Page 371 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 2713213613663673683693703713723733743753763814214718711371 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,840 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    He also said that people over supplement in his opinion as there was lots a q's from other people there about supps etc.

He stated he only used the basics like good whey protein, fish oils, fibre supps and fast carbs after wo

As he was saying, like you said above marcus its up to the individual to really keep going. I asked him what his motivation also and he said what we all say here is that we do it for ourselves and no one else. He was saying seeing the lagging body develop was his motivation etc
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Daaaaannnnggggg.....I am looser than goose sh!t. This young lady got in there and earned her money!!! She found ALL of my sore/sticky places in my back. She kept commenting on how dense my tissue is...how large my bones are. Really cute young lady.

Marcus, when I walked in and saw poles hanging from the ceiling I swear your words echoed in my skull....."you're in for the ride of your life, mate!"

She absolutely ground, rolled, pushed, twisted, dug, and spun all over my back with hands, elbows, and feet for an hour. I'm a believer; have made an appointment for another session in 2 weeks.
    I guess this is why I was noticing the twisting motion during deads that has been frustrating me. She said there's a lot of stuff going on with lower back and hips but that today should give me some relief.
    We'll see guys, but right now I am sooooo relaxed.
    marcus300, Joco71, DCI and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Daaaaannnnggggg.....I am looser than goose sh!t. This young lady got in there and earned her money!!! She found ALL of my sore/sticky places in my back. She kept commenting on how dense my tissue is...how large my bones are. Really cute young lady.Marcus, when I walked in and saw poles hanging from the ceiling I swear your words echoed in my skull....."you're in for the ride of your life, mate!" She absolutely ground, rolled, pushed, twisted, dug, and spun all over my back with hands, elbows, and feet for an hour. I'm a believer; have made an appointment for another session in 2 weeks. I guess this is why I was noticing the twisting motion during deads that has been frustrating me. She said there's a lot of stuff going on with lower back and hips but that today should give me some relief.We'll see guys, but right now I am sooooo relaxed.
    i need to find a good one!

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    No kidding. I think I need some of that.

My ex is Massage therapist but I think that may just be a little weird to ask

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Daaaaannnnggggg.....I am looser than goose sh!t. This young lady got in there and earned her money!!! She found ALL of my sore/sticky places in my back. She kept commenting on how dense my tissue is...how large my bones are. Really cute young lady. Marcus, when I walked in and saw poles hanging from the ceiling I swear your words echoed in my skull....."you're in for the ride of your life, mate!" She absolutely ground, rolled, pushed, twisted, dug, and spun all over my back with hands, elbows, and feet for an hour. I'm a believer; have made an appointment for another session in 2 weeks. I guess this is why I was noticing the twisting motion during deads that has been frustrating me. She said there's a lot of stuff going on with lower back and hips but that today should give me some relief. We'll see guys, but right now I am sooooo relaxed.
    she used her feet?? And if it was a legit deep tissue I don't see the point in returning that quickly. I usually wait 4-6 weeks between sessions.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped, and even then the weak man must become strong of himself; he must, by his own efforts, develop the strength which he admires in another. None but himself can alter his condition.”
    clarky., DCI, almostgone and 1 others like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Daaaaannnnggggg.....I am looser than goose sh!t. This young lady got in there and earned her money!!! She found ALL of my sore/sticky places in my back. She kept commenting on how dense my tissue is...how large my bones are. Really cute young lady.

Marcus, when I walked in and saw poles hanging from the ceiling I swear your words echoed in my skull....."you're in for the ride of your life, mate!"

She absolutely ground, rolled, pushed, twisted, dug, and spun all over my back with hands, elbows, and feet for an hour. I'm a believer; have made an appointment for another session in 2 weeks.
    I guess this is why I was noticing the twisting motion during deads that has been frustrating me. She said there's a lot of stuff going on with lower back and hips but that today should give me some relief.
    We'll see guys, but right now I am sooooo relaxed.
    Good stuff AG sounds like she did good but no heels dame man lol.
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    Good job AG, my ex was massuse was epic for free deep tissue massages shame she was a lunatic.

By the sounds of it you got a good one there.

Off to train shoulders watching yates youtube vids before i go in for inspiration
    almostgone likes this.

Ok guys did shoulders today did some stretching and some cables to warm up i did pre ex side delts it was good they were burning.

Side db raises 1 arm at a time 2working 1D

shoulder press 1 working DD

rear cable fly 1 arm at a time 5 sets each 1 to fail

Traps bb shrugs 1 working DD

Good work out again guys happy with the way am going the weights are going up a tad again and the shoulder is holding up.
    The rear delt i just kept going i was fvcked no rest when swaping sides i was fvcking soaking from head to b@lls lol

Side delts were down to half reps if you could call it that. shoulder press was burning bad. No lock out at the top then slow neg to about the chin pure tention all the time.
    Shrugs were heavy the weight was up a tad again so good.

DCI
    Boom near as the exact same wo for me clarky just did farmer walks instead of shrugs really love farmers walks
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    she used her feet?? And if it was a legit deep tissue I don't see the point in returning that quickly. I usually wait 4-6 weeks between sessions.
    Yes sir, 589. She walked on my back, dug in with edges of her feet, and used the heels of her feet in addition to the hand work. The reason for the quick return is my right hip/upper glute. My primary care Dr. had mentioned that my right side was in worse shape than my left. I purposely didn't say anything to the massage therapist, but she said the same thing after about 5 min. of work.
    She started off about "arsecrack" level and slowly worked out towards hips first and that's when she pointed out the issue with the tissue/muscle on right side. She mentioned after we get this worked free that I would probably wouldn't need any more work other than maybe every 3-6 months.
    Most of her credentials were from Duke University, so I'm pretty sure she's legit.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-15-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Marcus, you were right about having a lady walk on your back. This girl was very petite, but the way she could apply pressure to the knotted up areas was incredible.
    marcus300 likes this.

Maybe my ex can hook me up with one of her colleagues? Lmao
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Maybe my ex can hook me up with one of her colleagues? Lmao
    It's worth a shot, Hawk! It definitely loosened up the knots/sticky tissue and got some blood flowing.

Clarky, I've been thinking about how you prefer to go with a lower weight and higher reps on deads. I'm thinking about doing the same thing (just for deads.) until I get all of the kinks in my back worked out.
    clarky. and DCI like this.

Next lift will be arms. Looking forward to throwing in the 1 arm CC vs. the dumbbell CC and working on the extra hard contraction on incline d'bell curls.

Marcus, you were right about having a lady walk on your back. This girl was very petite, but the way she could apply pressure to the knotted up areas was incredible.
    Told you, my Mrs does it for me and I also had it done in Thailand by two sisters and there cousin infact I think her mother joined in at one time, fuk it all her family were on my back
    almostgone and lovbyts like this.

All this talk about back is making me go to the gym early and train it
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    All this talk about back is making me go to the gym early and train it
    ...poor old.gym equipment is going to get an "arse" whooping!
    clarky. likes this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Told you, my Mrs does it for me and I also had it done in Thailand by two sisters and there cousin infact I think her mother joined in at one time, fuk it all her family were on my back
    I think I know that family.

You know you have to admit its pretty funny, I'm like a homing pigeon. Someone mentions Thailand or Asian I seem to find it.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-16-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I think I know that family. You know you have to admit its pretty funny, I'm like a homing pigeon. Someone mentions Thailand or Asian I seem to find it.
    Fact!
    lovbyts likes this.

My lats are still tender from Saturdays workout.
    DrewZ, clarky. and almostgone like this.

I feel aggravated today infact for the last few weeks and its been great for training. Had a great mind muscle connection back workout today which really did pull my lats out and stretch those fukers in every direction.

I want to be bigger, I feel the need to do a burst cycle. Not done one of my heavy bursts for a long time and I must admit I am a little cautious about it but I am feeling mean and angry to explode into new territories
    DCI and clarky. like this.

DCI
    Inspiration man to us all to push on even more now.

Back tonight it's gonna be epic

I feel aggravated today infact for the last few weeks and its been great for training. Had a great mind muscle connection back workout today which really did pull my lats out and stretch those fukers in every direction.
    go to austrailia and find euro, i bet you will find a way to release that aggravation

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    go to austrailia and find euro, i bet you will find a way to release that aggravation
    I cant tell you how much I want to really push my boundaries again but mu injuries do stop me, its so frustrating when I want to really push my limit again its like I have to come to terms with my age and what ive done to my body and then on the other side I am still 28yrs old in my head and remember the gym stopping watching me train. I have the devil and angel on my delts fighting with me all the time.
    DCI, clarky. and almostgone like this.

I want to be bigger, I feel the need to do a burst cycle. Not done one of my heavy bursts for a long time and I must admit I am a little cautious about it but I am feeling mean and angry to explode into new territories
    You want to get BIGGER bahaha fvcking hell big man the skin can only stretch so much
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    I cant tell you how much I want to really push my boundaries again but mu injuries do stop me, its so frustrating when I want to really push my limit again its like I have to come to terms with my age and what ive done to my body and then on the other side I am still 28yrs old in my head and remember the gym stopping watching me train. I have the devil and angel on my delts fighting with me all the time.
    Trust me, I am the same way! I can't train hard like I want to because of all the damn knots in my legs/calfs. Mentally we are there but our bodies just can't take it
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Trust me, I am the same way! I can't train hard like I want to because of all the damn knots in my legs/calfs. Mentally we are there but our bodies just can't take it
    .....or can they? I play mental ping pong with this question many times daily. That's usually when I check in on this thread to see what everyone else has decided.

....the massage really did some good stuff. My lower back/upper glutes seems to be looser.Did some stretching when I woke up and just finished pulling against the welding table in the shop. Have a tad of bruising but well worth it so far.
    DCI and clarky. like this.

I have been struggling on certain body part over the last 12 months, its not all the time but it is very annoying when your mental attitude is in full stream but your body is telling you to pull back very frustrating
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    ....the massage really did some good stuff. My lower back/upper glutes seems to be looser.Did some stretching when I woke up and just finished pulling against the welding table in the shop. Have a tad of bruising but well worth it so far.
    You sir can weld? You'd make a fortune off my buddies and I. Always looking for custom stuff to be welded up.

Massages when they are good are great
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    You sir can weld? You'd make a fortune off my buddies and I. Always looking for custom stuff to be welded up.

Massages when they are good are great
    Nothing spectacular....we have a welding shop.and a machine shop as part of the maintenance dep't where I work. I'm a machinist by trade, although I do have a small Miller 180 Tig machine @ home. Nothing fancy but it will get up to about 3mm on a short duty cycle. LMAO, I'm already swamped with "gov't work" just in machining alone.

DCI
    Even better very few machinists over here.
    almostgone likes this.

I've seen you guys mention little bits here and there, what do you guys do?

I'm a construction equipment mechanic over here
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    I'm a sales rep but do a lot of my own work on my cars etc as a hobby
    almostgone likes this.

Did tri's today.

I did pre ex cable kick backs 4 sets to fail each side really good burn and down to half reps.

Straight bar pd 2 working DD

Behind head tri ex 2 working DD rope

3 sets of dips to fail

ok i tried to do pre ex with db behind head tri ex but i got a wee twinge/pain sort of thing from my shoulder so i stopped and used the cable. It is pure constant tention with the cable doing kick backs it was good. Am right in to this pre ex thing the now it's a great wee trick.
    almostgone likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Legs today....

192.5# this morning. Staying steady at this weight.

Smith machine squats 2 warms ups, 2 feels cause second one I banged out 10 reps so wanted to go heavier for working. Working was 330# for 5 reps. Was gonna drop but felt a little strain right in groin area so figured would be best to stop there.

Reverse V-squat 2 feels, 2 working with one drop. Had 5 45's and 1 25 on each side.

Leg extensions 2 working with 2 drops

Stiff deads 2 working (cant go heavy as forearms give out before hams do)

Leg curls. 2 working

Seated calves.

Good workout, felt dizzy and shaking a few times throughout the workout. Going to edit this post with pics from the phone now.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Legs today....

192.5# this morning. Staying steady at this weight.

Smith machine squats 2 warms ups, 2 feels cause second one I banged out 10 reps so wanted to go heavier for working. Working was 330# for 5 reps. Was gonna drop but felt a little strain right in groin area so figured would be best to stop there.

Reverse V-squat 2 feels, 2 working with one drop. Had 5 45's and 1 25 on each side.

Leg extensions 2 working with 2 drops

Stiff deads 2 working (cant go heavy as forearms give out before hams do)

Leg curls. 2 working

Seated calves.

Good workout, felt dizzy and shaking a few times throughout the workout. Going to edit this post with pics from the phone now.
    Couldn't edit with pics....and hate when I do double leg shot. Doesn't do my legs justice. Need to learn how to pose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140917_182149.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	152965

Name:	ForumRunner_20140917_182126.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	152963

Name:	ForumRunner_20140917_182133.jpg