Page 857 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3577578078478528538548558568578588598608618628679079571357 ... LastLast
Results 34,241 to 34,280 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Almost back in my schedule/groove. Off to the shop for cardio.
    clarky. likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, mine usually turns into a giant clump within 6-7 hours.
    I'm eligible to donate again next week..Hope to get by the blood bank before having labs done so they can deal.with draining me.
    I'd be tickled sh!tless if my hemoglobin was 16.7

Haha... I had a feeling you'd say that lol - mine turned to sludge(coagulated) pretty dang quickly, too!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Low back/hammies/glute work worked out w/a strongman competitor this evening

Good mornings into paused squats(low exploding up from box
    4w each 10/10

Deads
    4x 12

DB stiff legged deads
    4w 15 each

Abs
    4w 25-30 each

Im dying - my low back is weak and it won't be for long
    Great w/o - feel a tad sick from bleeding etc but a much better pump after the bleed!
    clarky., marcus300 and Bodacious like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Morning guys and girls, shoulders and traps nice and sore this morning.
    Bi's are still fried lol these fvckers will grow like it or fvcking lump it they will haha.

Just going to start work am having a rest day the day so i'll catch up the night fellas have a good day.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning fellas,

LOL Clarky... 'Like it or lump it' lmaoo

My low back, hips, hammies, & glutes are fvking fried! Wow! Got word that I'll be starting at another gym(atm)... Gonna be a great oppertunity!!

Have a great day all... I'll be reporting back later!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Good morning hitters! Feeling much better today got after it and had a great arm day today.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    De load week this week. Light back last night was good.

Many med weight reps nothing exciting but needed as away on hols next week.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I enjoyed my week off with my family and took a break from training.

I'm back at work, back to eating like a 250lb man, and back in the dungeon.

Now to catch up!
    marcus300, NACH3, clarky. and 1 others like this.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Hit a real Mother-fer of a leg workout this morning. Squats 3 working sets to complete failure, as in after the last screaming grunting face twisting positive rep taking a deep breath and dropping again for a slow negative fighting the weight down to the spotting pins. Then collapsing on the floor to get my life back together before resetting and going again. You know you hit legs hard when you're forearms are sore afterward! (Squeezing the bar as hard as possible to transfer every ounce of energy into keeping it moving) Great way to start the day.
    marcus300, NACH3, DROY and 3 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Hit a real Mother-fer of a leg workout this morning. Squats 3 working sets to complete failure, as in after the last screaming grunting face twisting positive rep taking a deep breath and dropping again for a slow negative fighting the weight down to the spotting pins. Then collapsing on the floor to get my life back together before resetting and going again. You know you hit legs hard when you're forearms are sore afterward! (Squeezing the bar as hard as possible to transfer every ounce of energy into keeping it moving) Great way to start the day.
    It's interesting you bring up the fact that even during leg day... My hands/forearms/and even my bis after last nights low back/glute/hammie dominant w/o, were and are still sore as hell!

We had a box that was lower than a crate... Using bands(2 - 50lb tension bands) strapped to the SSB(Spider bar attachment) pulling you forward - we had a very wide stance to pause on that box b4 exploding up... Toes pointed out opening up hips and shooting those hips as far back as possible keeping that arch in low back(w/a neutral spine) was absolute torment - oh but first we did good mornings and S/S'd w/the above mentioned exercise!

It was awesomely painful!

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    It's interesting you bring up the fact that even during leg day... My hands/forearms/and even my bis after last nights low back/glute/hammie dominant w/o, were and are still sore as hell!

We had a box that was lower than a crate... Using bands(2 - 50lb tension bands) strapped to the SSB(Spider bar attachment) pulling you forward - we had a very wide stance to pause on that box b4 exploding up... Toes pointed out opening up hips and shooting those hips as far back as possible keeping that arch in low back(w/a neutral spine) was absolute torment - oh but first we did good mornings and S/S'd w/the above mentioned exercise!

It was awesomely painful!
    I often take a day off after either squats or deadlifts because literally my whole body is sore!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    I often take a day off after either squats or deadlifts because literally my whole body is sore!
    Yessir, same here... I am sore all over today... Tho it wasn't a HIT w/o it sure was very intense... Felt like one giant set! No rest - just set after set then we started S/Sing keeping intensity super high & rest periods very short! That's putting it nicely!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Great stuff recently guys.

Hope everyone is feeling better/ feeling well.

Hope injuries are healing and allowing everyone to make progress.

Thanks for continued inspiration...

Back at it tonight.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Great posts lads most def read the bracing and breathing thread been practicing this a lot lately helps an awful lot
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Some great sessions there guys, am going to do tri's the mora well i want to but we'll see how busy the gym is lol.
    If not then something els will be getting fried
    DCI, marcus300, almostgone and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Shoulder is feeling good - Gonna try to get in a session today! Maybe chest or delts/traps!

So... Went to my other job today and all I can say is that it's right up my alley(BBing, pros, amateurs & everyone in between... Very excited to be part of a World renowned Gym... Super stoked

Shoulder is feeling good - Gonna try to get in a session today! Maybe chest or delts/traps!

So... Went to my other job today and all I can say is that it's right up my alley(BBing, pros, amateurs & everyone in between... Very excited to be part of a World renowned Gym... Super stoked
    Good stuff nach hope it all goes well mate.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Good stuff nach hope it all goes well mate.
    Thx Clarky, that's greatly appreciated!

I must give credit where it's due buddy... Without this site and it's training/nutrition knowledge, no class has come close to the amount of knowledge that's here on this site(in this thread) and it's helped me tremendously both in living this lifestyle and now being able to pay it forward to every client I 'serve'...
    marcus300, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Thx Clarky, that's greatly appreciated!

I must give credit where it's due buddy... Without this site and it's training/nutrition knowledge, no class has come close to the amount of knowledge that's here on this site(in this thread) and it's helped me tremendously both in living this lifestyle and now being able to pay it forward to every client I 'serve'...
    I will send you my paypal address

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

The above is very serious when lifting, its actually amazing once you lock in and feel the core stabilize within what you can you better and heavier and most of all without injury
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, mine usually turns into a giant clump within 6-7 hours.
    I'm eligible to donate again next week..Hope to get by the blood bank before having labs done so they can deal.with draining me.
    I'd be tickled sh!tless if my hemoglobin was 16.7
    Just have your wife do it. It's simple and you don't have to wait 2 months. I stopped donating because the blood bank saw a tattoo. Hct got up to 51. Wife took a half pint every two weeks for a couple of months. Everything is perfect now and I don't get a huge bruise from the rookies at the red Cross. Just a thought.

Not been posting lifts or whats been happening because I have so much going on in my life its hard to explain but I have a heart of a lion for training and its being tested every fuking day.

Will update soon

weight is still good, size and condition not bad, a little to much bf but stretching hoodies no problem, but wouldn't want a shower with kel that's for sure
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Just have your wife do it. It's simple and you don't have to wait 2 months. I stopped donating because the blood bank saw a tattoo. Hct got up to 51. Wife took a half pint every two weeks for a couple of months. Everything is perfect now and I don't get a huge bruise from the rookies at the red Cross. Just a thought.
    LOL, I already drain whenever my hematocrit hits ~54% or more. I always run high. I generally have to self bleed in between donations to keep hematocrit down. I have a clotting disorder and keep a close eye on my hematocrit value. My hematocrit was 51.8 prior to TRT and I hadn't cycled in years.
    The wife does help, but trust me, it's much better if I handle the venipuncture.
    I'm surprised the blood bank gave you crap for some ink. Was it a recent tattoo?
    I've got a good bit of ink myself.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-15-2016 at 06:29 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Headed to the shop in a few to.work shoulders.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I already drain whenever my hematocrit hits ~54% or more. I always run high. I generally have to self bleed in between donations to keep hematocrit down. I have a clotting disorder and keep a close eye on my hematocrit value.
    The wife does help, but trust me, it's much better if I handle the venipuncture.
    I'm surprised the blood bank gave you crap for some ink. Was it a recent tattoo?
    I've got a good bit of ink myself.
    Ahh, ok. I didn't know about your issue. Here in CA, you have to wait a year after a tattoo. This was news to me. I never had anyone question it before. But, I prefer it at home, anyway.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Ahh, ok. I didn't know about your issue. Here in CA, you have to wait a year after a tattoo. This was news to me. I never had anyone question it before. But, I prefer it at home, anyway.
    I can completely appreciate that. It's much more convenient for me to self bleed at home as well. I just donate when I can and hope that it helps someone out later on. Actually, I'm somewhat fortunate regarding blood donations. People with Factor V Leiden are allowed to donate blood, but people with other blood conditions like polycythemia vera generally aren't allowed to donate.
    Side note, didn't you used to have an avi that hills/mountains in the background?
    NACH3 likes this.

Dang, it felt good to be pushing weight again. I jumped into it pretty hard and can tell I'll be dealing with the results for a few days. Decided not to play around and just jump straight back.into it with some extra.focus on the negatives.

RC exercises and broomstick stretches
    D'bell shoulder press- 2 w/u, Work1- 4+,drop,fail,drop,2+,drop,3+. Work2- 3+ reps w/ a long 10 count neg on last partial.
    Side lateral- 2 w/u, Work+4+,drop,1+,drop,3+ - 1+. 10 count neg on all partials reps.
    Reverse flyes- 2 w/u, Work-5+,drop,1+,drop,3+. 10 count hold into a slow negative on all partials reps.
    B'bell shrugs- 2 w/u, Work1 (front)- 6+,drop,3+. 10 count neg on last partial. Work2 (rear)- 4+,drop,4+. 10 count neg on partial reps.

A little slow, but nice and intense. Shoulders are still hot and starting to get nicely sore. Tomorrow will be interesting.
    42 minutes including storing bells and plates.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-16-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Morning guys and girls.

Morning, Clarky!
    clarky. likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning gents

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Morning hitters. Had a great back session today! It's nice to be recovered again
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Last night. Back/bi.

Lat pushdowns. 2 working sets to failure.

Close grip, palms facing, pulldowns: first working set for 6. Second working set was for 3, then a drop for 3. Did 2 negatives.

DB rows: Higher reps, but hit failiure. First set was 11, second set was for 8. Rest paused and got 3. Not ideal, but I'm limited on the DBs.

DB shrugs: 3 sets of 25 and a fourth set for 19 which was form failure, then forced up 6.

DB preacher curls: 4 reps, then 3 assisted reps, then 3 negatives, drop for 2 and a negative. Almost exactly the same for the left arm.

DB concentration curls: 5 reps then negatives...maybe 4 or 5, but couldnt even resist on the last one. Almost the same for the left arm.
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

I need to do more forearm work: any HIT ideas for forearms? I usually do a little after arms, but I need to place a greater emphasis on them. My bis and tris look great, but I feel I am lacking in the forearm department.

Might consider doing a forearm and calf workout together on a separate day. Not really sure best way to hit them. I mean, I know the exercises, but I'm more looking for opinions on some best practices.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I need to do more forearm work: any HIT ideas for forearms? I usually do a little after arms, but I need to place a greater emphasis on them. My bis and tris look great, but I feel I am lacking in the forearm department.

Might consider doing a forearm and calf workout together on a separate day. Not really sure best way to hit them. I mean, I know the exercises, but I'm more looking for opinions on some best practices.

I always like super-setting them. Hammer-curls / wrist curls or reverse curls / wrist curls. Done fast n furious.
    novastepp likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I always like super-setting them. Hammer-curls / wrist curls or reverse curls / wrist curls. Done fast n furious.
    What rep range do you usually hit, Kel? Doesn't matter if you try for a range, just wondering where you fall.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    but wouldn't want a shower with kel that's for sure
    Freudian slip?

Primitive Defense Mechanisms

1. Denial
    Denial is the refusal to accept reality or fact, acting as if a feeling did not exist. It is considered one of the most primitive of the defense mechanisms because it is characteristic of early development. Many people use denial in their everyday lives to avoid dealing with feelings or areas of their life they don’t wish to admit.
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    What rep range do you usually hit, Kel? Doesn't matter if you try for a range, just wondering where you fall.
    Around 10-15 ish for me. I have to tread lightly with my radialis as I always irritate them with squats of all things.
    novastepp likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Dang, it felt good to be pushing weight again. I jumped into it pretty hard and can tell I'll be dealing with the results for a few days. Decided not to play around and just jump straight back.into it with some extra.focus on the negatives.

RC exercises and broomstick stretches
    D'bell shoulder press- 2 w/u, Work1- 4+,drop,fail,drop,2+,drop,3+. Work2- 3+ reps w/ a long 10 count neg on last partial.
    Side lateral- 2 w/u, Work+4+,drop,1+,drop,3+ - 1+. 10 count neg on all partials reps.
    Reverse flyes- 2 w/u, Work-5+,drop,1+,drop,3+. 10 count hold into a slow negative on all partials reps.
    B'bell shrugs- 2 w/u, Work1 (front)- 6+,drop,3+. 10 count neg on last partial. Work2 (rear)- 4+,drop,4+. 10 count neg on partial reps.

A little slow, but nice and intense. Shoulders are still hot and starting to get nicely sore. Tomorrow will be interesting.
    42 minutes including storing bells and plates.
    Nice session AG.
    almostgone likes this.

Did tri's the night it was a good session

Lying db tri ex incline 1 working DD

CG bench 1 working DD (Smith)

Tri pd 3 sets s bar (Stack)

Tri ex behind head v bar 1 working 1 drop (cable)

Dips 2 sets i had nothing left.

Done, tri's are fried the now lol was a job trying to get ma t shirt off hahaha then trying to dry ma back was fun.
    Bodacious and almostgone like this.

Thread Information