Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I would probably opt for the biopsy, especially if insurance is kicking in. It could help rule out several conditions.

They drew just a tad bit more blood than that when they sent me to the oncologist. Didn't think they were going to quit.

Do you have all of your hematology test results back yet?

How much test are you running? Have you considered dropping off for a few months and then have a CBC and iron panel pulled. Just a thought?
    I basically did see an oncologist. Mixed doctors all together. Cancer written everywhere when u walk in. Talk about panic attacks man. I didn’t realize it put 2/2 together.

Yes have all my tests back. PV came back negative. Everything else is good.

So my only other issue with getting the biopsy, is let’s say I do have PV. There is no cure. There’s only treatment.

Treatment is blood dumps and aspirin basically. Treatment differs with low/high risk patients. PV usually only happpens to elderly. So they are high riisk. I’m guessing I’m medium to low, which puts me at the treatment I just mentioned.

So with that treatment is basically what we do anyways to stay healthy in this game. Correct? Only thing I would do biopsy for is to see if there is anything else wrong, but blood and docs don’t see anything.

So how much test is challenging question lol. I was trt. My wife and I took a trip to Thailand ( and I blasted some to make sure I could get it up while over there. Not the smartest but yes that what I did.

Before the blood test, I stopped everything. It was about 40 days off everything when I gave blood. Hence the test levels coming back at 100.

I recently did start my first cycle in a very long time. Over 1.5 years. Doing 900 test weekly. And some var.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Igifuno likes this.

13.5 hr. shift today...booo! Probably going to turn some of it into comp time and sky up/ bail out a few hours early tomorrow.

Will start posting up my stupid therapy exercises or lifts that I can do. Should provide some comic relief if nothing else.
    Ag u injured?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Ag u injured?

Aww, just some nerve damage. Rehab goes real slow.
    Sfla80 and Igifuno like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I basically did see an oncologist. Mixed doctors all together. Cancer written everywhere when u walk in. Talk about panic attacks man. I didn’t realize it put 2/2 together.

Yes have all my tests back. PV came back negative. Everything else is good.

So my only other issue with getting the biopsy, is let’s say I do have PV. There is no cure. There’s only treatment.

Treatment is blood dumps and aspirin basically. Treatment differs with low/high risk patients. PV usually only happpens to elderly. So they are high riisk. I’m guessing I’m medium to low, which puts me at the treatment I just mentioned.

So with that treatment is basically what we do anyways to stay healthy in this game. Correct? Only thing I would do biopsy for is to see if there is anything else wrong, but blood and docs don’t see anything.

So how much test is challenging question lol. I was trt. My wife and I took a trip to Thailand ( and I blasted some to make sure I could get it up while over there. Not the smartest but yes that what I did.

Before the blood test, I stopped everything. It was about 40 days off everything when I gave blood. Hence the test levels coming back at 100.

I recently did start my first cycle in a very long time. Over 1.5 years. Doing 900 test weekly. And some var.

LOL, that's exactly how I felt when they sent me because I kept throwing blood clots.

You're treatment plan is basically what I do for clots since the anticoagulants don't work.

When you say you're bleeding, do you mean your passing blood when you go to the bathroom?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

LOL, that's exactly how I felt when they sent me because I kept throwing blood clots.

You're treatment plan is basically what I do for clots since the anticoagulants don't work.

When you say you're bleeding, do you mean your passing blood when you go to the bathroom?
    Yes sir. That’s what I meant. Didn’t want to get to descriptive lol.

Still happening too. Gotta be 6-7 months of it

Is it red or black?

Sounds like they examined you pretty good internally. I don't really have an answer, but welcome to the high octane club. About the only thing I can offer is what you already know; keep an eye on your blood work.

I'm in the same boat and have to watch bloods carefully since I'm so good at making clots.

Is it red or black?

Sounds like they examined you pretty good internally. I don't really have an answer, but welcome to the high octane club. About the only thing I can offer is what you already know; keep an eye on your blood work.

I'm in the same boat and have to watch bloods carefully since I'm so good at making clots.
    Red but not worried about that at all anymore. Just an annoyance at this point. Doc cleared me so .

And yeah, gonna get bloods regularly. I just wish the hemotologist would do dumps without getting the biopsy.

Do you know if u can order blood dumps on private md or something similar?

Proximal is offline Banned
    I’m always lean to the safe & conservative side, I’d opt for the biopsy.

Clarky, Sfla, great workouts.

Crappy weak for me (despite starting var), dealing with some issues that are sapping my energy, focus & sleep.

Have great weekends all!
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Red but not worried about that at all anymore. Just an annoyance at this point. Doc cleared me so .

And yeah, gonna get bloods regularly. I just wish the hemotologist would do dumps without getting the biopsy.

As far as I know, it's either donation, therapeutic draw with script from Dr., or self- phlebotomy. That's my strategy so far.
    I do check my ferritin level periodically. ..maybe 3 times/ year?

Yeah, red should be pretty close to the.... exit portal.

As far as I know, it's either donation, therapeutic draw with script from Dr., or self- phlebotomy. That's my strategy so far.
    I do check my ferritin level periodically. ..maybe 3 times/ year?
    Yeah I knew those 3, was hoping to get script off private md like how we can order our own bloods.

I’ll look around

Yeah I knew those 3, was hoping to get script off private md like how we can order our own bloods.

IÂ’ll look around

Option #4, which I also did. It's multi-layered plan that I fall back on if I can't get a good stick on my own:

Make friends with a phlebotomy student ( I changed a tire for her once and we kind of stayed in touch...Mrs. AG met her so all is cool), get my sister-in-law to help; she's an RN, and finally I also got to be pretty good friends with one of the phlebotomists at the blood bank.

With you being a chef, I bet you could have a slew of phlebotomists that would help you on exchange for a nice dinner that you drop off at their house.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to answer it if I can.

Don't forget... monitor your ferritin. If you have extra money, pull a complete iron panel. I do that once/year and check ferritin levels a few times throughout the year if I have Hgb values that are wonky.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-06-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Lmao good ideas AG, half wife’s family are nurses: but it’s trying to explain why, and plus wife is scared and wants biopsy:

I’ll figure it out. And I’ll stop clogging the thread with me bleeding

Lmao good ideas AG, half wife’s family are nurses: but it’s trying to explain why, and plus wife is scared and wants biopsy:

I’ll figure it out. And I’ll stop clogging the thread with me bleeding

Not clogging up the thread, brother. It's called discussing family business.
    Sfla80 and Proximal like this.

Chest today after work. Friday’s are my worst days. Always tired and not a lot of motivation. Motivation is my major set back “recently” and one of reasons I disappeared. Hard staying motivated.

Days like today are tough with my pain. Long day of work. On my feet, kills my back/leg. But working through it.

I don’t do any flat movements. Too much pressure and hard to get up and down off bench. I utilize pec/dec and cables for this.

Hammer strength decline
    Incline dB press. (Started pushing more weight recently and feeling good just weak)
    Incline dB fly
    Pec/dec
    Cable (free motion machine) straight sets high and even flies.

Wasn’t a bad session at all. But wasn’t a great. But at least I got in there and got the blood flowing.

Coming back here, reading everyone’s workouts, and postiiing mine are helping me get motivated again: thanks guys and gals for that.

almostgone and Igifuno like this.

Wanted to post a couple of my dinners recently. But can’t figure out the new app. Doesn’t give me option for my profile, and link to threads started .

I’ll figure it out soon.

almostgone and Igifuno like this.

Sfla. Bowing out because didn’t know AG is a MF’n DOCTOR!

DAMN!

I’ll just wait for some of your culinary creations.
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post

DAMN!

Ag is pretty damn wise in All areas lmao.

I’m trying to get some things up for u guys.

Might not be bodybuilding diets, but definitely for a night dinner with the mrs.

almostgone, Proximal and Igifuno like this.

DAMN!

Might not be bodybuilding diets, but definitely for a night dinner with the mrs.

Thanks guys, but I'm only sharing experience. Kel is the one with all the medical knowledge and wizardry!!

My Mom did want me to be a Dr. when I was a kid, because I was always reading her old medical books ( she was a RN). About all I managed to do is try to work my way through the PDR in high school.

I am semi-decent at home surgery.
    Proximal and Sfla80 like this.

Can’t wait! I remember your creations!
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Bedtime for me!
    Well not long for neither mate not much shut eye at thee fishing last night .
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

So with the move closer to work, my sous chef and I can at least work out on Sunday’s. He’s a young kid. Knows the basics of lifting. But doesn’t know failure, and how to grow. Does same thing over and over. So was excited to have a partner and show him some new stuff, and how to push himself.

Today was our first session together. We hit shoulders. We can really only workout on sundays. Cause if I’m off he is working, and vise versa. So every Sunday will be new body part. For me today’s session was one of the best sessions since coming back.

Hammer strength press, light / medium weight to get blood flowing

DB press (he’s afraid of going heavy, and always wants to hit 10-12 reps. So I made him go 10# heavier then he normally does) with a drop set.

Seated lateral dB raise with half’s and quarter reps

Under hand grip dB front raises.

Reverse hammer strength press (of course pulled a rear delt muscle, felt it instantly, said to
    Him just injured myself lol. Not bad, feels like u slept wrong and can’t turn ur neck)

Straight set of behind back smith shrugs and front shrugs.

Felt great . Went to post this Sunday and lost track. Remembered just now lol. Good thing ap saved all My typing .

Training is getting better. Now need to put more focus on diet.

almostgone, clarky. and Proximal like this.

Hi fellas/Girly, no session the night or the mora as i have work on at night.
    Back to it thursday though, hope your all doing well.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Welcome back Soflo!!!
    Sfla80 and Proximal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Welcome back Soflo!!!
    Ty girly! Missed this place!

Proximal likes this.

Yoga and 20 min treadmill.

I was off. Worst yoga attempt EVER.
    Sfla80, almostgone and Proximal like this.

Hi all.

Back on a cycle. Decent week of training/eating. Hope everyone is good.

Life’s expectations are a little subdued, turning 61 in a few. Life is fine. Dealing with some unexpected speed bumps, but they seem to put a smile on my face .
    almostgone and Sfla80 like this.

Hi fellas/Girly, Arms for me the day, sooooo fucking going to destroy them. .
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

Hi all.

Life’s expectations are a little subdued, turning 61 in a few. Life is fine. Dealing with some unexpected speed bumps, but they seem to put a smile on my face .
    Turning 55 in a few weeks myself. Just another number that puts me closer to retirement (hopefully).
    clarky., Sfla80, Proximal and 1 others like this.

Hi all.

Turning 55 in a few weeks myself. Just another number that puts me closer to retirement (hopefully).
    Yip, true AG just a number so we can retire and get our feet up. if all goes good..
    Proximal and almostgone like this.

Ok fellas/Girly i got arms destroyed today after work. Fuck it went so good.

*new weight* standing db curls 2 sets with RP drop 2 more sets drop 1 set

Incline db curl *new weight* 4 RP 4 more drop 2 more sets drop 1 more set

One arm cable curls 2 sets a side

Straight bare cable curl 1 big light set

Flat db skulls 2 sets drop 2 sets

French press 2 sets

Tri pd s bar 3 sets

Tri ex machine 3 sets

Done, soaked, fucked felt sick and starving.
    Sfla80, Proximal and GirlyGymRat like this.

The number of the years lose their meaning to a point, but they still are a reminder.

My heart is beating, I want to do shit. Hell, do you need anything else really? Bring it ON!
    almostgone and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Age is an attitude!!! Enjoy!!!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Ok fellas/Girly i got arms destroyed today after work. Fuck it went so good.

*new weight* standing db curls 2 sets with RP drop 2 more sets drop 1 set

Incline db curl *new weight* 4 RP 4 more drop 2 more sets drop 1 more set

One arm cable curls 2 sets a side

Straight bare cable curl 1 big light set

Flat db skulls 2 sets drop 2 sets

French press 2 sets

Tri pd s bar 3 sets

Tri ex machine 3 sets

Done, soaked, fucked felt sick and starving.
    Nice!!!

I’m back to weights. I need to lift!!!

3x15

Squats
    Sumo squats
    Lunges
    Glut machine
    Seat leg press
    Abductors
    Adductors
    Standing leg curl
    Seated calves

30 minutes incline treadmill
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Age is an attitude!!! Enjoy!!!
    Then I'm definitely still stuck in puberty.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Morning fellas/Girly, just about to start work . Shoulders for me tonight, report back later.

Hope everyone have a great weekend.
    almostgone likes this.

I’m still sore from Saturday. Gym on agenda Tuesday!
    almostgone, Proximal and clarky. like this.

Got in a great day today. Taking it one day at a time. Hope you are all well!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Day by day. Nailed back today.
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Thread Information