Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1921
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

Ares101 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddp2727
    When I'm laying on a bench under the racked bar with my hands on the bar clearly getting my breathing in check for the set and someone taps me on the knee and says "are you using this squat rack?" which was located about 25 feet from my bench. Also when I'm loaded up on deads I leave about 8-10 feet between me and the mirror so I can see my entire form fairly easy and some fat slvt gets in the 8-10 foot space with a high back bench and starts doing some weird a$$ ballerina stretches MID SET!
    Yea I hate when guys will ask you if your using a machine that you never once touched the entire time at the gym...

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I generally don't get too angry in the gym anymore, even when using heavy...

There is one thing that annoys me... it's douche bags.

For example, there's this one Latin guy (just happens to be so, no offense to Latins or Spanish guys), who is always strutting around in his under armour tight ass workout shirt with his arms hanging really wide, like he's got imaginary lat syndrome, and he's always bumping his chest out and looking at it while he walks, and he usually has this stupid ass look on his face... like just his face is annoying... and ugly to boot... and my god where does it end? This guy is so ridiculous it hurts! He's got this decent upper body with no lower body, and yeah the cliches don't stop. Every time I see him he mean mugs guys his size or bigger, and wears headphones and sings really ****ing loud to some gay ass Spanish hip hop shit and his voice is pure shite! Man, just his presence is bothersome and I almost knocked him out one day because I could catch him in my peripheral in the mirror. Annoying to say the least.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post

For example, there's this one Latin guy (just happens to be so, no offense to Latins or Spanish guys), who is always strutting around in his under armour tight ass workout shirt with his arms hanging really wide, like he's got imaginary lat syndrome, and he's always bumping his chest out and looking at it while he walks, and he usually has this stupid ass look on his face... like just his face is annoying... and ugly to boot... and my god where does it end? This guy is so ridiculous it hurts! He's got this decent upper body with no lower body, and yeah the cliches don't stop. Every time I see him he mean mugs guys his size or bigger, and wears headphones and sings really ****ing loud to some gay ass Spanish hip hop shit and his voice is pure shite! Man, just his presence is bothersome and I almost knocked him out one day because I could catch him in my peripheral in the mirror. Annoying to say the least.
    lmfao

i've seen the type

singing or dancing in the gym

gotta love it

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    lmfao

i've seen the type

singing or dancing in the gym

gotta love it
    Hah yeah, total contradiction to the macho man attitude...

Hah yeah, total contradiction to the macho man attitude...
    i think its like a defense mechanism or something

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

I wouldn't get too angry at the guy. I probably would have to try to keep myself from laughing at him. Every gym has this guy though. I really don't even understand how anyone can listen to music while they're lifting. For me, I get so focused, the world is tuned out while I'm lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I wouldn't get too angry at the guy. I probably would have to try to keep myself from laughing at him. Every gym has this guy though. I really don't even understand how anyone can listen to music while they're lifting. For me, I get so focused, the world is tuned out while I'm lifting.
    True that. I dont lift with music really either. Maybe before hand to get pumped up but not during lifts. I like having a partner and motivating each other. I used to laugh at the dude until he started mean mugging me. Something about the way people look at me always triggers an emotion. Even if they don't intend on frowning or whatever, it's the first thing I see and its the first thing that sets me off.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I can't say I hate it, but. . .

Last time I was at the gym there were a bunch of either high school or college nerds. One of them was in half decent shape and I guess he was the one the rest looked up to. This "dude" gos to push 80's on some dumbbell presses. I just looked over and I thought this guy was going to die, he didn't even push them up once. I thought his arm was going to pop out of socket. . . . LMAO

The guy that I do hate: Some old fool tried to take my damn bench last week. WTF fool, I am standing right there and my gallon jug is sitting on it. I said, yeah dude. . . Ummm, I'm still here. He just walked off. Turd.

So mean mugging is what that's called....Ahhhh

Gotta have music or i gotta hear the disco shit the gym plays...more fn dancing!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ...with his arms hanging really wide, like he's got imaginary lat syndrome.
    ILS - Imaginary Lat Syndrome. Ha! I am going to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares101 View Post
    Yea I hate when guys will ask you if your using a machine that you never once touched the entire time at the gym...
    That might be a sign of respect. I have noticed there are a couple of guys that ask me if I am using anything I am near, but they don't ask everyone...just the guys that are there regularly and look like they know what they are doing.

dooie is offline Senior Member
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ILS
    Imaginary lat syndrome haha, there is one of these in every gym!! We call it, pulling out your wheelbarrow, at my gym, me and a mate, put up a sign In the window, leave your wheelbarrows I the car park ha

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ILS
    Imaginary lat syndrome haha, there is one of these in every gym!! We call it, pulling out your wheelbarrow, at my gym, me and a mate, put up a sign In the window, leave your wheelbarrows I the car park ha

so how much do u bench

also know as the "cobra"

lmao

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    We have one of those one person bathrooms with a urinal, can and shower. Its set up for one person, small. I forget to lock the door this old guy comes in I start to say "Oh my bad I forgot to lock.." He walks past me while I'm changing and takes a piss and walks out. It was just kind of.. wierd..

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm still a newb at the gym, been a backyard gym type my whole life. so some of the stuff that surprises me you blokes have probably been watching for years. Anyways, i was doing some seated rows, and next to me a lad was doing some cable curls. cept they weren't curls exactly. he'd bring his arm down to a 45 degree angle, then curl for 45 degrees back up to a 90 degree verticle. and he'd do different amounts as he added weight platee by pplate. he'd do 10 reps at one weight. add a plate. 5 reps. add a plate. 10 reps. add a plate. 12 reps. add a plate. 6 reps. done. rest a few minutes. then arbitrarily do diffferent weights with random sets. this is a newb, so no advanced theory here. so i'm trying not to stare, and biting my tongue, wanting to ask wtf he's doing, but finally he leaves and I'm relieved since last thing i want to do is talk to the guy. but also feeling sorry for him, since he clearly has no idea what the hell he is doing.

maybe its a golfers swing exercise

JAB1 is offline Member
    I hate the guys that set up camp at 4 different machines to do there full body workout. wtf, pick a station. I will just take over their space if I need it and they are doing something else. Guy at my gym infuriates me. He is a been pole, not sure if hes a high level endurence runner or something, or just stupid....He will do crunches on the pull down machine, leg presses where his leges move about 2 inches. Shurgs in the smith squat rack with rounded shoulders and a litlle minisquat to cheat the weight up, etc. Jumping from machine to machine like he owns the place with his floor mats and 3 drink containers spread out everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    I hate the guys that set up camp at 4 different machines to do there full body workout. wtf, pick a station. I will just take over their space if I need it and they are doing something else. Guy at my gym infuriates me. He is a been pole, not sure if hes a high level endurence runner or something, or just stupid....He will do crunches on the pull down machine, leg presses where his leges move about 2 inches. Shurgs in the smith squat rack with rounded shoulders and a litlle minisquat to cheat the weight up, etc. Jumping from machine to machine like he owns the place with his floor mats and 3 drink containers spread out everywhere...
    Dude, if you really want to get that guy good, go up to him and totally kiss his ass about his working out. Then talk him in to letting you videotape his workouts and put it together and youtube it. he'll get laughed at so bad he'll probably quit going to the gym.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Dude, if you really want to get that guy good, go up to him and totally kiss his ass about his working out. Then talk him in to letting you videotape his workouts and put it together and youtube it. he'll get laughed at so bad he'll probably quit going to the gym.
    hahaha, that would be hilarious!!! He would prob go for it, he walks around like he is in the F*^*ing zone!!

I hate the guys that set up camp at 4 different machines to do there full body workout. wtf, pick a station.
    I just dealt with this the other day. A woman was doing multiple body parts in some sort of superset on five machines/areas. That included two different triceps exercises (bar and rope) for which she took up BOTH machines. She must have just read about this in some magazine that didn't include a paragraph about how to not be a f*cking douche at the gym.

This is especially annoying as my gym is nice, but small because it is just for residents of the building. It isn't a big commercial gym that has redundant machines.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I just dealt with this the other day. A woman was doing multiple body parts in some sort of superset on five machines/areas. That included two different triceps exercises (bar and rope) for which she took up BOTH machines. She must have just read about this in some magazine that didn't include a paragraph about how to not be a f*cking douche at the gym.

This is especially annoying as my gym is nice, but small because it is just for residents of the building. It isn't a big commercial gym that has redundant machines.
    You should see some of the douches over at one of the LVACs. I think the commercial gyms get even more of them.

hahaha, that would be hilarious!!! He would prob go for it, he walks around like he is in the F*^*ing zone!!
    See you should do this. I'll even help you get a torrent for Adobe Premiere so you can edit it and make it look professional.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    OK so as most of you know I live in the Middle East and these people here think they are the most knowledgful of all the world when it comes to exercises. For example, they will slide the pully all the way to the bottom of the machine close to the floor, pull the weight until they are laying on the ground chest up and will do curls. I asked a guy why all the hassle of this exercise, he stated it builds bigger biceps more-so than the standard standing bicep BB curls. I am raising my BS flag on this one, but these people think the more complicated they make the exercise the more effect its having. WTF

This is what I hate: also we have these (3) guys that will go to the leg press machine and load 10 plates on each side. One guy doing the actual exercise, and one each on either side of the machine for support looool. When the exerciser is doing a rep the 2 on either side are pushing the part where the exercisers feet are to assist him and are grunting louder than the person doing the leg press. Now during the rep the exerciser may have a 6" movement total and call it a rep. IMO this is all show to get others attention. But these types of guys are what I like to call liars.

Also we have that guy who does 10 sets of one exercise on the same machine, and after each set he will completely change out all the weight on the machine. Big waste of fvcking time, and it seems people here dont have what I call a base weight to start from.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.

It really chaps my ass to see those 350lb fat guys walking around at 30%+ BF; all bowed up with there arms out wide like they think they're the shit cause they just benched 350lbs. YOU'RE FAT!!! Who cares how much you bench DAMNIT!!!! Then I see them walkout the door like they own the place cause they're such a badass without even a glance at the cardio machines.
    LMFAOOOO. i see this many times. its hilarious. i dont hate them at all though. i find them funny. they always put a smile on my face. its funny to when they wear a singlet to and we can see all there blubber... like a seal.. and they walk around with there arms so wide apart. i dont hate them one bit,they are truly hilarious. i love people like that. every single time, i crack a smile..

----------------------------------

-------------
    i hate when douchebags think they are tough and get in ur way in the mirror. i will doing spider curls on the bench and looking at myself in the mirror and some douchebag would walk in front of me when there is 6 feet of free space on the left side or right side and do some exercise looking at himself in the mirror. (and also blocking the dumbbell rack) as if he is trying to make me look like a ***** or something?

when really alot of em aint even t tough, id mop the floor with them if it was legal. This is part of the reason why i like to wear wife beaters to the gym. and not a hoodie. to let people recognize !!! if i wear a hoodie, u cant even tell that i workout because of the clothes hide my body and people think they can disrespect me or something. and get in my person space when lifting...

also douchebags who ask how many sets i have left when i am in the middle of a set or even greet me...

I will be in the middle of doing a set and then some little sh!t comes up to me and says "hey whats up man, hows it going" all because i was nice to him one time and he see's me all jacked and everything. im like bro im in the middle of a set, dont disturb my concentration (not out loud, but i say it in my head..)

or when a douche bag says how many sets u got left when i am in the middle of grunting and in the middle of a set. like wtf. dont disturb me when i am in the zone...

and also when people take the dumbbell weights from dumbbell rack and go upstairs with it and then leave it upstairs. or bring it somewhere and never return it. there will be like a dumbbell missing and its no where to be found...

and also lazy douchebags who load up like 10 plates on the leg press machine and do 1/4" ROM for 2-3 reps and then leave it for someone else to rack up the plates. fking douche bags. i wanna destroy them all. i wanna mop the floor with them all!!!!!

and also people who think its funny to smear sh!t all over the walls in the gym locker room. ill have to take a sh!t and ill go to the 1 toilet they have and there would be sh!t smeared on the wall or even on the floor. im trying to understand what type of animal does this.

oh yeah and douche bags that talk on the phone so loud at the gym and it messes with my concentration.

also i hate when i see kids that will change the weight on the machine and walk off. like i will see some kid in front of me on leg extention machine doing like 80lbs. then he will finish his set and quickly change the pin to 140 or 150 lbs and just walk away... when even that is light weight... so fail..
    Last edited by Twin; 06-03-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post

and also people who think its funny to smear sh!t all over the walls in the gym locker room. ill have to take a sh!t and ill go to the 1 toilet they have and there would be sh!t smeared on the wall or even on the floor. im trying to understand what type of animal does this.

oh yeah and douche bags that talk on the phone so loud at the gym and it messes with my concentration.
    WTF kind of gym do you go to? I've seen some sick shit before but never that bad.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    @ twin, that's all some funny sh*t and I have seen most all of it. We had some guy at my work many years ago who was doing the same thing, wiping sh*t on the stall walls and all over. Eventually security caught the MF and fired him. It was bad enough and enough complaints they stationed someone to hide and inspect the stalls ever time someone went in and out of the bathroom until he was caught. I cant imagine what makes someone do something like that, sick bastard.

I think I have only experienced someone walking between me and the mirror a couple of times and generally I say something like REALLY? I have been asked only 1x by someone whats the problem? Why do I have to watch myself and I simply say because I concentrate on FORM, unlike yourself doing 1/2 assed curls and they just get pissed and walk away but I accomplished my task.

I do my best not to talk to anyone 99% of the time so most of the time no one bothers me. Nice thing about working nights is typically I'm the only one at the gym also.

doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    @ twin, that's all some funny sh*t and I have seen most all of it. We had some guy at my work many years ago who was doing the same thing, wiping sh*t on the stall walls and all over. Eventually security caught the MF and fired him. It was bad enough and enough complaints they stationed someone to hide and inspect the stalls ever time someone went in and out of the bathroom until he was caught. I cant imagine what makes someone do something like that, sick bastard.

I think I have only experienced someone walking between me and the mirror a couple of times and generally I say something like REALLY? I have been asked only 1x by someone whats the problem? Why do I have to watch myself and I simply say because I concentrate on FORM, unlike yourself doing 1/2 assed curls and they just get pissed and walk away but I accomplished my task.

I do my best not to talk to anyone 99% of the time so most of the time no one bothers me. Nice thing about working nights is typically I'm the only one at the gym also.
    Not gym related but similar one time when I was a sophmore I went to the bathroom and all over the walls some one had smeared sh*t with there hands you could literally see the handprints in it so I looked in the stall and it was everywere there were large turd chanks on the floor like the kid completly missed the toilet and just picked it up and wiped it all over. Now this end of the school has a few classrooms for the metally handicapped kids so I'm just taking a guess one of them did it . I walked back to class and started saying there's sh*t everywhere theres sh*t all over the walls you know like father from dumb and dumberer my teacher got mad and thought I was joking till I showed some of the other kids in class and then they had to closedown the bathroom and call a janitor. I really feel sorry for whoever had to clean that .

Twin is offline Associate Member
    WTF kind of gym do you go to? I've seen some sick shit before but never that bad.
    i go to golds gym. Its pretty clean and nice for the most part. It is very crowded though. If you go from 4 pm - 7 pm. its hard to get a good workout in because most of the time the dumbbells will be in use, all benches taken with lines of people waiting. etc. its a mad house. so you get all sorts of people in the gym.

but someone decides to fk with the bathroom every now and then. I saw sh!t on the floor 2 times. And only once there was sh!t stains/smeared on the walls in the toilet stall in the locker room. but luckily this time i didnt have to go take a crap at the time, I was just washing my face after working out and i just smelt something HORRIBLE. I took a peek in there and there it was... Most disgusting thing i ever seen... DISGUSTING. .

And another time I didnt see it but when i went in they had a staff member blocking the entrance to the locker room. im like whats going on? and the guy said that someone rubbed crap all over the walls and that they were cleaning it up... And they said its not the first time either.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

thats awesome. Was the guy a little slow? Or was he like a normal person? And was your job able to press charges or anything? it would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    i go to golds gym. Its pretty clean and nice for the most part. It is very crowded though. If you go from 4 pm - 7 pm. its hard to get a good workout in because most of the time the dumbbells will be in use, all benches taken with lines of people waiting. etc. its a mad house. so you get all sorts of people in the gym.

but someone decides to fk with the bathroom every now and then. I saw sh!t on the floor 2 times. And only once there was sh!t stains/smeared on the walls in the toilet stall in the locker room. but luckily this time i didnt have to go take a crap at the time, I was just washing my face after working out and i just smelt something HORRIBLE. I took a peek in there and there it was... Most disgusting thing i ever seen... DISGUSTING. .

And another time I didnt see it but when i went in they had a staff member blocking the entrance to the locker room. im like whats going on? and the guy said that someone rubbed crap all over the walls and that they were cleaning it up... And they said its not the first time either.
    Fvcking savages, Man. I'm glad I never saw that shit. But then again, I just use the locker room to change. I never shower or shit at the gym so I luckily never would see something like that up close. But I figured people would be adults. If I saw shit caked on the walls, I'd probably hoark.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    When people do the same exercise you do and try to lift the same weight you do only to fail miserably and hurt themselves. I kind of end up feeling bad.... almost... nah. I also hate when you can't tell if they are having sex with the machine or working out I mean really those are tricep extensions not hump the pole wtf are you doing. I really hate it when the weekend warrior comes in with his entire body covered in sweatbands like to the point where he is wearing them on his ears and freaking fingers and then starts a conversation with you..... dude I do not want to be seen in public talking to you and no I do not have advice for you other than wear something else christ. I cannot stand people who read something on bodybuilding forum and think it is absolute law. My friends were like we are working out chest and shoulders on the same day twice a week it is supposed to build more mass! What... the... crap..... one guy with them is fat as crap and when one of the strong one's was repping 225 hes like I shouldn't do it but i'll try. He then proceeds to do 2 reps with his legs looking like he is having a seizure and then is like yeah I can do that next time when I am not tired. WTF IT IS ONLY YOUR THIRD SET ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    When people do the same exercise you do and try to lift the same weight you do only to fail miserably and hurt themselves. I kind of end up feeling bad.... almost... nah. I also hate when you can't tell if they are having sex with the machine or working out I mean really those are tricep extensions not hump the pole wtf are you doing. I really hate it when the weekend warrior comes in with his entire body covered in sweatbands like to the point where he is wearing them on his ears and freaking fingers and then starts a conversation with you..... dude I do not want to be seen in public talking to you and no I do not have advice for you other than wear something else christ. I cannot stand people who read something on bodybuilding forum and think it is absolute law. My friends were like we are working out chest and shoulders on the same day twice a week it is supposed to build more mass! What... the... crap..... one guy with them is fat as crap and when one of the strong one's was repping 225 hes like I shouldn't do it but i'll try. He then proceeds to do 2 reps with his legs looking like he is having a seizure and then is like yeah I can do that next time when I am not tired. WTF IT IS ONLY YOUR THIRD SET ARE YOU SERIOUS.
    Does that shit really bother you? I mean I for one don't give a shit what other people do in the gym as long as they're not interfering with my workout. I get annoyed when people start talking to me in there while I'm trying to get something done. But if it was while I was getting ready to leave or something, I don't think I'd get angry. I don't judge people on their appearances usually anyways.

Yeah when the guy with 100 sweatbands starts talking to me it annoys the piss out of me. Why the hell do I want to be seen talking to this jackoff, he is trying to curl double what he can and is swinging around his body like an imbecile. People rarely talk to me because I usually have this pissed off look on my face because I really just do not want to be bothered, but there is always some moron who will still try to chat with me. Yes it does bother me when people try to lift way more than they can and throw dumbbells around all over the place. WHAM I JUST DROPPED THE 90lb DUMBBELLS AFTER FLAT PRESSING THEM 5 TIMES I AM HE MAN. No you are most definitely not and quit dropping light weight it makes you look stupid.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    When I'm doing cardio and I'm on the elliptical going strong 10-15min in at a incline of 7 and resistance of 12.... and some friggin jamoke gets on the one next to me and pedals faster than me...like till the the machine looks like its shaking and I notice it's on incline 1 and resistance 1 ???? WTF...really
    O then I'm doing legs...leg press final set of 800 for good reps x15 to my chest, i get off and theres some old guy all over the machine trying to read the warning label, and comes out with the stupid as comment I think your exceeding the machine limit. K a childiss attempt at clever humor, haha...I pumped ol man get the fuk away from me, your creepin me out man. then he gets n the machine adds like 500 and does like 3in motion reps....??? surrounded by idots, the guy was like 60///must of been homo. or ust off his meds.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    when you walk past people and you hear "roids"
    the other day i was doing 400kg on the leg press and this couple on the machines directly behind me about 2m away talking in Croatian saying that im on steroids , lol just because your using a different language doesn't mean i dont know what or who your talking about. although i kinda took it as a compliment since im not on aas and never done a cycle...yet... lol get fkd

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    when you walk past people and you hear "roids"
    the other day i was doing 400kg on the leg press and this couple on the machines directly behind me about 2m away talking in Croatian saying that im on steroids, lol just because your using a different language doesn't mean i dont know what or who your talking about. although i kinda took it as a compliment since im not on aas and never done a cycle...yet... lol get fkd
    You should have done like on one of the recent car commercials where the husband and wife are speaking Japanese in front of the car salesman thinking he cant understand them until he says something to them in Japanese. They would have quite embarrassed and the look on their face priceless.

^^^ This I have done that before at my job.

the shit wipers that get caught need2not be let go and ushered straight to the lab that being their last public outing

Blog Entries
    Maaan, the PE class goers are getting old. Since school is out there is a shit ton of these turds at the gym. Maaaan, they are fvcking stupid. . . . They all stand around one bench for 20 minutes doing damn near nothing but taking up space.

My wife and I went to the gym in our building the other night and found a group of teens that I had never seen before. Two seemed to be "killing it," two were watching and one was mostly outside texting. The two that were killing it really were working hard. Unfortunately they were twigs but talking tough and being super hard core to the max...dude. No problem, they are kids - happy to see them lifting.

The problem was the huge pile of In-N-Out burger bags and line of soda cups. My first reaction was to pick them up and throw them away, but most of them were still full of multiple burgers and fries. My second reaction was to tell them to get their pile of crap out of the gym, but I never act like a jerk in front of my wife. Being a tough guy is not something she is impressed by. So I resorted to plan C - making fun of the food with a couple of other guys that I see at the gym all the time.

The kids that were lifting wrapped up what they were doing, grabbed their food, apologized for the smell and said they would leave it outside next time. I hope to see them back at the the gym without their loser friends.

Blog Entries
    Almost forgot. . . The best ever.

There is a StarBucks right outside the gym. I love seeing the fat chix or fat old dudes waddling around with a giant over priced coffee thing in their hand < good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    the shit wipers that get caught need2not be let go and ushered straight to the lab that being their last public outing
    What? English? =)

Thread Information