ABOUT IT IS EASY DOING IS A DIFFERENT MATTER.

You have told me

Your workout 5 days per week Mon to Fri and have weekends off
    You have a 2 hour window in the morning for cardio and training
    95% of the time you can get someone to spot and assist you
    Shoulders are the worse bodypart, and you have issues with upper chest, chest delt tie-in's, back thickness, traps and tri's
    You can squat, leg press, hack squat

I am going explain while I go through the workout so you fully understand whats expected, as the workout expands I wont need to carry on explaining but for the first few workouts I will go into detail so you know what your doing and should be feeling.

Monday

Shoulders - method - failure + forced + negatives

DB seated shoulder press

2 warm up sets - do high reps and increase the weight on the second set to get a feel were your going to be starting with the working set. After your first warm up set stretch each shoulder for 30 seconds and make sure you get as much blood in that area as possible, if you fancy doing some light lateral raises do them aswell or you fancy doing 3 warm up sets just do what ever it takes for you to get fully warmed up for the working set.

working set - to failure + forced +negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be at failure around 4-6 reps, you should be able to judge this right knowing your PB and how you feel on the day, you also got a 4-6 rep range to target at failure so you should be able to judge this within that set rep range. Get your spotter to help you up with one of the bells and start pressing until your at failure - remember what failure means so you will be down to doing half reps and your spotter will help you up on the half rep to complete your reps - now your at positive failure and we are going into forced reps- do around 2-3 forced reps the reason why I say only 2-3 forced reps because if you have truly gone to failure on your own and you have left anything in the tank for the forced reps you should be only able to do around 2 or 3 at the most with the help of your spotter, so do 2-3 forced reps and now your at total positive failure and its impossible to do any more even assisted with your spotter. Your bells are at the top and now we are going to do 2-3 negatives so slowly lower the weight down and try and keep it under control - this is were the serious pain is going to enter your body you think the forced was painful then this is a whole new world, once at the bottom get your spotter to help you to the top again and do another negative slowly lowering the weight down, if you feel you got another in your for 3 negs go for it, doesn't matter if you fail so long as you have gone to total negative failure. That's muscle has now recruited every fibre inside it to complete that set and you have put it in serious overload and your body has no other option but to grow bigger and stronger by building more muscle.

If by any chance you feel you can do another working set then do another one but you will need to adjust the weight being used to a lighter one, some can do 2 working sets, others put that much into the working set its impossible to do the same again, see how you go with that one lol.

Now your only going to have 1 min rest so within the next min go and get ready for the next movement which will be either

DB side laterals

machine side laterals

cable side laterals

With this example I am going to go with seated side laterals

1min rest over

2 feel sets - get a light weight start judging what your going to be doing for your working set, get the feel of the movement right and make sure your warmed up, after the pressing you should be. Get your spotter to sit behind you for your working set

working set - to failure + forced + negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be failing around 4-6 reps - strict form with these at first and try and slightly have your little finger higher than your thumb at shoulder level, this will target the outside lateral head cap. Go to failure until your doing half cheat reps and go down to quarter cheat reps, this movement is ideal for this - so failure means you cant lift them to your side not even for a quarter rep - now get your spotter to help you do another 2-3 forced reps - your delts will be screaming in pain here, serious pump and you just want to throw the bells down but don't, do the forced reps and once at total positive failure go with 2 negatives - get your spotter to help you to the top and slowly lower the bells - lol i'm laughing because at tis stage it wont be slow but I want you to really try and hold that weight from dropping down to your side - do 2-3 negs in this fashion. You should now know what pain means because ngative pain is a whole new ball game, welcome to the pain zone my friend.

After 1 min rest do another working set but adjust the bells to suit- lower the weight and try and hit the 4-6 rep range to failure even down to half cheat and quarter cheat reps, 2 forced reps and 2 neg reps - your delts now should be very pumped and aching like never before, usually the only rest you can give them is to hold them high up but remember 1 min rest and get ready for the next movement

Side note: An alternative to the seated side laterals which you can try these and implemented them every other week

single side laterals superset with single upright row

3 working sets of 8 reps to failure then straight into single upright rows for another 8+ reps see video as an example MuscleTech: "60 Seconds on Muscle" One Arm Upright Row - YouTube

Rear DB laterals, machine rear laterals

Same thing as side laterals

2 feel sets

2 working sets to failure + forced + negs

BB shrugs - best if you can do these off squat safety bars or a power rack so you don't have to bend over and take it off the floor. Your not doing forced or negs with shrugs because it doesn't work right so the best way to go beyond failure with shrugs is dropsets.

One min rest from the rear laterals or close as you can to 1 min rest, if you need more time take it but try and keep rest time short around 1min or min and half, as you progress through this style you will adapt better to shorter rest periods and you will get it spot on to fully stimulate your muscle group so try always to keep rest period down and aim for 1 min rest..

2 feel sets - warm those traps up and get a feel of the weight, think about what your going to be doing for your working set, pull your shoulder right up towards your ears and right down and stretch.

working set - load the bar and strap yourself to it and your going to be trying to hit failure at around 4-6 reps, right down to half cheat reps with these until you cant lift the bar up at all, then get your spotter to take some weight off the bar either side and aim for another 4-6 reps, if you go higher doesn't matter keep going until total failure, then get your spotter to take more weight off the bar and rep straight away and go for all out, rep until your doing half cheat reps down to quarter cheat reps, rest the bar and let it stretch the traps out and rep again until you cant do anymore, this is your last movement, last reps and your going home so rep until your neck feels like its going to drop off, hold and stretch the bar on the last drop set and go to total positive failure.

Shoulders done, if your not totally fuked, extremely pumped and feel like you have grown 2 inches all over you didn't do it hard enough, if you do feel this well done go home and eat or shake.

Tuesday

Back -going to go with drop setting the back routine because we have already done forced and negs but I will explain further about the beyond failure methods at the end. With back its all about the mind muscle connection and not using the arms and concentrating on using the back muscles. Stretch and squeeze while using the arms as hooks and with any pulldown movement make sure your back is arched otherwise you are not contracting the back muscles and will be using the arms, feel the squeeze and think about squeezing the shoulder blades together and cracking a nut in-between them, if your back is rounded it wont contract and you have just move the weight with your arms, too much weight and you will have to round the back so get the weight right, get the movement right and stretch and squeeze each rep and feel the muscle work in the back.

Close grip pull downs palms facing each other

2 warm up sets - high reps in-between sets while resting for the min you need to be stretching those lats out, every time you finish a set stretch those lats out and pull.

working set - use a weight what you will be hitting around 4-6 reps in strict form, I mean your back contracting so your stretching those lats out at the top and squeezing them when you pull the bar to your upper chest area - once at failure drop some weight off the stack and aim for another 4 reps - you can either get someone to drop the weight for you or unstrap yourself from the bar and do it but it must be quick - once at failure drop set again and rep till you drop right down to half reps.

2nd working set - if you feel there is more do the same as above but with lighter weight.

wide grip pulldowns
    same as above

BB bent over rowing -failure + drop set

45 degree angle works for me, take stress of my lower back and also builds the biggest part of the back and adds slabs of tissue all over the upper section.

1 feel set - high reps over ten and feel the weight and get the movement right, think about what your going to be able to do on your working set for 4-6 reps.

working set - Load the bar strap yourself to it and row, aiming for 4-6 reps at failure take weight off each side and rep again until failure, then take more weight off and repeat till failure and at all times keep form and back arched to your back muscle do the work and not your biceps. Doubt you will be able to do another after that if done right.

One arm dumbbell rows or seated single arm hammer strength row- either will do

1 feel set - and start thinking about your working set and what your going to be doing

working set - aim for 4-6 reps - dropset the weight and aim for 4-6 reps and dropset again until failure

Dead lifts

straight sets - don't dropset deads, just creep the weight up but make sure you don't put the weight down on the floor after each rep, many do and its wrong, we are not powerlifting we are building so once you got a weight your going to be aiming for 6-8 reps and lower the weight to around half way down the shin bone and back up, keep tension on the lower back, from half way down the shin bone and to the floor is pointless and can damage the back, try these and watch your back explode in size, work the weight up and aim for 6-8 reps all the time.

Wednesday

Chest -failure + forced + negatives

Incline DB press

2 warm up sets - high reps and stretch in between sets for the min
    working set - use a weight aiming to hit 4-6 reps at failure - 2-3 forced reps to failure , then 2 negatives

Incline DB flyes

2 feel sets - high reps and starting think about your working set weight
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps but get your spotter to put his fingers on the inside of your wrists and make sure you are wide enough and when your at the bottom tell him he needs to put some gentle pressure on your wrists and take you down a further inch or so, yes this is going to hurt, yes this is hell but at failure do 2-3 forced reps and then 2 negatives. You should be totally zoned out now and listening to bells ringing in your ears.

Decline BB/ decline DB/ Flat hammer strength/ flat DB press - any of these will do you pick

2 feel sets - you know the score
    working set - failure then 2-3 forced reps then 2 negatives

flat flyes/ decline flyes

2 feel sets
    working set as incline flyes - say hello to pain

Thursday
    Legs - going to pre exhausted them so your knee's are fully warmed up for the assault later one

Leg extensions

2 warm up sets - high reps, stretch in between sets, 1 min rest like usually, need another warm up take it, make sure your fully ready for your working set.

working set -rest pause - use a weight were your hitting 4-6 reps at total failure stop and take 15 deep breaths and repeat rep till you reach total failure, this could be anything right now from 2 reps to 6 reps but rep till total failure and then drop the weight and take 15 deep breaths and repeat till total failure, do this until you cant do one rep after 15 breaths. Pain isn't the word here its hell.

1min rest and over the the next movement which is squats

squats - rest pause

2 warm up sets - makes ure your in a good position and your feeling the weight and know what your going to attempt to lift on your working set, all about mind set and getting ready the feel sets.

working set - rest pause - use a weight what you will be hitting 8 reps, this weight would be probably less than you normally squat because you pre exhausted your quads and also the rest pause you just gone through on extension. So we are aiming for around 6-8 reps higher rep range with squats. Squat till failure and rack, breath for 15 deep breaths and repeat squat till your at failure, doesn't matter how many, rack and 15 deep breaths and repeat till you can squat, you should be at your limit now but if not repeat till you are doing one rep at max.

At this stage you will be cursing me and thinking of going home but not yet

1 min rest and over the
    hack squat
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and 15 deep breaths and repeat, you know the score from here keep doing rest pause until your doing one rep at max

1 min rest

lying leg curls
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and use the rest pause as described

1 min rest

BB lunges
    2 light weight high reps to failure each time

Calves
    seated calves raises
    2 warm up sets - high reps - stretch in between sets
    working set - aim for 8-10 reps to failure, rest pause like the above 2/3 times till your doing one rep

Friday

Arms
    standing ez curls or BB curls
    2 warm up sets and stretch in between sets
    working set -failure +forced + negs

aim for 4-6 reps to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

Incline DB curls
    2 feel sets - high reps, 1 min rest, stretch in between sets
    working set
    aim for 4-6 reps each side to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

preacher curls/ bent over concentration curls
    working set straight away -aim for 4-6 reps + 2-3 forced and 2-3 negs

Forearm curls over knees
    2 working sets to failure high reps

Tricep

pushdowns
    2 warm up sets - 1min rest stretch and get ready for a triple drop set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure - drop set aim for 4-6 failure -drop set rep till total failure

close grip press, try and do it on a smith machine so you can rack it instantly at failure
    2 feels sets - get use to the weight and start think about what your going to be using for the working set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure, drop set and aim for 4-6 reps to failure and drop set again till failure

Seated one arm DB overhead extension

2 feel sets
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure and rest pause - 15 deep breaths and repeat to failure and rest pause till your doing only one rep

Fit your cardio in around your working week 3 x per week but not before training

Also add your abs 3 x weekly say on Mon, Wed and Fri

You can see you can use any of the methods ive mentioned to take you past failure, either rest pause, drop sets or forced and negs. You can also use mix them up like I did with arms for you on different movements. The more you work with this routine and you will get to know how your body responds with these protocols so you can mix them up to suit your body, you may well like drop setting better and your body grows with these the better than rest pause, but use them all and you will be able to design the perfect training routine to suit you to stimulate the most growth. On a personal note I prefer drop setting my biceps and rest pausing my triceps, I also prefer forced and negs on chest but like drop setting on delts....Use what works but most of all get the mental attitude and aggression needed to go in the gym for 45 mins 5 days per week to train with the intensity as describe above. Your only training the whole body once because if its done right you wont need to train it again and it will need to recover. Once per week for around 45mins, with 1 in rest in between set and learn how to go to failure and beyond and you will open a growth window..

Remember failure means failure don't leave anything in the tank for the next set or what you think you may have to do, its the current set your doing so go all out and go to failure then introduce one of the protocols to go beyond failure and recruit as many fibres as possible.
    gbrice75, AD, sawyer86 and 6 others like this.

DCI
    Printed out

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    This is a routine ive recently sent to a member
    GB <==== that member.

Thank you again big man. I am looking forward to taking my training to the next level... "and beyond"!

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    saved to memo in my phone....lol....
    very very thorough explanation and appreciate the time put in for that....
    I had one question to ask u but it was answered in ur explanation but just to make sure....
    when I was goin to "failure" it was to where I couldn't complete another full rep and was only able to do a half rep....but your saying keep going through until u cant do any more full reps then keep goin until u cant do anymore half reps then keep goin until u cant do any more quarter reps?
    thanks for the post marcus

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    GB <==== that member.

Thank you again big man. I am looking forward to taking my training to the next level... "and beyond"!
    HIT style drop sets to failure and rest pause is awesome!
    marcus300 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    GB <==== that member.

Oh, you're "that member." And it's about time...

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    HIT style drop sets to failure and rest pause is awesome!
    Quads really looking good 405!
    gbrice75 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    holy shi* Marcus!! the next time you make such a post, it might be a good idea to ask admin to broadcast it to every single member's pm. everyone needs to read it!
    gbrice75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    holy shi* Marcus!! the next time you make such a post, it might be a good idea to ask admin to broadcast it to every single member's pm. everyone needs to read it!
    Thank you AD, the workout isn't static you can swap and change, its just to show what needs to be done and an explanation of how you go about doing the workout. You can swap to different movements to suit you better and you can swap and change the beyond failure methods. It details what you have to be able to do to complete this type of workout, short intense training what will put extreme over load on your body so it has no alternative but to grow...

Glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    saved to memo in my phone....lol....
    very very thorough explanation and appreciate the time put in for that....
    I had one question to ask u but it was answered in ur explanation but just to make sure....
    when I was goin to "failure" it was to where I couldn't complete another full rep and was only able to do a half rep....but your saying keep going through until u cant do any more full reps then keep goin until u cant do anymore half reps then keep goin until u cant do any more quarter reps?
    thanks for the post marcus
    That depends on what I am training, on certain bodyparts I will go right down to cheating half reps ect to fully exhaust the muscle and on others I will just go with failure at full rep.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thank you AD, the workout isn't static you can swap and change, its just to show what needs to be done and an explanation of how you go about doing the workout. You can swap to different movements to suit you better and you can swap and change the beyond failure methods. It details what you have to be able to do to complete this type of workout, short intense training what will put extreme over load on your body so it has no alternative but to grow...

Glad you enjoyed it
    You remember my unusual 3 day spilt? Delts and rows on tue. Chest and pulldowns on thurs. Arms and legs on fri.

I have 2-3exercises per body part and i go at each exercise at almost the intensity that you described with drops and negatives. But what i do is i alternate the body part as i go along. Like i start with shoulder press. 2 warmups 2 feel or pre exhaust sets. Then one last brutally painful set. By then, my delts are so painfully pumped that i can barely move them. I then switch to tbar row and hit my back with the same intensity, while my delts rest. And after i've fried my back, my delts have regained some strength. So i go at it now with db laterals. And so on.

If i do one body part with 2-3exercises straight, i think the weights that i can lift may be too low for effective training.

Is my way acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    You remember my unusual 3 day spilt? Delts and rows on tue. Chest and pulldowns on thurs. Arms and legs on fri.

I have 2-3exercises per body part and i go at each exercise at almost the intensity that you described with drops and negatives. But what i do is i alternate the body part as i go along. Like i start with shoulder press. 2 warmups 2 feel or pre exhaust sets. Then one last brutally painful set. By then, my delts are so painfully pumped that i can barely move them. I then switch to tbar row and hit my back with the same intensity, while my delts rest. And after i've fried my back, my delts have regained some strength. So i go at it now with db laterals. And so on.

If i do one body part with 2-3exercises straight, i think the weights that i can lift may be too low for effective training.

Is my way acceptable?
    What ever your doing is working that's obvious, well done

On a personal note I wouldn't ever stop training delts half way through and train back then go back to shoulders once they have recovered. The whole idea is to keep the pump and over load on that part of the body so it recruits all the fibres and stimulates that area. When you stop training delts and go to back to give the delts a rest that's the most critical time. That's why you only have 1min rest so long as the intensity is there and the weight is heavy enough going beyond failure will give you the push what's needed to go in growth. It seems to be working with you and I would tell you to carry on doing what your doing until gains stop then start thinking of adjusting it

GB <==== that member.

You have everything you need to take you to the next level, just get the mental focus and attitude and go to war with your self.I know you can do it just learn going to failure and I mean failure then start going beyond into the pain zone. If I could come over for a week I would train mate, best of luck
    gbrice75 likes this.

DCI
    Well I'mstill sore from Thursday, detailed acar today was sore walking around
    marcus300 likes this.

Strength down due to fever last week but the lbs are coming back on, hopefully should be somewhere near I was by the end of next week....

Did back today and went heavy, lower back held up well and got some decent rows out

DCI
    Great to hear you are on the mend and the back held out well for you man. Legs are recovering today nicely just chilling for the day and fitting a full sq stereo to the car good way to take your mind off the pain of the legs lol
    marcus300 likes this.

Fllifter is offline Associate Member
    Marcus I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post up that work out routine, I've been following this thread closely from the beginning. I just finished doing delts and I can barley lift my arms. This is a whole different style of training then I was previously doing and I'm loving the results!! I was sadly caught up in the whole you don't wanna over train scene.. but now I've seen the light!! Again thank you for your time and knowledge you put into this.
    marcus300 likes this.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Marcus. Your diary is now my favorite thread on this site.
    marcus300 likes this.

Great to hear you are on the mend and the back held out well for you man. Legs are recovering today nicely just chilling for the day and fitting a full sq stereo to the car good way to take your mind off the pain of the legs lol
    Yes things are getting better, another week and I should be back to normal, hopefully lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fllifter View Post
    Marcus I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post up that work out routine, I've been following this thread closely from the beginning. I just finished doing delts and I can barley lift my arms. This is a whole different style of training then I was previously doing and I'm loving the results!! I was sadly caught up in the whole you don't wanna over train scene.. but now I've seen the light!! Again thank you for your time and knowledge you put into this.
    Thank you very much, I didn't think that many members were following so thank you for your comments. The training routine I posted isn't a static thing you can interchange things all around and use any of the beyond failure methods on any exercise. If you look closely your only in the gym for a short period of time but its very intense and productive, one body part per week but trained to the max to failure and beyond. That's how I go about things and I would say give it a try and se how things work out. From the sounds of it your doing great and you will start a whole new growth phase, well done

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Thanks Marcus. Your diary is now my favorite thread on this site.
    Thanks Tigerspawn, much appreciated

Shoulders this morning

smith machine front press
    2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set to failure 6 reps, rest pause - 4 reps to failure - rest pause 2 reps

machine side delts
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure - rest pause 3 x

BB shrugs
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure + rest pause 3 x

rear delts - machine
    2 feel sets
    working set failure + rest pause 3 x

abs

Home

Thread Information