Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Hungry, but lazy. This should hold me for a few hours, but don't really feel like heating it up. This stuff self-warms in the belly, right?
    Had a shake about 2.5 hours ago and a few ounces of almonds about 4 hours ago. Still have about 50g of plain bite size shredded wheat with cinnamon and Splenda if needed.
    If food is more than a day old I prefer to eat it cold.
    almostgone and songdog like this.

Song Nacho. Coffees getting cold.
    NACH3 and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm up now - and have clients later
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-27-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    Capebuffalo and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning Marcus, AG, Cape, song - yeah where's the coffee at man & D

Delts traps are sore as hell... tris too! Hopefully legs today a tad later

Kickass everyone

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Good morning to you all!! I was hoping it was Friday, but not yet. So ready for the weekend.

Laying in bed still....sleepy, but I have quads so I've got to get up and get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well went in for shoulders. Warmed them up well. Grabbed the 15's for side laterals. Going to knock out some high reps. It felt heavy and reps were low.
    Ok smith military. Did bar only. Felt good. Put quarters on felt heavy low reps. I'm thinking what the hell. Reverse pec dec. Lower weight. Felt low higher reps.
    Seated lateral machine. Low weight felt heavy. Low reps. B.B. Front raises. Super low weight super low reps. Felt heavy as hell. Shoulder is killing me. Not the stabbing pain. Just a dull ache that radiates to the pec tie in. I'll keep on trucking. Just sucks.
    NACH3, Sfla80 and clarky. like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning Marcus Cape Nach D Ag Clarky.Dam! it felt good too sleep in 0830 well time for chores right after I lets the ladies out for the day and collect the eggs.Back today!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Well went in for shoulders. Warmed them up well. Grabbed the 15's for side laterals. Going to knock out some high reps. It felt heavy and reps were low.
    Ok smith military. Did bar only. Felt good. Put quarters on felt heavy low reps. I'm thinking what the hell. Reverse pec dec. Lower weight. Felt low higher reps.
    Seated lateral machine. Low weight felt heavy. Low reps. B.B. Front raises. Super low weight super low reps. Felt heavy as hell. Shoulder is killing me. Not the stabbing pain. Just a dull ache that radiates to the pec tie in. I'll keep on trucking. Just sucks.
    Thats how mine went the first time or two after I quit using d'bells, Cape. I think it just takes a little while to find the groove because I'm slowly increasing weight and also I imagine there is still some healing going on. Grabbing the seatbelt behind me using my left hand can be a eye opener, as well?
    On the delt/pec tie in, have you tried some gentle stretching after lifting? I use bands before lifting, after that I grab a broomstick, cup my hand over one end of the handle, and with the other hand, I push the the broom handle upwards and to the rear for a nice, easy stretch. After I lift, I do the same thing and also grab a Smythe machine upright or power rack up right with my hand at shoulder level, and slowly twist away in the direction that gives me a little stretch.
    Keep in mind, I don't kill it to see how much pain I can take, I just get that good feeling like things are coming "unstuck". IDK, might be worth a try?
    I'm betting that your b'bell work will improve with a few more sessions. It is just so damn difficult to find your groove and get a good contraction with b'bells when you're used to working with d'bells, or at least it is for me.

Edit: Also, I think the side laterals off of a cable do me better right now vs. d'bells.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-27-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    Sfla80 and AKD_FitChick like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Thats how mine went the first time or two after I quit using d'bells, Cape. I think it just takes a little while to find the groove because I'm slowly increasing weight and also I imagine there is still some healing going on. Grabbing the seatbelt behind me using my left hand can be a eye opener, as well?
    On the delt/pec tie in, have you tried some gentle stretching after lifting? I use bands before lifting, after that I grab a broomstick, cup my hand over one end of the handle, and with the other hand, I push the the broom handle upwards and to the rear for a nice, easy stretch. After I lift, I do the same thing and also grab a Smythe machine upright or power rack up right with my hand at shoulder level, and slowly twist away in the direction that gives me a little stretch.
    Keep in mind, I don't kill it to see how much pain I can take, I just get that good feeling like things are coming "unstuck". IDK, might be worth a try?
    I'm betting that your b'bell work will improve with a few more sessions. It is just so damn difficult to find your groove and get a good contraction with b'bells when you're used to working with d'bells, or at least it is for me.

Edit: Also, I think the side laterals off of a cable do me better right now vs. d'bells.
    Thx Ag. I'll give it all ago. It can only help.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hope it helps, Cape. If.you figure out how.to get a decent contraction on b'bell bench press, how.about helping an old man out and shoot the info my way, please.
    Capebuffalo and Sfla80 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Dang sorry to hear that Cape........gotta rest that shoulder.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi Fellas/Ladies, did shoulders earlier it went good. Simple heavy to the point.

Seated press 1 working +rp DD

Rev cable fly pre ex

Rev pec dec 2 working 1 drop

Standing db side raises 1 working TD

Cardio

Done, as i said simple but heavy. Wee mix up the mora and sat, going to do back/bi's then chest/tri's on sat. I never do two muscle groups but just for something different to shake it up so only a few ex on each. Will be training with ma mate from work so back at his gym, great place.

Weights are still on the up, slowly but still on the up, didn't eat to great when a was off fat fuck a know but that's life eh.

Hope all is good with everyone.

Super busy day! FRICK! Here I am to update lift.

So knee was giving me a little slack this morning. Did the warm up on the leg ext.

Hack Squat super set with BB Walking lunges
    warm
    s1 270
    s2 300
    drop 270

Walking Lunges - 4 sets of 20 using BB
    s1 50
    s2 60
    s3 70lb (I went for it. It was harder to lift over my head then to lunge it. I liked it)
    s4 60

Leg Press
    warm
    s1 450 5 reps (knee could not do it......I dropped the weight and just kept going to legs shaking, dropped weight and shook those legs again)
    s2 360 - 20 reps
    s3 270 - 25 reps
    s4 270 - 20 reps
    I know this is not normal but I still fatigued myself.

Leg Ext.
    Warm
    s1 160
    s2 170 4 reps clean (my high so far)
    triple drop sets to failure

Deep (ass to ground or close to) squats on the smith
    3 sets

Abs with wide leg DB squats, ass to ground
    3 sets

I was toast......

that was a total of 80 lunges today.....how low can you go? LOL

That's all I had today guys. May rest tomorrow, but I am missing my back workout so much....it's my favorite.

All righty hope you all are having a happy day!!!
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-27-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi Fellas/Ladies, did shoulders earlier it went good. Simple heavy to the point.

Seated press 1 working +rp DD

Rev cable fly pre ex

Rev pec dec 2 working 1 drop

Standing db side raises 1 working TD

Cardio

Done, as i said simple but heavy. Wee mix up the mora and sat, going to do back/bi's then chest/tri's on sat. I never do two muscle groups but just for something different to shake it up so only a few ex on each. Will be training with ma mate from work so back at his gym, great place.

Weights are still on the up, slowly but still on the up, didn't eat to great when a was off fat fuck a know but that's life eh.

Hope all is good with everyone.
    Great job!! I like your honestly!!! It's very refreshing.....Simple and Heavy is really all you need.
    clarky. likes this.

Cape, i always thought i had a fucked rotator cuff about a year or so ago. I was in so much pain, i mostly got it when going db chest press db flys but also side raises front ect. Anyway i went to the doc and she sent me to the physio and she did a few simple movements and said it is not you RC it is you pec delt tie in.
    This is when the pec attaches to the bone under the front delt, so she gave me a few simple exercises to do i stopped training chest, and trained delts really really light for about a month or so and am ok now.

I very rarely get any niggle from it now. Just say mate might be better in the long run to ease off or go very very light, you know yourself you lift heavy so it's only going to make it worse.
    Capebuffalo, Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post

So knee was giving me a little slack this morning. Did the warm up on the leg ext.

warm
    s1 270
    s2 300
    drop 270

s1 50
    s2 60
    s3 70lb (I went for it. It was harder to lift over my head then to lunge it. I liked it)
    s4 60

Leg Press
    warm
    s1 450 5 reps (knee could not do it......I dropped the weight and just kept going to legs shaking, dropped weight and shook those legs again)
    s2 360 - 20 reps
    s3 270 - 25 reps
    s4 270 - 20 reps

Leg Ext.
    Warm
    s1 160

3 sets

3 sets

I was toast......

That's all I had today guys. May rest tomorrow, but I am missing my back workout so much....it's my favorite.

Nice session Fit. They legs are going to be so lol, solid weight Fit.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Great job!! I like your honestly!!! It's very refreshing.....Simple and Heavy is really all you need.
    Thank you.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

AG, just read about your wee accident with your head and some iron. Tut tut, see what happens when the wife leaves you to play alone haha.

I'll fire you a email mate hope your well.
    AKD_FitChick, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Cape, i always thought i had a fucked rotator cuff about a year or so ago. I was in so much pain, i mostly got it when going db chest press db flys but also side raises front ect. Anyway i went to the doc and she sent me to the physio and she did a few simple movements and said it is not you RC it is you pec delt tie in.
    This is when the pec attaches to the bone under the front delt, so she gave me a few simple exercises to do i stopped training chest, and trained delts really really light for about a month or so and am ok now.

I very rarely get any niggle from it now. Just say mate might be better in the long run to ease off or go very very light, you know yourself you lift heavy so it's only going to make it worse.
    Interesting. What were the excersises?

warm
    s1 270
    s2 300
    drop 270

s1 50
    s2 60
    s4 60

Leg Press
    warm
    s2 360 - 20 reps
    s3 270 - 25 reps
    s4 270 - 20 reps

Leg Ext.
    Warm
    s1 160

3 sets

3 sets

I was toast......

Ass in the grass. I love it. Good clean hard work. You killed it again.

If you got 70 lbs over your head for lunges I think you can for shoulders. Just sayin .

You've had a hell of a week with no weekend. Take tomorrow. Rest and refuel.
    Sfla80, AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

Ass in the grass. I love it. Good clean hard work. You killed it again.

If you got 70 lbs over your head for lunges I think you can for shoulders. Just sayin .

You've had a hell of a week with no weekend. Take tomorrow. Rest and refuel.
    I knew you were going to call me out on that......I did say barely.....lol. I will work my way up, not go crazy (like you)....that's how injuries occur.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

I knew you were going to call me out on that......I did say barely.....lol. I will work my way up, not go crazy (like you)....that's how injuries occur.
    Didn't you put 65's up for reps yesterday?
    We got to keep you healthy. You're doing to well to get sidelined.

Didn't you put 65's up for reps yesterday?
    We got to keep you healthy. You're doing to well to get sidelined.
    I did......4 reps.....lol. Cannot get sidelined. I cannot ever get sidelined again. I will always listen to my body, just like today with my knee......

If I can't lift, I go crazy!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Keep up the hard work everyone .

Really busy with work and my own projects but hopefully by tomorrow things will be better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Keep up the hard work everyone .

Really busy with work and my own projects but hopefully by tomorrow things will be better for me.
    Step out of your door. Look at that beautiful country Side and take a deep breath my friend.
    marcus300 likes this.

Step out of your door. Look at that beautiful country Side and take a deep breath my friend.
    I do all the time. Been raining today so its not been good but I'm going out soon with my camera

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I do all the time. Been raining today so its not been good but I'm going out soon with my camera
    You would hate to see what's 5 min from my house. Buildings traffic. You are in paradise.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What's up everyone!?

Just finished shoulders. Really good session.

Db press. 3w 1f 1w ( decided I wanted to get 85s today which isn't a pb but haven't done that in sometime now. So to be safe I ask a guy for a spot. Guy is in really good shape. Except only ever seen him work biceps. Well this freaking guy, starts grabbing my elbows while Dbs are still on my knees. So I have to tell him to hold on. Then once I started getting them up he starts to lift one elbow and not the other one. Almost killed myself. How do u go to the gym and not know how to spot? Anyways got them up with little help from numb nuts. Got 7 solid reps with no help.

Bent over db laterals 2w with partials

Ez bar up right rows 1f 2w

Straight set of db laterals into front raises 2w

Behind back cable laterals straight in rope face pulls. 2w

Was a good session after the shitty start

AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    What's up everyone!?

Just finished shoulders. Really good session.

Db press. 3w 1f 1w ( decided I wanted to get 85s today which isn't a pb but haven't done that in sometime now. So to be safe I ask a guy for a spot. Guy is in really good shape. Except only ever seen him work biceps. Well this freaking guy, starts grabbing my elbows while Dbs are still on my knees. So I have to tell him to hold on. Then once I started getting them up he starts to lift one elbow and not the other one. Almost killed myself. How do u go to the gym and not know how to spot? Anyways got them up with little help from numb nuts. Got 7 solid reps with no help.

Bent over db laterals 2w with partials

Ez bar up right rows 1f 2w

Straight set of db laterals into front raises 2w

Behind back cable laterals straight in rope face pulls. 2w

Was a good session after the shitty start

I don't ask anybody I don't know to spot me. I'll get hurt before they do.
    Nice work.
    Sfla80 likes this.

I don't ask anybody I don't know to spot me. I'll get hurt before they do.
    Nice work.
    Yeah I usually never do either. But db press is pretty much a need for a spot for me.

Why is it, I struggle to get the Dbs in the air, but once I get them up I get 7 reps? And I do a full ROM.? Smaller muscle group that's weak?

Also I don't know a single person at my gym. Couple of head nods to the regulars I always see. But seriously never spoken one word to anyone besides how many sets u have left or r u using this bench/weight lol.

AKD_FitChick likes this.

Oh any car salesman here in the dungeon? Lol.

Trying to turn my truck in tomorrow

AKD_FitChick likes this.

Yeah I usually never do either. But db press is pretty much a need for a spot for me.

Why is it, I struggle to get the Dbs in the air, but once I get them up I get 7 reps? And I do a full ROM.? Smaller muscle group that's weak?

Also I don't know a single person at my gym. Couple of head nods to the regulars I always see. But seriously never spoken one word to anyone besides how many sets u have left or r u using this bench/weight lol.

Since I hurt my shoulder I'm thinking about getting these.
    They would be great for shoulder or chest on a smith.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4683.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	169047
    Sfla80 and AKD_FitChick like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

You'll live without a spot. Guys like that will just get you hurt and/or pissed off. Just stand in front of the bench, bend your knees and rock the bells forward and back a couple times and basically use that momentum to power clean them up. Works like a charm.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Since I hurt my shoulder I'm thinking about getting these.
    They would be great for shoulder or chest on a smith.

Name:	IMG_4683.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	169047
    I've seen these a long time ago!

If u get them let me know how u like them

Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    You'll live without a spot. Guys like that will just get you hurt and/or pissed off. Just stand in front of the bench, bend your knees and rock the bells forward and back a couple times and basically use that momentum to power clean them up. Works like a charm.
    Nice kel I might try these.

But never tried heavy db press standing. Or do u mean, do that movement before sitting down?

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Nice kel I might try these.

But never tried heavy db press standing. Or do u mean, do that movement before sitting down?

Swing them up and then sit. I do it right in front of the bench. You'd be surprised how much weight you can swing up with a little arm momentum and leg drive. Always thought I probably lose a rep with the energy expenditure but that's life.
    Sfla80 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Swing them up and then sit. I do it right in front of the bench. You'd be surprised how much weight you can swing up with a little arm momentum and leg drive. Always thought I probably lose a rep with the energy expenditure but that's life.
    Heard that. Thanks kel will try this next week

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	931.7 KB 
ID:	169048

This will go into recipe thread . Pretty healthy

Teriyaki marinated pork loin.

Egg noodles Asian salad

Capebuffalo and AKD_FitChick like this.

Oh and yeah more freaking insurance problems. God I hate my new insurance. So I did order some of my bp meds from online. Cause I am having issues finding a cardio with new insurance.

Just so happens the other day gp called and asked if I was still taking my bystolic. Explained my situation and he called in a new script for me.

Well go to fill it and pick it up. Apparently my damn insurance won't cover this meds. Only generic form. So now have to figure this out now.

Not had coffee for weeks which means all hell is going to break loose when I do. I feel like a good fucking waffle to clear the pipes and drive my intensity for a workout. The day is coming the beast is being released some might not like what i have to say but fuk em lets waffle to feed our anger to destroy.

Thread Information