Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Back is starting to loosen up! Been pumping NSAIDs and ice/heat all day!

Maybe some cardio to just move and get looser!

Have a kickass day all!
    Get to hear your condition is improving!

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but have you thought about taking some yoga classes?
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Get to hear your condition is improving!

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but have you thought about taking some yoga classes?
    Thx Brotha!

Yes I have one next to me at the gym - be been 'thinking about it' lol but really need to just go!

Thx Brotha!

Yes I have one next to me at the gym - be been 'thinking about it' lol but really need to just go!
    I don't blame you for putting it off.

I look at yoga like I look at having kids.

Would rather watch other people do it and say "damn that looks hard."

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Hahaha

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Lmfao

Back is starting to loosen up! Been pumping NSAIDs and ice/heat all day!

Maybe some cardio to just move and get looser!

Have a kickass day all!
    Good to hear nach
    NACH3 likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Good morning!!! One hour fasted cycle class!
    InternalFire, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Got my ass kicked at work again last night....and I'm feeling it. Back and knee pain are back. Entire left leg won't stop tingling.

Funny thing is I had great mind set and motivation today and just killed me arms.

One of my better sessions in a few.

V bar pd 3w 1f 2w ddd
    Straight bar reverse pd 1f 1w dd
    DB Incline skulls 2w straight into db kick backs

Incline DB curls 2w
    Preacher hammer strength close grip 2w
    Reverse grip ez bar curls 2w
    Single arm db preacher
    Proximal, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Its a crazy thing. Sometimes on the close grip press i would amaze myself and sometimes i would wonder wtf happened lol. Good to hear the progress
    Thanks Cuz!

My RC is an issue, but don't have pain from this exercise - so it's my only pressing movement.

If I do this later in my routine, I really struggle with it.

Morning folks. Off to the farmer's market - the fish vendor is awesome (killer Salmon and Ahi), might get some bison filets as well.

Legs and abs later.
    Cuz, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post

Thanks Cuz!

My RC is an issue, but don't have pain from this exercise - so it's my only pressing movement.

If I do this later in my routine, I really struggle with it.

Morning folks. Off to the farmer's market - the fish vendor is awesome (killer Salmon and Ahi), might get some bison filets as well.

Legs and abs later.
    Wish we had a farmers market near us.

Sounds awesome
    Proximal likes this.

Marcus and Kel in particular, but for anyone, have a question.

During the pre-judging, when Kevin was up, Dennis Scott repeated that the legs go when you get into the 40's and that Kevin simply would not be able to get his back. The other announcer asked if it was because you couldn't squat or squat as much, which seemed somewhat logical to me, but Dennis Scott said that wasn't the case, that's it's just related to age. That simply doesn't make sense to me.

What's your guys take on this?

Edit: sorry, that is Dennis James - apologies.
    Last edited by Proximal; 09-18-2016 at 11:19 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

During the pre-judging, when Kevin was up, Dennis Scott repeated that the legs go when you get into the 40's and that Kevin simply would not be able to get his back. The other announcer asked if it was because you couldn't squat or squat as much, which seemed somewhat logical to me, but Dennis Scott said that wasn't the case, that's it's just related to age. That simply doesn't make sense to me.

As a side note, Kevin's physique was pleasing to the eye much like Shawns. His legs did look bad tho but considering...6 month prep and 52 yo...nothing shy of amazing. I have no idea why the legs wouldnt build at older age but it does make sense not to squat the house and expect to walk at age 52
    Proximal and marcus300 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

I would say that Kel's legs prove that isn't necessarily true.
    Proximal, NACH3 and marcus300 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Wish we had a farmers market near us.

Sounds awesome

The wife got me hooked on it and really dig it now.

Sfla, how are you doing man? I felt so bad that I couldn't give you any helpful info.

Cuz & AG, agreed. Just don't know where he was coming from with that statement.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Good morning!!! One hour fasted cycle class!
    How are things, Girly? How's the diet and training going?!

The wife got me hooked on it and really dig it now.

Sfla, how are you doing man? I felt so bad that I couldn't give you any helpful info.
    Proximal man u help greatly man. No worries.

I'm good, hanging in there. Just getting back into the swing of things lol
    Proximal likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

I've found it hard to keep over all size as I get older. I dont cycle like I use to and also the repairing process is a lot slower. I've maintained chunky quads but they far from ripped my lower half holds onto fat more which does help for feeling fuller but size in general is hard process , there's a lot of factors what contribute to this imho
    Last edited by marcus300; 09-18-2016 at 12:50 PM.
    Proximal likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

He had injuries, and wasnt squatting, he just released a kind of motivational video talking about it, watch here.

If you think about it, he kinda do exactly what we in this forum tell ppl not to do, that is, train hard (and long) before starting steroids . The injuries are not a surprise to me.
    In may he injured his pec doing inclines with 405. Just imagine not training for 13 years and then, all of a sudden your muscles allow you to rep 405lbs on inclines. Where's the strengthening of all the connective tissue??? Of course if you're 25 your body can overcome a lot of stuff, but he is 52 now...
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    He had injuries, and wasnt squatting, he just released a kind of motivational video talking about it, watch here.

If you think about it, he kinda do exactly what we in this forum tell ppl not to do, that is, train hard (and long) before starting steroids . The injuries are not a surprise to me.
    In may he injured his pec doing inclines with 405. Just imagine not training for 13 years and then, all of a sudden your muscles allow you to rep 405lbs on inclines. Where's the strengthening of all the connective tissue??? Of course if you're 25 your body can overcome a lot of stuff, but he is 52 now...
    No, no, not making a judgement on Kevin! I'm just wondering about what Dennis James said. It just didn't seem to make sense to me, particularly because he said it wasn't related to not squatting.

Its really the first Olympia I've watched since going to one in the 80's. Didn't know if Dennis James is a respected authority or not.

I'm pretty sure he also said that if Kevin kept at it for another go, he still wouldn't be able to get the leg size - simply because of age.
    Last edited by Proximal; 09-18-2016 at 02:16 PM.

No, no, not making a judgement on Kevin! I'm just wondering about what Dennis James said. It just didn't seem to make sense to me, particularly because he said it wasn't related to not squatting.

Its really the first Olympia I've watched since going to one in the 80's. Didn't know if Dennis James is a respected authority or not.

I'm pretty sure he also said that if Kevin kept at it for another go, he still wouldn't be able to get the leg size - simply because of age.
    Its the Olympia Prox, its the cream of the crop of bodybuilding, you can have big legs at Kevins age, just not olympia stage worthy. I think its what Denis James meant. If you google Vince Taylor its another guy who was competing at 50, and his legs started to lag.

Denis James is an ex-Olympia competitor himself, and IMO he was quite good on the comments.

Its the Olympia Prox, its the cream of the crop of bodybuilding, you can have big legs at Kevins age, just not olympia stage worthy. I think its what Denis James meant. If you google Vince Taylor its another guy who was competing at 50, and his legs started to lag.

Denis James is an ex-Olympia competitor himself, and IMO he was quite good on the comments.
    Hey B is your AVI the wife?

Hey B is your AVI the wife?
    Yes. She doesnt let me put Katya up anymore.

Yes. She doesnt let me put Katya up anymore.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nice.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	165499

Somehow I don't feel bad for you about Katya.
    Mr.BB likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

It come from the inability to train as hard plus gear use. When you are younger you can juice and train legs hard. Im lucky I can do one of the two which is allowing me to hold my leg size. But now go to the arms, I just can train them hard anymore. My biceps hurt from hard bi's and my elbows from hard tri's. These start hurting then my back suffers so I just have to be happy with average arms. It sucks, Ive tried to do them a few times a weeks, but they need that beating, just crushing them and it just is not possible anymore.
    marcus300 and Cuz like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Whats up guys, been working like crazy, getting in my training but definitely more of a pull back except for legs. Looking forward to being back around.
    marcus300, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    How are things, Girly? How's the diet and training going?!
    Ok...more regular now. In a groove again!!!! How you?!?!

Wow, chest is wrecked. Calves are still sore. Legs coming up next, hopefully tomorrow evening before work.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    BG likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sorry guys, just getting my mind wrapped around things. Thought the consensus was that Kevin's upper body was responding, but not the legs, didn't understand the reasoning. Thought Dennis implyed that it was a special situation with just the legs & age.

Appreciate the feedback, understand all that you are saying - sometimes I just get too analytical.

Great legs, abs & cardio today. Tomorrow is a day off - Black Sabbath at the Hollywood Bowl - 30th wedding anniversary for the Mrs and me.
    Last edited by Proximal; 09-18-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    almostgone and BG like this.

Congrats to.you and Mrs. Prox!
    Proximal and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Congrats to.you and Mrs. Prox!
    Thanks AG, appreciated! What year are you on?

Yesterday back:

Bent over BB rows 1 feeler 3 working RP DD

Machine iso rows 1 feeler 2 working DD

Straight arm cable pullovers with rope and alpha grips 1 feeler 3 working RP

Super set with close grip pull down 1 feeler 3 working RP DD

Today chest:

Pec deck set high 2 feeler 3 working DD

Decline cable flys 1 feeler 3 working DD

Incline DB flys 3 working

Super set with DB bench 3 working DD

Thanks AG, appreciated! What year are you on?
    LOL, I would have to ask the wife. I think it's 24 or 25 years? I can remember the day of the month but not the year. I'll ask her when I grab a break later on.

Edit: I called her and she said 24 years. I do have the date correct.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-19-2016 at 12:37 AM.
    Proximal likes this.

Those 45° bent over rows felt great.

Thanks again Marcus!

Excellent glad you liked them, they put slabs of muscle on your back for sure just concentrate on not rounding the back when you pull it into your waist and the arms are just hooks pull and contract with the back, this can only be done if the back is ached or straight, once rounded its all arms. This is were a lot go wrong using to much weight and bad form. Thicken the back up and width will follow
    numbere likes this.

Not trained for 3 days due to my work schedule and also I am still training one body part every 10days ish so it all fits well. Ive also been bruised from some ART, fascia stretching and also deep tissue massage on my shoulder.

I feel strong again, I sense I could have one of my more serious workouts but I am still holding back for recovery and also waiting for my full health to return.

I am still holding well, bf is up more than usually but I am still eating big like I've always done around 6-7 meals a day. I got onto the scales and I am 249lbs, which is down abit but saying that ive not cycled for 2.5 yrs in December is rather remarkable. I do confess though my muscles don't have that full round look they normally have.

My intensity is down to what I usually train like due to health and RC issues but its still way above the normal imho. I am very short intense and to the point at the moment.

Going to be going for a big cut next year, which if anyone who knows what ive talked about how I do things this is going to be a very long cut and will last around 6 months at least, hopefully by Jan I will have a 100% health back again and I will drop a small cycle in, will not be doing anything big ever again because I don't want to chase the size game anymore and my health is a concern so small cycle, long cut and see if I can any of my big thick muscle bellies back with force

I'm a very frustrated bodybuilder and have been for months as the usual crowd can tell by the lack of training logs I record now, but I can see light now and just need something to fall in place just wished my body would hurry up and repair faster like it use to but I guess being an old fucking cunt has its disadvantages. At the moment my mind is producing cheques my body cant pay which is a cunt of a feeling but the pain I am getting from loosening my rc up and all the massaging going on helps with relief
    almostgone, NACH3, numbere and 3 others like this.

Sorry guys just had a shake and some coffee and not had any for 4 days so I am buzzing, I am a very good responder to anything I put in my body even coffee and I'm not going to the gym because ive had a night from hell but that's normal for me
    almostgone likes this.

I must have had a lot of inflammation in my shoulder because my good old mate and redneck AG sent me in the direction of some Voltarol and the difference is amazing

Need to go to the supermarket and buy some food, fucking ill with my food bill its like running another family

Who likes my avatar? do you like the gas mask one or which one do you prefer?
    almostgone likes this.

Does anyone want to buy a Breitling crosswind watch blue face one owner like new. Very collectable enquires via pm

Thread Information