Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

People who feel they're entitled to some form of special recognition or award because they think they're the only one who does squats.

People that not only cut the sleeves off their t shirt, but cut a 6" wide track out of the shirt from the armpit all the way down to the bottom of the hem of the shirt.

AllAmerican-PCS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    You obviously don't have serious injuries. I was out of the gym for six years with a spinal injury and got back to the gym January of last year. In probably October, I tried squats for the first time (on the Smith machine, and lighter than my bench) and my fingers felt like needles were being pushed into them after every set. My hands were numb for a couple of days after. I will try again in six months...so I currently don't squat at all, and when I do it will be on the Smith machine at less than my bench. They will probably be one legged squats so I only have to deal with half as much weight compressing my spine, but promise to go deep, just for you.

You sound like you are in your 20s, and I envy that.

I did get a little carried away, and I should of clarified a little better, but I answered that after just coming back from the gym and had a bad day. lol I do appologise if I have offended anyone, but YES YOU ARE RIGHT, if you had a really serious injury than squatting is very limited to what you can handle. I am 27 going on 28 (shit i just realized I am coming up on 30 FU#K) anyways reverse hypers, hard ab work and box squatting has done wonders for people who have problems like yourself and are a great way to get back into the squatting game. STAY STRONG and HEALTHY MY FRIENDS

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    People who worry more about what others are doing instead of worrying about themselves.

I am guessing you are somewhere on that squat list......I do appolagize if I have offended you, but you forgot to quote everyone else complaining about people in the gym on this thread.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nope , I don't get offended easily and it really was supposed to be a humorous stab at this whole thread even though I did quote you. Carry on and enjoy.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hate it when there are a group of like 5 ppl using 2-3 machines at once ugh....

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Hate it when there are a group of like 5 ppl using 2-3 machines at once ugh....
    Yea and they are wanking each other off, really amusing. I love to cut and double the weight on whatever they are doing and walk away...

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    When you come in too early and it's nothing but soccer moms and grandparents
    When you come in right after work is out and there's barely enough room to warm up
    When 10 kids all crowd around one machine and take turns
    When all the hot women stare at my junk.......
    Oh wait, I rather enjoy it

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nkyle90 View Post
    When all the hot women stare at my junk.......
    Ok how big is it? DCM will want to know.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by nkyle90 View Post
    When you come in too early and it's nothing but soccer moms and grandparents
    Shlt this is the best time to be in the Gym in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    People who feel they're entitled to some form of special recognition or award because they think they're the only one who does squats.

People that not only cut the sleeves off their t shirt, but cut a 6" wide track out of the shirt from the armpit all the way down to the bottom of the hem of the shirt.

Did some recon at the gym this morning and managed to get a shot of this guy.

I couldn't get a pic of him from the front without being obvious but he cut so much out of the sides of the shirt that his nipples were showing.

To be honest I kind of hope he's a member here and sees this and realizes what a fvcking douche he is.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    ^^^Some overweight guy did that the other day in the gym. I don't know why because all you could see was his blubber.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Shlt this is the best time to be in the Gym in my opinion.
    I say go even earlier when there no one there but the cleaning staff.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    In my gym we Got 2 barbell racks with 5 on each side on each rack..douche picks one up and doesn't back away move to the side take the barbell away from the rack whatsoever just starts repping cuz ofcourse nobody will need the other 4 bb's on the side he was blocking

Nope , I don't get offended easily and it really was supposed to be a humorous stab at this whole thread even though I did quote you. Carry on and enjoy.
    Cool......Stay Strong and Healthly

[/B]

I couldn't get a pic of him from the front without being obvious but he cut so much out of the sides of the shirt that his nipples were showing.

To be honest I kind of hope he's a member here and sees this and realizes what a fvcking douche he is.

Ronnie Coleman was pissed that someone stole his shirt the other day. I think you just found it for him, better go tell this kid to WATCH HIS BACK!!!! =)

Razor is offline Banned
    All time best one
    "Girls that think they are hot"
    And their not
    Thats got to be the worst
    "DUDE IM NOT LOOKING AT YOU"

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    What kind of barbarian cuts up their own shirts? You can purchase shirts for working out that have nice seams at the edges and don't look like a rag.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican-PCS View Post
    I did get a little carried away, and I should of clarified a little better, but I answered that after just coming back from the gym and had a bad day. lol I do appologise if I have offended anyone, but YES YOU ARE RIGHT, if you had a really serious injury than squatting is very limited to what you can handle. I am 27 going on 28 (shit i just realized I am coming up on 30 FU#K) anyways reverse hypers, hard ab work and box squatting has done wonders for people who have problems like yourself and are a great way to get back into the squatting game. STAY STRONG and HEALTHY MY FRIENDS
    Naw, I wasn't offended. Just making a point...and being a smart *ss.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    [/B]

I just saw a guy like that yesterday...what was even more stupid was that he was wearing that thing over a regular t shirt...I simply didn't get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr.

Yea and they are wanking each other off, really amusing. I love to cut and double the weight on whatever they are doing and walk away...
    Lmao I've done the same

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Come to a college town in florida. The cut up shirts are ridiculous and they are everywhere

xelnaga is offline Banned
    How about the guys that come in wearing a hoodie- then after a few mins the hoodie is missing and they are wearing 1/8th of a t shirt.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yeah but florida weather its brutal...should be aloud to be shirtless with a towel there...

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Come to a college town in florida. The cut up shirts are ridiculous and they are everywhere
    LOL. I'm in a college town too. This guy is just one of hundreds who wears 1/10 of a shirt, goes on an oral only cycle, and then walks around with his elbows bent at a 90 degree angle like he's too big to straighten out his arms and put them down at his side when he's like 160lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga
    How about the guys that come in wearing a hoodie- then after a few mins the hoodie is missing and they are wearing 1/8th of a t shirt.
    I go in wearing a hoodie and normally wear it all the way through until I do cardio

xelnaga is offline Banned
    When guys hog the couches. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExpensiveGym2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	120145

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    I go in wearing a hoodie and normally wear it all the way through until I do cardio
    I always wear over sized sweatshirts with my gym paints, People think you are small when they size you up cause they cant see what you got underneath, until you grab the dumbbells that are 50lbs(per arm) over what they are doing. Funny sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    When guys hog the couches. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExpensiveGym2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	120145
    WTF!!!!!! LMAO must be planet fitness!!!!

Speaking of Planet Fitness, was visiting a friend once out in Cali, and he had a membership to that gym, When we got there, as I was walking in that LUNK alarm went off, 5 min later agian, about another 10 min went by it went off agian, LEFT AFTER THE LAST ONE and never went back and told him he lost his MAN CARD!!!!!!!!!

-GYMS THAT THINK THEY ARE GYMS is another one to add

androbolic_09 is offline Associate Member
    When some asshat changes the channel on the tv you were watching while doing cardio. and puts it on some redneck hunting shyt.

doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    When everyone is next to each other at the dumbell rack and one guy is talking really loud about how he likes to stick his togue up a certain chicks ass an lick up her shlt as his fetish and doesn't take into account the other 4 people around him . This happend yesterday I kid you not I'm gonna start buying headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    When everyone is next to each other at the dumbell rack and one guy is talking really loud about how he likes to stick his togue up a certain chicks ass an lick up her shlt as his fetish and doesn't take into account the other 4 people around him . This happend yesterday I kid you not I'm gonna start buying headphones.
    Yeah well if he keeps doing that, he will be out of the gym for awhile with a nice case of E. coli...

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by androbolic_09 View Post
    When some asshat changes the channel on the tv you were watching while doing cardio. and puts it on some redneck hunting shyt.

LMFAO....it was probably me that turned it to the "redneck" channel. I know what you mean though, ask before you change some elses TV channel.

Razor is offline Banned
    People that stare...

LOL. I'm in a college town too. This guy is just one of hundreds who wears 1/10 of a shirt, goes on an oral only cycle, and then walks around with his elbows bent at a 90 degree angle like he's too big to straighten out his arms and put them down at his side when he's like 160lbs.
    You should see the gym on a THursday, Friday, or Saturday around 6:30. Everyone comes in for their arm pump in their cutoff shirt, wearing straps around but never doing any major pulling exercise, and flexing in the mirror doing the whole im too big to stand with my arms down and my traps relaxed. I call it the pre bar crowd

Razor is offline Banned
    You should see the gym on a THursday, Friday, or Saturday around 6:30. Everyone comes in for their arm pump in their cutoff shirt, wearing straps around but never doing any major pulling exercise, and flexing in the mirror doing the whole im too big to stand with my arms down and my traps relaxed. I call it the pre bar crowd
    lmao, there trying to get huge b4 the bar? little do they know, girls could give a rats ass how big their arms are.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    lmao, there trying to get huge b4 the bar? little do they know, girls could give a rats ass how big their arms are.
    Exactly but they think if they have hit the dumbell rack for some curls a few hours before that they will pull more girls. This is the best time to do legs for me. The squat racks are wide open, with the exception of the other week when two guys (of course in cutoffs wearing gloves, carrying a gallon of what i swear looked like sweet tea) are at a rack with a 5 on each side of an olympic bar doing 8 sets of curls.

LMFAO....it was probably me that turned it to the "redneck" channel. I know what you mean though, ask before you change some elses TV channel.
    Im from Louisiana, so i get my fair share of redneck, but I just dont wanna watch some old geezers sitting in a tree stand for 30 mins. haha. I want something to keep my mind off of the cardio thought. but oh well, they make ipods... and ill be d@mnd if someone changes my ipod track.

Razor is offline Banned
    Exactly but they think if they have hit the dumbell rack for some curls a few hours before that they will pull more girls. This is the best time to do legs for me. The squat racks are wide open, with the exception of the other week when two guys (of course in cutoffs wearing gloves, carrying a gallon of what i swear looked like sweet tea) are at a rack with a 5 on each side of an olympic bar doing 8 sets of curls.
    You must live in Miami or something where they put on t shirts and go out
    I've been to St.Pete, the gyms are empty, no one cares about barbell curls much less gym time.

Not Miami. Tallahassee which is a college town and many kids from South Florida do go here. So that whole culture is up here.

Razor is offline Banned
    You been to St. Pete? Bunch of Hippies and Yuppies

Thread Information