Page 191 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 911411811861871881891901911921931941951962012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,640 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

thunderthor70 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

That's very cool

My sister was that way. She let herself go and she was chubby through high school. Now she's competing
    So many women are afraid to lift weights. My wife gets women asking what to do to look like her . When she tells them it's always the same comment " I don't want to get to big" . Like it's so easy it happens by accident!
    VoRTeXO77 likes this.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Marcus, What type of cardio do prefer for fat loss? HIIT or steady state?

I've been doing HIIT and was wondering if there was a better way, a way that minimizes lbm loss.

I do it post workout and usually only go for about 10-12 min. I'll run full out for about a minute - minute and a half, then walk at a quick pace until my HR drops to low 130's, then run again. After the running portion my HR goes up to high 150's low 160's.

Thanks

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Delts n traps in 5 min. Got my preworkout a drinks in :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-image-785516988.jpg  
    Java Man likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Marcus, What type of cardio do prefer for fat loss? HIIT or steady state?

I've been doing HIIT and was wondering if there was a better way, a way that minimizes lbm loss.

I do it post workout and usually only go for about 10-12 min. I'll run full out for about a minute - minute and a half, then walk at a quick pace until my HR drops to low 130's, then run again. After the running portion my HR goes up to high 150's low 160's.

Thanks
    I'll reply to you when I'm not on my phone

Giggle is offline Female Member
    OOOH, can I??
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    No you can't spot me doing squats

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle
    OOOH, can I??
    I think he would be more open to that

Hi guys - it was a perfect leg day and I just had to share...
    (FYI - I've been starting every workout with a powerlifting move, and then switching it up to a bodybuilding focus)

I finally got to a max squat of 225! Then back to 195 for 3 sets of 3.
    Leg extensions - two wu sets, then 2 all-out sets with drops and partials at the end.
    Leg press - top set was to failure at 10, then rp for a couple, then finished with bottom partials.
    Reverse V squats - two sets to failure
    Lying curls - 2 top sets, first was with partials and the second one was a triple drop
    Standing stiff deads - 3 sets with hard squeeze at the top

It was one of those days you feel like you could go on, but you know you've done a good job. Legs shaky.
    I took some of the sets to that place where you can't hear the crappy gym-music anymore!!
    Thanks for all your encouragement gentlemen.
    BG, Rusty11, Java Man and 2 others like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
    (FYI - I've been starting every workout with a powerlifting move, and then switching it up to a bodybuilding focus)

Leg extensions - two wu sets, then 2 all-out sets with drops and partials at the end.
    Leg press - top set was to failure at 10, then rp for a couple, then finished with bottom partials.
    Lying curls - 2 top sets, first was with partials and the second one was a triple drop

It was one of those days you feel like you could go on, but you know you've done a good job. Legs shaky.
    I took some of the sets to that place where you can't hear the crappy gym-music anymore!!
    Giggle likes this.

Blog Entries
    Hi guys - it was a perfect leg day and I just had to share... (FYI - I've been starting every workout with a powerlifting move, and then switching it up to a bodybuilding focus) I finally got to a max squat of 225! Then back to 195 for 3 sets of 3. Leg extensions - two wu sets, then 2 all-out sets with drops and partials at the end. Leg press - top set was to failure at 10, then rp for a couple, then finished with bottom partials. Reverse V squats - two sets to failure Lying curls - 2 top sets, first was with partials and the second one was a triple drop Standing stiff deads - 3 sets with hard squeeze at the top It was one of those days you feel like you could go on, but you know you've done a good job. Legs shaky. I took some of the sets to that place where you can't hear the crappy gym-music anymore!! Thanks for all your encouragement gentlemen.
    Woo-hoo.. Go Giggle!! 225 hell yeah!! Sounds intense

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Wow thats awesome..

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    of course bro I love the thread but never felt I had anything to contribute...I actually do more reading than posting most days...
    Of course you do. I've been training with weights for over 20 years but I've learned more in the past year from this forum than you can imagine. I don't generally talk to anyone in the gym and I don't get many opportunities to discuss it with anyone outside the gym. Here, all we talk about is lifting and things having to with this lifestyle.

Seeing what other people are doing, what works for them and the ideas I get for incorporating some of that into my own goals is priceless. These are real people with no agenda to fill other than helping others and themselves through sharing knowledge and experience. I don't get that from commercial enterprises. They're always selling something so I question the motive. Here, I don't need to do that.

Your experiences and knowledge are just as valuable as anyone elses. I for one am interested. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Last edited by Java Man; 11-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Rusty11 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Of course you do. I've been training with weights for over 20 years but I've learned more in the past year from this forum than you can imagine. I don't generally talk to anyone in the gym and I don't get many opportunities to discuss it with anyone outside the gym. Here, all we talk about is lifting and things having to with this lifestyle.

Seeing what other people are doing, what works for them and the ideas I get for incorporating some of that into my own goals is priceless. These are real people with no agenda to fill other than helping others and themselves through sharing knowledge and experience. I don't get that from commercial enterprises. They're always selling something so I question the motive. Here, I don't need to do that.

Your experiences and knowledge are just as valuable as anyone elses. I for one am interested. I'm sure I'm not alone.
    thanks buddy much appreciated...

Ahhhh I fvcked up my rotator :-(

I warmed up and felt great too.

Smith press

185 feel set x 12
    225 feel set x 10
    275 working 6 rp 2 more

My fvcking rotator stung on that last set. I felt so strong and finished my set but my cuff still hurts. Gunna hafta rest it next week

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Thanks boys! That squat felt real fast, and I'm going up next week.

Great workout! That's a pretty damn good weight!

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Shoulders today before work

Hammer strength press
    250x6 drop x 3

Smith press
    185x4 dropx2

Lateral raise
    40x5 rpx1 drop x 2

Front raise
    35x4 rpx2 drop x 2

That was 30 mins...didnt have time for shrugs. Took a few pics but was all jacked up...hands were shaking too much. These are the only two that are remotely visable lol.

Attachment 146274

Attachment 146275

Looking good sfla. full caps on the delts. Was that pumped from the session you just did? I always have to look twice at that name. It always looks like stfu at first glance

Your workout for shoulders is very close to what I did last night except I did a set explicitly focused on rear delts and my gym doesn't have a hammer strength vertical press so I didn't do that. They hurt today. Just lifting my arms is difficult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Sounds like fun. I get up to pee as well, might as well start doing this too.
    Hahaha I get up to feed, so I might as well pee while I'm up!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Ahhhh I fvcked up my rotator :-( I warmed up and felt great too. Smith press 185 feel set x 12 225 feel set x 10 275 working 6 rp 2 more My fvcking rotator stung on that last set. I felt so strong and finished my set but my cuff still hurts. Gunna hafta rest it next week
    Damn man be easy on it so you don't miss a beat. Ice and heat, ibuprofen. Read this.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rot...-home-remedies

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Looking good sfla. full caps on the delts. Was that pumped from the session you just did? I always have to look twice at that name. It always looks like stfu at first glance

Your workout for shoulders is very close to what I did last night except I did a set explicitly focused on rear delts and my gym doesn't have a hammer strength vertical press so I didn't do that. They hurt today. Just lifting my arms is difficult lol.
    Thanks java....yeah its a pumped pic. And the hammer strength machine is at a incline...so not 90 degrees. Ill try to find a pic and post this machine up after work.
    Java Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

Damn man be easy on it so you don't miss a beat. Ice and heat, ibuprofen. Read this.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rot...-home-remedies
    Yea I just felt great and had NO pain..... Sucks. I'm icing it today and already on the Advil :-)

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985 View Post
    Damn impressive pics being posted up. Everyone looks really full. I'm counting the days myself untill I can go hardcore again on cycle. Deloading at the moment and pct week four. I've only trained twice this week so far so I'm due for sat and sunday.
    Time constraints or are you in the post cycle pct funk?

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Looking good. Your gym is much nicer than mine. Is that carpet?
    Lmfao! I didn't notice that. My gym has concrete floors, like a garage... It's actually in a commercial docking warehouse unit, complete with external roll up doors. . It technically IS a garage

Those lockers in the background look like wood paneling at first glance, too. Off camera, there is a concierge with towels and pwo drinks offering complimentary deep tissue massage. There are solid marble ornate pillars in the main hall stretching 24 feet to the colonnade where the frescoed dome completes the structure.

yeah, I'm bored

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Haha. I hear that!

There's this 5' smokin hot girl that works out in our free weight area. Skin tight everything, all done up, and has a perfect body. She grunts/moans regularly and you would swear she's having sex. When she starts half the guys pull out their headphones. Lol
    Hmmmm. sounds like she's shopping if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderthor70 View Post
    I love a muscular woman! Not juiced up, just the natural muscle. At 43 she's got a tighter body than my high-school girlfriend did. I tell her this all the time
    She was a fat kid until her early teens. Got teased a lot. They called her sisters and her the 3 little pigs. She loves seeing people from high-school now!
    Haha I love that. Payback is a bitch.

Don't take this the wrong way but you, my lady, are a beast.

Thanks Hazard!
    I hope you feel better real soon,
    Great workout! That's a pretty damn good weight!

Java! You made my day.
    My daughter has been calling me Mama Rhino for a while now haha.
    Don't take this the wrong way but you, my lady, are a beast.

Ahhhh I fvcked up my rotator :-(

I warmed up and felt great too.

Smith press

185 feel set x 12
    225 feel set x 10
    275 working 6 rp 2 more

My fvcking rotator stung on that last set. I felt so strong and finished my set but my cuff still hurts. Gunna hafta rest it next week
    Oh man that sucks haz. No fun. Take care of that. I did not realize how much the shoulders are involved in everything I do until I started having issues with rotators. The entire upper body is nearly useless without them.

Java! You made my day.
    My daughter has been calling me Mama Rhino for a while now haha.
    Lol. I wouldn't get away with that I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man

Oh man that sucks haz. No fun. Take care of that. I did not realize how much the shoulders are involved in everything I do until I started having issues with rotators. The entire upper body is nearly useless without them.
    Yup! I did shrugs with 315 and it hurt the shoulder.

My gf is a certified physical therapist assistant, medical assistant, and worked at a chiropractors office for 4 years. She's rehabbing me with massages and ice :-)

- Knockout_Power

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!

Miss Giggle. I was going to post my leg workout today including the weights I used. After reading your post I am embarrased to.

Great job!!
    Giggle likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Miss Giggle. I was going to post my leg workout today including the weights I used. After reading your post I am embarrased to. Great job!!
    Lol... Post it up bike!

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Lol... Post it up bike!
    OK I can use the old man card when I have to...............

First HIT Leg workout

Seated leg extensions
    265x7, 245x3,225x3,210x3

Standing plate loaded leg curl
    190x6, 165x3,140x3,115x3

Squats
    285x6, 235x4, 185x4----puke not really but wiped

V-squat
    720x5, 630x4, 540x4

Seated Plate loaded calf raise
    225x7, 180x6, 135x6, 90x6

I will feel the pain for sure.

Yup! I did shrugs with 315 and it hurt the shoulder.

My gf is a certified physical therapist assistant, medical assistant, and worked at a chiropractors office for 4 years. She's rehabbing me with massages and ice :-)
    You probably get hurt a lot I'm guessing then...
    VoRTeXO77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man

You probably get hurt a lot I'm guessing then...
    Lmao! Tried to fake it to get a massage..... She's stingy. She knows when I'm lying haha
    VoRTeXO77 likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Nice one Al - you're pretty strong all right! Tough, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post

First HIT Leg workout

Seated leg extensions
    265x7, 245x3,225x3,210x3

190x6, 165x3,140x3,115x3

Squats

V-squat
    720x5, 630x4, 540x4

bikeral likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    OK I can use the old man card when I have to............... First HIT Leg workout Seated leg extensions 265x7, 245x3,225x3,210x3 Standing plate loaded leg curl 190x6, 165x3,140x3,115x3 Squats 285x6, 235x4, 185x4----puke not really but wiped V-squat 720x5, 630x4, 540x4 Seated Plate loaded calf raise 225x7, 180x6, 135x6, 90x6 I will feel the pain for sure.
    Nice biker. No doubt you'll be feeling it. See of you can go bak a few pages and read a excerpt from Marcus's post on rep range, I posted it the other day for someone.

With respect to each movement, including your drop sets or four straps, you'll want to keep the rep range at a maximum of 12. So essentially, moving forward, you can increase the weight even more, and do less reps, while stimulating more growth and recruiting new muscle.

Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll send it to you, I'm on my phone right now or else I would have.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Well I'll huff and I'll puff
    Filthy staff member!

Reported!
    marcus300 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post

First HIT Leg workout

Seated leg extensions
    265x7, 245x3,225x3,210x3

190x6, 165x3,140x3,115x3

Squats

V-squat
    720x5, 630x4, 540x4

No, you can't.
    bikeral likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Lmao! Tried to fake it to get a massage..... She's stingy. She knows when I'm lying haha
    Lol. Damn. Sounds like she's no dummy, either. Hang on to that one.

Thread Information