Page 84 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,360 of 5499
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Just cut tabs in half with pill cutter and take 1 and a half tabs at night before going to bed. Go with pharm grade t-3 not liquid. P.S. I saw your buddy Johnny Stewart this past weekend at the Excaliber my wife and I competed in. Johnny walking with a small limp. Tell him I said that he might want to leave those females alone for a few weeks...lol..He will know what I am talking about..
    HAHA nice Ronnie!

I was wondering where Johnnie was for a few days. I will probably see him today, i will tell him you said to leave those females alone lol.

He does where a leg brace at the gym sometime, not sure what happened but he also parks in the handicap section at the gym.

On a side note,

Can one stack EC or ECA with t3? Im willing to try clen but EC gives me an alert brain and keeps me up at my work where I am with customers all day long. For some reason "mb the var" I have been so lethargic recently. EC seems to keep my from falling asleep on my desk.

Also is it ok to take t3 at night. I hear and read t3 can give a slight stim effect making it harder to sleep?
    Last edited by slimshady01; 08-31-2011 at 08:04 PM.

ridedivefx is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ron,

Another Q, what is your opinion on German Volume Training (GVT) or 10x10. Basically one exercise per body part for 10 set and 10 reps. Starting of with 60% of 1RM. After 6 weeks it is recommend to do the same thing with lesser volume similar to deload 10x6

Thanks

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    haha nice ronnie!

I was wondering where johnnie was for a few days. I will probably see him today, i will tell him you said to leave those females alone lol.

He does where a leg brace at the gym sometime, not sure what happened but he also parks in the handicap section at the gym.

On a side note,

can one stack ec or eca with t3? yes im willing to try clen but ec gives me an alert brain and keeps me up at my work where i am with customers all day long. For some reason "mb the var" i have been so lethargic recently. Ec seems to keep my from falling asleep on my desk.

Also is it ok to take t3 at night.yes, thats the best time because the levels remain more consistent i hear and read t3 can give a slight stim effect making it harder to sleep? it depends on the individual.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ridedivefx View Post
    Hi Ron,

Another Q, what is your opinion on German Volume Training (GVT) or 10x10. Basically one exercise per body part for 10 set and 10 reps. Starting of with 60% of 1RM. After 6 weeks it is recommend to do the same thing with lesser volume similar to deload 10x6 No it is not as 10 sets of any exercise is certain to cause an over use injury. Its best to do less sets per exercise!

Thanks
    above

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Ronnie,
    I finally found those futuro elbow straps in a hospital waiting room in Bangkok.
    They work great!! Combining these and the advice on going lighter on the crossovers and some resistance stretching through the week, I think my elbow problems are behind me. I got one more week with the rope pushdowns, then I'll let you know. Just wanted to say thanks. Once again your advise saved me from prolonged lay off and potential loss of hard earned progress. Thanks again.

Cacu is offline Junior Member
    Hi Ronnie,

Really value your input, especially since you've been at this for much longer than most.
    Question: Should I do my own cycle or just go on HRT?
    My numbers were about 500 for Total Testosterone . I didn't get Free tested

I am mid 30s, 6'2", 255, 20%bf --doing Wendler 5-3-1, but want to start Oly lifting again.
    Recovery is definitely an issue but, I'd like to cut. I've read all the various diets. I've started to lose some bf again since eating high protein, mod fat, low to mod carbs.

Never been on.

First cycle proposition:
    Var only
    1-12 weeks
    Pyramiding from 40-80 and start back down to 40 throughout last two weeks.
    Doing Novaldex throughout 40/20/20.
    Keeping HCG PCT, and clomid just in case.

or should I just get an Rx?

Blog Entries
    Hey Ron,
    I am just about to order some HGH. I know your not a fan of Blue Tops so I'm getting 800 iu's of the good one they sell. Recommended by a lot of people. I'm been blasting for about 14 months now and I'm using up to 1750 mg of Test and been as high as 1000 mg of Tren E. My cutting cycle ends October 31st and I was thinking of going to 250 mg of Test for a little longer than 2 weeks to clear receptors. Good idea you think? I really don't mind to keep blasting, it's just the doses are getting high for the size I am. What else do you suggest? Giving blood to drop hymocrit (I know I spelled this wrong!) levels? Blood work? When? Anyway, my real question is should I start the 7 months of HGH right away or wait till I begin my next cycle (most likely Test P/NPP/Dbol bulk)? Also, how would you suggest dosing it?
    Last edited by The Titan99; 09-03-2011 at 01:00 AM.

dannyp1020 is offline New Member
    hi i wanted to know what do you recommend to take to get big NOT huge and i also want to get cut up. as far as steroids ... im 5'9 if that even matters and i weigh 220. havent worked out like i should since i was 16 and im almost 19. and out of shape. i did trenabol when i was 16 and didnt eat right or work out like i should have. i want results and as fast as i can get them. i would appreciate it if you could recommend what i should take. i am open for suggestions. thank you.

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    hi ronnie, havent posted in a while because ive had food poisoning and illness and lost about 4 kilos of muscle and 7 or 8 kilos total.
    seems like 2 or 3 times a year i suffer setbacks last time was my pec tendon tear - does the body have an overcompensation effect after losing muscle whereby it piles the muscle back on and then some to overcompensate once normal training and extra cals are introduced? (remember reading a study on rats where their lower legs were amputated and their upperbody gained more mass to compensate even though their diet and activity level was the same)
    or is all this wishful thinking? just really frustrated right now! feel worse than when i tore my pec! i'll be back training from next week - was thinking of training twice a week muscle groups and running 25mcg t3 for increased protein synthesis with a 4 week short heavy burst cycle/reload (a bit like marcus3000 article) and having 800-1000 cals above maintenance and try to take advantage of a possible window of rebound gains after all that muscle loss - then back to deload-reload. not sure if this would be ineffective though. really appreciate your advice
    thanks mate
    Last edited by ricky23; 09-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.

davrlaw is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie.

Im going to start my first cycle soon.

stats are 27yo

6'2

200 pounds

12%

I have 80iu of glotropin ready to go, i just have to work out what gear to use and what PCT I should consider.

everyone tells me i should do Test only for my first time, now can you explain what test is?

Stana is not test, nor is deca from what i have read, by test do people mean test suspension? is sus 250 test?

also what and how should I do a PCT?

your help and advice is appreciated.

thanks

ps i know what testosterone is but just don't know how to differentiate test and non test.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    Hey Ronnie,
    I finally found those futuro elbow straps in a hospital waiting room in Bangkok.
    They work great!! Combining these and the advice on going lighter on the crossovers and some resistance stretching through the week, I think my elbow problems are behind me. I got one more week with the rope pushdowns, then I'll let you know. Just wanted to say thanks. Once again your advise saved me from prolonged lay off and potential loss of hard earned progress. Thanks again.
    Glad I could be of assistance!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacu View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

Really value your input, especially since you've been at this for much longer than most.
    Question: Should I do my own cycle or just go on HRT?
    My numbers were about 500 for Total Testosterone . I didn't get Free tested

I am mid 30s, 6'2", 255, 20%bf --doing Wendler 5-3-1, but want to start Oly lifting again.
    Recovery is definitely an issue but, I'd like to cut. I've read all the various diets. I've started to lose some bf again since eating high protein, mod fat, low to mod carbs.

Never been on.

First cycle proposition:
    Var only
    1-12 weeks
    Pyramiding from 40-80 and start back down to 40 throughout last two weeks.
    Doing Novaldex throughout 40/20/20.
    Keeping HCG PCT, and clomid just in case.

or should I just get an Rx? I would do both! Get an RX if at all possible then when feasible add in a little extra test to help you build/hold onto muscle while you cut!
    above

Blog Entries
    Hey Ron,
    I am just about to order some HGH. I know your not a fan of Blue Tops so I'm getting 800 iu's of the good one they sell. Recommended by a lot of people. I'm been blasting for about 14 months now and I'm using up to 1750 mg of Test and been as high as 1000 mg of Tren E. My cutting cycle ends October 31st and I was thinking of going to 250 mg of Test for a little longer than 2 weeks to clear receptors. How long has it been since you have been off steroids (not including deloads)? Good idea you think? I really don't mind to keep blasting, it's just the doses are getting high for the size I am. What else do you suggest?Adding GH for sure! Giving blood to drop hymocrit (I know I spelled this wrong!) levels? Blood work? I think giving blood in inorder about now and getting blood work done is probably inorder(depending on your question to prior question I asked) When? Anyway, my real question is should I start the 7 months of HGH right away or wait till I begin my next cycle (most likely Test P/NPP/Dbol bulk)? Also, how would you suggest dosing it? What kind of GH are you getting (is it from china)? Also, 4ius daily helps but for great results I recommend 8 ius daily ( 4ius injected before breakfast and anohter 4 ius at bed time). Most cannot afford to do it for long but that's truly the best way.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyp1020 View Post
    hi i wanted to know what do you recommend to take to get big not huge and i also want to get cut up. As far as steroids ... Im 5'9 if that even matters and i weigh 220. Havent worked out like i should since i was 16 and im almost 19. And out of shape. I did trenabol when i was 16 and didnt eat right or work out like i should have. I want results and as fast as i can get them. I would appreciate it if you could recommend what i should take. I am open for suggestions. Thank you.honestly, i would work out for 2 years all natural then possibily go with small dose of test-e (2-300 mgs per week) and tren-e (200-300 mgs per week) when you hit 21 .
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    hi ronnie, havent posted in a while because ive had food poisoning and illness and lost about 4 kilos of muscle and 7 or 8 kilos total.
    seems like 2 or 3 times a year i suffer setbacks last time was my pec tendon tear - does the body have an overcompensation effect after losing muscle whereby it piles the muscle back on and then some to overcompensate once normal training and extra cals are introduced? It does to some degree and muscle memory is a real occurence.(remember reading a study on rats where their lower legs were amputated and their upperbody gained more mass to compensate even though their diet and activity level was the same)
    or is all this wishful thinking? This is wishful thinking for humans! just really frustrated right now! feel worse than when i tore my pec! i'll be back training from next week - was thinking of training twice a week muscle groups and running 25mcg t3 for increased protein synthesis with a 4 week short heavy burst cycle/reload (a bit like marcus3000 article) and having 800-1000 cals above maintenance and try to take advantage of a possible window of rebound gains after all that muscle loss - then back to deload-reload. You could apply that approach. Use your time off as a prime! I am just getting started back training today after our show and I am going to train only 3 days per week for next 4-6 weeks then get back on 4 day split. My wife and I need a break after doing the EXCALIBUR bodybuilding show last weekend. not sure if this would be ineffective though. really appreciate your advice
    thanks mate
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davrlaw View Post
    hey ronnie.

Im going to start my first cycle soon.

Stats are 27yo

6'2

200 pounds

12%

i have 80iu of glotropin ready to go, i just have to work out what gear to use and what pct i should consider.

Everyone tells me i should do test only for my first time, now can you explain what test is?

Stana is not test, nor is deca from what i have read, by test do people mean test suspension? Is sus 250 test? you want to go with test enanthate, test cypionate, test propionate or even sustanon (test 250) for a first cycle. Do not use test suspension. I recommend test-e or test-c.

also what and how should i do a pct? run hcg for about 21 days when you get off. 2500 every other day is a good plan

your help and advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

ps i know what testosterone is but just don't know how to differentiate test and non test.
    above

Blog Entries

Exclamation Contest pics from last weekend!

Here are mine and my wifes contest pics from last weekends bodybuilding show (EXCALIBER) held in Charleston S.C. My wife Kathy Rowland won the heavy weights and the overall. I won the masters 35 and older division. As you can see the sword she won is much larger than mine so I'm still on good behavior..

Follow the directions below to see contest pics!

1) click on the following link- http://www.collardphoto.com/about-pa...rd-studios.php

2) click store

3) cick on link at top of list that says 2011 Excaliber

4) My pics start on bottom half at of pages 6 and end at top of page 7. A few more on bottom of page 25

5) My wifes pics start on bottom of page 35, all of page 36 and top of page 37. She is also on pages 57-58 with her huge "Conan the Barbarian" like sword.

KASPER is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie, Great post

Would this be a good cycle. Don't have enough test to run all 8wk@750

wk1-8 Test E@500wk
    wk9-10 Bridge Test E@250
    wk11-14 Test E@750wk
    wk15-18 Test E@500wk
    wk15-18 Oral Tren .5ed
    wk19-20 Bridge Test E@250
    wk21-24 Pct Nolva 40/40/20/20

Here are mine and my wifes contest pics from last weekends bodybuilding show (EXCALIBER) held in Charleston S.C. My wife Kathy Rowland won the heavy weights and the overall. I won the masters 35 and older division. As you can see the sword she won is much larger than mine so I'm still on good behavior..

1) click on the following link- http://www.collardphoto.com/about-pa...rd-studios.php

2) click store

4) My pics start on bottom half at of pages 6 and end at top of page 7. A few more on bottom of page 25

5) My wifes pics start on bottom of page 35, all of page 36 and top of page 37. She is also on pages 57-58 with her huge "Conan the Barbarian" like sword.
    Congrats to both of you!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to you and Kathy on Excalibur. Excellent job by you both!! She does have a very nice sword there!!!!

Ive been on steroids for about 14 months now, not including deloads. I'm afraid I got (I PM'ed you the name) and it's from China. Later Marcus told me it's most likely garbage. He said real gh was double expensive and he would hook me up after the bank robbery I'm planning (just joking). You think it's wise to do it anyway? WOW! 8 iu's a day!! What kind of time would you do that? I guess I mean what's the minimum amount of time that would produce good results.

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ronnie,
    I know you don't encourage the use of insulin as an anabolic tool, but I have decided to go ahead and try it anyway. I was hoping that despite your feelings on the drug, you could offer some advise anyway.
    My reasons for trying insulin is because I feel that no matter how much I eat, I don't utilise any where near the nutrients I should be. This is where I believe insulin will help me.
    I will be starting next week at 2ius of fast acting insulin post w/o, increasing this by 1iu per day until I reach a maximum of 10ius.
    I will be injecting only once per day post work out, as this is my first insulin cycle .
    I will be consuming a carb drink consisting of 90 grams of carbs straight after injection , then chicken and rice 1 hour later.
    I will carry glucose tablets with me at all times incase of hypo.
    Cycle length will be 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

I have been reading about this subject for some time now and feel as though my plan is pretty sound, but would like input if possible.
    On one of the threads I read, it advised that you should not do post w/o injections as you already have a natural nutrient uptake window that was provided by your workout . It says you should use that window first, then use insulin after that window has closed, thus giving your body 2 nutrient uptake windows. Does this make sense? It also says that an advanced insulin user would inject 3 times per day, so as to be in an anabolic state all day.

2) click store

congrats! both looking great! some seriously world class arms you got there! great condition too!
    kathy is a pro in the making!

lynxeffect1 is offline Junior Member
    apart from cooking freshly everyday, can u cook a weeks worth of food and store it inda fridge to take out daily or will it go off after a few days ? or wud u have to bag ur food into daily amounts, freeze it and take it out the night before to thaw out? whats my options ron ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KASPER View Post
    Hey Ronnie, Great post

Would this be a good cycle. Don't have enough test to run all 8wk@750

wk1-8 Test E@500wk
    wk9-10 Bridge Test E@250
    wk11-14 Test E@750wk
    wk15-18 Test E@500wk
    wk15-18 Oral Tren .5ed
    wk19-20 Bridge Test E@250
    wk21-24 Pct Nolva 40/40/20/20
    I would consider this a good beginners cycle..

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to you and Kathy on Excalibur. Excellent job by you both!! She does have a very nice sword there!!!!

Ive been on steroids for about 14 months now, not including deloads. I'm afraid I got (I PM'ed you the name) and it's from China. Later Marcus told me it's most likely garbage. Marcus is right. He said real gh was double expensive and he would hook me up after the bank robbery I'm planning (just joking). You think it's wise to do it anyway? I am now afraid to inject UG GH.. WOW! 8 iu's a day!! That's where you will obtain the best results What kind of time would you do that? minimum of 6 months I guess I mean what's the minimum amount of time that would produce good results.
    above

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1111 View Post
    Hi Ronnie,
    I know you don't encourage the use of insulin as an anabolic tool, but I have decided to go ahead and try it anyway. I was hoping that despite your feelings on the drug, you could offer some advise anyway.
    My reasons for trying insulin is because I feel that no matter how much I eat, I don't utilise any where near the nutrients I should be. This is where I believe insulin will help me.
    I will be starting next week at 2ius of fast acting insulin post w/o, increasing this by 1iu per day until I reach a maximum of 10ius.
    I will be injecting only once per day post work out, as this is my first insulin cycle .
    I will be consuming a carb drink consisting of 90 grams of carbs straight after injection , then chicken and rice 1 hour later.
    I will carry glucose tablets with me at all times incase of hypo.
    Cycle length will be 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

I have been reading about this subject for some time now and feel as though my plan is pretty sound, but would like input if possible.
    On one of the threads I read, it advised that you should not do post w/o injections as you already have a natural nutrient uptake window that was provided by your workout . It says you should use that window first, then use insulin after that window has closed, thus giving your body 2 nutrient uptake windows. Does this make sense? It sounds good in theory but just the opposite is true. You want to inject insulin ASP post workout when the muscles are most responsive to take up nutrients. It's that simple. And do not exceed 10ius. The way you have it set up is correct and the safest way to utilize insulin. It also says that an advanced insulin user would inject 3 times per day, so as to be in an anabolic state all day. 10 ius 2 times per day day plenty. Too much insulin is hard on the organs and ages the body. I would like to take it to gain more muscle but it's not worth the possible health risk too me.
    above

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    Many thanks for the reply Ronnie. Your views, as always are invaluable.

Cacu is offline Junior Member
    Lifting consistently for 2 years.
    37, 6'2", Male, 255 lbs. 20%bf
    Strength stats:
    Bench 315, Squat 405, Deadlift 475, Military Press 200 lbs.
    So i want to cut, but I don't want to stop my lifts due to access.,
    i have a home gym with only one dumbbell so I have to get creative when it gets to accessory work.
    When I'm not Oly lifting I do Wendler 5-3-1, how do I control volume when cutting.
    And should I keep my protein at 1.5g/lean bodyweight lbs. while cutting?

Equipment:
    Pullup bar
    Squat rack
    Bench rack,
    Barbell,
    Bumper weights,
    Row machine
    gymnastic rings,
    Med ball,
    Slam ball
    Kettlebells
    1-15 lbs. dumbell

Cacu

Ronnie as you know im running Primo at 800, test at 300 and var at 50mg.

My joints in my arms are killing me for some reason, today curling it was horrible.

Could i add 100mg a deca a week to help? I dont want any bloat or deca sides on my cut but at that dose i think i would be ok.. But not sure if 100 would relieve the joints.

Cronos is offline Associate Member
    Hello there. I have ran 2 previuous 20 week test only cycles, both were from 500-700 mg/week. I noticed after each one that I was SLIGHTLY hairier, mostly in areas that I'm cool with, i.e. stomach and chest. Like I said, SLIGHTLY. My question is, will I continually keep getting hairier in successive cycles, or does your body reach a point where it only causes so much hair growth? And when, in your experience, did that point come when you got as hairy as you were gonna get?

I read an article somewhere (I can't remember), where the author stated a DHT blocker should always be used with ANY cycle. What do you think Ron? Thanks

hi ronnie your opinions on winstrol - also dbol vs anadrol . never use orals much but got a product thats a combination of all 3 at 20mg each!! not sure on the synergy may try it some time later!
    looking forward to the olympia?

pfmahan is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie, just found this thread, one of the best. Started reading from the beginning, will take awhile to read all, but I will. You might have already answered this before ,but I just started on TRT, will get a supply of Test cyp 3 months at a time, starting with 150mg a week, then moving up to 200mg a week. I will be on this for the rest of my life, since my natural is way low. Can this work for Sling shot? And if so, how? By the way, this is the pure stuff. Any help or advice is appreciated.

KASPER is offline New Member
    Hey Ron,

I saw this posted on another forum as a beginner cycle. Do you think this would be a good
    first cycle. Or would running to reloads of test e @500 be better?

WK 1-5 Test E@600
    WK 6-8 Test E@800
    WK 9-10 Test E@1000
    Last edited by KASPER; 09-13-2011 at 09:25 AM.

davrlaw is offline New Member
    above
    Hi Ronnie, thanks for that, question, do i wait until i finish the cycle before hcg or should i start using hcg before i finish the cycle?

thanks

Blog Entries
    Hey Ron,
    I've now determined that after my cut is finished on Oct 31st I'll have been on straight (not counting deloads) for 15 months. I'm 47 so I won't be coming off completely or doing PCT but was thinking of dropping to 250 mg per week of Sustanon . Right now I'm doing Test P/ Tren E/Masteron E/Anavar /Proviron . How long do you recommend staying at 250 mg afterwards before my next cycle and when would you start dropping the dose figuring Oct 31st would be showtime? Maybe just drop the Prop down on the 29th, then stop the Tren/Mast on the 31st? Also, what things specifically should I have checked when I have blood work done and how long afterwards should I wait to do it?

Last thing. I asked about gh dosing and you said 4 iu's twice a day is best for growth. Would you want to ramp up to that or do you think you could just hit it high like that from the beginning? Also, why do some guy's take a day off or two off from hgh. Do you think taking 1 or two days off is advisable or just go everyday? Thanks Ron.

One more week and I'm ready to add a second Triceps exercise. I'll let you know...
    Last edited by The Titan99; 09-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Corpsman is offline Associate Member

2) click store

That link doesn't take you to pictures of you guys. Do you have them posted anywhere else?

Hey Ron,
    I've now determined that after my cut is finished on Oct 31st I'll have been on straight (not counting deloads) for 15 months. I'm 47 so I won't be coming off completely or doing PCT but was thinking of dropping to 250 mg per week of Sustanon . Right now I'm doing Test P/ Tren E/Masteron E/Anavar /Proviron . How long do you recommend staying at 250 mg afterwards before my next cycle and when would you start dropping the dose figuring Oct 31st would be showtime? Maybe just drop the Prop down on the 29th, then stop the Tren/Mast on the 31st? Also, what things specifically should I have checked when I have blood work done and how long afterwards should I wait to do it?

Last thing. I asked about gh dosing and you said 4 iu's twice a day is best for growth. Would you want to ramp up to that or do you think you could just hit it high like that from the beginning? Thanks Ron.

One more week and I'm ready to add a second Triceps exercise. I'll let you know...

you are looking great in your new avi titan! transformation is incredible, looking awesome!

Corpsman is offline Associate Member
    My wife and I started the SST program today with working out 5 days per week, working each body part once per week with a cardio/abs day on day 3. After the workout tonight I got a bit concerned that working out chest once every 7 days was not going to be enough. For the last 3 1/2 months we have been doing a workout 5 days a week with a cardio/abs day on day 3, but we were hitting each major muscle group twice per week. Can someone assure me that changing to hitting each major muscle group once every 7 days will be enough?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky23 View Post
    you are looking great in your new avi titan! transformation is incredible, looking awesome!
    Thanks a lot Ricky. I've not got a complete grip on this cutting business, but I'm getting better at it!!

Tyger is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Awesome post. This is a perfectly designed method.

Thread Information