Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Extensions prox, i was told not to do them but i though because it was light it would be ok but no.
    Definitely makes sense. Was surgery mentioned to fix the tear, is it that large?

And regrettably, the pain behind the knee-cap might just be early arthritis' which is common for our population of folks that workout, plus you do construction I believe.

But can you still squat & leg-press regularly without pain?
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Shit. Treat it gentle and stay away from climbing/ladders for a bit if you can, Clarky. Any swelling on just dull pain?
    Just pain mate.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Definitely makes sense. Was surgery mentioned to fix the tear, is it that large?

And regrettably, the pain behind the knee-cap might just be early arthritis' which is common for our population of folks that workout, plus you do construction I believe.

But can you still squat & leg-press regularly without pain?

He said it would be best for not to do surgery as it not that bad.

Yes i gat squat and LP ok prox, i do box squats.

Prox, I think I speak for all of us when I say we are fortunate to have you lifting with us. Would've been glad to have you without your PT knowledge, etc., but the time and input you provide is greatly appreciated, man!
    Greatly appreciated, you're too kind; sincerely. Trust me, the knowledge & motivation I get from you all, as well as the simple pleasure of having met & shared conversations with you guys is just awesome! Being welcomed here on this forum and this thread has been an honor & privilege to me!
    almostgone, Bodacious and Kenny357 like this.

He said it would be best for not to do surgery as it not that bad.

Yes i gat squat and LP ok prox, i do box squats.
    That's GREAT then! Have to think though, when you push the quads HIT style, that's got to hurt though, does it?

Oh and I just caught the mention of ladders with work, I should have figured that out - again, makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Proximal; 10-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    That's GREAT then! Have to think though, when you push the quads HIT style, that's got to hurt though, does it?

Oh and I just caught the mention of ladders with work, I should have figured that out - again, makes perfect sense.
    No HIT on legs prox, i don't want to make it worse.
    Proximal likes this.

No HIT on legs prox, i don't want to make it worse.
    Gotcha - smart move Clarky!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Fvck. Long day. Got to be back in a little over 9 hours. No lift tonight.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I'm not enjoying pumpkin spice flavored whey as much as I thought I would. Think I will stick to coconut next time.
    It's drinkable but not as good as I hoped for.
    Coconut whey? Who makes this? I need some! Coconut anything is awesome!

Got the legs in today but still haven't made it to the grocery store. It's not my favorite place! I've been lucky to be in bigger cities this year where they have pre made fit meal prep places and haven't had to go shopping much. I spend a good portion of my year traveling which tends to make it hard to eat healthy but I've been figuring it out. I can only consume so much crap before my body starts screaming for nutrition!
    Last edited by Kenny357; 10-16-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    almostgone and DocToxin8 like this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I thought I was gonna rest today but we got back from my daughters game early so I went In and got chest done. I'll take tomorrow off
    Mr.BB, almostgone, clarky. and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I thought I was gonna rest today but we got back from my daughters game early so I went In and got chest done. I'll take tomorrow off
    Monster!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Long ass day for me. Baby spent weekend at grandparents...so 45 mins drive south to eat lunch and pick him up. 45 mins drive back to drop him off at IN laws ...the 40 min drive north to pack and load the truck up for the move. Into storage and back home.

I'm exhausted. Not getting in sleep in this house. They keep air at 77 all the time. In South Florida!!!!

We have 3 fans in our room and I wake up feeling.like I'm on 600mg of Tren lol. Ughh
    almostgone and Kenny357 like this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Long ass day for me. Baby spent weekend at grandparents...so 45 mins drive south to eat lunch and pick him up. 45 mins drive back to drop him off at IN laws ...the 40 min drive north to pack and load the truck up for the move. Into storage and back home.

I'm exhausted. Not getting in sleep in this house. They keep air at 77 all the time. In South Florida!!!!

We have 3 fans in our room and I wake up feeling.like I'm on 600mg of Tren lol. Ughh
    Lol.

Damn 77...I would die...
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

Daaang. 77°F and Florida humidity? They would have to lay down tarps to keep me from waterlogging the place. Please tell me they don't turn on the heat when outdoor temps get down to 75°F.
    Bodacious likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Morning fellas, GGR. Ohh dear gob my legs are fried haha. No point what so ever saying how sore because yous all know exactly how if feels. I just pushed it a wee bit yesterday i don't normally lol.

Rest day the day feeling good, not looking forward to work haha.Hope everone had a good/safe wk end.
    Last edited by clarky.; 10-17-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    almostgone, Kenny357 and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny357 View Post
    Coconut whey? Who makes this? I need some! Coconut anything is awesome!

Got the legs in today but still haven't made it to the grocery store. It's not my favorite place! I've been lucky to be in bigger cities this year where they have pre made fit meal prep places and haven't had to go shopping much. I spend a good portion of my year traveling which tends to make it hard to eat healthy but I've been figuring it out. I can only consume so much crap before my body starts screaming for nutrition!
    True Nutrition. They have a pretty decent selection of flavors and you can make a custom blend of different proteins, fat carbs, supps, etc. I always shoot for as much whole.food as I can, but I try to keep a shake with me in case I get tied up at work or work over.
    Kenny357 and NACH3 like this.

Morning fellas, GGR. Ohh dear gob my legs are fried haha. No point what so ever saying how sore because yous all know exactly how if feels. I just pushed it a wee bit yesterday i don't normally lol.

Rest day the day feeling good, not looking forward to work haha.Hope everone had a good/safe wk end.
    How's the knee feeling this morning? Any better or too early to tell?
    clarky. likes this.

Sore mate, just a dull pain. It feels hot

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Fucking hell - sometimes I feel like I am screaming under water.

Some fucking knobs knocking around I tell you

Not in here guys just ranting lol

Sore mate, just a dull pain. It feels hot
    Hopefully just some.inflammation/strain. Probably you just kicked too much @ss in the gym.
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Fucking hell - sometimes I feel like I am screaming under water.

Some fucking knobs knocking around I tell you

Not in here guys just ranting lol

That's the way I felt on the way home from work yesterday afternoon. Started to let off a few good shrieks and growls while.sitting at the red light just to screw with the people in the vehicles around me.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

That's the way I felt on the way home from work yesterday afternoon. Started to let off a few good shrieks and growls while.sitting at the red light just to screw with the people in the vehicles around me.
    Screaming in your car is a very good stress reliever, done it many times lol

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    morning scream'os !!!

Morning everyone!

just so it happened I had good venting scream yesterday while driving for a few hours, almost fell a sleep also at the end of it, good stress reliever for sure. I just run some linkin-park or whatever songs that go with my mind state that moment i I just unplug the fuse of myself

have a powerfull week people!

Coffee shake and stretching at home trying to open up my hips for legs, I am a wide stance squatter so the more flexible my hips and the better opening at the start of the position. Only going to go light due to pains in my lower back this weekend but need to squat and sink in that hole.

Over weekend did some arms again, really nice workouts

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Morning

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    morning scream'os !!!

Morning everyone!

just so it happened I had good venting scream yesterday while driving for a few hours, almost fell a sleep also at the end of it, good stress reliever for sure. I just run some linkin-park or whatever songs that go with my mind state that moment i I just unplug the fuse of myself

have a powerfull week people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Morning
    Morning, gentlemen!
    Mr.BB, InternalFire and DocToxin8 like this.

Coffee shake and stretching at home trying to open up my hips for legs, I am a wide stance squatter so the more flexible my hips and the better opening at the start of the position. Only going to go light due to pains in my lower back this weekend but need to squat and sink in that hole.

Over weekend did some arms again, really nice workouts
    A wide stance and toes pointed out at a slight angle does me right as well. Seems.to give me more room to get "in between" my hips.
    LOL, I'm still carrying around the after effects of Saturday's back session. On the way to work earlier I reached up to turn on the interior light in my truck and and had that nice dull ache in my lats.
    marcus300 and InternalFire like this.

A wide stance and toes pointed out at a slight angle does me right as well. Seems.to give me more room to get "in between" my hips.
    LOL, I'm still carrying around the after effects of Saturday's back session. On the way to work earlier I reached up to turn on the interior light in my truck and and had that nice dull ache in my lats.
    Just finished and I also added in some Bulgarian squats -ouch

Hopefully just some.inflammation/strain. Probably you just kicked too much @ss in the gym.
    Ice!

Morning everyone!
    DocToxin8, almostgone and clarky. like this.

morning Prox
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Morning guys!

X2 on the Ice Clarky! Hope it gets better soon man. Had a great weekend with the wife. She didn't kill me... althought she probably should have.

Time to get back after it. Going in to hit some chest.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!
    Kenny357, DocToxin8, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

I get asked a lot via pm about what do I really mean about HIT and also how I train and I direct them to this thread, it looks like its become a monster of a thread in which it seems to be overwhelming for someone to seek and find the answers. So let me give a small outline version of what I preach, how I train and what I think is the best training system to produce size, strength and mass.

Nothing is set in stone and we all respond differently but there are some strict principles what should be followed to at least be used and then you can bend them to suit your needs, the core principles we all use here but we also add in little tweaks and little adjustments to suit how your body responds and that's what its all about.

Dorian describes his system as 1 all out set to complete failure and doing any additional sets isn't necessary because you have already stimulated muscle growth at its highest level possible. Doing 1 all out set what recruits a large number of motor units which in turn overloads all the muscle fibers will fully stimulate growth. Doing anymore sets to complete failure will only add to fatigue and burn out of your CNS. I cant say it any better than how DY explains it.

What most cant understand or do is go to failure, this is one of the hardest things possible because not only is it mentally tasking but what you have to put your body through is pure torture and this isn't something we do normally when we train, we normally train when the body and mind tells us that's enough we stop and rest and do it all over again in the next set. What they don't realise is they were inches away from failure but they stopped because every part of their body was telling them this pain is to much and the mind was saying stop we can always do another set. To fight and get past these emotions and mental pain is hard and I've got to say its not for everyone, many cant do it and many wont achieve it but with constant learning and getting the right mental approach you can succeed in going to failure and once you experience this a whole new world that's when things start to evolve around you, its like another dimension..

There are ways and means to help you get into this zone which are ive explained in this thread and if anyone new who is reading or the guys who pm me need anymore help in trying to train in this manner just let me know and I will go over it again
    Mr.BB, NACH3, Cuz and 6 others like this.

Im gonna go and tear my back apart, gonna get them lats grow. I have been analyzing myself a bit in the vids and in the mirror, seems I have very low lats insertions and even though I havent done much there is some nice growth going on already, and If I do go hard and consistent, I can only see them grow wide and thick, and this is to be accomplished. I was comparing myself to another guy who I train time to time with and he has been lifting for the last 5+ years consistently, naturally although he is in amazing condition and great genetics, his lats are well sculpted and thick but insertions are good 10-15 inch higher than mine... so this spiked my attention and I got all excited about it!

Back will have a dedicated day of its own, and today is the day.

will go with (and if you'd suggest some fix in this, I have ~2 more hours to adjust) :

wide grip cable-bar pulldowns 2w/up + 1w/s
    narrow grip cable-bar pulldowns 2w/up + 1w/s
    rest a minute or two and stretch.
    bent over barbel rows 2w/up 1w/s
    bench dumbbell pullovers 2w/up 1w/s
    rest few mins
    v-grip cable rows 1w/s aim to hit failure, drop some weight and hit 1more set to failure (long 3-5 sec squeeze holds on contraction for all these working sets)
    v-grip cable pulldowns 1w/s aim to hit failure, drop weight and go again, drop more weight and do 1 last set. (long 3-5 sec squeeze holds for contraction on all these working sets)
    Last edited by InternalFire; 10-17-2016 at 08:43 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Screaming in your car is a very good stress reliever, done it many times lol
    I love doing this lol - the looks you get ate even better haha

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    So fellas - I've come up with a plan of action that I've been thinking about for some time...
    1. Getting back to my consistent w/o's and back on my routine(this is the easy part ) - plus sticking with cardio - also it'd be nice to get some GH
    2. Get back to where I was(shouldn't take long) bug then implement a 6-8wk prime dropping my glycogen stores and BF is just an added function to priming(the main point is to keep your size and I'll do this by carb cycling and refeed days etc etc
    3. Once I'm at a point where my body is absorbing everything(nutrient wise and flushing them to the muscles) then I'll blast test/deca drol(or d-Bol)
    4. Come off from the bulk then re-prime 6wks - into a cutter/or more of a recomp -- this will be test/Tren a/drol or Winny

So I'm looking to bulk up to 220+ then cut but keep as much tissue as possible and I plan on getting to 7-8% @ 205/210 if all works like I know It can

I know we're making some goals etc so I figured I'd lead off and dig I can get to 210 @ 7-8% I'll be happy for a short time then back to meeting new and improved goals

Let's kick some ass and show everyone what HIT can do for anyone willing to endure some pain
    clarky. and Bodacious like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Im gonna go and tear my back apart, gonna get them lats grow. I have been analyzing myself a bit in the vids and in the mirror, seems I have very low lats insertions and even though I havent done much there is some nice growth going on already, and If I do go hard and consistent, I can only see them grow wide and thick, and this is to be accomplished. I was comparing myself to another guy who I train time to time with and he has been lifting for the last 5+ years consistently, naturally although he is in amazing condition and great genetics, his lats are well sculpted and thick but insertions are good 10-15 inch higher than mine... so this spiked my attention and I got all excited about it!

Back will have a dedicated day of its own, and today is the day.

will go with (and if you'd suggest some fix in this, I have ~2 more hours to adjust) :

rest few mins
    v-grip cable rows 1w/s aim to hit failure, drop some weight and hit 1more set to failure (long 3-5 sec squeeze holds on contraction for all these working sets)
    v-grip cable pulldowns 1w/s aim to hit failure, drop weight and go again, drop more weight and do 1 last set. (long 3-5 sec squeeze holds for contraction on all these working sets)
    Drop the last pulldown exercise. You've already done two.
    InternalFire, NACH3 and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    This was one mistake that took me a lil while to get out of... If your hitting a pulldown(CG stretches the lats moreso than any others) but I'd hit the same muscle 2-3x(for what?) not hat it wasn't torn down but I could've done it in one movement not 3 etc

Like Kel stated I was doing 2-3 ex's sometimes(with grip changes) but still it's working that one main muscle group - hit it hard heavy and intense and you won't need the others - save them to rotate between lifts
    InternalFire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Agree. I like to start at the top of my back working that area, then mid back, then lower back so I can finish with hypers or deads.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-17-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    NACH3, InternalFire and clarky. like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Not a good morning. Missed days work, wifes brand new car had to go to the shop trans problems fckin ridiculous. Probably my last Ford im buying...

Eating some oats while i wait. Hope yalls day is better than mine lol

Alright fellows, being too generous to myself isnt the best thing as it seems huh? its pleasure to catch myself of guard, thanks for pointing out people, appreciate that alot.

rest few mins

What Im about thinking to do, do all warmup sets but leave the working set of each and the last exercise as a finisher moves so I go right to the climax at the end with the bang. Also dropping the last cable v-grip pulldowns. your verdict on this ^ ?

Thread Information