Page 532 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3243248252252752852953053153253353453553653754258263210321532 ... LastLast
Results 21,241 to 21,280 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80

Funny as I read that....only thing looked good to.me was the corn......and then u said that was the best. Lol. If you are gonna do tacos. U have to go over the top with them....something never seen.
    Yet the wait was an hour long.... I was pissed lol. I went straight to the bbq joint after tht and got brisket haha
    almostgone likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Going to be a craptacular night @ work, but anyway. Still shooting for upper end of rep range on most lifts ams trying to get some blood into my arms. Picked up roughly .75"-1" comparing pre and post lift measurements. Now I won't look at a tape for a good 4-6 weeks.

Seated d'bell curl-2 w/u, Work-13,drop,4+ reps-3+-3+
    Incline d'bell curls-2 w/u, Work-7,drop,4+reps-3+-2+. 1 rep less w/ right arm vs. left.
    Bent over cable CC-Work-5-3+reps-3+ and 3 cheats w/ a 5 count slow negative.
    Seated hammer curl-3+ reps, drop, 4+ reps- 3+
    Triceps press down w/ bent handle-2 w/u, Work-6+,drop,5+. New weight on these but I can always move more weight w/ this handle.
    Close grip Smythe press-1 w/u, Work-7,drop,6+ reps, -2+. New weight on these. For some reason after I hit the new weight on the triceps press down the close grip presses seemed easy. New weight on these. Nothing spectacular, but progress.
    D'bell skulls-9+ reps, drop, 4+ reps. Very slow negative on last partial reps, roughly a long 5 count.

Finished off by stretching biceps off of a bar set about neck high in Smythe machine for a long 50 count, very painful.

46 minutes.
    DCI and NACH3 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yet the wait was an hour long.... I was pissed lol. I went straight to the bbq joint after tht and got brisket haha
    You're killing me. We usually smoke 2 briskets around the 4 the of July. It takes awhile, but worth it. Always get sad when it's gone, which doesn't take long around me.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DCI
    DCI is online now Productive Member
    Arms are sore today which is to be expected from doing marcus' routine that he posted feels good.

Today is just a lazy rest day and I need it.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Was planning on a rest day myself, but the wife pulled a crown loose this morning, post and all. Will probably be tied up @ dentist office tomorrow, so aiming for either cardio or shoulders.
    Eating a good b'fast and will be hitting the rack here in a few.
    DCI likes this.

I've got a baptism to goto..... Fun fun

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

I've got a baptism to goto..... Fun fun
    Ughhhh, no quick appearance and out the door for that.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone

Ughhhh, no quick appearance and out the door for that.
    Exactly lol

Gotta got the fiance's brothers house after for the party. There's about 40 people and 5 chairs..... And it's boring as shit.....

- Knockout_Power

Exactly lol

Gotta got the fiance's brothers house after for the party. There's about 40 people and 5 chairs..... And it's boring as shit.....
    Yeah, the wife has a large family which is totally foreign to me. I usually go hang out with a dog if someone has one, otherwise I'll find a remote corner.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of extended family, what is up me bruthas?!

Great to see everyone still at it. I've been back in and pretty consistent lately. Feeling good.

My daughter is graduating in Tuesday, so feeling a little old, but I know all I need to do is come back here and I'll feel young again.

How's everyone doing?
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

Great to see everyone still at it. I've been back in and pretty consistent lately. Feeling good.

My daughter is graduating in Tuesday, so feeling a little old, but I know all I need to do is come back here and I'll feel young again.

How's everyone doing?
    Funny..... You picked Marcus' thread to say you feel young again :-p

How's it going man?

- Knockout_Power

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post

How's everyone doing?
    Wow igi, making an apperance!! What's up?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Funny..... You picked Marcus' thread to say you feel young again :-p How's it going man?
    Exactly, like I said, if I start feeling old, this is the place to go

How's the fam Haz? Babies?
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Wow igi, making an apperance!! What's up?!
    What's up chefman!? Doing good, work is crazy as always but made a good move and happy now. Finally finding time to be able to focus on health. How the wife, married life going well?
    almostgone likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    Weighted Chin Ups 3x8/failure/failure then take off weights and do just bodyweight
    Weighted Dips 3x10/failure/failure then take off weights and do just bodyweight
    Standing Barbell Curls 3x10 superset with single arm curls 3x10 (lower weight midset if can't complete rep range)
    Tricep rope pushdowns 3x10 superset with tricep kickbacks 3x10

That usually kills me for the arms. Perhaps I need more volume? On that same day I usually do some core at the end also, but thats irrelevant since the problem lies on the arms.
    I doubt your going to failure on any of those exercises. Read the thread and get an idea what true failure means then condense your training and redesign your bi and tri workout. Read the whole thread and you will get an idea how best to really attack HIT and instead of concentrating on a certain numbers of sets and reps without really digging deep into those fibers
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Marcus how are you?

This thread is like reading the Odessy now. I remember it was a challenge to read the whole thing 3 years ago. Well done. Hope all is good with you.

DCI
    Hey Itarish man weclome back great to see you post again

Blog Entries

How's everyone doing?
    igi brother nice to see you around...I was just thinking about how its been a while since I saw an igi post lol glad all is going well with you my friend...and my daughter is graduating too but only 8th grade so Im now feeling like a spring chicken compared to you old man lol...rock on...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    Hey Itarish man weclome back great to see you post again
    You as well me Gaelic companion. How's the training going?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd
    igi brother nice to see you around...I was just thinking about how its been a while since I saw an igi post lol glad all is going well with you my friend...and my daughter is graduating too but only 8th grade so Im now feeling like a spring chicken compared to you old man lol...rock on...
    I hear you man.. Proud papa moments. My younger one is going into 8th grade. Few more years til party time for me and the wife!

How's life ghetto and what's new with you?
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

Exactly, like I said, if I start feeling old, this is the place to go

How's the fam Haz? Babies?
    All is well man.... Can't complain. I've got another 15 years until mine graduates lol. Congrats brotha!

- Knockout_Power

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

What's up chefman!? Doing good, work is crazy as always but made a good move and happy now. Finally finding time to be able to focus on health. How the wife, married life going well?
    Awesome igi, glad to hear my man.

Wife is good....10 weeks along with the first youngin

Marcus how are you?

This thread is like reading the Odessy now. I remember it was a challenge to read the whole thing 3 years ago. Well done. Hope all is good with you.
    Hello my friend

You back for good?

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I doubt your going to failure on any of those exercises. Read the thread and get an idea what true failure means then condense your training and redesign your bi and tri workout. Read the whole thread and you will get an idea how best to really attack HIT and instead of concentrating on a certain numbers of sets and reps without really digging deep into those fibers
    I wasn't going to failure you are correct, however doing the routine you posted earlier hurt alot.

Im feeling it today now. Was very difficult moving furniture around the house today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Hello my friend You back for good?
    I will absolutely make my best attempt to be more active, so yes. I always miss my friends here.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Last day out on the Left coast, it has been a great trip. We mm t to my buddie's daughter's wedding last night at a Vineyard up in the hills, stunning views. Definitely need to get back home and on track, the eating and drinking has really made a mess of my midsection. Managed 3 days in the gym this trip, so not too bad, was nice to hit the weights in the old setting. I really miss it out here, I knew I would, I have a strong desire to come back bit know I can't at this point in ouir lives. It is going to really fuk with me for a while, so I will have to vent it out on the weights when I get home. Having a big bbq sendoff today, going to be a rough time saying good bye again, I have really missed these friends. I'll be back full force Tuesday morning, and will get my summer diet dialed in, this trip delayed the cut a bit, but I shoyld be able to drop pretty quick once the tren is added in. Keep up the good work, you guys are killing it.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    I wasn't going to failure you are correct, however doing the routine you posted earlier hurt alot.

Im feeling it today now. Was very difficult moving furniture around the house today
    The routine I posted also had advanced protocols like drops asnd rest pause, you first need to learn how to truly go to failure, what failure means to you wont be what true positive failure is regarding HIT, its not something you can suddenly do it takes time to learn an also get the mind set
    uhit and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I will absolutely make my best attempt to be more active, so yes. I always miss my friends here.
    Nice to see another Pisano!

DCI
    You as well me Gaelic companion. How's the training going?
    Great man leaner and bigger than ever so really happy. Hope all is good with you my man
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Nice to see another Pisano!
    Nice to meet you, Pisan!!
    NACH3 likes this.

The baptism is over! I survived! Now I hafta survive the party and I can go home :-/

I've got sweat running down my back, I had to stop and eat before coming to the party because they only have cold cuts, and to top it off all the seats are taken already lmao
    marcus300, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I wouldn't separate those groups...especially if u are already doing one body part a day....

Put an example of your routine up and let's see if everyone can critique it for u.

I've honestly have put almost 1.5- 2" on my arms since starting joining this thread.
    woooow holy fuk that's great news, now that's serious well done. Looking well

I wont be putting my double bicep pose up again
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice to meet you, Pisan!!
    Likewise, Igi!

little out numbered lol but that's A OK in my book - AWESOME group here - glad to be a part of
    DCI likes this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Lifted Friday. But the sky decided to quit pouring in me this weekend, so Saturday and Sunday were spent building a fence. Fortunately just one side, 60', plus a gate. Used pre built panels which was great, except i did everything, start to finish by myself. Those fkin panels started getting heavy!

How's everyone doing?
    Igi!! Glad to hear you're still at it, man! What's this "feeling old" talk?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    Lifted Friday. But the sky decided to quit pouring in me this weekend, so Saturday and Sunday were spent building a fence. Fortunately just one side, 60', plus a gate. Used pre built panels which was great, except i did everything, start to finish by myself. Those fkin panels started getting heavy!
    I don't envy you..... I put y fence up also. Used about 16 of those panels..... 6' high

- Knockout_Power

Nothin like a few old farts to make a 31yr old feel good :-)

Last edited by Hazard; 05-31-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Was planning on a rest day myself, but the wife pulled a crown loose this morning, post and all. Will probably be tied up @ dentist office tomorrow, so aiming for either cardio or shoulders.
    Eating a good b'fast and will be hitting the rack here in a few.
    ...and the lifting didn't happen. When I woke up, arms were nicely sore and required stretching to get a decent ROM. Will lift in the morning before taking wife to the dentist. That will still put me as sticking to an every other day schedule recently.

Blog Entries
    AG me brutha! See, this is exactly what I mean.. I don't feel old at all anymore now!!

How are you man, family good?
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Nothin like a few old farts to make a 31yr old feel good :-)
    You were 20 years old when you joined this board

I was 27 when I joined. Jeez man. I take joint supplements now haha.

Thread Information