Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah i have been a few times. My ex had family there we would stay with on occasion. I actually enjoy it there

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    lmao, there trying to get huge b4 the bar? little do they know, girls could give a rats ass how big their arms are.
    alot of girls do care. Just like i care how big their rack is. I know plenty of girls that only date juiceheads.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    alot of girls do care. Just like i care how big their rack is. I know plenty of girls that only date juiceheads.
    Interesting...I stand corrected then

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Yeah i have been a few times. My ex had family there we would stay with on occasion. I actually enjoy it there
    I do too, its a cool place

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr.
    People that stare...
    Maybe your liked by men and woman? Just saying

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Maybe your liked by men and woman? Just saying
    Could be

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    hot chicks with toothpick dweebs, things that make me wonder does she have cataracs....

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    People too cool to give a nod or a yo bro back even though you are x5 their size. Actually the bigger I get the less this one bugs me its like their loss type thing.

Jessgirl is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    JANUARY ! The people that sign up for three months for new years resolution and only go few times and don't know how to F***ing clean the machines

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessgirl View Post
    JANUARY ! The people that sign up for three months for new years resolution and only go few times and don't know how to F***ing clean the machines
    Most of the land whales have given up on their resolutions by now. I saw a few new faces the first week of jan... that was about it.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    Most of the land whales have given up on their resolutions by now. I saw a few new faces the first week of jan... that was about it.
    they've been harpooned by the frito cupid

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    was going to let this one go, but it happened twice yesturday. Normally I find the women guilty of this but it was 1 situation with women and one with guys....

If you want to socialize in small groups, do it OUTSIDE the fvcken gym. Not in the main isle between the equipment which is the only way others can get back and forth through the gym. Whatever you are talking about may be important to you, but its inconveniencing dozens of other people who are at the gym to actually train.

androbolic_09 is offline Associate Member
    Along the socializing at the gym instead of lifting... The other day, this guy i know brought in his friend and some girls. There is a little kids area at the back of the gym, and the girls went and sat in there. He goes in and sits with them for like 10 mins. Comes out and benches 2 sets, does a few dips, and goes all nuts in the middle of the floor doing pushups. Ive already been in there for awhile, and i get done and leave. I pull up to a redlight about 3/4 a mile from the gym, and dude comes down the road infront of me! Like wtf. He worked out maybe a full total of 10 mins... Talked the rest of the time. And complains that he hit a plateau on bench press.

Little one i saw last week i forgot about. Watched a guy doing a few sets on bench and then starts maxing. He wasnt a small guy but when i saw the weights he put on i knew for certain they werent going to be done with any kind of form. 315 for a couple was fine a little bounce off the chest. Then goes for 365 and slams the weight of his chest barely getting it up. Same with 385.

Now he goes on to 405. Rolls a towel up and places it on his chest. I dont know if the bouncing scared me more or the fact he was using a thumbless grip and the bars are the way towards the bottom of his palm. He unracks it starts to go down and slams the weight off his chest harder than anyone i have ever seen. It bounces about 3 inches off then his whole body comes up and he pushes it a few more inches. He couldnt quite finish it off and had to have a little help. I would really liked to have seen his chest 2 days later. I dont know how he didnt snap a few ribs
    Last edited by Noles12; 02-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Little one i saw last week i forgot about. Watched a guy doing a few sets on bench and then starts maxing. He wasnt a small guy but when i saw the weights he put on i knew for certain they werent going to be done with any kind of form. 315 for a couple was fine a little bounce off the chest. Then goes for 365 and slams the weight of his chest barely getting it up. Same with 385.

Now he goes on to 405. Rolls a towel up and places it on his chest. I dont know if the bouncing scared me more or the fact he was using a thumbless grip and the bars are the way towards the bottom of his palm. He unracks it starts to go down and slams the weight off his chest harder than anyone i have ever seen. It bounces about 3 inches off then his whole body comes up and he ouses it a few more. He couldnt quite finish it off and had to have a little help. I would really liked to have seen his chest 2 days later. I dont know how he didnt snap a few ribs
    Sounds like branch warren

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    people who don't wash there f#*king hands in the bathroom they r in there take a nasty shit come out look at there hair in the mirror and walk out of the bathroom f*#king gross and then everyone has to now touch everything they touch in the gym scumbags

Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    people who don't wash there f#*king hands in the bathroom they r in there take a nasty shit come out look at there hair in the mirror and walk out of the bathroom f*#king gross and then everyone has to now touch everything they touch in the gym scumbags
    I hate watching that everywhere. Restaurants are the worst. I dont know how you can wipe your ass then go eat food without washing your hands

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Main thing is of course those assholes who think working out is going to a machine and doing 8 reps with a wieght they could get an easy 20 with. Then sitting on the machine doing nothing...that is at least until you start to approach it, then they go through their 2 minute routine of adjusting the plates retying their shoes tightening their belt etc before another set of flat benches with 60 lbs.

The other one is the guy who does the opposite, typically he is about 22 and can probably flat bench 2 plates and a dime for 10 reps easy, but instead asks for a spot and when you say sure he proceeds to stack 4 on each end expecting you to pull the 150lbs he can't for 3-4 reps.

And of course you have the assholes who piss all over the sit down toilets even though there are urinals with dividers ( which are usually all vacant) right next to the shitters.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    And of course you have the assholes who piss all over the sit down toilets even though there are urinals with dividers ( which are usually all vacant) right next to the shitters.
    ^^^ This, but this doesn't just piss me off at the gym. It's every place that has a public restroom that this stuff happens at. The other thing that pisses me off are the people in the locker room who don't know how to use a towel properly and track water all over the floor near the lockers.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate it when I am doing seated rows and some idiot jumps up on the pull up bars in the middle and starts jumping from one set to another causing the entire ****ing set of machines to bounce around and wiggle. It's like HEY DONKEY KONG CHILL THE FVCK OUT NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE MONKEY BARRING YOU ARE MAKING MY ASS VIBRATE WHILE I'M WORKING OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    I hate it when I am doing seated rows and some idiot jumps up on the pull up bars in the middle and starts jumping from one set to another causing the entire ****ing set of machines to bounce around and wiggle. It's like HEY DONKEY KONG CHILL THE FVCK OUT NO ONE CARES THAT YOU ARE MONKEY BARRING YOU ARE MAKING MY ASS VIBRATE WHILE I'M WORKING OUT!
    LOL sounds like planet fitness though

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    LOL sounds like planet fitness though
    I could see planet fitness putting in vibrating seats in their equipment in order to give "massages" while you workout

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    All time best one
    "Girls that think they are hot"
    And their not
    Thats got to be the worst
    "DUDE IM NOT LOOKING AT YOU"

YYYEEESSSSSS, thank you!! Bitch you are a 6 at best........stop walking abd have a face on like your shit don't stink. Problem is the north shore of Long Island is FULL of these dumb bitches....

Cant stand it.....

I have a new one. Cops that stand around the gym tell cop stories for an hour instead of working out.

Cops
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    fixed
    Heh. Guys standing around for an hour not working out ruins the whole gym atmosphere. You know how when your are resting in between sets and have shit else to do but look around the gym. Its like that except and hour of looking around none stop.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Heh. Guys standing around for an hour not working out ruins the whole gym atmosphere. You know how when your are resting in between sets and have shit else to do but look around the gym. Its like that except and hour of looking around none stop.
    They probably got ugly wifes at home looking to nag at them when they get back.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    They probably got ugly wifes at home looking to nag at them when they get back.
    the wives dont need to be ugly in order to nag

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Not a gym hate but more a general hate. I hate when fat outta shape friends tell me how to eat and train because "back in the day that's how they did it".

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by androbolic_09 View Post
    Along the socializing at the gym instead of lifting... The other day, this guy i know brought in his friend and some girls. There is a little kids area at the back of the gym, and the girls went and sat in there. He goes in and sits with them for like 10 mins. Comes out and benches 2 sets, does a few dips, and goes all nuts in the middle of the floor doing pushups. Ive already been in there for awhile, and i get done and leave. I pull up to a redlight about 3/4 a mile from the gym, and dude comes down the road infront of me! Like wtf. He worked out maybe a full total of 10 mins... Talked the rest of the time. And complains that he hit a plateau on bench press.
    Any normal person who has hardly ever lifted talking about hitting a plateau. That drives me up the wall. Anyone on my inlaws side of the family talking about anything nutrition or fitness related. As for the original subject of the thread, I have no worries I lift in my garage now.

geronimo69 is offline New Member
    I'd have to say when someone steals my damn towel while I'm showering. Drives me nuts.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo69
    I'd have to say when someone steals my damn towel while I'm showering. Drives me nuts.
    lol.. that's pretty comical.. never heard of someone snatchin towels before.

Coke machine in the gym. Dunno if this has already been posted, and im too lazy right now to look back throuugh all 23 pages. But yeah, be different if it had water and gatorade/powerade, but nope, coke, drpepper, sprite, etc. All the people who get on the treadmill for 45 mins then go get a coke. boom, there goes your effort. lol.

DanB is offline Banned
    people doing sit ups or barbell curls at the mirror in the middle of the cable machine, then you see them run up to the staff complaining when i tell them to get the fuk outa the way, thats after i ask them nicely to move so i can use the machine and they reply ''but im using the mirror'' arghhhhhhhhh god help me, some day I'll lose it in this kip of a gym full of posh fvckers .................

ah thats better, rant over

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    probably posted already, but people talking on there phones while at a bench press or squat rack, and continue to say "ya i am working here". My response is "do you plan to rest every 5 mins between sets"

Blog Entries
    ive noticed a trend lately of youg lads like 18yrs old 6' 120lbs loading 405lbs on the smithmachine and hacksquat and proceed to do 1/16 reps...i mean who are they kidding...just because the big boys are doing that kind of weight with free weight dosent mean they have to try to keep up....theres no shame in doing a weight you can handle with good form and actually get a workout in...what is so hard about checking your ego at the door...im tired of pulling weights off of kids cus there so arogent to do shit right...

Blog Entries
    and while im at it im tired of peeps hanging around asking retarded questions, pretending that there generaly interested in my diet and training advise trying to work up the nerve to ask me to get them gear...its very obvious what they are doing and it very annoying so all you newbies out there, try to find your own source rather than bothering the only people who are actually doing work in the gym....thanx...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    ive noticed a trend lately of youg lads like 18yrs old 6' 120lbs loading 405lbs on the smithmachine and hacksquat and proceed to do 1/16 reps...i mean who are they kidding...just because the big boys are doing that kind of weight with free weight dosent mean they have to try to keep up....theres no shame in doing a weight you can handle with good form and actually get a workout in...what is so hard about checking your ego at the door...im tired of pulling weights off of kids cus there so arogent to do shit right...
    agreed...good one..

went to my father in laws cause my nephew says he can bench 175 now. He is 14 and weighs about 120. I have never seen him bench personally. So i spot him and he goes down about half way almost and starts coming back up, so happy he did it. hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    went to my father in laws cause my nephew says he can bench 175 now. He is 14 and weighs about 120. I have never seen him bench personally. So i spot him and he goes down about half way almost and starts coming back up, so happy he did it. hmmm?
    Prime opportunity to lead him on the path of righteous lifting. tell him to just put 135 on it and touch his chest and explode it up. control it down, and no sternum bounce. then see if he still smiling.

Thread Information