Page 566 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 664665165565615625635645655665675685695705715766166661066 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,640 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    Alright...big progress today. As much as I despise changing any variable at all as per y'all's discussion it's time to change up a little. Going to do some practical investigating on the v squats as opposed to normal squats today. Been getting excited about it since reading this. Now here is the question...have only done them a few times....each time have superset wide with narrow...noticed each time it caused some stress (not much) on lower back. Could this be a form issue? Possibly is the lower back weak? When it comes to any back pain I err on side of caution as so many have injured their back to the point of no return and that is not an option. What are your thoughts? Thanks for any tips at all. This chick will build some wheels!
    Do them in the reverse its far better for your back and less likely for injury. Infact it takes all my lower back out if done correctly. I would go with the same stance as with normal BB squats around shoulder width apart with your feet pointing out. When your feet point out it activates your glutes more and if you visualise trying to twist your feet outwards this will tense your glutes and put your body inline and your spine straight. Put your hands on the top of the pads near your delts and pull down with your elbows so it locks your back up again this will tense your back and support your spine. Brace by using the diaphragm and breath through your stomach and not chest. Your spine upper and lower is protected and the power from this position is amazing, At the top of every rep go through those 3 positioning and lockin for the lift, it will only take the same time as one deep breath in once you get use to it. Stick your arse out and keep your back straight no under or over extension but you should be fine if you have done the above.. Also make sure your knees don't go over your feet, make sure your feet are in enough so this doesn't happen.
    Last edited by marcus300; 07-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    @NACH3 @Hazard @Sfla80... All great info and thank y'all!!!

Will post tonight how it goes.
    Oh so reverse is apparently way to go on the hack one (shoulder pad one?) and the other is V squat just to be certain, correct?

Still swear there will be bigger wheels by next spring. Strong sweeping lines, not stopping till it happens!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    @NACH3 @Hazard @Sfla80... All great info and thank y'all!!!

Will post tonight how it goes.
    Oh so reverse is apparently way to go on the hack one (shoulder pad one?) and the other is V squat just to be certain, correct?

Still swear there will be bigger wheels by next spring. Strong sweeping lines, not stopping till it happens!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150713_105538.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	158076

Hack squat

Name:	ForumRunner_20150713_105546.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	158077

V squat
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'm 6'1..... I do them with my heals touching the top of the platform
    Cool... That's what I've been doing and is the most comfortable - thx again!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Chest

Stretching rolling(SMR - lacrosse/& tennis ball in rears) abs
    Warmed up w/some side/front laterals - steering wheels - light presses into feelers

1. Flat BB smith - 4-5 feelers - first time I loaded the bar up (3 aside+ a quater - since last cycle) - 1w 6(2 forces) DD 3/2

2. Incline BB Smith - 3 feelers - 1w 6(2 forces) DD 4/2 - I was in the zone so I went to flys...

3. Flat DB flys right into presses(I was so done by the time I hit presses I could barely do any more than 5) - 2w(flys failing between 5-8 - presses no more than 5) really fatigued - but pushed through

4. Incline DB flys right into presses - 2w(same as above) maybe less presses but focus was on flys into presses

5. Hammer strength decline - 1w + RP DD

6. Cables

Totally in the zone today - pump fantastic - weights done in 43min cardio 30min & done
    Last edited by NACH3; 07-13-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Did shoulders i never had much time so it was a rapid session seated side raises for a warm up.

Seated side raises 1 working +rp DD

Db upright row 1 working +rp 1 drop **new weight**

Rev db fly 1 working +rp 1 drop

Rev cable fly 1 working 1 drop 4 neg

shoulder press 1working +rp DD **new weight**

Front raises with a plate 3 sets high rep

No cardio as i never had time good session though shoulders were burning on all ex.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Did shoulders i never had much time so it was a rapid session seated side raises for a warm up.

Seated side raises 1 working +rp DD

Db upright row 1 working +rp 1 drop **new weight**

Rev db fly 1 working +rp 1 drop

Rev cable fly 1 working 1 drop 4 neg

shoulder press 1working +rp DD **new weight**

Front raises with a plate 3 sets high rep

No cardio as i never had time good session though shoulders were burning on all ex.
    Nice clarky....how do u like the db uprights?
    Mind me asking weight used? I'm usually hitting 80-90 ez bar. Can get 100 but for 3-4.

Going for shoulders tonight might throw them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Nice clarky....how do u like the db uprights?
    Mind me asking weight used? I'm usually hitting 80-90 ez bar. Can get 100 but for 3-4.

Going for shoulders tonight might throw them in.
    Thanks mate. I just started doing them last wk sfla as i had a wee niggle with the pec/delt tie in so could not do them because of the pain but they are great i really get a good burn in the side delt from doing them. I do them after side raises so there kinda pre ex the now am on 25kg db's mate

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post

Thanks mate. I just started doing them last wk sfla as i had a wee niggle with the pec/delt tie in so could not do them because of the pain but they are great i really get a good burn from doing them. I do them after side raises so there kinda pre ex the now am on 25kg db's mate
    Give me a second to Google conversion

Give me a second to Google conversion
    55lb.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I find if I go over the 70's it starts to hurt my shoulders, 70's seem to be my sweet spot right now. Can't use a bar anymore due to pain, so the db have been a good addition to the routine.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I find if I go over the 70's it starts to hurt my shoulders, 70's seem to be my sweet spot right now. Can't use a bar anymore due to pain, so the db have been a good addition to the routine.
    Have you ever tried it w/the EZ bar(attachment) w/cables(I find it smoother due to pain also)... I'll also use the smith & DB's but always have to watch my form - alignment of my shoulder - (or sometimes when I feel better I'll use the EZ bar... Just a thought, Zemp

Just got back shoulders....figured I would update as steaks are cooking.

Seated bb press 3 warms, 1 feel, 2 working DD

Reverse hammer strength 1 feel, 2 working, 1 drop

Seated dB lateral raise 2 working, DD

Ez bar underhand front raise 2 working 1 drop

Behind back cable lateral raise 2 working. Wanted to do pec/Dec here but all were taken. Went to lower the pully could barely lift my arms at this point to do it.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

BOOM HELLSYEAHHHH!!!!
    So freaking stoked and excited. Thank y'all for that push!!!!! Couldn't even wait to get home to let ya know I loved the reverse v squat. Did 4 super sets feet shoulder width followed by close stance. New feeling! You are all officially excused for forgetting to get me a birthday present HOLY HECK IM IN HEAVEN!!!!

Thank you again so much @NACH3 @sfla80 @Hazard and @Marcus300, y'all rock!!!!!
    WhhhaaaaHooooooo
    NACH3, clarky. and BG like this.

BOOM HELLSYEAHHHH!!!!
    So freaking stoked and excited. Thank y'all for that push!!!!! Couldn't even wait to get home to let ya know I loved the reverse v squat. Did 4 super sets feet shoulder width followed by close stance. New feeling! You are all officially excused for forgetting to get me a birthday present HOLY HECK IM IN HEAVEN!!!!

WhhhaaaaHooooooo
    Awesome!!! Glad u liked IMB!!

And happy belated bday???
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    BOOM HELLSYEAHHHH!!!!

WhhhaaaaHooooooo
    LOL - YOU ROCK!!! Like the energy you bring... That's saying a lot in here... Glad it worked out as you hoped! Happy belated, as well!!

Ahhhhhhh!!!! Still over the top with happiness. Waited the whole entire workout to do try them.
    Just pulled over to pump gas...usually on leg day things are pudding after...currently they are past pudding n slop. Man oh man bring on the misery tomorrow...damage has been done!

Oh did
    10 sets single leg extensions (drop twice) (50,40,30 failure)
    4 sets wide stance squats (drop twice)
    (195,175,165 failure) Veins a poppin below parallel no matter what, 4 count negative, pause 2 count positive
    Knew I had to make them extra good cause reverse v's were coming and didn't want to not push myself hard enough if for some reason they caused an issue.
    And then FIREWORKS!
    4 sets, you got it....REVERSE V SQUATS...
    First practiced form without weight. Thank you @marcus300 for guidance on technique.
    First set was 90 pounds(2 45 plates) 10 shoulder width, 10 close stance. 4 sec negative and pop up with squeeze and bootie was most certainly out as far as possible.
    Second set (2 45's and 2 25's) repeat to failure shoulder and close stance
    Third and Fourth set pushed it up to 4 45's and went for it! Painful yes....did I stop...HELLLS NO! Made up my mind I would get 4 reps of each stance no matter what. Lots of bracing, breathing and making the ugly face.
    Even had a couple people watching me and just didn't give a crap. I was in my zone and nothing was gonna distract me or make me feel weird...sweat my arse off...hair drenched!
    HAPPY FREAKING DAY AND SERIOUSLY THANKFUL FOR YALL!
    Now food.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Marcus, you see what this thread and You do for people! You've got a gift my friend! And thx for sharing it w/us all! Just reading things regularly and the sessions alone are enough to give me goose bumps everyday - let alone stepping foot into the gym!
    almostgone likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    You guys wanna try somethin that'll render your legs useless?

- heavy squats

- Reverse v squat superset with walking weighted lunges

- Romanian dead lifts

- leg curls and leg extension
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-image-2015050078.jpg  
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

^^^^ my legs were sore for days..... Gotta try to go to failure. If you can compete the 3rd set of walking lunges without lowering the weight..... You aren't going heavy enough.

By the time one half way across the gym on my 2nd set I'm fighting with myself wondering why I didnt lower the weight. That's when I push through - finish my set - and collapse

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    When doing reverse v-squats stick your ass out more than in the picture posted. It hits the quads real nice! I love going heavy on these. Feet should be just a tad past shoulder width
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    You guys wanna try somethin that'll render your legs useless? - heavy squats - Reverse v squat superset with walking weighted lunges - Romanian dead lifts - leg curls and leg extension
    Hmmmm it's on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Marcus, you see what this thread and You do for people! You've got a gift my friend! And thx for sharing it w/us all! Just reading things regularly and the sessions alone are enough to give me goose bumps everyday - let alone stepping foot into the gym!
    Exactly! We all need this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Name:	ForumRunner_20150713_105538.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	158076

Hack squat

Reverse hacks are one of my favorite exercises right now.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Man, I absolutely could not sleep today. Took extra meds, but my legs kept working OT. Walking fairly slowly today; ended up getting about 2.5 hours sleep.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by sfla80 View Post
    awesome!!! Glad u liked imb!!

and happy belated bday???

x2!!
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-13-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Back day the day love it shoulders are a bit sore the day so that's good i'll report back the night.
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    I've just started them zempey as i said to sfla i had bother with my pec/delt tie in so i could not do these and i was the same i could not use a bar not even a ez bar so i'll just dodge away with the db and see how high i can get.

Arms in a few..... Damn tendinitis. I'm lookin into that voodoo floss
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    My back is a mess, was aching all night and when I woke up this morning I had that deep dull ache in my muscles. Good feeling, but slowed me down a bit for chest today. Did knock out 20 reps with 225 and 3 solid reps at 315, chest is getting constantly stronger, I love it.

Bench: 1 warm, 2 feel, 1 working, 1 burn.

Incline db: 2 feel, 1 working.

Incline fly: 2 working.

Decline Hammer: 2 working.

Called it a day, my shoulder was getting achy and my energy level was gone, didn't want to stress it on my first week back. Off tomorrow then legs Thursday.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Great posts as always in here. Just back from a weekend away with lots of restaraunt food and a few beers thrown in for good measure. Back hard at it tonight cannot wait been needing the release.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Chest is screamin(started yesterday about 6 hrs after the session) that deep dull pain - plus the flys into presses finished me off after doing my flat/& Incline . Plus my back is still very sore as well....

Legs on the agenda, for today.... Will report back later!
    DCI likes this.

Arms tonight for me. Had planned to hit arms yesterday, but the leg session from the night before absolutely had every nerve in my legs all wound up amd my body just wouldn't shut down, even with prescription medication. I literally got 2.5 hrs. sleep.
    Weird thing is, it was a pullback lift, or at least I meant for it to be. Oh well, will sleep good today.
    Eating 6 egg whites, 4 oz flank steak, and some oats now and have a whey shake beside the bed for later.
    Hope everyone has a kick@ss day.
    NACH3, DCI, BG and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Arms in a few..... Damn tendinitis. I'm lookin into that voodoo floss
    Haz just paste the phrase below into Google and grab one of the Youtube vids off the top of the page.

voodoo floss band kelly starrett elbow

I don't know if it squeezes the inflammation out from around the bursa or what, but after you wrap your elbow and flex it for a short bit (you'll know when by the color of your hand), and you release the band material the rush of blood into the area feels SO good.

Anyway, hope it gives you some relief, Haz.

Back this morning

High pully hammer strength. 3 warms, 1 feel, 2 working, 1 drop

Pic on bottom of post for this next movement.

Bent over row hammer strength machine. (Basically same movement kel posted a pic of doing.on smith) 1 feel, 2 working DD

Same machine now standing front of weights doing a bent over one arm row 2 working.

Seated rows 2 working 1 drop

Underhand pull downs 2 working DD

Name:	ForumRunner_20150714_105429.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	158092

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Back this morning

High pully hammer strength. 3 warms, 1 feel, 2 working, 1 drop

Pic on bottom of post for this next movement.

Bent over row hammer strength machine. (Basically same movement kel posted a pic of doing.on smith) 1 feel, 2 working DD

Same machine now standing front of weights doing a bent over one arm row 2 working.

Seated rows 2 working 1 drop

Underhand pull downs 2 working DD

Name:	ForumRunner_20150714_105429.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	158092
    Sfla I believe it's still a T-Bar row - it's just not the old school type... I like both - but old school T-bars really allowall other stabilizing muscles to activate as well - it's always nice to switch it up

How'd you like em... That way?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Sfla I believe it's still a T-Bar row - it's just not the old school type... I like both - but old school T-bars really allowall other stabilizing muscles to activate as well - it's always nice to switch it up

How'd you like em... That way?
    I thought so nach...but was close to what kel was showing I thought.

I liked them but like u said...much rather do a Tbar old school. That was the plan going in, and was looking at this and said f it lol...first time even trying it
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I thought so nach...but was close to what kel was showing I thought.

I liked them but like u said...much rather do a Tbar old school. That was the plan going in, and was looking at this and said f it lol...first time even trying it
    Same concept - but if he doesn't have that set up(machine) then his bench and smith obviously do the trick - I'd like to try those too(the pic of Kels smith/bench set up

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    So, had my first HIT session this morning, smashed chest and biceps/forearms.

Super sore now! painful to wipe my ass this morning! ha

def going to take some adjusting on getting in the zone, need to get more of a mind muscle connection on flys and forearms!

any tips on getting the best out of flys?

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny
    So, had my first HIT session this morning, smashed chest and biceps/forearms.

Super sore now! painful to wipe my ass this morning! ha

def going to take some adjusting on getting in the zone, need to get more of a mind muscle connection on flys and forearms!

any tips on getting the best out of flys?
    Don't cave your chest and "Feel" the stretch
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Thread Information