Page 623 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1235235736136186196206216226236246256266276286336737231123 ... LastLast
Results 24,881 to 24,920 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Got in a short cardio session tonight before work and grabbed the broomstick for some stretching after cardio. Chest is nicely sore out towards anteriors. Not sore from injury, just sore from some good honest lifting.
    Shot coming up this morning and hitting legs this evening.
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Stoner rock is just fcking class. Opeth is a bit heavy for me used be big into the death metal but got bored of the high speed bpm haha.

Yeh Clutch are getting up there with Pantera as one of my fav bands nothing that I have listened to em has been bad tbh.

One thing that is great about America is the musical diversaty we have f all over here. Mainly indie shit or manufactured crap that comes to play or washy irish crap bands.

The best band Ive seen in a long time live was ZZ Top them fckers were just cool.
    Same here, DCI. Some of it is just too much. I prefer the darker, angrier, slow riffs when I listen to the heavier stuff. LOL, when I get into my fall and winter lifting mode the wife and her sister both say it's almost scary. Sister in law says she is waiting for a virgin sacrifice to commence.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-09-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    DCI likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Now I am going to have to download a zz top song.

Trying to keep up with your posts.

Sfla make the best of the cardio even tho it hurts
    DCI back in the house
    LGI welcome to the forum. LOL
    Marcus. Stay calm. How's my girl Mrs Marcus?
    Nach. Eat workout eat workout. When do u work? :P
    Clarky and almost - steady. Very steady contributors .
    Kelkel. Just can't seem to break u of no cardio.
    Haz. working those bird legs. Lol. Will u have time to workout with babe 2? I don't know how u fellas with kiddos find the time tbh.
    BG makes a showing.
    Bio and Nach must be cousins. Eat train eat train
    I am missing someone.....
    class girly i always enjoy your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Ok back from surgeon.

Good news...I do not "yet" meet the requirements for surgery.

Bad news is a few things...he added another medicine to my regimen. Told me I will have open heart surgery sometime in my life. :/

Surgeon actually spoke of this issue as an "aneurism" and not just an enlarged aorta.

I have to get a CAT scan done next week to confirm they measured the aorta right during the ECO. and also a CAt scan done in 3 months, 6 months, 9months, 1 year and will see if we continue yearly or every 2 years.

He confirmed that its from heavy lifting and gave me a study on how much the blood pressure rises during heavy lifting. I will try to find a link or just take a pic of the study he gave me.

Study said your BP hits 480/350 at time of heavy liftin.

So now my plan is to cut back...basically like a pull back maybe? And im not sure how to do this....obviously cut weight back drastically but should I still go beyond failure???

He said I can still work out and be "buff" (his words) just don't go heavy.

Well thought I would give u guys an update.

And ZZtop used to be one of my top bands as a kid.....cousin used to bodyguard for them lol
    sfla sorry to hear this mate but pre ex would be good for you the now so you don't have to go heavy.
    almostgone likes this.

You can train me any day! I think u would be great not that typical trainer who doesn't care and only wants to train ppl who are already in shape, can't offer any nutritional advice, blah blah.

You r gonna fall in love....and marry one of your clients. U heard it here first.

Congrats!
    Ohh fvck nachy boy will be the next redz with all the girls/clients
    almostgone likes this.

Morning guys/girls bi's are a bit tight this morning. I really don't know what am doing later lol can't think straight but i'll report back the night.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Exactly. The weighted bar stabilizes you. Find the position that works so tweak it to suit. You'll like this addition to your repertoire.
    Thanks, Kel. I like the idea of using the bar as a rest so the work is focused on the triceps without the upper body swaying around.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Now I am going to have to download a zz top song.

Trying to keep up with your posts.

Sfla make the best of the cardio even tho it hurts
    DCI back in the house
    LGI welcome to the forum. LOL
    Marcus. Stay calm. How's my girl Mrs Marcus?
    Nach. Eat workout eat workout. When do u work? :P
    Clarky and almost - steady. Very steady contributors .
    Kelkel. Just can't seem to break u of no cardio.
    Haz. working those bird legs. Lol. Will u have time to workout with babe 2? I don't know how u fellas with kiddos find the time tbh.
    BG makes a showing.
    Bio and Nach must be cousins. Eat train eat train
    I am missing someone.....
    I'm all cool over here and Mrs Marcus is doing fine except for a pull in her back so training is on hold this week

Hopefully u guys can read this....this is the study...doesn't have a website so could not post a link.

Attachment 159364
    It is weird that the study mentions pacemaker leads can fracture. LOL, I was seeing one of the senior Drs. from MUSC when I had my heart issues and biventricular pacemaker. He flew up to MUSC- Spartanburg once/ week for the heart clinic there. He encouraged me to lift although he did caution that I couldn't hold my breath (same thing my local cardiologist had told me).
    Of course, your situation is very different from mine. They were using a combination of meds, exercise, and the pacemaker to encourage my heart to remodel. If you run across a link to that study, I would be interested in it. I'm curious as to who they used for a sample group.

Clarky's post regarding preexhaust sounds like it would be very useful to you. Please keep posting up your sessions and keep us updated, Sfla. Lot of people here that care about you!
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-10-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    DCI and clarky. like this.

3 lots of coffee in my morning shake,
    2 eph
    watched 3 DY videos
    chest workout in 10mins
    DCI, almostgone, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same here, DCI. Some of it is just too much. I prefer the darker, angrier, slow riffs when I listen to the heavier stuff. LOL, when I get into my fall and winter lifting mode the wife and her sister both say it's almost scary. Sister in law says she is waiting for a virgin sacrifice to commence.
    Yeh that high bpm stuff is def made for a teenager with angst lol and at that tempo it sounds like just noise lol. I sound like my old man there lol.

Stufff lile morbid angel and obituary is about as far as I go now into death metal etc.

I'll stick to pantera and the likes if I want some faster paced metal
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    3 lots of coffee in my morning shake,
    2 eph
    watched 3 DY videos
    chest workout in 10mins
    LMAO..I would literally be shaking my way across the room if In added ephedra to the coffee. Hmm, 3 DY vids. I'll feel.sorry for the d'bells, b'bell, and machines. You're sure to draw some stares today.

Yeh that high bpm stuff is def made for a teenager with angst lol and at that tempo it sounds like just noise lol. I sound like my old man there lol.

Stufff lile morbid angel and obituary is about as far as I go now into death metal etc.

I'll stick to pantera and the likes if I want some faster paced metal
    Same.here. Karma to Burn is semi-decent.

DCI
    Same.here. Karma to Burn is semi-decent.
    Must check them out.

Tonight is back day in the gym time to focus the mind during the day
    almostgone likes this.

Chest

Gym empty except for 2 normal guys

Warm up RC's
    Some light stretches

Smith Machine incline press
    3 warm up sets - high end reps to get some blood flowing into my shoulders, also getting the groove and feel right for my working set.
    1 working set - heavy weight did 9 reps then did 2 forced reps what had me shaking and nearly screaming, then did 3 negatives. Completely worked and destroyed.

Incline DB flyes
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure then one drop set to failure with 2 forced at the end

Flat DB press
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure plus 3 forced reps then 2 negatives - hurt like fuk

Cable Crossovers
    2 working sets both to failure , last one drop set plus 2 forced - eye ball shake

Abs
    NACH3, DCI, almostgone and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    I've heard the stories, Clarky

Nice and rested... Delts/traps or back on the agenda today, we'll see
    I may start drinkin some coffee and though no eph I do have some liq albuterol to add to my pre-w/o regimen
    DCI and clarky. like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks clarky...and definitely was thinking pre exhaust. ...just gonna start off again light anyways.

AG really appreciate it man. And I will stay posting in the thread. And after I get.my cat scan I'll be talking to the surgeon again and I will ask him where to find that full study.
    almostgone, DCI, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

DCI
    Is it wrong all I have in my head is the scene from step brothers where they say "did we just become best friends" lol

Congrats nach you're putting in some serious work on yourself be great to help other people too
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Is it wrong all I have in my head is the scene from step brothers where they say "did we just become best friends" lol

Congrats nach you're putting in some serious work on yourself be great to help other people too
    Thx brother! It'll be great to help others, DCI! That's the main objective(along w/growing)
    DCI likes this.

Ahhh, just got my shot. Headed to the grocery to buy a few odd and ends and then will hit the rack. Rest up for legs tonight.
    NACH3, DCI and clarky. like this.

Thanks clarky...and definitely was thinking pre exhaust. ...just gonna start off again light anyways.

AG really appreciate it man. And I will stay posting in the thread. And after I get.my cat scan I'll be talking to the surgeon again and I will ask him where to find that full study.

Dang it, I meant to ask you about the new med that was added in. Do.you recall what it was?

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx brother! It'll be great to help others, DCI! That's the main objective(along w/growing)
    Brilliant man. Very happy to hear it onwards and upwards man
    NACH3 likes this.

Dang it, I meant to ask you about the new med that was added in. Do.you recall what it was?
    Best way to tell u is by this. By the way he was talking to.my cardiologist it might be new? He was talking recent studies.

Supposedly will help slowing the enlargement process

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150910_105900.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	159379

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Alright guys/gals! I miss y'all's posts and time is even more crunched than it has been.
    Most important... Sfla....still concerned about all that is going on with you. You are my hero though cause you have been continuing to post through all of your worries and frustrations and we all want to hear how things are going for you as we all are concerned and don't want to see anything happen to you.
    Nach, Marcus, Clarky, AG, Kel(my nickname for you is Mr Worms cause that awesome vascularity), DCI, Bio, LGI, BG....most consistent dudes ever and continue to impress with your posts. One day I'm gonna get to y'all's level!
    GGR....listen we need to figure out how to have 36 hours in a day!
    Hazard....I adore the bed and am certain your little girl does too. Well done!!! Oh and yes you are just as consistent as everyone else but really do like that you took the time to make that for her.

Alright....so it's time to start a stack. Well, IM READY so therefor it's time. What are y'all's thoughts given you mostly know the background and have seen what just var does. Def want to stay away from Winny due to joints but am open to consider all opinions or info. You all have really helped in so many ways and I def respect your input. Want to spend fall/winter pushing the wheels to create more balance with upper body. Will understandably sacrifice some leanness for extra energy and push but do not want to blimp out over night. Not a dirty bulker here....maybe a dirty mind due to AAS but not food.
    1,2,3....and GO! Your turn.
    NACH3, clarky., marcus300 and 2 others like this.

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Oh and one more thing....what is this Ostarane SARMS stuff I keep hearing about that is supposedly 'just like' var but lacks AAS sides? Is this more mumbo jumbo or is it legit the same?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Delts/traps
    Stretching rolling RC ex's(lots 5lb weight in all directions) abs(kinda lol)
    PRE-EXHAUST

1. DB side lateral raises(holding leaning out) - 2 warm ups 2w DD(w/partials & a long hold for as long as I could w/a very slow negative or until my arm just gave) wicked burn/pain

2. Reverse grip front raises(**new weight**) - 2 warm ups into 1w DD

3. Face pulls(both long bar/& rope) 2w each

4. Smith Upright rows heavy - 2w DD

5. Smith MP - 3 feelers - 1w TD

6. Shrugs - 2 behind back/2 wide grip/& DB 120s dropped to 80s

Completely tore up - I can't lift my arms in any kind of semi comfortable position lol - great session & weights done in 41min - and I inflicted pain... Lots of it - & damn I wish I had a relaxer today LoL
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Well. Idk. Nach won't kiss and tell.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Exactly, Girly! No need on my end & not my thang!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Exactly, Girly! No need on my end & not my thang!
    we'll see.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    we'll see.
    clarky. likes this.

Ok guys/girls did tri's earlier great session screamer lol
    Pull back

Incline lying db tri ex 1 working DD

Db kick backs 2 working

Rope push downs 1 working DD

Behind the head tri ex 1working DD

Tri pd 1 working DD

I kid you not my tri's were bursting out ma skin screamer.

Lying db ex i hit high end rep range on last wk new weight 12rep so i will do a RP next wk or see if i can up it again if not still on pull back.

every ex was brutal the burn was mad bi's got worse as the day went on today so good stuff there too.
    NACH3, marcus300 and almostgone like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Gym empty except for 2 normal guys

That struck me as really funny...
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Gents. Tomorrow. Me. Gym. Chest. Tri.
    clarky. likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I jinxed myself :-/

My right knee is sore today lol - only while walking up stairs
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Best way to tell u is by this. By the way he was talking to.my cardiologist it might be new? He was talking recent studies.

Supposedly will help slowing the enlargement process

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150910_105900.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	159379
    It's been around for a bit. Its an angiotensin receptor antagonists. I take one myself called Atacand (candesartan). It shouor help prevent constriction of your blood vessels.
    Together with your beta-blocker it will reduce the workload on your heart and keep your BP down.
    Don't remember if I told you my beta blocker is Coreg (carvedilol), yours is Bystolic, right?
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-10-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    Oh and one more thing....what is this Ostarane SARMS stuff I keep hearing about that is supposedly 'just like' var but lacks AAS sides? Is this more mumbo jumbo or is it legit the same?
    I'm afraid my knowledge of SARMS is lacking, so I can't comment on that, but I admire your enthusiasm! LOL, your posts contain lots of energy!

It's been around for a bit. Its an angiotensin receptor antagonists. I take one myself called Atacand (candesartan). It will work help prevent constriction of your blood vessels.
    Together with your beta-blocker it will reduce the workload on your heart and keep your BP down.
    Don't remember if I told you my beta blocker is Coreg (carvedilol), yours is Bystolic, right?
    Yes sir...byatolic.

And I thought it was new by the way he was trying to convince my cardiologist about the recent studies that have been done.

The problem is they have my normal docs bp which is high. But my cardio said they were doing it wrong and he says my bp is really good. We'll at the time which was 110/70.

So he's starting me at a half a pill of the new stuff. Which is 12.5mg. Then my cardio or reg doc can up it if they want.
    almostgone likes this.

Yes sir...byatolic.

And I thought it was new by the way he was trying to convince my cardiologist about the recent studies that have been done.

The problem is they have my normal docs bp which is high. But my cardio said they were doing it wrong and he says my bp is really good. We'll at the time which was 110/70.

So he's starting me at a half a pill of the new stuff. Which is 12.5mg. Then my cardio or reg doc can up it if they want.
    Hey, all.right! The BP sounds great, Sfla. Perhaps he was referring to a new study/application for Cozaar.
    How's the Bystolic treating you? Any weakness, coughing, or shortness of breath? The reason I ask is the first beta blocker they put me on was Lopressor and it absolutely drained me. I know a few people that take Bystolic and all of them have done well with little to no adverse reactions.

OK gents and ladies, I'm off to the shop to work on legs. I'll post up later after I get settled in at the insanity that I call a job.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    OK gents and ladies, I'm off to the shop to work on legs. I'll post up later after I get settled in at the insanity that I call a job.
    Leg day!!!!
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information