Page 858 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3587588088488538548558568578588598608618628638689089581358 ... LastLast
Results 34,281 to 34,320 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Hello fellas!!

Took the day off from the gym. The body is just sore as hell. I might take tomorrow off also??? This is another pull back week for me. I hate missing two days in a row though. Trying to get ready for my cycle in a few weeks and I want to be on my game and feel good when I start it.

I hope everyone is doing good. Just been super busy with work and family.

Give it hell guys!!!
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Hello fellas!!

Took the day off from the gym. The body is just sore as hell. I might take tomorrow off also??? This is another pull back week for me. I hate missing two days in a row though. Trying to get ready for my cycle in a few weeks and I want to be on my game and feel good when I start it.

I hope everyone is doing good. Just been super busy with work and family.

Give it hell guys!!!
    Give your body another day, it sure sounds like you need it! IM learning each day... If im tired im listening now - and ive been maintaining my weight and shape... I used to say/& do the same putting my body thru hell and not giving it the recovery time it needed! Rest up brother!
    Bodacious, almostgone and clarky. like this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Whew! Shoulders are wrecked and my tris and a tad sore as well. I'm happy.
    Bodacious, NACH3, clarky. and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Around 10-15 ish for me. I have to tread lightly with my radialis as I always irritate them with squats of all things.
    Pulling the bar into traps on squats and close grip bench have always been rough on my wrists and forearms. Once they start acting up it seems to take forever to ease up.
    novastepp likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Morning guys and girls, tri's are destroyed the day. At work so i'll catch up the night.
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good morning hitters I hit legs pretty hard today. Feeling better and better each day. I'm about 80 percent now. Darn sinus infections just take forever to recover from but again I see light at the end of the tunnel
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Morning guys/gals!!

Clarky don't work to hard!
    Bio glad your feeling better everyday. Like you said damn sinus infection takes forever to heal.

For myself today, I am more than likely going to take another day off. I might go to the park and walk a little bit just to get out before week. No weights or anything like that again today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Calves last night.

Focused on the stretch and negative more than the contraction. Used about half the weight that I would use doing Marcus' routine.

It was higher reps, but I hit failure on all three sets. And each set included a drop set to body weight with my toes on the plate. Before dropping, I would stretch for 10 seconds and it really burned, I mean it was good...

Failed at 21, 17, and 15 respectively, and drops were for 20 reps each.

Slower=more pain.

Just changing it up this week...
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

I need to start warming up my biceps more; technically my elbows.

Even though I prefer to do biceps after back and they should be warmed up, my elbows are sore the day after I attack them. I do a warm up set and a feeler set for bicep exercises, but still, I need to do more. Either that or my elbows are getting wrecked for some reason.

Anyone else have this issue? The problem doesn't linger, but its very evident the day or two after.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Freaking long time here guys....been here just not posting as much.

Guys r killing it as usual.

Had a deload/pullback week. And now I'm back in full force.

Still think I have a sinus infection. Gonna have to break down and finally call doc.

I hit shoulders monday, back tues, and killed chest today.

It was fly day. Incline fly, flat fly, pec/dec, leaning dB fly. I did throw in two sets flat dB press but I was weak by that time lol.

Hit 80s on incline fly. Tried taking a video to check form out (felt like a tool trying to set the phone up) so it ended up being horrible angle :/. Have to get some one to do it for me.

Anyways glad everyone is doing good here.
    NACH3, almostgone, BG and 3 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Damn late gettin in here - but im refreshed and ready to go! Looking forward to trashing something nicely today!
    I'll definitely report back later - I've been much more busy over the last wk or so(a good thing of course)!
    BG, Bodacious and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Calves last night.

Focused on the stretch and negative more than the contraction. Used about half the weight that I would use doing Marcus' routine.

It was higher reps, but I hit failure on all three sets. And each set included a drop set to body weight with my toes on the plate. Before dropping, I would stretch for 10 seconds and it really burned, I mean it was good...

Failed at 21, 17, and 15 respectively, and drops were for 20 reps each.

Slower=more pain.

Just changing it up this week...
    I'm tinkering with increased time on negatives and it really does dig deep into the tissue and the DOMS is much more noticeable.
    BG, Bodacious, Java Man and 2 others like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Great to hear all is going well with you guys. Im getting on track more and more, things are settling down for the most part. Shoulder/arm is getting better, I cant do any kind of standing curls, preacher fine but once I put tension when standing my tri hurts like hell. Hopefully Ill get a good squat day in tomorrow after last weeks nightmare, but Im optimistic. Im ready to start posting up some work outs and get moving forward again with you guys.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Been busy lately but still going strong. Back into my regular routine and strength is about where it was when I stopped lifting last October. Intensity back up to normal too. Cardio is recovered, I don't get winded just looking at a heavy bell now.

I figured out why I was eating so much a few weeks ago. Funny in a way because no harm done but irresponsible on my part... I am taking T3 on a 2 wk on 2 wk off regimen, and I misread the label as 100mcg / ml. It was actually 200mcg/ml so I was at my peak taking 120mcg daily. That is a shit ton of T3. One of the side effects is extreme hunger. That also explains why I was gaining weight while losing BF%. I am stable now after tapering off T3 and I took Tyrosine and iodide supplements. My TSH is now around 2.0 which is mid range. So no damage was done.

Anyways, my diet is normalized at around 6K cal daily and I have adjusted my fat cals down. I am now at about 225 and 19% BF so doing well. Cycle is mid range dosages of test/tren and dbol 2 weeks on 2weeks off. Will go back on T3 but not until summer when I do a real cut and at a reasonable dosage now that I know it's twice as strong as the old stuff I used to use.. Right now I am trying to cleanly bulk. Those who know me know what I mean by mid range dose. it isn't 2 grams/wk but it isn't 350mg/wk either. nothing dangerous though. I have grandchildren now and I'd like to be around to see them have kids.

Keep crushing those weights!

Legs tonight. I hate legs. But they must be done. So no food until after workout.
    Last edited by Java Man; 03-17-2016 at 06:54 PM.
    almostgone, clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Great to hear all is going well with you guys. Im getting on track more and more, things are settling down for the most part. Shoulder/arm is getting better, I cant do any kind of standing curls, preacher fine but once I put tension when standing my tri hurts like hell. Hopefully Ill get a good squat day in tomorrow after last weeks nightmare, but Im optimistic. Im ready to start posting up some work outs and get moving forward again with you guys.
    Excellent. You can keep my slack @ss motivated. Shooting to work back tomorrow evening. Stayed up almost all day waiting on a delivery. It was scheduled to be delivered by 4:30 p.m. and that is exactly what time it arrived. Very little sleep before coming into work tonight, but I am stocked on Voltaren cream and extra BP meds now.
    clarky., novastepp and NACH3 like this.

Morning guys and girls, had a rest day yesterday it was good. Feeling good the day and it's BACK!! Day i am going to fvcking destroy it.

At work so no time to post guys i'll catch up later lol am fvcking always saying that lately lol.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Morning guys and girls, had a rest day yesterday it was good. Feeling good the day and it's BACK!! Day i am going to fvcking destroy it.

At work so no time to post guys i'll catch up later lol am fvcking always saying that lately lol.

Same here, Clarky. I also am in an unusually good mood. I'll be working the negatives and static holds on everything a little "extra more" except for Tbar rows and deads.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Great posts in here lads. I did a very quick light shoulder session yesterday and went for a drive with my friends as the roads were empty from all the people at parades.

De load week for the week and then holidays got to be done before hols.
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning fellas,

I was never able to get In yesterday(ran into some family problems - but things are looking up)!

Im so ready to crush and shift some weight! I'll report back later guys - as im super busy all day(which is a great thing) have a great Friday all!
    almostgone, clarky. and Java Man like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same here, Clarky. I also am in an unusually good mood. I'll be working the negatives and static holds on everything a little "extra more" except for Tbar rows and deads.
    The new gym im at has a great T-bar row set up(already on a platform(for more ROM) and it has 3-4 fixed grips on it! Stoked to try this out - and so much hamner strength machines! It seemed when I tried them that the one they had actually laying down is going to be my go to for flat/or actually already on a slight incline
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

^^^ that will be a defo plus having access to a broad range of equipment.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ that will be a defo plus having access to a broad range of equipment.
    I totally agree, AG! I was playing around in the machines(and they have all the type of equipment that I see on YouTube vids - I felt the difference in the various grips as it hit the back at different angles! I can foresee filling in any weak points(lagging BPs) much easier! Plus it has a strongman stuff(huge tires, plate loaded log press, huge DBs that you can also plate load etc) very siked!
    novastepp, clarky. and almostgone like this.

Sounds amazing, Nach!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Sounds amazing, Nach!
    I'll report back on anything new that comes to mind regarding hitting as many different angles as possible(it'll be easier to mix it up from session to session) it may be the same movement but a different attachment or grip... And their hammer strength equipment is the best I've seen and for chest you really get that great squeeze at peak contraction!

Chest last night was great.

Decline BB: added some weight and really tore it up! First set was 6 and failed on the 7th pretty quick, that 6th full rep was a freaking screamer. Used the same weight on a second set and got 2 full. Drop set for 2 again, then rest paused and got a full rep up and it was a nightmare! Was definitely shaking!

Slight incline DB press: I'm now in between DBs, so I used some big ankle weights to add 5lbs to each arm: its a bit awkward, but doable with the DBs and wrist wraps. So, in any case, my first set had to be a warm up because I hit 11 reps and I stopped shy of failure so I could take ~30-45 seconds and then hit failure. I got 7 reps on my first working set. Second working set I got 4 and then dropped for another 4. Next time I may do a set of pushups first, or I may have to buy some more DBs...

Resistance bands for some static flexing and slow negative stretches: I love these. They really burn and are a nice low impact way of finishing off the chest and tearing into that tissue.

Seated lateral raises: again I'm in between DBs, but incorporating some static holds and TUT on these keeps me in the rep range. First set failed on a 6th full rep. Then rest paused/15 deep breaths and used the same weight and got 3 full and then went into partials, quarters, etc.

Cable behind the back lat raises: These really finish the delts. I performed 5 full reps and then went into partials and quarters n each arm.

Skull crushers: Really great series with these.
    First set was for 4 full, second set was for 2 full and I performed 3 forced negatives. Drop set for 3 and then 3 forced negatives. Crispy.

Cable pulldowns: I worked to positive failure, but was emphasizing the negative on this exercise. So I hit 7 reps, with nice slow negatives and a pause on the contraction until I couldn't fully perform the 8th rep. I added weight and then threw the weight down and performed heavy negatives for 4 negative reps until I couldn't stop the rope.

My schedule is pretty busy so I am combining body parts. I can only workout 3...maybe...4 days a week sometimes. So I feel its most advantageous to combine shoulders and arms at this time. If I were on cycle I wouldn't mind teh extra time in between body parts, but currently I don't want to go too long without tearing it down.
    NACH3, clarky., almostgone and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I'll report back on anything new that comes to mind regarding hitting as many different angles as possible(it'll be easier to mix it up from session to session) it may be the same movement but a different attachment or grip... And their hammer strength equipment is the best I've seen and for chest you really get that great squeeze at peak contraction!
    So jealous!
    NACH3 likes this.

The new gym im at has a great T-bar row set up(already on a platform(for more ROM) and it has 3-4 fixed grips on it! Stoked to try this out - and so much hamner strength machines! It seemed when I tried them that the one they had actually laying down is going to be my go to for flat/or actually already on a slight incline
    Got one a ma gym nach, great wee thing the one wee have has 3 different handle positions.
    NACH3 likes this.

Did back great session.

WG PD 1 working 1 drop 1 rp

CG PD 1 working DD. Under hand grip

Seated row 1 working TD. S bar WG

Bent over BB rows 3 sets

Straight arm pd 2 sets
    Done.
    Did sets on the rows and straight arm pd as i was fvcked back was destroyed by then.
    NACH3, novastepp and almostgone like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    The new gym im at has a great T-bar row set up(already on a platform(for more ROM)
    Never understood the platform thing to be honest. Unless guys are rounding their lower backs or hyper extending their shoulders the platform is not necessary, imho anyway.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

BG
    Excellent. You can keep my slack @ss motivated. Shooting to work back tomorrow evening. Stayed up almost all day waiting on a delivery. It was scheduled to be delivered by 4:30 p.m. and that is exactly what time it arrived. Very little sleep before coming into work tonight, but I am stocked on Voltaren cream and extra BP meds now.
    Ah things went to sit. Wife complained about stomach pain at 730, at 1030 I was rushing her to the hospital. We were in thee until 5am. Brought her home and now we are back at the hospital. Its pouring.......no rain.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Never understood the platform thing to be honest. Unless guys are rounding their lower backs or hyper extending their shoulders the platform is not necessary, imho anyway.
    Sometimes I will put my feet on 20kg plates... I've used with and without and it's not a big difference to me but I feel the bar doesn't hit my balls so much if on a platform

And honestly I've felt that the platform may actually make setting up a tad harder(as we aren't all the same size)...
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-18-2016 at 11:55 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Ah things went to sit. Wife complained about stomach pain at 730, at 1030 I was rushing her to the hospital. We were in thee until 5am. Brought her home and now we are back at the hospital. Its pouring.......no rain.
    Hope all is ok, BG! Thoughts and prayers both your way!
    BG and Java Man like this.

That truly sucks, BG. Keep your head up! I'll be praying for some sunshine for you two.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Damn!

Gall bladder? Appendix?

Hope it gets brighter BG

Sometimes I will put my feet on 20kg plates... I've used with and without and it's not a big difference to me but I feel the bar doesn't hit my balls so much if on a platform

And honestly I've felt that the platform may actually make setting up a tad harder(as we aren't all the same size)...
    that is very true nach when doing old school t bar's. The one i have at ma gym has a pad you put your chest against so you are supported and there is nooo cheating
    NACH3 likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Damn!

Gall bladder? Appendix?

Hope it gets brighter BG
    still waiting to hear, thanks guys!
    NACH3 and Java Man like this.

Hope everything is ok with mrs BG.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Hope everything is ok with mrs BG.
    X2 hope all is well BG. Let us know.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    that is very true nach when doing old school t bar's. The one i have at ma gym has a pad you put your chest against so you are supported and there is nooo cheating
    Yessir, we have that one as well(also with 3 different grips)! I'll switch back and forth as I like my low back being worked(stabilizing) etc
    clarky. likes this.

That's no fun. I hope they find out what's causing the problem. Will keep both of you in out thoughts and prayers. Keep us in the loop, please.

Thread Information