Page 524 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 2442447451451952052152252352452552652752852953457462410241524 ... LastLast
Results 20,921 to 20,960 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Absolutely amazing what 9+ hours of good sleep will do. Feel completely refreshed. Going to hang out with the wife and beasts and grab a back session after while.
    clarky., NACH3 and DCI like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Absolutely amazing what 9+ hours of good sleep will do. Feel completely refreshed. Going to hang out with the wife and beasts and grab a back session after while.
    Great stuff AG have a nice day mate then smash it
    almostgone likes this.

Feel better the day so i will get a session in later on the day av got a few thing to do the day i'll report bach later guys.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    .... have a nice day mate then smash it
    Same to you, Clarky!!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Allergies are kicking my butt this week but after a get a couple meals in going to go blast arms
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So glad I don't have allergies. ...sorry bio.

Going for arms soon too.

Really want to switch my routine up.....looking now...heading in bout 2 hours

BAck from arms

Smith close grip 3 warms 1 feel 1 working (265#) 4 reps, DD

Db over head (wasn't sure about this after close grip but went for it) 1 feel, 2 working (95s) 1 drop

Super set preacher pull down and reverse grip pull down (same bar) 2 working, one drop each

Seated Db curls (no rotation, same movement as straight bar with wider grip) 1 warm, 1 feel, 2 working one drop

Hammer strength preachers 1 feel, 2 working, holding last 2 reps slow negs, DD

Standing bent over DB iso curl 2 sets of burn outs.
    NACH3, clarky. and DCI like this.

Ugh!

Just tried donating. 4 months are up from my last double.

Damn pulse was too high...tested twice.

Did you take a preworkout supplement, Sfla? It doesn't take too much caffeine to rev me up and I'll stay that way for 3-4 hours post lift ( but my heart is kinda screwy anyway).
    Maybe you just need to ramp down/relax before your donation?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Did you take a preworkout supplement, Sfla? It doesn't take too much caffeine to rev me up and I'll stay that way for 3-4 hours post lift ( but my heart is kinda screwy anyway).
    This^^ happens to me very often especially after my w/o I'm still flying high from the caffeine/pre w/o etc... My pulse would be elevated like AG stated, as well! Even knowing that they'll be testing for something gives me more anxiety and it obviously messes w/my readings(I once was told by a doc to take a short walk prior to getting my BP done - note not fast just short and slow breathing right too) worked very well!
    almostgone likes this.

Yeah...I only gave it about 1.5 hrs after work out. I'll just go back Wednesday ....God this is tuff sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Yeah...I only gave it about 1.5 hrs after work out. I'll just go back Wednesday ....God this is tuff sometimes
    It can be, Sfla, but necessary. Like Nach mentioned, try to find your "Zen" before you go back. I've got a feeling if your BP was decent, it was probably the preworkout.
    BTW, nice job on the close grip presses. Throwing in overhead extensions afterwards is pretty hardcore too. Not sure that I could w/o cutting my working weights back. Probably would end up denting the d'bell with my head.

It can be, Sfla, but necessary. Like Nach mentioned, try to find your "Zen" before you go back. I've got a feeling if your BP was decent, it was probably the preworkout.
    BTW, nice job on the close grip presses. Throwing in overhead extensions afterwards is pretty hardcore too. Not sure that I could w/o cutting my working weights back. Probably would end up denting the d'bell with my head.
    Thanks AG....was definitely debating if I should do it or not. Pushing everything I can. I wanted to switch my routine up somehow.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice session Sfla! I love that close grip bench - it really widens your tris(and brings that long head to life quick(not to mention it helps tremendously w/your bench period)! I've also been doing behind head presses supper settled w/one arm extensions(they'll burn ya out lol) then love V grip push downs weighted dips etc!

What's your guys take on single arm tri extensions(reg and reverse grip)?? At end of w/o or close grip reverse push downs?

I haven't done tri extensions in long time might have to throw them in. Dips I switch off weeks sometimes but been using the hammer strength machine. Not even sure if my gym has a belt for weighted dips.

Back.in the day I was told by a "body builder" friend.... (I can't believe I just said that too but he was a big freaking dude...was an employee actually. Was in a couple magazine he showed me) but he showed me to finish tris off doing reverse grip bench.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I haven't done tri extensions in long time might have to throw them in. Dips I switch off weeks sometimes but been using the hammer strength machine. Not even sure if my gym has a belt for weighted dips.

Back.in the day I was told by a "body builder" friend.... (I can't believe I just said that too but he was a big freaking dude...was an employee actually. Was in a couple magazine he showed me) but he showed me to finish tris off doing reverse grip bench.
    They're good(if you can do em w/good form they do hit the tri nicely... but they have there place imo... Unfortunately I can't do them anymore... But push downs always gave me a nice hors-hue... I'm trying some new things as well or different combos etc....

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Big change, Tduff. I can identify with the struggle when your T is in the crapper. Nice work, quads have a nice swep to them too.
    Thank AG

222.5, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Blew chest and tris up again.

Still doing 5/3/1. Top set was 238.5 x3+. I hit 4 reps, failed on 5 when tris engaged.

Psyched. Back when i started lifting i couldn't even max with 135. I'm still on the road to my goal of 300 by October's end. Making great progress
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    So glad I don't have allergies. ...sorry bio. Going for arms soon too. Really want to switch my routine up.....looking now...heading in bout 2 hours
    I never have had them before! Monday they just popped up and I noticed the cottonwood in the air. Had a great arm workout. Left everything in the gym today. It's hard to even use my phone
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Kick ass back workout today
    20 minutes of intervals on treadmill. 1 minute at at 3.0 and the next minute starting at 7mph and working my way up to 8.5
    3 sets neutral grip pull ups 10-15 as a warm up.
    2 sets working bent over rows
    2 sets working lat pull chins
    2 sets working cable rows
    2 sets working wide neutral grip pull downs
    3 sets of weighted hypers.
    I never really let my heart rate get all the way back down after cardio. I was dripping sweat all over the place and felt like throwing up for the hypers at the end
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Well, I absolutely pissd the day away hanging out with the wife and beasts, but we needed it. Work weeks of 6-7 days for long periods of time take its toll; on the plus side the wife already has my lifting stuff together so I can hit it first thing when I get home this morning. Already stretching my back at work. Looking forward to a good lift!

Edit: Just noticed I have my shaker cup w/ whey, coffee, and oats in it. Will mix it up around 7 and drink it on the way home. Should be ready to launch afterwards.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-24-2015 at 02:41 AM.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I never have had them before! Monday they just popped up and I noticed the cottonwood in the air. Had a great arm workout. Left everything in the gym today. It's hard to even use my phone
    F-in sweet!!

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Legs are killing me from friday and same for forearms at the mo chilling today. Looks like people had some great workouts this weekend.
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Watching a couple of old IFSA vids. Almost mentally ready to destroy the back.

Edit: I f-in love it. Savickas presses 180kg. overhead, nails it. Ver Magnusson is the referee and just laughs and shakes his head.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-24-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    NACH3, DCI and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Going in for arms in a lil! I got a partner so forces into negs it is !!! Can't wait!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Going in for arms in a lil! I got a partner so forces into negs it is !!! Can't wait!
    looking forward to hearing how it goes brother. Gonna hit chest today
    almostgone likes this.

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Well, I absolutely pissd the day away hanging out with the wife and beasts, but we needed it. Work weeks of 6-7 days for long periods of time take its toll; on the plus side the wife already has my lifting stuff together so I can hit it first thing when I get home this morning. Already stretching my back at work. Looking forward to a good lift! Edit: Just noticed I have my shaker cup w/ whey, coffee, and oats in it. Will mix it up around 7 and drink it on the way home. Should be ready to launch afterwards.
    Can't wait to hear about the damage done. Sounds like a killer session looming.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    In Cali chillin with friends, haven't been to the gym yet but I will tomorrow hopefully. Damn plane ride makes me swell up like a water balloon for a few days, my fingers are like sausages, and my joints hurt. I need to go hit a quick blast of cardio to release the water. Saw my old training partner yesterday, we are excited to get back in and make some noise this week. Sounds like some hard core sessions been going on this weekend, keep it up.

Here is a pic of me and a couple of my boys, the older guy is my training partner, he is 53, 6'5" 270ish and strong as an ox. I am actually an inch taller and my other buddy is 6'3", just for reference of how much of a scene the two of us used to make 10 years ago when we were both bigger and younger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150524_072924.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	157224
    almostgone likes this.

Looks like one hell of a crew, Zempey. Enjoy yourself, but be safe!
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-24-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Can't wait to hear about the damage done. Sounds like a killer session looming.

It was!

Lower back and body stretching and 2 sets of crunches. Tried to throw in a little more negative time on the cable exercises. Focused on very slowly giving the weight back to the machine; slower and really fought back all the way out to the full stretch. Hit it right I think, back felt like someone has been at it w/ a straight razor.

WG pulldowns w/ o'hand grip-2 w/u, Work-7+-3+-2+. Long 10 count neg @ the end of each group of reps.
    Parallel grip pulldown- 1 w/u, Work-4+-2+-2+. Again w/ the negatives @ end of each group of reps.
    Straightjacket stretches
    Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-7+-5+-3+. LOL, no slow long count negatives on these.
    Low pulley rows-9+-3+-2+. You got it, more slow long count negatives.
    Hyperextensions-2 sets
    Deads-2 sets @ a moderate work weight. Lower back was complaining, so I didn't push my luck.
    D'bell rows off flat bench-10 reps per side.

Completely spent, but very happy.

46 minutes not including stretches and crunches.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-24-2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: left out low pulley rows...
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks AG, I am always safe, for th3 most part lol.

Nice lift, keep it up, reading these sessions is getting me fired up.

Lower back and body stretching and 2 sets of crunches. Tried to throw in a little more negative time on the cable exercises. Focused on very slowly giving the weight back to the machine; slower and really fought back all the way out to the full stretch. Hit it right I think, back felt like someone has been at it w/ a straight razor.

WG pulldowns w/ o'hand grip-2 w/u, Work-7+-3+-2+. Long 10 count neg @ the end of each group of reps.
    Parallel grip pulldown- 1 w/u, Work-4+-2+-2+. Again w/ the negatives @ end of each group of reps.
    Straightjacket stretches
    Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-7+-5+-3+. LOL, no slow negatives on these.
    Low pulley rows-9+-3+-2+. You got it, more slow negatives.
    Hyperextensions-2 sets
    Deads-2 sets @ a moderate work weight. Lower back was complaining, so I didn't push my luck.

Nice session there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Nice session there mate.
    Thanks, Clarky. I believe I'll be dealing with this lift for a couple of days.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms and a fvkin killer(what a difference w/a good spotter

Stretching SMR RCs hammies

Lat/front raises tiger blood flowing

Close grip bench(smith) - **new weight** 3 feelers 1w 5(2 forces) DD 4/3 2forces both

O BB CURL - 1feeler 1w 6 drop 3.5 drop 4(tad lighter) forces on all

Lying DB press(behind head) 105s 2w 6/5 suppersetted w/one arm extensions

DB hammers(new weight) - 1feeler 1w 4 drop 5 drop 3

V - grip pushdown - stack - 2w 8/6 drop 5

Preachers - 2w 7/5(negs to failure) 2w negs only fought it the whole way dead now I get it

Suppersetted cable curls/weighted dips 3w to failure

Best arm w/o yet many more to come!!!
    almostgone, DCI and clarky. like this.

Incline bench

Db flys

Peck deck superset incline press machine

Cable crossovers

Every set went past failure with my son spotting

40 minutes low intensity cardio and done

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Incline bench

Db flys

Peck deck superset incline press machine

Cable crossovers

Every set went past failure with my son spotting

40 minutes low intensity cardio and done

Awesome, Bio. It's nice to read about stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Close grip bench(smith) - **new weight** 3 feelers 1w 5(2 forces) DD 4/3 2forces both

Preachers - 2w 7/5(negs to failure) 2w negs only fought it the whole way dead now I get it

That is going to leave a mark!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That is going to leave a mark!
    Thx AG! Hurts sooo good! already - can't straighten them at all so off to my deep tissue message!! Good timing
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Nice session there mate.

Straightjacket stretches
    Tbar rows-1 w/u, Work-7+-5+-3+. LOL, no slow long count negatives on these.
    Low pulley rows-9+-3+-2+. You got it, more slow long count negatives.
    Hyperextensions-2 sets

Ohh dear boys i think you two are in for some pain over the next few days

Good stuff love it.

Side note av not trained all wk end guys av got a few wee thing going with my family but back to it the mora after work great stuff guys choking to get back to it when reaing your sessions i want to be fvcking huge lol as wee all do we will get there we will. Apart from kel and marcus there already fvcking there big cvnts.

Thread Information