Name:	E5F34DE5-F478-4951-A77B-63AAB23C360D.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	171714

Something to help you go to sleep.
    NACH3 likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    absolutely ! and not only that , but some things only work for a time and then they taper off and its time to provide a new stimulus... your body is constantly changing progressing and adapting.

I may do high volume training for a few months and make great progress then stall out. then I'll do a bunch of TUT training and real low volume. Stall out and move onto HIT training with lower volume but really push a lot of heavy weight in the 4-6 rep range.

we have to find what works for us, but always remember whats working for us today may not work for us next year. always got to have an open mind and ready to make changes
    That’s like I was saying earlier. I can get maximum gains for 8 weeks with hit. Then I have to go to high rep lower weight. The best gains I ever made is when I listened to Kel and went to every other day training. It just doesn’t fit my schedule on the weekends with my family. But the day of rest in between was awesome for a middle aged lifter.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    We are waiting for the sneak peeks of Mrs BG.

BG- what type of routine are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im a few days, we havent been eating well, super busy and need to carb up, were both a bit flat. As far as routine your basic stuff, volume in the beginning to warm up (the exercises like cables , ect) then some lower 8 rep sets on the primary movements. Just trying to get good, full work outs in.
    NACH3 and charger69 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    This is a serious question no sarcasm.

It looks like MS and I are the only ones that lift to failure. What is the theory of not going to failure on your sets?
    I normally do higher reps on warm up but why not failure on the rest. I normally go to failure and even have some assisted reps in certain cases with drops.

Just wondering
    Personally I have figured out that the last reps is where the magic happens and cutting myself short in that regard means cutting myself short of gains, and due to the amount of attempts I've done with volume there is no way I am going back. The last reps are what seem to damage the muscle the most and evoke a response to adapt and become stronger and bigger. I grew slowly naturally but only during periods where there were significant strength gains. So I could easily measure which type of training produced results and "delayed transformation" or overtraining to a point where you must deload helped me bust through plateaus.

Though still keep in mind that top powerlifting coaches measure the total workload and go by that, and not all bodybuilders do HIT. I'd use workload as a metric and not go to failure on the first set for other purposes, like some exercises that might not be the best to go to failure with, or as an additional method on top of a HIT cycle to add another form of stress. After squats I do good mornings and I wont risk going to failure after all the fatigue from the squats. After deads I do SLDLs and same goes there. For those exercises I do 3 sets to some particular rep range usually 6-12 for hypertrophy with the first set not going to failure, and when I do all three sets at the top rep range I increase the weight. This helps me keep the weight lower and is less demanding to keep good form, and still get that hypertrophy work in. Though for leg extensions/leg curls there risk of injury is much lower so I use what works best...
    Capebuffalo, diesel101 and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    absolutely ! and not only that , but some things only work for a time and then they taper off and its time to provide a new stimulus... your body is constantly changing progressing and adapting.

I may do high volume training for a few months and make great progress then stall out. then I'll do a bunch of TUT training and real low volume. Stall out and move onto HIT training with lower volume but really push a lot of heavy weight in the 4-6 rep range.

we have to find what works for us, but always remember whats working for us today may not work for us next year. always got to have an open mind and ready to make changes
    This is exactly where progressive overload comes in with any type of lifting - yiur gonna get stronger but to increase muscle size and tissue you need to utilize progressive overload

Say for bench you warm up 3x with higher reps
    Then use your feeler sets for your working set weight / I’ll go to failure depending on my rep range... if I wasn’t hurt I’d use 4-6 reps to complete failure and with a partner get forced reps then negatives but the spotter MUST know what he’s doing as you’ll get hurt
    Then drop set say you hit 5 reps w/2forced & 2negs(these don’t count b/c they’re just tearing into and down type 2b muscle fibers) drop just enough weight you’ll get 3-4 max at failure it comes quick believe me & then 2 more forced reps and negatives - that brings you to 8-9reps then RP(rest pause it) you’ll get 1 not sure about 2 but if so then again 2firved and 2negatives that brings you without resting only to change plates to around 11-12 reps total your done / pure hypertrophy(12 rep range is the highest form of hypertrophy) but your hitting all 3 zones power/hypertrophic:and top end muscular insurance hypertrophy

That’s HIT and boy did I make some gains - 6wks short burst cycling(SBC) and you can leave it open ended if gains are being made still but you must pull back
    And add I don’t volume that’s for sure to protect and recover your CNS - and body period! I never put as much muscle on in such short amounts of time
    185 15-6% bf
    6wks later 205-7 at 10-12%
    GearHeaded likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Personally I have figured out that the last reps is where the magic happens and cutting myself short in that regard means cutting myself short of gains, and due to the amount of attempts I've done with volume there is no way I am going back. The last reps are what seem to damage the muscle the most and evoke a response to adapt and become stronger and bigger. I grew slowly naturally but only during periods where there were significant strength gains. So I could easily measure which type of training produced results and "delayed transformation" or overtraining to a point where you must deload helped me bust through plateaus.

Though still keep in mind that top powerlifting coaches measure the total workload and go by that, and not all bodybuilders do HIT. I'd use workload as a metric and not go to failure on the first set for other purposes, like some exercises that might not be the best to go to failure with, or as an additional method on top of a HIT cycle to add another form of stress. After squats I do good mornings and I wont risk going to failure after all the fatigue from the squats. After deads I do SLDLs and same goes there. For those exercises I do 3 sets to some particular rep range usually 6-12 for hypertrophy with the first set not going to failure, and when I do all three sets at the top rep range I increase the weight. This helps me keep the weight lower and is less demanding to keep good form, and still get that hypertrophy work in. Though for leg extensions/leg curls there risk of injury is much lower so I use what works best...
    I forgot in my post like cables I go lighter and feel that squeeze more of a pump thing but I’m doing an experiment now since I can’t go heavy except on arms/& legs

I’m doing 4-5 sets depending on how I feel rep range could be as high as 20-25 I try not to change the weight but going to failure with volume is what I’m trying at least in first 2 sets then I’ll drop 2-3x after getting as many as possible too - so once I hit 20+ reps I go up in weight still using progressive overload -

Main thing is I’m trying very high intensity with all cable work first w/chest(ore-exhausting) then pressing still higher reps for me / 8-15 but on drops I’ll avg 3-4 reps per drop

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    This is exactly where progressive overload comes in with any type of lifting - yiur gonna get stronger but to increase muscle size and tissue you need to utilize progressive overload

Say for bench you warm up 3x with higher reps
    Then use your feeler sets for your working set weight / I’ll go to failure depending on my rep range... if I wasn’t hurt I’d use 4-6 reps to complete failure and with a partner get forced reps then negatives but the spotter MUST know what he’s doing as you’ll get hurt
    Then drop set say you hit 5 reps w/2forced & 2negs(these don’t count b/c they’re just tearing into and down type 2b muscle fibers) drop just enough weight you’ll get 3-4 max at failure it comes quick believe me & then 2 more forced reps and negatives - that brings you to 8-9reps then RP(rest pause it) you’ll get 1 not sure about 2 but if so then again 2firved and 2negatives that brings you without resting only to change plates to around 11-12 reps total your done / pure hypertrophy(12 rep range is the highest form of hypertrophy) but your hitting all 3 zones power/hypertrophic:and top end muscular insurance hypertrophy

That’s HIT and boy did I make some gains - 6wks short burst cycling(SBC) and you can leave it open ended if gains are being made still but you must pull back
    And add I don’t volume that’s for sure to protect and recover your CNS - and body period! I never put as much muscle on in such short amounts of time
    185 15-6% bf
    6wks later 205-7 at 10-12%
    Exactly what I said. Just better. . Nacho in the house.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Exactly what I said. Just better. . Nacho in the house.
    Haha you said fine I was just piggybackin’ off your post tbh

Cape now that your dialed in diet and gear wise are you going to failure too? HIT or straight sets?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    My head hurts from info overload.
    Fuck it I'm going to go push some iron.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Haha you said fine I was just piggybackin’ off your post tbh

Cape now that your dialed in diet and gear wise are you going to failure too? HIT or straight sets?
    You know I’m doing HIT brother
    NACH3 likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    one of the reasons to NOT go to failure on every set and only go to failure on a few select sets is that you will accumulate a lot more VOLUME over time. and Volume, when all other things are factored in, is the primary driver of hypertrophy.

example using bench press going to failure each set.
    275 x 10 reps and I fail at rep 10. . . now because I pushed myself to absolute failure when I go to bench again I only get 275x 8 reps,, then again I get 275 x 6 reps.

You can calculate volume by multiplying Total Reps x Weight
    in the above we pushed
    6600 lbs of total volume

now lets say using bench press and saving a few reps in the tank the first two and going to failure only in the last set

275x8, then 275x8, then you go to failure 275x10

7150 total pounds of volume was pushed here.

now thats not a ton more volume. BUT if you take that into consideration for every different exercise you do over every workout over every week and add it up over a year.. you end up pushing thousands and thousands of more pounds of volume over that time span by NOT going to failure on every set, and selectively picking certain sets only to go to failure on.

just something to think about when designing your program especially if volume is your biggest consideration, being you'll accumulate more total volume when not going to failure on every set.
    This!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You know I’m doing HIT brother
    My MFin Man!!!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Couple months ago I hit a brick wall, didn't feel like I was making any gains, wasn't getting sore. I started taking 2-3 mins between sets, and holy cow I was sore the next day. Got stronger shortly after

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E5F34DE5-F478-4951-A77B-63AAB23C360D.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	171714

Something to help you go to sleep.
    You’re suppose to flex when you take a pic...
    tarmyg likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	171715like this cape...
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post

Not bad.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good day today. Conditioning is improving which is the most important for me right now.

Thruster
    Build to a Heavy Set of 3 from Rack
    40kg x 3
    50kg x 3
    55kg x 3
    60kg x 3
    65kg x 3
    70kg x 3
    75kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    85kg x 1

Conditioning
    5 Rounds:
    20 Calorie Row
    10 Thrusters - 52kg

Conditioning
    Every :90 Seconds x 7 Sets:
    7 Toes to Bar
    7 Burpee Box Jump Overs - 24"

Recovery
    2K Row

Blog Entries
    No way I am ever beating that peak :-)
    ghettoboyd likes this.

You guys look awesome. I'll compile pics as soon as I get time.
    NACH3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    You guys look awesome. I'll compile pics as soon as I get time.
    we are just messing around RNS I wouldn't bother until we reveal the final pics unless its not to much work for you...
    Capebuffalo likes this.

we are just messing around RNS I wouldn't bother until we reveal the final pics unless its not to much work for you...
    Yeah. Let us just post pics randomly. Wait todo side by side comparison.

Unless you super impose my bi shot over gb so he can see how much he needs to grow to fill my shadow.
    ghettoboyd and charger69 like this.

Blog Entries
    I have changed my morning protocol so I can eat at 9 AM. Tried it for two days now and it is making a huge difference in my workouts.

Morning:
    Power Smoothie
    120mcg of Clenbuterol
    200mcg of Caffeine
    5g of Taurine

Well....... fuck fuck shit damn fuck

Messed lower back up on dead’s this morning. Ahhhhh damn it

Blog Entries
    It's ok cape if I saw pics of me I'd be looking for an excuse to get out too...
    diesel101 likes this.

Thanks for depressing me, there is no way I can compete with that! Just when I think I am making some progress you go and pull that shit.

Very impressive.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

It must of been on the second set being that's all you do per workout.
    charger69 likes this.

It's ok cape if I saw pics of me I'd be looking for an excuse to get out too...
    Blah blah blah. My Chiro will get me back in the game. I’m not going anywhere.

More concerned that now I’ve got to pull one of my guys off a job to come help me today. Losing money today. That’s what sucks.

I’m still coming for you gb.
    ghettoboyd and almostgone like this.

It must of been on the second set being that's all you do per workout.
    Man the warm up set was smooth and nice. The 405 beat me today.

Blog Entries
    Blah blah blah. My Chiro will get me back in the game. I’m not going anywhere.

More concerned that now I’ve got to pull one of my guys off a job to come help me today. Losing money today. That’s what sucks.

I’m still coming for you gb.
    i wouldn't want it any other way brother bring it...sorry to hear of your bad luck my friend hope you wake up tomorrow and it's gone...

i wouldn't want it any other way brother bring it...sorry to hear of your bad luck my friend hope you wake up tomorrow and it's gone...
    I appreciate it brother. Always respect.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Name:	IMG_1921.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	171716Time to bring the big guns out, too bad they covered with fat....lol
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post

Name:	IMG_1921.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	171716Time to bring the big guns out, too bad they covered with fat....lol
    Gives you size and volume

I don't dare take a picture of my twiggy arms compared to you monsters.

Gives you size and volume
    Yea, might better keep the fat!

I don't dare take a picture of my twiggy arms compared to you monsters.
    Yea right

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Yea right
    I was thinking the same thing.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Holy shit!!!
    Nice!!!!!

ghettoboyd likes this.

Not much work at all takes a minute or two but I need to be on my regular computer lol. No comparison pics but comparisons with the starting pics as I did with Tarzans, it's nice to see what everyone has done so far.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

No Cape!!!!!! I hope that it isn’t anything serious.
    I’m still bummed. I can’t squat shit still and tried deadlifts this morning. I can only do pussy weight. I am going to work at this until I get back to the weight I was using. It is just taking way too long.

Capebuffalo likes this.

Thanks for depressing me, there is no way I can compete with that! Just when I think I am making some progress you go and pull that shit.

Very impressive.
    Yes you can Diesel! Remember it is the most improved.
    I also notice that a lot more light is being used now. LOL
    Work on your posing. Your growth and hitting the poses correctly will make a big difference for you. No one is out of the hunt yet.

ghettoboyd likes this.

Thread Information