Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    u guys noticing any cramping coming off the carb up---my wife seems to get bad cramps in her leg in the middle of the night and it usually happens like 1-2 days after having carbs----

baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    u guys noticing any cramping coming off the carb up---my wife seems to get bad cramps in her leg in the middle of the night and it usually happens like 1-2 days after having carbs----
    Nahhh , ill check next week to see if i feel any. I did notice that if i dont have liquid carbs the first 4 meals im hurting on the toliet. The liquids first 4 meals are key for me on good digestion.

Does anyone get loss of breath? Sometimes i feel like i have really suck in air to get oxygen.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    Thank god someone else had this issue. I'm not on CKD but I had a big carb-up upon starting PCT and had horrible cramps/pumps the day after! I was stupidly vascular as well. It subsided quickly and I was strong as hell for those 2 days, despite cramped.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i feel fine during the week and my intense workouts are going great......but i feel sick as a dog right now, after my first liquid carb meal....i did last week all night....

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    Nahhh , ill check next week to see if i feel any. I did notice that if i dont have liquid carbs the first 4 meals im hurting on the toliet. The liquids first 4 meals are key for me on good digestion.

Does anyone get loss of breath? Sometimes i feel like i have really suck in air to get oxygen.
    Do you ever add Clen while on this diet, if so how's it going?

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    No one caught my post a few days ago, when you do your first 4 liquid carb meals after your full body friday work out, do you do 4 whey shakes with them or do you do regular food. It said to add liquid protein in with them but I want to know if I am taking whey and malto at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 12pm or just the 6pm with malto then regular food and malto the next 3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr View Post
    No one caught my post a few days ago, when you do your first 4 liquid carb meals after your full body friday work out, do you do 4 whey shakes with them or do you do regular food. It said to add liquid protein in with them but I want to know if I am taking whey and malto at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 12pm or just the 6pm with malto then regular food and malto the next 3. Thanks!

I use 20 grams of whey powder on each of the 4 liquid carb meals.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    Do you ever add Clen while on this diet, if so how's it going?
    I got my clen wicked fast from ar-r . 4-5 days. I've been on it for about a week and notice that I'm loosing bodyfat faster. I also take 2 pills with chromium and green tea.

edgarr is offline Member
    Well thinking about giving this diet up and trying a 40/40/20. Unless you guys think I should keep going. Not sure if my body likes fats. I just completed week 8. My first week I lost 5lbs, 185 to 180 and have been there ever since (well this week I lost 2). I would say that I have lost fat but I wonder if that is more from the workouts. I took over a year off and climbed over 20% BF so how could I not lose. I have been eating at around 400 under TDEE plus doing cardio. In fact the last two weeks I started twice a day, 50 mins am LIT and 30 mins after workout which is 5 days a week. I still need to lose a lot of BF so not sure CKD is for me right now.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Well thinking about giving this diet up and trying a 40/40/20. Unless you guys think I should keep going. Not sure if my body likes fats. I just completed week 8. My first week I lost 5lbs, 185 to 180 and have been there ever since (well this week I lost 2). I would say that I have lost fat but I wonder if that is more from the workouts. I took over a year off and climbed over 20% BF so how could I not lose. I have been eating at around 400 under TDEE plus doing cardio. In fact the last two weeks I started twice a day, 50 mins am LIT and 30 mins after workout which is 5 days a week. I still need to lose a lot of BF so not sure CKD is for me right now.
    If after 2 weeks went by maybe your TDEE is off of what you calculated and at that time start dropping cals by 100-200 cals a day until you get back into the fat loss.

if you have 2400 then after 2 weeks and your diet and cardio is good drop to 2300 for 2 weeks if not enough drop to 2200 and so on, eventually you have to lose weight, the goal is just not to lose muscle with it so baby steps to find what your body likes.

Bren is offline Associate Member
    Maybe you should start forming the habit of forming a habit. 2 months is all you gave this diet and you are already wanting to give up? where is the logic here? Everybody on this thread is having good results, and loosing 2lbs of solid fat a week is not bad at all. You need to plan long term fat loss goals, it is not just going to fall off. You cant expect to loose 5lbs every week, also do NOT go by the scale, go by how you look. My weight fluctuates up and down from 1-10lbs depending on the day. I hope you stick with this man, it really does work well.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr View Post
    If after 2 weeks went by maybe your TDEE is off of what you calculated and at that time start dropping cals by 100-200 cals a day until you get back into the fat loss.

if you have 2400 then after 2 weeks and your diet and cardio is good drop to 2300 for 2 weeks if not enough drop to 2200 and so on, eventually you have to lose weight, the goal is just not to lose muscle with it so baby steps to find what your body likes.
    I have done this twice. I am eating around 1900 cals, if mod active I should be at 2600 TDEE and light active 2300, if I eat less I will have zero energy, plus I burn around 600 cals doing cardio. My raitos are right at 65/30/5. Maybe its my carb up days but if I skip those I will also lose energy.
    Last edited by edgarr; 03-14-2010 at 11:18 AM.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Maybe you should start forming the habit of forming a habit. 2 months is all you gave this diet and you are already wanting to give up? where is the logic here? Everybody on this thread is having good results, and loosing 2lbs of solid fat a week is not bad at all. You need to plan long term fat loss goals, it is not just going to fall off. You cant expect to loose 5lbs every week, also do NOT go by the scale, go by how you look. My weight fluctuates up and down from 1-10lbs depending on the day. I hope you stick with this man, it really does work well.
    Well this is why I am asking. Is 8 weeks not enough?? I hear of people down 15 plus pounds in less time.

where is the logic here

My logic is that maybe my body does not reacte well to fat, this can be true and has been true to many on this board, if not then everyone would use this diet.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ^^^^^ i think im the oposite, my body seems to thrive on fats!....carb load is tough!

americanoak is offline Member
    I have done this twice. I am eating around 1900 cals, if mod active I should be at 2600 TDEE and light active 2300, if I eat less I will have zero energy, plus I burn around 600 cals doing cardio. My raitos are right at 65/30/5. Maybe its my carb up days but if I skip those I will also lose energy.
    maybe you arent going into ketosis or you are screwing up your carb load

what do your guys post workout meals look like?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a quetion about going to the bathroom. Ive noticed I am not taking ANY dumps during the week, then on my carb up days I make up for lost time. I assume this is normal because of me not ingesting any carbs/fiber during the week. Just making sure this is normal

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    maybe you arent going into ketosis or you are screwing up your carb load
    I am. I know when I do and it happens fairly quickly, like 2 days.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    I have a quetion about going to the bathroom. Ive noticed I am not taking ANY dumps during the week, then on my carb up days I make up for lost time. I assume this is normal because of me not ingesting any carbs/fiber during the week. Just making sure this is normal
    Normal. I do go during the week but not as often

yeah i only seem to go a couple of times during the week, i dont feel bad just dont need to go often...........i get bloated, sickly, bad stomache over the weekend.....the carb loads are tough for me!

Yea I def get bloated. Over the past 2 weeks I havent lost any weight at all!!! After the carb up I am up about 6-8 lbs then just lose that over the week, then at carb up its back again. I am going to give it one more week. I did notice this week I had more energy though so that is promising

i weigh my self occasionaly, i dont give a shit about my weight, just go off how i look in the mirror......i used to weigh myself weekly and found it very demotivating..

edgarr is offline Member
    Yea I def get bloated. Over the past 2 weeks I havent lost any weight at all!!! After the carb up I am up about 6-8 lbs then just lose that over the week, then at carb up its back again. I am going to give it one more week. I did notice this week I had more energy though so that is promising
    this is the goal, if you can lose fat only while gaining muscle you shouldn't lose much weight. But I now want to lose the fat quicker so don't really care if I lose muscle too. I think I will go 2 more weeks on this and see.

anyone wanna post a sample post wo meal

On a regular day just 2 scoops of whey for me. Some people like to add some natty PB I personally use that pre workout. It might just be a mental thing to ingest something pre-workout but I feel like I have alil more energy

edgarr is offline Member
    anyone wanna post a sample post wo meal
    isopure protein and udo's

whey and EVOO in water during the week........whey,dextrose and peanut butter in milk on a friday..

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    edgar the solution to your problem is simple.. dont carb up every sixth day, give it another 2 days or so

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyL View Post
    edgar the solution to your problem is simple.. dont carb up every sixth day, give it another 2 days or so
    dam, thats the best part lol. but right now i carb up on the 7th day only, so Mon trough Sat i eat pro/fat only, then dinner Sat I start my carb up and keep going until Sunday bed time then start keto right back up Monday morning. I'll drop some cals this week and see how that goes.

Choppers is offline Associate Member
    Just out of curiosity how much are people losing per week on this diet?

Been on and off this diet numerous time over the past 18 months or so.

This time I lost 9 lbs in a week, had next week off and gained 3, back on but had a shortened ketosis period due to unexpected family meal - lost 3 and now back on again being uber strict and will try a longer ketosis period of 10 days to maximize weight loss. So far looking lean and feeling great.

This is the easiest diet in the World for me. I've adjusted my food intake accordingly and leave all my pre-cooked food in boxes in the fridge in portion controlled sizes and with a variety to keep it interesting.

Portion size is critical here. I've learn the hard way before not to eat huge meals on it. I also take my carb loading slightly less serious and eat a normal balanced diet with perhaps a little extra carby-sugary food but not forcing it down obsesively.

A lot of this is trial and error and seeing what works for you. If you're not losing weight cut back on the food slightly but remember with fat at 9 calories a gram, portion sizes will be naturally be slightly smaller than normal.

I also avoid the 30g carbs a day if poss. A lady at work is eating minimal amount of carbs like berries etc after she sought advice from a nutrionist so will be interesting to compare results. But I find that after a heavy Sun gym session/run by Mon evening I'm already on ketosis leaving 4 full days to burn fat before usual Fri evening normal meals.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppers View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much are people losing per week on this diet?

Been on and off this diet numerous time over the past 18 months or so.

This time I lost 9 lbs in a week, had next week off and gained 3, back on but had a shortened ketosis period due to unexpected family meal - lost 3 and now back on again being uber strict and will try a longer ketosis period of 10 days to maximize weight loss. So far looking lean and feeling great.

This is the easiest diet in the World for me. I've adjusted my food intake accordingly and leave all my pre-cooked food in boxes in the fridge in portion controlled sizes and with a variety to keep it interesting.

Portion size is critical here. I've learn the hard way before not to eat huge meals on it. I also take my carb loading slightly less serious and eat a normal balanced diet with perhaps a little extra carby-sugary food but not forcing it down obsesively.

A lot of this is trial and error and seeing what works for you. If you're not losing weight cut back on the food slightly but remember with fat at 9 calories a gram, portion sizes will be naturally be slightly smaller than normal.

I also avoid the 30g carbs a day if poss. A lady at work is eating minimal amount of carbs like berries etc after she sought advice from a nutrionist so will be interesting to compare results. But I find that after a heavy Sun gym session/run by Mon evening I'm already on ketosis leaving 4 full days to burn fat before usual Fri evening normal meals.
    I do measure all my meals and bag them up. Only difference is that mine are really boring, meaning I eat the same thing every day. Last week I changed from red meats to white and fish, that is when I lost 2 0r 3 lbs so I will stick with that for the next 2 weeks and see.

Everyone posting here has had success with losing weight on this diet but has anyone had success with JUST losing BF on this diet? Also anyone not have success with this diet (not sure why you would be reading this post)?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    I would NOT advocate this diet for pregnant women,breast feeding women,or children.There are way to many things going on in the diet that could effect hormones. Tell her to wait until off breastfeeding for 2 months!...TOP
    This is diet is safe for children, from what I have seen.

Keto diets have been used as treatment in children with epilepsy since the 1920's and show very promising results.

My GF is epileptic and I've currently got her on low carbs, high fat, moderate protein. She takes medication for it, but still gets the odd seizure. It will be intresting to see how effective this diet is for her, but in the studies I have seen recently, the results are good.

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    it takes some time to figure out your body reacts with carbs.. I tend to hold onto carbs longer then some, so i carb up every 10th day or so..

how many % body fat have u guys lost so far on this diet? How long were u on it for too

edgarr is offline Member
    how many % body fat have u guys lost so far on this diet? How long were u on it for too
    8 weeks and around 2%

edgarr is offline Member
    one thing I notice is I am very hungry the day after the carb load. I start the day with HIIT cardio to speed up the ketosis process so I am sure I am craving. I bet I will be in ketosis by tomorrow. Maybe I'm not getting enough carbs during the load?

im on the diet for awhile now. My weight is starting to fluctuate more on my carb up days. used to be around 4 pounds , now this week i gained 8 pounds on my carb up day. I dont let the scale bother me , its all about the mirror now. every week i evalutate my self in the mirror. Im finally starting to see that Vertical line down the center of my abbs. Im going to stick to it for another 3 months , OR till i reach 6% bodyfat. Which ever come first and then ill start my AAS. I cant wait for that!!!!!!!!!!

Edgar , i suggest you give it some more time. Also , HeavyL's idea sounds great!!! , add a couple more days of ketosis before the carb up. Might help alot.

Chris

danielli is offline Associate Member
    one thing I notice is I am very hungry the day after the carb load....
    I'm opposite...I am not hungry at all the day after th carb load. Anyone else?? It's like I have to force myself to eat and its not like i'm trying to eat 5,000 calories to bulk.

Spike85 is offline New Member

My results

In about 6 weeks im down 11 lbs of hard to lose fat. Ive been doing shitty diets and tons of cardio for a while now and could not get lower than 200 for the past 4 years. After 6 weeks i went from 207- 196 and counting down. I feel better than ever, no more iritibility after my cheat days, and I only gain about 3 lbs after carbing up. I have tons of energy and the diet is easy to follow. I have had some temptations for cookies or junk food but I never give in. My goal is to lose the next 6 lbs over 5 weeks. It will happen!!

Thanks for all the info, couldn't have done with without this thread.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    im on the diet for awhile now. My weight is starting to fluctuate more on my carb up days. used to be around 4 pounds , now this week i gained 8 pounds on my carb up day. I dont let the scale bother me , its all about the mirror now. every week i evalutate my self in the mirror. Im finally starting to see that Vertical line down the center of my abbs. Im going to stick to it for another 3 months , OR till i reach 6% bodyfat. Which ever come first and then ill start my AAS. I cant wait for that!!!!!!!!!!

Edgar , i suggest you give it some more time. Also , HeavyL's idea sounds great!!! , add a couple more days of ketosis before the carb up. Might help alot.

Chris
    So I assume all the rules of carb up days wouuld still apply which means I will have to change my workouts, etc. Just need to figure out to sneak that in. Carb up over the weekends are much easier

Thread Information