Page 724 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147197207217227237247257267277287297347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 28,921 to 28,960 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

IronClydes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    ok that makes sense I like the leaner gains but that way you won't miss an opportunity to put on muscle. Marcus is something truly extraordinary and most people do not truly understand how intense his training really is. He needs those calories to grow for sure. He also has more size then most as well
    Well I've always had an issue with a spare tire. The past 7 weeks of carb cycling hasn't helped it at all. I followed his 40% lower carbs 5 days followed by a day 15% higher carbs 1 day; repeat. These were based on my maintenance macros. After this bulk cycle I think I may need to plan the next as my first cut cycle to finally lose it. Lol

Given the everlasting spare tire, perhaps I should consider less of a caloric increase?

230, 6', 34, 13% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tduff311 View Post
    Well I've always had an issue with a spare tire. The past 7 weeks of carb cycling hasn't helped it at all. I followed his 40% lower carbs 5 days followed by a day 15% higher carbs 1 day; repeat. These were based on my maintenance macros. After this bulk cycle I think I may need to plan the next as my first cut cycle to finally lose it. Lol

Given the everlasting spare tire, perhaps I should consider less of a caloric increase?

I would brother.... I think its best to get as lean as you can before doing a bulk but that's coming from me the guy that likes to stay pretty lean year round. You can still train hard and put on muscle during a cut. You actually will look bigger
    almostgone likes this.

I would brother.... I think its best to get as lean as you can before doing a bulk but that's coming from me the guy that likes to stay pretty lean year round. You can still train hard and put on muscle during a cut. You actually will look bigger
    Tempting. If you were me, at 233, with the spare tire. How would you plan such a cut cycle to allow lean gains as well? I currently have test Cyp, Deca , hcg , Anastrozole, and prami on hand. Maintenance cals are about 3500 and macros for that at 475 carb, 230 pro, 75 fat.

On the carb cycle though, it's 5 days @ 3400 @ 270/310/120, 1 day @ 4000 (600/230/75).

Tempting. If you were me, at 233, with the spare tire. How would you plan such a cut cycle to allow lean gains as well? I currently have test Cyp, Deca , hcg , Anastrozole, and prami on hand. Maintenance cals are about 3500 and macros for that at 475 carb, 230 pro, 75 fat.

On the carb cycle though, it's 5 days @ 3400 @ 270/310/120, 1 day @ 4000 (600/230/75).

Are you on trt now or off cycle? Maybe we should take this to the Q and A section

Are you on trt now or off cycle? Maybe we should take this to the Q and A section
    on TRT. I'll follow your lead.

Just posted under Q&A thread as, "My First Cut Cycle advice".

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    This ^^ Tduff! If it were me too... The pre-cycle prime shiuld be dropping your bf% while maintaining your muscle by carb cycling... I like to stay leanish Yr round as well it makes your gains pop - since bulking - Are you carb sensitive? Do you eat carbs into the night? Some bloat by eating carbs too late and wake up feeling bloated... I do sometimes if carbing up... But I've found recently if I double my carb intake from am to mid/late afternoon then go with greens and half of the carbs j would normally eat in evening & night I still wake up full(veins popping) without the bloated feeling(it's finding what will work best for you! Maybe keep priming for a couple more wks?!?!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    DELTS/Traps -- pre-exhaust 'pullback'

DB side laterals
    1warm up 2feelers - 2w 12ish including partials/10+ partials

Rev Grip Front raises
    1warm up 2feelers - 2w 10+/8+ to failure and holding last rep as long as possible(which wasn't much)

Facing incline DB rears
    1warm up - 2w higher end reps holding contraction for 5+sec
    Burned out w/long bar face pulls 1set slow and realky squeezing contraction

Hammer strength rev presses
    1warm up(15) 2w 12ish/8+ nice switch up

Shrugs
    2w behind back
    1w reg
    DBs 120 5-6 dropped to 70s(by 10) avg'd 3-4 per stop holding top of contraction for 5+sec

nice session guys - pullback lift working on higher end reps to shock my muscles
    Bodacious, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    DELTS/Traps -- pre-exhaust DB side laterals 1warm up 2feelers - 2w 12ish including partials/10+ partials Rev Grip Front raises 1warm up 2feelers - 2w 10+/8+ to failure and holding last rep as long as possible(which wasn't much) Facing incline DB rears 1warm up - 2w higher end reps holding contraction for 5+sec Burned out w/long bar face pulls 1set slow and realky squeezing contraction Hammer strength rev presses 1warm up(15) 2w 12ish/8+ nice switch up Shrugs 2w behind back 1w reg DBs 120 5-6 dropped to 70s(by 10) avg'd 3-4 per stop holding top of contraction for 5+sec nice session guys - pullback lift working on higher end reps to shock my muscles
    killer training session bro... I really like those reverse grip front lateral raises. Watching Dexter jackson got me to try them and they almost always are part of my shoulder sessions
    NACH3 likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Whats up guys. Crazy week, was trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation. Work and my new routine. I switched to the eod training, I feel good but Im not getting a hard enough work out, but I think it will take me a few more weeks to iron things out......a few more pms to Kel wont hurt either. So keep training hard guys and Im looking forward to contributing more soon, with eod training I should have more time.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    killer training session bro... I really like those reverse grip front lateral raises. Watching Dexter jackson got me to try them and they almost always are part of my shoulder sessions
    Thx Bio - i got em from you I love em made my delts pop like no other since I've implemented them

Thx Bio - i got em from you I love em made my delts pop like no other since I've implemented them
    when I work the traps with them it really just makes the shoulders pop like crazy!!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    when I work the traps with them it really just makes the shoulders pop like crazy!!!
    It really does - it hits the tie ins on your delts real nice too(especially the front delt/pec tie in -then eccentrically it hits the rears nicely and gives that Q-tip cut down into the arms)! But I love hitting traps after, also! Seems when I get complemented or asked about my delts... Like you and the time you were working arms and someone says something about your delts! I love that

It really does - it hits the tie ins on your delts real nice too(especially the front delt/pec tie in -then eccentrically it hits the rears nicely and gives that Q-tip cut down into the arms)! But I love hitting traps after, also! Seems when I get complemented or asked about my delts... Like you and the time you were working arms and someone says something about your delts! I love that
    try taking an incline bench and go chest down with db's doing reverse grip front laterals sometime. That works great too

This ^^ Tduff! If it were me too... The pre-cycle prime shiuld be dropping your bf% while maintaining your muscle by carb cycling... I like to stay leanish Yr round as well it makes your gains pop - since bulking - Are you carb sensitive? Do you eat carbs into the night? Some bloat by eating carbs too late and wake up feeling bloated... I do sometimes if carbing up... But I've found recently if I double my carb intake from am to mid/late afternoon then go with greens and half of the carbs j would normally eat in evening & night I still wake up full(veins popping) without the bloated feeling(it's finding what will work best for you! Maybe keep priming for a couple more wks?!?!
    Thanks Nach. Not sure if carb sensitive.

Breakfast is 2 pieces Ezekiel with natural pb, scrambled eggs of 1 whole egg with 230g egg whites, 2 slices fat free sliced American.

2 work meals on low carb days are 1 cup fresh green beans, 100g brown rice or red potatoes, 150g chicken, 1 oz almonds.

Pre workout is 250g jasmine with 100g chicken.

Post is whey plus creative. Then 350g jasmine with 100g chicken.

If short on cals, I add some almonds and cheese sticks at bedtime.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    try taking an incline bench and go chest down with db's doing reverse grip front laterals sometime. That works great too
    Will do.. Was playing around with the DBs the other day but no bench - I like the bench idea(no cheating)

Will do.. Was playing around with the DBs the other day but no bench - I like the bench idea(no cheating)
    exactly no cheating almost impossible and you can twist up at the top

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Nach. Not sure if carb sensitive.

Breakfast is 2 pieces Ezekiel with natural pb, scrambled eggs of 1 whole egg with 230g egg whites, 2 slices fat free sliced American.
    2 work meals on low carb days are 1 cup fresh green beans, 100g brown rice or red potatoes, 150g chicken, 1 oz almonds.
    Pre workout is 250g jasmine with 100g chicken.
    Post is whey plus creative. Then 350g jasmine with 100g chicken.
    If short on cals, I add some almonds and cheese sticks at bedtime.

Idk about you if you know this about your body or not - dairy tends to bloat me especially later in the day(lite high P Greek yogurt) is about the extent of my dairy w/the addition of skim milk/water to my oats or Kashi cereal... Are the cheese sticks FF(fat free)/baked right? I know this is the hardest part to get down and in tune with your body - but once figured out you'll be in another level for sure... Plus GH would really help with any stubborn areas
    Last edited by NACH3; 11-07-2015 at 06:50 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    exactly no cheating almost impossible and you can twist up at the top
    I would definitely be twisting at top of contraction - almost like chest day w/cables starting low coming high(except palms are mostly up) Will throw these in and it'll help strengthen my R shoulder moreso w/DBs

I would definitely be twisting at top of contraction - almost like chest day w/cables starting low coming high(except palms are mostly up) Will throw these in and it'll help strengthen my R shoulder moreso w/DBs
    agree it really helps finish things off for sure

Idk about you if you know this about your body or not - dairy tends to bloat me especially later in the day(lite high P Greek yogurt) is about the extent of my dairy w/the addition of skim milk/water to my oats or Kashi cereal... Are the cheese sticks FF(fat free)/baked right? I know this is the hardest part to get down and in tune with your body - but once figured out you'll be in another level for sure... Plus GH helps and I haven't even used it yet :/
    Thanks Nach. I have wondered about carb sensitivity and lactose/dairy in the past. But, without knowing for sure, seems a waste to take out all that quality good food...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Drinking a coffee laced shake with oats and trying to wake up. Believe I could have slept for another 12 hours, but that isn't an option. Headed to the shop in a few to hit arms before work.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Drinking a coffee laced shake with oats and trying to wake up. Believe I could have slept for another 12 hours, but that isn't an option. Headed to the shop in a few to hit arms before work.
    good luck man it's rough working when your tired
    almostgone likes this.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Took the wife and kid to a show and I'm getting hangery. Ate a protein bar beforehand but its gone. Lol. Early 7am back session tomorrow.
    almostgone, Bodacious and clarky. like this.

good luck man it's rough working when your tired
    Thanks, Bio. Just finished my shake. Hopefully, once I get going, things will start to flow.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Kill it AG!
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Nach. I have wondered about carb sensitivity and lactose/dairy in the past. But, without knowing for sure, seems a waste to take out all that quality good food...

Yes it's good food - sometimes it just depends when you eat it... If that makes sense?

Yes it's good food - sometimes it just depends when you eat it... If that makes sense?
    Slightly. I time pre and post workout carbs and minimize at bedtime for the most part. Just not sure how/why dairy would be timed?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    n
    Slightly. I time pre and post workout carbs and minimize at bedtime for the most part. Just not sure how/why dairy would be timed?

it doesn't happen to everybody I was just bringing it up to see... You could possibly be fine - it would however not be the best for me -

n it doesn't happen to everybody I was just bringing it up to see... You could possibly be fine - it would however not be the best for me -
    I hear you. Thanks for looking out. I have had a history of mild bloating with dairy, but never anything to write home about.

230, 6', 34, 15% bf, bench 320, squat 435, dead 465.

58° F and 60% humidity sure does seem hot.

Seated d'bell curls-2 w/u, Work-5+,drop,1+,drop,3+,drop,3+ - 3+
    Incline d'bell curls-2 w/u, Work-5+,drop,2+,drop,3+ - 3+
    Preacher curls off back of bench- Work-6+,drop,2+,drop,3+ - 5 cheat w/ slow neg. per arm.
    Standing close grip cable curls-Work-6+, drop,2+,drop, 5+.
    Close grip Smythe press- 2 w/u, Work1-9, drop,5+. Drop weight. Work2- 7+,drop,6.
    Triceps pressdown w/ bent handle- 1 w/u,Work-4+,drop,3+,drop,5+.
    D'bell skulls- Work-6+,drop,4+,drop,5+.
    Pinwheels-Work-5+,drop,5+,drop,7.
    Biceps stretch off of a high bar in Smythe machine- long 40 count.

Feel weak, but I got an incredibly good pump and a few more reps on some stuff vs. last arm session.

52 minutes and I am shaking.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Dang, we are well on the way to 30k posts!
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Dang, we are well on the way to 30k posts!
    Best thread in the history of this site. Not even a contest.
    almostgone, clarky., NACH3 and 1 others like this.

At work and arms are still nice and full of blood, but they feel like warm pudding. I'd like to make a run at shoulders this evening, and take Mon. evening off.
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Preacher curls off back of bench- Work-6+,drop,2+,drop,3+ - 5 cheat w/ slow neg. per arm.
    Close grip Smythe press- 2 w/u, Work1-9, drop,5+. Drop weight. Work2- 7+,drop,6.

Feel weak, but I got an incredibly good pump and a few more reps on some stuff vs. last arm session.

Very nice AG.
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Morning guys and girls a bit late i know lol. Tri's are very sore the day so well chuffed about that. I'll go and do a wee bit legs later as always on a sunday.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
    almostgone, NACH3 and Bodacious like this.

Blog Entries
    Heading in for back. My partner pussed out again, which is pretty standard for weekend mornings.
    almostgone, clarky. and Bodacious like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Very nice AG.
    Thanks, Clarky. I put a lot of heart and pain into that one!
    clarky. likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Hot?? Lol every here would have leather jackets out...women in knee high boots for that weather lol.

It's been averaging 90s here all week.

Nice session.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning my friends

Delts/traps are absolutely fried lol... Traps and anterior's/& rears are on fiya! So I'd say my delts got hit pretty damn hard(those side/& front laterals really take it outta ya) especially whither end reps... Whew!

Slept like crap... Tossed and turned all night -- I hope you all finish off your w/e's well!
    clarky., almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Thread Information