Page 866 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3667668168568618628638648658668678688698708718769169661366 ... LastLast
Results 34,601 to 34,640 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reposts Marcus! It never gets old and we need to hear this everyday we train! You know this sh!t fires me the Fvk up! I'm learning from the best here and it's been such an enjoyable ride(despite the pain most of us endure on a daily basis from injuries etc - this is prior to training & not the pain we all welcome and love ) this imho, May be the steeping stone in getting to that MINDSET WE NEED)

Cheers
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Then when that 18+" piece came out - it was covered in pus(nastiness)... Doc said I very well could've gone septic! Said he was actually surprised after being open 2+ yrs that I wasn't! I'm so glad that sh!t made me stronger - mentally and now physically!
    That's pain only experienced in the dungeon
    NACH3 likes this.

DGenRit is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Of course you can join the HIT crew, one bit of advise though read the first say 50 pages of the thread ( probably more) then you will understand what we are all about
    Thanks. I read the first 4-5 but will make it a point to read the rest today and tomorrow.
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That's pain only experienced in the dungeon
    Of course it is Big Man!

oh, & by the way... Since working with a partner & spotters, those forced reps into negatives was just the ticket. I needed(& not myself on unilateral ex's).... It surely makes all the difference!! Surely my favorite protocol
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

This is good shit Marcus. Thanks man. Going to read this a few more times today. Ill try to get all questions on a single reply. You're the man!
    marcus300 likes this.

1 working set is that, 1 working set only. Once you have gone to failure and beyond and recruited every muscle fibers possible and really gone to positive failure and beyond the job is done, every other set is pointless and can be extremely harmful to growth. The main thing to take out of this is the word FAILURE because true failure is something you have to train your body but most importantly your mind to get to and overcome.
    Got it. But in a previous post you said you did "1 working set with 3 drops". That's what I'm not understanding. Are you doing 3 drops after you hit positive failure on your working set? Or are you doing 3 drop sets after you recover from your working set?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DGenRit
    Got it. But in a previous post you said you did "1 working set with 3 drops". That's what I'm not understanding. Are you doing 3 drops after you hit positive failure on your working set? Or are you doing 3 drop sets after you recover from your working set?
    the three drop are included in the working set. No rest between them and yes they would be after the positive fail
    DGenRit, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    the three drop are included in the working set. No rest between them and yes they would be after the positive fail
    Also Using enough weight that after your drops your still at or below 12reps
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Drinking my shake and then I'm headed to the shop.
    BG, NACH3 and marcus300 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    You want to try the sumo, goblin squats and stiff leg kettlebell session we do, I man of my size shouldn't be doing this at all lol. I go super slow towards the end
    I will have to find it!!!! . I don't think my gym carries kettle bells :/.
    marcus300 likes this.

Still a tad off on judging my working weights, but I'll be back in the groove soon.

Broomstick stretches and RC exercises

Incline flyes- 2 w/u, Work-4,drop,2+,drop,4+ reps
    Incline press-2 w/u, Work-3+,drop,4+,drop, 3+ reps. Long 7 count hold into a real.slow neg.on last partial; Really drained my energy doing this.
    Flat flyes- 2w/u, Work- 1+, drop,2+,drop,2+,drop,4+.
    Flat press-1 w/u, Work1-1+,drop,3+,drop,4+. Rested for 1 minute. Work2-4+ reps w/ a slow 10 count neg. on last partial.

Negatives really zapped me, so no forearm.work tonight.
    36 minutes not including stretches and RC exercises. Feeling pretty sluggish. Will be curious to see what my hematocrit value is.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by DGenRit View Post
    This is good shit Marcus. Thanks man. Going to read this a few more times today. Ill try to get all questions on a single reply. You're the man!
    It doesn't stop at the first 50 pages, to be honest the thread is full of information the first few hundred, its only the last few hundred were we started to post session the other pages were everyo0ne was asking questions and wanted to know something so the thread is full of info and it is worth answering. So take your time mate and enjoy. I must warn you I do have a different sense of humour than that Americans but every HIT guy now understands me lol.

keep on and let us know some of your sessions so we can pick then apart and help you to be a pure HItter

by the way you look well
    almostgone, NACH3 and DGenRit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DGenRit View Post
    1 working set to failure then I introduce beyond failure methods like drops, its all done in one working set no rest. That's the whole idea of one working set. That's why many cant and wont do it first thing is learning to go to failure this takes time, you may think your going to failure but your not. True positive failure is extremely hard and for me personally its all in the head, once you hit failure your done but when your advanced enough you can introduce beyond failure rest pause, drops, supersets, forced and negs.

Please read what ive posted above
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    here you go didn't see it until now @ bio
    almostgone likes this.

Also Using enough weight that after your drops your still at or below 12reps
    You see my students know more than me now lol may the force be with you
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I don't do them at the gym, I would look a right cvnt, I do them at home with the Mrs. Music channel on and 20mins of cardio with a kettlebell hurts me and I am tooooo heavy but got to do it
    almostgone likes this.

with your legs I wouldn't do to much about your bottom half GGR
    Last edited by marcus300; 03-28-2016 at 04:47 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Still a tad off on judging my working weights, but I'll be back in the groove soon.

Incline press-2 w/u, Work-3+,drop,4+,drop, 3+ reps. Long 7 count hold into a real.slow neg.on last partial; Really drained my energy doing this.
    Flat press-1 w/u, Work1-1+,drop,3+,drop,4+. Rested for 1 minute. Work2-4+ reps w/ a slow 10 count neg. on last partial.

36 minutes not including stretches and RC exercises. Feeling pretty sluggish. Will be curious to see what my hematocrit value is.
    Main man working out in his cabin, xxx
    almostgone likes this.

I don't do them at the gym, I would look a right cvnt, I do them at home with the Mrs. Music channel on and 20mins of cardio with a kettlebell hurts me and I am tooooo heavy but got to do it
    LOL, I am a sight to behold myself when doing any type of cardio. I get as red as an apple and as sweaty as a priest in a strip club.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys making me feel guilty with all this talk about cardio
    marcus300, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You guys making me feel guilty with all this talk about cardio
    Something what I am going to have to do, I've not been doing it for ages and we all don't have Kel's genetics
    almostgone likes this.

with your legs I wouldn't do to much about your bottom half GGR
    ^^^ this is a great idea. I could do upper body at home and one kettle bell should work for upper body!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-305637814.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	575.5 KB 
ID:	162543
    Lol
    Last edited by marcus300; 03-28-2016 at 04:47 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ this is a great idea. I could do upper body at home and one kettle bell should work for upper body!

Lol
    Sorry GGR, I see all the DBs still on the rack lol and they're just for warm ups

Really though look into getting a couple 'Comp Style' KBs - much more forgiving then the cast iron ones(I just opened my head up on one of the cast iron ones myself

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Very nice, 'Deliverance' <--- in the nicest way possible

Are you allowed to donate yet, AG?
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-28-2016 at 05:13 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Clocking in fellas!

Hope you all had a great day yesterday with your families... I took off and still can't move lol... Quads are crushed...

Hopefully some back work today... I saw my cousin and my aunt/Uncle and first thing they said was your bigger than a month ago - well that's the point I said... They asked 'are you going stop getting bigger - I said no chance in hell lolol

8HB eggs, oats, fruit
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Lol

I only use one for sumo and goblet squats, its more the length of time than the weight for me, ive worked myself up to 20mins and its hard for a big fat cvnt like me but I am trying xx
    Last edited by marcus300; 03-28-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

I did some one legged leg press yesterday and I really feel it, if your position your feet and body just right its a great movement without using seriously dangerous weight but still heavy and pushing yourself to failure
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I only use one for sumo and goblet squats, its more the length of time than the weight for me, ive worked myself up to 20mins and its hard for a big fat cvnt like me but I am trying xx
    20min straight is damn nasty!

Very nice, 'Deliverance' <--- in the nicest way possible

Are you allowed to donate yet, AG?
    Not until 4/11. Should be getting a call with my lab values soon. If hematocrit is up too much, I will bite the bullet, get a script, and pay them.to throw away my blood. :/

Sorry GGR, I see all the DBs still on the rack lol and they're just for warm ups

Really though look into getting a couple 'Comp Style' KBs - much more forgiving then the cast iron ones(I just opened my head up on one of the cast iron ones myself
    Dang, GGR doing goblet squats and sumos with the 80s. You're a strong young lady.
    NACH3 likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

Something what I am going to have to do, I've not been doing it for ages and we all don't have Kel's genetics
    It's not fun but I make the most of it and just use it as an opportunity to listen to music
    marcus300 likes this.

finger thick fat thinks and spell check on my phone, sorry guys my thread are all over the place
    almostgone, NACH3 and Bodacious like this.

I did some one legged leg press yesterday and I really feel it, if your position your feet and body just right its a great movement without using seriously dangerous weight but still heavy and pushing yourself to failure
    I used to do those when I was stronger; will be doing them again one day. You can seriously work the upper leg and core somewhat.
    marcus300 likes this.

finger thick fat thinks and spell check on my phone, sorry guys my thread are all over the place
    Looks fine to me, boss.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Not until 4/11. Should be getting a call with my lab values soon. If hematocrit is up too much, I will bite the bullet, get a script, and pay them.to throw away my blood. :/
    Dang man... I hate that they can't use the blood... So many people out there that it could possibly help... Hope your crit and labs come out good and clean, AG.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Dang, GGR doing goblet squats and sumos with the 80s. You're a strong young lady.
    Lol. I am working my way up to 120#.

I did sumo squats Saturday...and still sore...

I used to do those when I was stronger; will be doing them again one day. You can seriously work the upper leg and core somewhat.
    I will be concentrating on them from now on for 3 months see if they make a difference to my size and also mu lower back pain. Seriously intense but with light weight due to only one leg pressing
    almostgone likes this.

Lol. I am working my way up to 120#.

I did sumo squats Saturday...and still sore...
    go girl? next time show yourself doing them with heels on, now that would be nice
    almostgone, Bodacious and NACH3 like this.

Dang man... I hate that they can't use the blood... So many people out there that it could possibly help... Hope your crit and labs come out good and clean, AG.
    Thanks, Nach. If I wasn't so close to a Dr. appointment, I would just drain off a pint if the hematocrit comes back high. However, I occasionally bruise up nicely and I don't want her to see that.
    One thing I didn't consider until about 5 minutes ago is the 5mg of Cialis I take daily. Just doing a quick skim of some of the Rx sites mention that lethargy is an occasional side effect. Fortunately, several places showed that many in the sample group acclimated to it.
    So, it's a wait and see game right now.
    Bodacious and NACH3 like this.

go girl? next time show yourself doing them with heels on, now that would be nice

https://youtu.be/NRxiH8Mbi0U

Thread Information