Page 545 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 454454955355405415425435445455465475485495505555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,800 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Ok guy a did back what a session it was stretching and wg pd for a warm up.

Wg pd oh grip 1 working +rp DD. **New weight**

Cg pd 1 working+rp TD

Straight arm pd 1 working DD

Seated row 1 working +rp DD.

T bar 1 working DD

Cardio 20 min and done.

Guy this was a fvcking screamer really. I just had ma tunes on had my thoughts and got it done.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Workouts haven't lost their intensity but all of a sudden my muscles are burning out faster, like yesterday's shoulder workout was not much different than the last but halfway through it my muscles were screaming in absolutely searing muscle pain. It's good pain, but I never experience it so soon. It stops me from pushing any harder. A sign of it being time for a pullback week?

222.5, 6', 34, 13.8% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Workouts haven't lost their intensity but all of a sudden my muscles are burning out faster, like yesterday's shoulder workout was not much different than the last but halfway through it my muscles were screaming in absolutely searing muscle pain. It's good pain, but I never experience it so soon. It stops me from pushing any harder. A sign of it being time for a pullback week?

Sounds like it - how long have you been going on your HIT routine(wks)?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Sounds like it - how long have you been going on your HIT routine(wks)?
    7.5 weeks since last pullback. 7 on HIT.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Listen to your body - I've heard Marcus(when one isn't on - every 6-8 wks I believe) - someone will chime in if I'm wrong - but listen to your body! I have a hard time w/this but am learning... Hope all is workin out

Listen to your body - I've heard Marcus(when one isn't on - every 6-8 wks I believe) - someone will chime in if I'm wrong - but listen to your body! I have a hard time w/this but am learning... Hope all is workin out
    Thanks Nach. It's so hard to pullback. Especially on the height of my blast...almost feel like your wasting that time pulling back.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Nach. It's so hard to pullback. Especially on the height of my blast...almost feel like your wasting that time pulling back.

You can still make gains on a pull back - your still going to failure just no beyond protocols - pre-exhaust will shock the hell outta your body! On cycle probly stimulate somekind of growth!

Do flies right into presses w/out putting them down.... To failure it's a good deal of pain my man!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Been awhile guys.

Took last week off. Went away for the weekend so work schedule was messed up and wasn't gonna have enough time for gym. So just took it as a good week rest period.

Went to a two day country concert wife got for our anniversary gift. 10 artist at a football stadium. Word of advise no country concerts with ur significant other. So much T&A everywhere!!! Never seen so many sexy ass women.

Feel flat and weak....but went back yesterday and had a good chest session. Hit style. Stopped my pull back because of the week off.

Today hit back.

Standing lat pull downs for warm ups.

Wide grip pulls 1 feel, 2w, DD

High pully hammer strength same as above

Low pulley 2w

Hard to explain this. Used hammer strength row machine. But stood where weight is loaded and used that to do bent over one arm rows. Feels great...get a good squeeze going. 2 working of that. No drops.

Hyper to finish.

Having a fvcked time at work right now. New GM is an ass. We are "partners" by title but he makes more and bonus more. Anyways he's a prick. And he only gets along with people that kisses his ass. And not about to do that. I've already been told I'm one of the best in company. So I have no need to prove myself. But at this point I honestly have the feeling he wants me gone and that he wants my asst to take over. So now I can't trust anyone.

Been in the same situation a couple of times, Sfla. I always rely on my talents/ skills vs. being an ass kisser to stand out, same as you.
    What seemed to get my mind off of the stress was that I decided a SOB is an SOB, no matter what and you can't change that. So just kick back and do what you do best and don't get caught up in the politics.
    It sounds like you have a great rep with the company you are with and that usually carries some weight. Besides, you know the guy that is causing you grief is doing it from insecurity.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Grab a week pullback and see how you feel if you've been full bore lifting for 7.5 weeks. Even if your body will keep going sometimes your mental reserves need a rest. (I know mine do).
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Busy night at work, but legs this evening. Looking forward to super setting front and rear hacks especially since I'm still slowly advancing working weight right now.

DOMS chest is in bits the day hahaha. Back is very stiff and has a dull ache so i'll suffer the mora a think good stuff

We are grooooowing guys we are all growing in here

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

If your still going strong and have zero signs of fatigue or over training keep on it. Your body will tell you when you need to pull back. All you need to do is lower the intensity.

I seem to go around 6-8 weeks then a pullback for a couple of weeks and I am on the starting blocks again

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    DOMS chest is in bits the day hahaha. Back is very stiff and has a dull ache so i'll suffer the mora a think good stuff

That's what we like to hear Wee man..........................
    clarky. likes this.

"I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it"

"Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths"
    Last edited by marcus300; 06-18-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Same here, Clarky. I picked up a fairly light piece chunk of cold roll earlier and pecs complained immediately.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Legs today for the first time in a month or so, between being busy and a bumb knee, I just haven't done them. Knee felt ok, had a funny crack during my calf raises at the beginning so I was careful the rest of the workout.

Stand calf: 1 warm, 2 working.

Seated calf press: 3 working.

Reverse hacks: 1 feel, 2 working.

Extension: 3 working.

Presses: 3 working.

Stiff deads: 3 working.

Bike for 15 min to cool down. Did 5 min on treadmill and stretching to warm up. All my sets were slow and controlled with a good squeeze at the top and deep stretch at the bottom, short rest between sets. Starting to wonder if my glute injections have caused some nerve issues due to some weird twinges in my heels and feet, especially on my left where the knee pain is. I have stopped that site for a while to see if it clears up and have been doing quads and delts. Damn I don't like those spots but I am concerned that therw may be a correlation to the knee/foot issues and the injections.

Shoulders tomorrow, will continue on my pullback and hit some volume.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Leg press inside and outside stance

Leg curls

Leg extensions

Lounges

Wall sits

40 minutes cardio and done

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    "I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it"

"Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths"
    Great quote! It definitely makes us who we are today!! And we've all got em!
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-18-2015 at 02:03 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Looks like ya beat me to it clarky... My legs are still sore from 3 days ago, and my arms yfrom yesterday are in bits finally gettin those DOMS on bis/tris!
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Very very true my big friend.

Ok guys just back from doing bi's it was a good session stretching and db curls for a warm up.

Standing db curls 1 working +rp DD

Incline db curls 1 working +rp DD

Db preacher 1 working 1 drop +2 neg a side

Cable curl 1 working DD

Cable hammer 2 working 1 drop

Done. Good burn good session guys

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Been in the same situation a couple of times, Sfla. I always rely on my talents/ skills vs. being an ass kisser to stand out, same as you.
    What seemed to get my mind off of the stress was that I decided a SOB is an SOB, no matter what and you can't change that. So just kick back and do what you do best and don't get caught up in the politics.
    It sounds like you have a great rep with the company you are with and that usually carries some weight. Besides, you know the guy that is causing you grief is doing it from insecurity.
    Thanks AG....was just told by him that I'm an asshole because I don't look him in the eye when I'm busy.

Years ago this would have gone differently. Now I have my family and a good job (most of the time lol) so changed my ways.

Plus side I did find out I make more $$ then him lol .

Really need to lift today to get rid of some of this stress. But stuck here for 13 hrs. Will freaking kill my shoulders tomorrow night!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Thanks AG....was just told by him that I'm an asshole because I don't look him in the eye when I'm busy.

Years ago this would have gone differently. Now I have my family and a good job (most of the time lol) so changed my ways.

Plus side I did find out I make more $$ then him lol .

Really need to lift today to get rid of some of this stress. But stuck here for 13 hrs. Will freaking kill my shoulders tomorrow night!
    Your killing him by not getting pissed(and raging etc)... If he this much of a dick, by you not getting aggressive or loud is making him more mad - it would me lol - and I give you credit for handling it the way you are!! Your work is clearly speaking for itself... Just kill the fvker w/kindness and he'll be the one that loses it!
    almostgone likes this.

You can still make gains on a pull back - your still going to failure just no beyond protocols - pre-exhaust will shock the hell outta your body! On cycle probly stimulate somekind of growth! Do flies right into presses w/out putting them down.... To failure it's a good deal of pain my man!
    Sounds good! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Grab a week pullback and see how you feel if you've been full bore lifting for 7.5 weeks. Even if your body will keep going sometimes your mental reserves need a rest. (I know mine do).
    On it. Starting pullback tomorrow. Thanks AG.

almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Busy night at work, but legs this evening. Looking forward to super setting front and rear hacks especially since I'm still slowly advancing working weight right now.
    Tried that this week...I couldn't lift more than half my regular weights. Totally killed 'em

almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    If your still going strong and have zero signs of fatigue or over training keep on it. Your body will tell you when you need to pull back. All you need to do is lower the intensity. I seem to go around 6-8 weeks then a pullback for a couple of weeks and I am on the starting blocks again
    Got it. Thanks Marcus!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    "I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it" "Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths"
    Love these..

Your killing him by not getting pissed(and raging etc)... If he this much of a dick, by you not getting aggressive or loud is making him more mad - it would me lol - and I give you credit for handling it the way you are!! Your work is clearly speaking for itself... Just kill the fvker w/kindness and he'll be the one that loses it!
    Hahaha so true!

I was promoted 3 weeks ago and everyone I was under is now under me. Rewarding and positive career change...love the change of pace and responsibility...but, my old supervisors seem to be trying to instigate to do something wrong...I see right through it, smile, and treat them better than the ever treat me. Feels great later. Hard in the moment.

NACH3 likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Hi lads,

Some great posts on here over the week I have been away on hols.

My holiday was lots of crap food and beer and managed to pick up a throat infection too. But came back weds and have been training not as strong as normal but not far off it and the weather aint helping over here seriously humid weather.

Next will be back on track properly due to food etc being all back to fully normal.
    NACH3, almostgone, clarky. and 1 others like this.

Man , the heat and humidity continue. Drinking a shake and then headed to hit legs.
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Man , the heat nd humidity continue. Drinking a shake and then headed to hit legs.
    seriously humid over here too diaster at night trying to sleep
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Wow! Been pouring over this thread for about 4 days now! Still very new at all of this and must thank you all for being so active here. After all this reading and absorbing it seems to be pushing me that much harder to keep trying for the goals.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    Wow! Been pouring over this thread for about 4 days now! Still very new at all of this and must thank you all for being so active here. After all this reading and absorbing it seems to be pushing me that much harder to keep trying for the goals.
    Awesome so see a female member in here.

welcome!
    DCI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Awesome so see a female member in here. welcome!
    Thank you! All this new info to learn is fantastic!

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Stick around!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

No problem cause honestly I don't know anything except what I've learned on my own and it's not much! Aggravating, absolutely...is there a solution...well...think I just found a diamond mine
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    No problem cause honestly I don't know anything except what I've learned on my own and it's not much! Aggravating, absolutely...is there a solution...well...think I just found a diamond mine
    You most definitely have!!! welcome and stick around - I learn something new each and everyday from the members in here! Great stuff!

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome welcome.

Girly chimes in here occasionally. Stick around, there's a lot to learn

Welcome to the thread!

Thread Information