Page 451 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3514014414464474484494504514524534544554564615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,040 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

  1. #18001
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Lmfao true.... She's about 8 weeks right now. Her mood is changing rapidly O_o

    Congrats Haz!!!!

  2. #18002
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    Cardio day today, did 30 min on the treadmill, stretching and some ab work. Also did some biceps isolation with a few sets of heavyish barbell curls.

    Went to my specialist appointment, pretty much a waste of time since my doc didn't send the ultrasound results. I waited 3 months for this and these incompetent fuks couldn't even send over the info so this doc could diagnose me. He gave me some antibiotics for my sinus infection and ordered a CAT scan. He checked things out and didn't see anything glaring, but he will need to see the test results to know more. Our Canadian health care system is a joke, I miss the American system when I was in Cali, shit like this never happened.
    Java Man likes this.

  3. #18003
    DCI's Avatar
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,656
    Back last night was a very good night of training.

    Was a great session heavy and fast back was full of blood feel sore now.

    Rest day today.
    almostgone, BG, Sfla80 and 1 others like this.

  4. #18004
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    shoulders today

    Warm up with RC and behind the head smith press

    Smith press 2 warms 1 feel, 2 working RP, 1 drop

    Super set side lats and front raises 2 working and did a drop on each....but the front raise drops I could barely even grab 2.5 reps out of

    Super set BB shurgs and up right rows. 2 working no dops
    DCI, clarky. and almostgone like this.

  5. #18005
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Back is wrecked today, but not in a bad way.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  6. #18006
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Back is wrecked today, but not in a bad way.
    you did a good job! My legs are wrecked but as you know.... I like it
    almostgone, marcus300 and clarky. like this.

  7. #18007
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Got the legs done

    Leg presses each set to failure and a drop set

    leg extensions

    leg curls

    wall sits super set calf raises

    40 minutes cardio and done.... Doing the hit training took me to the edge of feeling sick. I havent felt that way in a long time but in a sick way i liked it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    My shoulders get a lot of work on chest day so on shoulder day my focus is lateral raises to failure with drop sets. It really gets them pissed at me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    i am trying brother but really I am liking the training. Marcus said you guys would change me. I guess you guys have
    This is what I like to read lol someone new venturing inside the a new world of training and slowly starts practising HIT principles and suddenly start feeling different and seeing results, soon you will start seeing a huge difference.

    Have you ever looked at a guy who has been training HIT for a few years, they look different and have a very dense thick set appearance to their muscle. Its not like anything ive seen with any other training. It produces thick, dense, hard and very big muscle bellies like no other training can do. Its also very addictive

  8. #18008
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Have you ever looked at a guy who has been training HIT for a few years, they look different and have a very dense thick set appearance to their muscle. Its not like anything ive seen with any other training. It produces thick, dense, hard and very big muscle bellies like no other training can do. Its also very addictive
    Truth.
    almostgone and AllKindsOGains like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #18009
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    This is what I like to read lol someone new venturing inside the a new world of training and slowly starts practising HIT principles and suddenly start feeling different and seeing results, soon you will start seeing a huge difference. Have you ever looked at a guy who has been training HIT for a few years, they look different and have a very dense thick set appearance to their muscle. Its not like anything ive seen with any other training. It produces thick, dense, hard and very big muscle bellies like no other training can do. Its also very addictive
    yes it is. Something about going to complete failure and then forcing to go past..... I look forward to it. I think this was the spark I needed to get focused again

  10. #18010
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    yes it is. Something about going to complete failure and then forcing to go past..... I look forward to it. I think this was the spark I needed to get focused again
    And the better you get at this Bio the less volume of work you'll do. You just realize it's impossible to effectively do more once you learn to hit true failure. Most people really can't do it.
    Last edited by kelkel; 02-12-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #18011
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    And the better you get at this Bio the less volume of less work you'll do. You just realize it's impossible to effectively do more once you learn to hit true failure. Most people really can't do it.
    oh I am getting there and love the reduction in the volume. The intensity is more yeah but like I said before I like going beyond the edge

  12. #18012
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    And the better you get at this Bio the less volume of less work you'll do. You just realize it's impossible to effectively do more once you learn to hit true failure. Most people really can't do it.
    Very true big guy, many give up because they just cant do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    oh I am getting there and love the reduction in the volume. The intensity is more yeah but like I said before I like going beyond the edge
    I told you didn't I? cant believe its happening so quick though lol

    Going to failure is a learning curve for mentally and physically, its extremely tasking on your body and mind but once you get that failure feeling its the best drug in the world. Going beyond failure using the advance HIT protocols is a different level again. For me at failure my mind is screaming for me to stop but something happens what spurs me on to go deeper, the feeling of true beyond failure feels like a out of body experience. The blood the fullness and the thought of going to your absolute limit is very satisfying. Once you took your muscle to this kind of limit there's no need to do anymore, the jobs been done

    You've been converted lol high volume to HIT... LOVE IT
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

  13. #18013
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Very true big guy, many give up because they just cant do it. I told you didn't I? cant believe its happening so quick though lol Going to failure is a learning curve for mentally and physically, its extremely tasking on your body and mind but once you get that failure feeling its the best drug in the world. Going beyond failure using the advance HIT protocols is a different level again. For me at failure my mind is screaming for me to stop but something happens what spurs me on to go deeper, the feeling of true beyond failure feels like a out of body experience. The blood the fullness and the thought of going to your absolute limit is very satisfying. Once you took your muscle to this kind of limit there's no need to do anymore, the jobs been done You've been converted lol high volume to HIT... LOVE IT
    thanks for nudging me in the right direction and yeah I agree once you have gone to true failure there is no need to do more. The feeling is euphoric

  14. #18014
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    “Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer

    “one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size – with no number of lesser sets having the same effect” – Mike Mentzer
    almostgone, DCI, clarky. and 2 others like this.

  15. #18015
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    543
    Going in to hit legs like a machine! If you haven't heard the song like a machine by thousand foot krutch, you need to.

  16. #18016
    Dpyle's Avatar
    Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains
    Going in to hit legs like a machine! If you haven't heard the song like a machine by thousand foot krutch, you need to.
    Not a bad song, but I prefer old New York hardcore an OI! In the gym

    Chest and tri's tonight. Pretty simple and forward

    DB flat bench: 2 warmups, 1 feel, 1 working w 2 RP

    Flat DB fly: 1 feel, 1 working w RP

    DB incline: 1 feel, 1 working w RP

    Incline fly: 1 working w RP

    Decline cable press/ fly super set: 2 working

    Machine dips: 2 sets to positive failure + every inch of partials I could get

    Lying DB extensions: 1 feel, 1 working w RP

    Cable push downs: 1 feel, 1 working w double drop

    Everything is numb for now, but it's gonna hurt like hell tomorrow!
    almostgone, clarky. and Java Man like this.

  17. #18017
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,658
    Back for me the day so i will report back later guys.
    almostgone likes this.

  18. #18018
    Dpyle's Avatar
    Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Back for me the day so i will report back later guys.
    Kill it brother! I know you will, we have a special breed living in this thread.
    clarky., almostgone and Java Man like this.

  19. #18019
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Kill it brother! I know you will, we have a special breed living in this thread.
    We sure are mate we sure are you have been posting some nice sessions DP. We have some new recruits bio and akog as well
    almostgone likes this.

  20. #18020
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    Legs today, not feeling myself past week or so, must be the infection. The antibiotics are working, sinuses are clearing up some, just feel week and flat.

    Extensions: 2 feel, 2 working 1 drop.

    Squat: 2 feel, 1 working, 1 heavy just to get my back used toi the next level with no belt (404 for the 1st time ever with no belt or wraps)

    Press: 3 feel, 1 working (went up to 1080 and damn it felt heavy but got 8 decent reps)

    Lying curl: 4 working.

    Stand calf: 4 working (toes out)

    Seated calf: 4 working ( toes in)

    Think I am going to give blood today, I feel sluggish and I am probably due to give by now, in week 9 of my cycle. The medication is working but I just feel blah, should bounce back soon, plus I stopped the t3 a couple days ago so that could also be a factor. Past few days have been a struggle to hit all my meals, hard to do when you feel like shite and have no appetite, but I am trying and getting close. Shoulders tomorrow, if the lungs are up to it I will go back to the short rests, if not I will try and pound out some heavy weight, either way it should be a good one.
    clarky., ghettoboyd and Java Man like this.

  21. #18021
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,658
    Ok just did back stretching and wg pd for a warm up.

    Wg pd 1 working DD

    Cg pd 1 working DD

    Straight arm pd 1 working +RP 1 drop

    Rev grip bb rows 1 working DD

    Behind tge bac bb shrugs 3 heavy sets high rep

    Db shrugs 2 heavy sets med rep

    Great session guys looooooove back day going to the gym i had no nrg just felt shit not in a no well way just no get up and go but i was thinking of you guys and put the tunes on and there you go bang ha ha.

    First time doing rev grip on the bb row it was very good really did feel a difference i felt it higher up on the lats and in the back i did a normal grip and it was lower the burn so it really does hit it different just like the wg pd thank you AG fir that.

    Gave it my all as always guys and my back and lats are popping just going to eat now oh and new weight on wg pd and bb rows.

  22. #18022
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,658
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Legs today, not feeling myself past week or so, must be the infection. The antibiotics are working, sinuses are clearing up some, just feel week and flat.

    Extensions: 2 feel, 2 working 1 drop.

    Squat: 2 feel, 1 working, 1 heavy just to get my back used toi the next level with no belt (404 for the 1st time ever with no belt or wraps)

    Press: 3 feel, 1 working (went up to 1080 and damn it felt heavy but got 8 decent reps)

    Lying curl: 4 working.

    Stand calf: 4 working (toes out)

    Seated calf: 4 working ( toes in)

    Think I am going to give blood today, I feel sluggish and I am probably due to give by now, in week 9 of my cycle. The medication is working but I just feel blah, should bounce back soon, plus I stopped the t3 a couple days ago so that could also be a factor. Past few days have been a struggle to hit all my meals, hard to do when you feel like shite and have no appetite, but I am trying and getting close. Shoulders tomorrow, if the lungs are up to it I will go back to the short rests, if not I will try and pound out some heavy weight, either way it should be a good one.
    Could very well be the t3 zempy making you feel sluggish.

  23. #18023
    Wintermaul's Avatar
    Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Have you ever looked at a guy who has been training HIT for a few years, they look different and have a very dense thick set appearance to their muscle. Its not like anything ive seen with any other training. It produces thick, dense, hard and very big muscle bellies like no other training can do. Its also very addictive
    Why is this so? Is it because HIT activates the type II muscles fibers you talk about? They appear more dense and thick?
    Last edited by Wintermaul; 02-12-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Wrong quote

  24. #18024
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    Clarky, when you do reverse grip BB rows, is it under hand or over hand? I prefer under hand myself, I can really smash the lower middle lats. It does take a bit of time to really feel the contraction and how to recruit that center lower lat muscle, but once you get it, nothing compares. I am slowly working my way back up in weight, it takes time to get the hips and low back sturdy enough to pull past 4 plates a side. My squat and bar curls went through the roof once my bent BB rows got heavy and controlled. Stay with them, you will see other lifts improve dramatically the longer and heavier you go.
    clarky. likes this.

  25. #18025
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,658
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Clarky, when you do reverse grip BB rows, is it under hand or over hand? I prefer under hand myself, I can really smash the lower middle lats. It does take a bit of time to really feel the contraction and how to recruit that center lower lat muscle, but once you get it, nothing compares. I am slowly working my way back up in weight, it takes time to get the hips and low back sturdy enough to pull past 4 plates a side. My squat and bar curls went through the roof once my bent BB rows got heavy and controlled. Stay with them, you will see other lifts improve dramatically the longer and heavier you go.
    I always did over hand zempy on bb rows and the same with wg pd i had a chat with AG and he suggested under hand so i tried it and it was good so i now do it with bb rows well this is the first time with bb rows so now i do over hand one wk then under hand the next.
    almostgone likes this.

  26. #18026
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ok just did back stretching and wg pd for a warm up.

    Wg pd 1 working DD

    Cg pd 1 working DD

    Straight arm pd 1 working +RP 1 drop

    Rev grip bb rows 1 working DD

    Behind tge bac bb shrugs 3 heavy sets high rep

    Db shrugs 2 heavy sets med rep

    Great session guys looooooove back day going to the gym i had no nrg just felt shit not in a no well way just no get up and go but i was thinking of you guys and put the tunes on and there you go bang ha ha.

    First time doing rev grip on the bb row it was very good really did feel a difference i felt it higher up on the lats and in the back i did a normal grip and it was lower the burn so it really does hit it different just like the wg pd thank you AG fir that.

    Gave it my all as always guys and my back and lats are popping just going to eat now oh and new weight on wg pd and bb rows.
    Just glad I could contribute something to the thread that helps someone, because all of you in this thread have helped me and provided me with so much motivation and support.
    clarky. and Java Man like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  27. #18027
    zempey's Avatar
    zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontaio, Canada
    Posts
    2,055
    I had to stop the over hand with my elbow injury, it hurt like a SOB, I still do over hand on pull downs though, but I really am liking the neutral grip lately.

  28. #18028
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermaul View Post
    Why is this so? Is it because HIT activates the type II muscles fibers you talk about? They appear more dense and thick?
    The recruitment of more muscle fibers and also the type 2 b fibers which are the ones what build the thickest and biggest, these only come into play once you have recruitment all other fibers and your at positive failure. The longer rest periods what fully repair and recover the damaged muscle. The amount of intensity you put into a working set and the overall approach of building and repairing. There are studies what ive seen which I am sure are on Mike Mentzer site ( I will post them if you would like to see?) which show the combination of intensity, muscle failure training, short duration and long rest periods will equal in bigger thicker muscles than any other training style.

    encouraged to train to momentary muscular failure, as this appears to maximize muscle fibre recruitment and leads to greater improvements
    Java Man and almostgone like this.

  29. #18029
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just glad I could contribute something to the thread that helps someone, because all of you in this thread have helped me and provided me with so much motivation and support.
    You have been very motivating in this thread AG, your work commitment and dedication is second to none and that's why your getting results. Everyone in this thread serves a purpose and helps give others the drive to really take on HIT style training. As we all know its more than just a training style its a whole different way of thinking and approach which is very tasking on us mentally.

    We have many viewers on this thread who read without posting because they read the results, they see each of us grow and they start slowly understanding the science behind it and the logic. Like ive said many times its not for everyone because many cant take themselves to the area of true positive failure or know what intensity really is but for the guys who stick with it and learn the true style of HIT will see huge improvements as they start learning about their bodies and also opening up the mental mind set which is key to this training

  30. #18030
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,921
    Taking 3 days off to fully recover,
    the foam rolling is giving me some pain for 2 days after, nice pain though!
    RC not to bad and I only seem to feel it the next day after shoulders which is an improvement,
    weight is now 255lbs, coming down slowly, which is what I like.
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

  31. #18031
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    The recruitment of more muscle fibers and also the type 2 b fibers which are the ones what build the thickest and biggest, these only come into play once you have recruitment all other fibers and your at positive failure. The longer rest periods what fully repair and recover the damaged muscle. The amount of intensity you put into a working set and the overall approach of building and repairing. There are studies what ive seen which I am sure are on Mike Mentzer site ( I will post them if you would like to see?) which show the combination of intensity, muscle failure training, short duration and long rest periods will equal in bigger thicker muscles than any other training style.

    encouraged to train to momentary muscular failure, as this appears to maximize muscle fibre recruitment and leads to greater improvements
    I've been studying your posts on HIT and have been incorporating it over the last 8 weeks. While it's been hard basically unlearning years of what now seems to have been total over training on my part, I'm now seeing the benefits. What's been working best is 2 feeler sets with not more than 2 working sets ending in the 5 to 7 rep range (sometimes less). Definitely getting stronger with arms, back & chest feeling much fuller over the past 4 weeks. Currently @ 268 though (down from 274) trying to cut weight gained from ankle surgery. The extra mass is def slowing the process down a bit.

    Above & other times you've mentioned rest periods with HIT. Are you referring to between sets or actual down-time (as in days off)? I typically rest only 30-45 seconds between sets and take off 2 days per week from all weight training. Please elaborate on this & thanks...
    Java Man and marcus300 like this.

  32. #18032
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,058
    Blog Entries
    3
    im forced to take the last 2 days off due to work and I might even take tomorrow off but I doubt it because it actually causes me stress when I cant train, its what I live for...its a fix I must have to feel right, I find I get depressed quick when i cant train and it kills me inside...I know it would be good for me but im shure you all know what im saying its hard not too go if its possible to do so....glad to read everyone kicking ass as usual...carry on my friends...
    almostgone, marcus300 and clarky. like this.

  33. #18033
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Cardio day today, did 30 min on the treadmill, stretching and some ab work. Also did some biceps isolation with a few sets of heavyish barbell curls.

    Went to my specialist appointment, pretty much a waste of time since my doc didn't send the ultrasound results. I waited 3 months for this and these incompetent fuks couldn't even send over the info so this doc could diagnose me. He gave me some antibiotics for my sinus infection and ordered a CAT scan. He checked things out and didn't see anything glaring, but he will need to see the test results to know more. Our Canadian health care system is a joke, I miss the American system when I was in Cali, shit like this never happened.
    Give it a few years. Obamacare will have the us in the same situation soon. It's already affecting many. Doctors are starting to offer 'concierge' service, in other words if you pay a monthly 'membership' fee you get better service and don't have to wait in line with the working class who already pay high premiums and can't afford to pay even more every month to get the same care they used to get without paying bribes.

  34. #18034
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    thanks for nudging me in the right direction and yeah I agree once you have gone to true failure there is no need to do more. The feeling is euphoric
    If you've truly gone to total failure, you CAN'T do more. That's the point and it Friggin hurts but like last night I did chest and triceps. By the time I left the gym I could barely extend my arms fully. I looked like a crab! The triceps just weren't working anymore hehehe. Loving it!
    almostgone, marcus300 and clarky. like this.

  35. #18035
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    And the better you get at this Bio the less volume of work you'll do. You just realize it's impossible to effectively do more once you learn to hit true failure. Most people really can't do it.
    I'm training my daughter while her husband is deployed in Afghanistan so she's here for 7 months. She was doing some bs high rep, high volume 'because that's how you get toned' magazine routine. I told her to try working out with me, doing exactly what I tell her to do, no arguments. She will stop doing reps when it just barely starts to show fatigue. I don't allow it. I do the military cadence '3 more, I know you have it in there, don't stop at pain, stop when your muscles fail'. She's tough. She's doing it. She was closing her eyes and had little years running down finishing those last reps past the pain zone. I told her I'm teaching her the meaning of true muscle fatigue and that most people think they know it but few do. She's all over it. Loves this style and she's seeing daddy knows his shit

    The coolest thing was how amazed she was that though she thought she had no more in her, sheer force of mental will application proved she had 3 more in her. Young padowan, much to learn she has but is attacking it like a true warrior.
    Last edited by Java Man; 02-12-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

  36. #18036
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Going to hit chest now. My son is my training partner Will let you know later but planning to tear it up
    marcus300, clarky. and Java Man like this.

  37. #18037
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Going to hit chest now. My son is my training partner Will let you know later but planning to tear it up
    Same thing on m side of the country, Bio. Working on a shake w/ coffee now!
    clarky. and Java Man like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  38. #18038
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You have been very motivating in this thread AG, your work commitment and dedication is second to none and that's why your getting results. Everyone in this thread serves a purpose and helps give others the drive to really take on HIT style training. As we all know its more than just a training style its a whole different way of thinking and approach which is very tasking on us mentally.

    We have many viewers on this thread who read without posting because they read the results, they see each of us grow and they start slowly understanding the science behind it and the logic. Like ive said many times its not for everyone because many cant take themselves to the area of true positive failure or know what intensity really is but for the guys who stick with it and learn the true style of HIT will see huge improvements as they start learning about their bodies and also opening up the mental mind set which is key to this training
    Dang, thanks for the kind words, big guy! I honestly am very proud to be a part of this thread and you just motivated me to push even myself even more.
    It's 33F outside, probably about the same in the shop, but I'll get some sweat going.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  39. #18039
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,115
    Well legs today went great. Pushed some heavy weight on squats and it felt good.

    Extensions: Two heavy, 15 reps or so
    Verticals: Two as heavy as I could go and still rack it. 10-12 reps.
    Squats: One balls out heavy followed by a drop set
    Seated curls: Two heavy, 12 reps or so
    Calves: Standing for two heavy, 10-12 reps
    Seated: Two heavy 12-15 reps.

    Great workout and I'll be paying for it later. I've skipped calves the past few workouts due to feeling like shiat. Made up for it tonight. Took a pic as they were pumped big time:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calves 02122015.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	155340
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  40. #18040
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,678
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Same thing on m side of the country, Bio. Working on a shake w/ coffee now!
    fly's heavy

    Wide grip hammer presses

    Peck deck super setting incline presses

    Every set to failure with forced repsx2

    40 minutes cardio and done. Hit some deep tissue tonight
    clarky., Java Man and almostgone like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 917 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 917 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •