Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Well Marcus when you join a form with the goal of improving your physique and all the guys who run the forum are either freaks or monsters who all agree on the same trainingg method it's difficult not to drink the Kool-Aid they're pushing.

I appreciate the offer to help improve my routine.

To be honest I didn't think you liked me because you never accepted my friend request from last summer, but now i realize that you're just a busy guy who gets bombarded with PMs.

My routine is ever evolving. I'd like everything to be HIT but I find that with smaller muscles (e.g. posterior delts, bis) I need several sets to hit failure (6-7) because they're not strong enough for a real 2-3 set HIT session.

I'm considering competing next summer if I can make some good progress over the winter on some points. i.e. obliques, upper pec and bis

All and all I can't complain because from week to week I'm making constant progress.
    I never knew you sent me a friends request ! send me another

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Well Marcus when you join a form with the goal of improving your physique and all the guys who run the forum are either freaks or monsters who all agree on the same trainingg method it's difficult not to drink the Kool-Aid they're pushing.

I appreciate the offer to help improve my routine.

To be honest I didn't think you liked me because you never accepted my friend request from last summer, but now i realize that you're just a busy guy who gets bombarded with PMs.

My routine is ever evolving. I'd like everything to be HIT but I find that with smaller muscles (e.g. posterior delts, bis) I need several sets to hit failure (6-7) because they're not strong enough for a real 2-3 set HIT session.
    I'm considering competing next summer if I can make some good progress over the winter on some points. i.e. obliques, upper pec and bis

All and all I can't complain because from week to week I'm making constant progress.
    That's were we can help you

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    That's were we can help you
    Have made some progress with bis in the last few sessions.

I've separated mass building moments from sculpting movements and do mass builders first.

Also picked up some 2" alpha grips to make the bar wider and recruit more fibers.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Straight bar curls and preacher curls. Machine preacher curls built my bis like nothing else. I had a decent bicep at one time. Theres really not much else you can do aside concentration curls...the basic stuff helped me
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Straight bar curls and preacher curls. Machine preacher curls built my bis like nothing else. I had a decent bicep at one time. Theres really not much else you can do aside concentration curls...the basic stuff helped me
    Barbell curls with alpha grips beyond failure has been my first moment recently.

Then unsupported concentration curls. Where you bend over and support yourself with the opposite hand similar to a db row. I find this position allows you to curl more weight and cheat past failure.

My gym sucks in that they don't have a preacher curl bench yet so I've subsided spider curls for the third mass builder.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Another boring hour of cardio...
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I like to schedule my cardio with reruns of Family Feud.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    killed my arms, did real well, some feeler sets then up to working set feeling that contraction hard and fighting negatives, did this:

3 sets of each:
    * cable bar bic curls (all 3 warmup sets pyramid-up 8 reps)
    * cable rope bic curls (all 3 warmup sets pyramid-up 8 reps)
    * incline bench ez-bar bic curls (all 3 HIT sets 8reps working weight)
    * single arm cable attachment bic curls (pyramid up 2 medium intensity + 1 HIT set)
    * single arm cable rope achievement bic curls (pyramid down all 3 HIT sets)

the pump was intense, so intense I almost observed new shape of my biceps .. didnt take any pics, will save this for another time, this gotta bring changes soon!
    Proximal and Marsoc like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't keep up with this damn thread lol.

Guys are killing it here. Work is slammed right now, and life in general but been trying to get the best work in the gym as I can.

Got a good shoulder routine in tonight.

Still going lighter but more of a pull back now. Raising weight and hitting failure just not beyond just yet

Warm up and stretching for 10 mins

Hammer strength press 2 working sets

Leaning one arm db laterals 2w

Seated db front raises 2w

Smith up rights 2w

Smith shrugs

Rope face pulls

Shoulders were popping....just need the conditioning to.keep them after pump goes away.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Don't know what your cardio is. But for us hybrid gym/ earth gym grunts. It's always filled with adrenaline fresh sweet air and obstacle. Just saying cuz beside the gym for training and especially since I have no gym pass now I train where and when I can. I.e in my brothers basement or in the park.

My cardio is stair sprint intervals to build mass and burn calories, super set with air squats, lunges up inclines etc. calv raises. Etc
    Sometimes i load 80 lbs of sand in my MOLLE pack / ruck sack and I hit the horse trails up and down rough terrain paths.
    I'm running on trails like a deer running through the woods. Almost like I'm flying. Just floating on the path. And it's real stimulating and spikes adrenaline a lot.

No offense and pardon my language but fk a treadmill. There no comparing moving your legs on a spinning track compared to actually propelling your body against gravity through the air. Moving your body weight. Up and down hills etc. I hate running on hard trails also. Love horse trails. Pack on muscle like a. Horse also
    SFAS here I come baby
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-16-2016 at 10:01 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Interesting. Either I have been beaten with an ax handle or I have a nice DOMS situation developing from the squat form/calves/psuedo cardio session, so that will definitely be a staple in the rotation.
    Off work last night, but have to work at least a partial shift tonight. Chest session will be coming up this evening.
    InternalFire, NACH3 and Proximal like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

morning ladies and gentlemen
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Morning fellas, 2nd day off work am fvcking ill, a can't eat can hardly get out of bed. Nightmare. Hope eveyone is doing good i'll try and catch up even my eyes hurt.
    Dang it, Clarky! Hope you are feeling better ASAP.
    InternalFire likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Interesting. Either I have been beaten with an ax handle or I have a nice DOMS situation developing from the squat form/calves/psuedo cardio session, so that will definitely be a staple in the rotation.
    Off work last night, but have to work at least a partial shift tonight. Chest session will be coming up this evening.
    It's always a nice feeling when it hurts getting off the toilet for a few days from working legs.

I also have chest/back coming up in a few hours.

Hey AG I've had a few older lifters tell me that as we age strength gains and new PRs become less frequent, but strength is kept longer in the absence of lifting.

Any thoughts?
    InternalFire and NACH3 like this.

Morning, IM and everyone. 67°F and 4:30 a.m. here in rural SC. Just took the beast for a short walk a few minutes ago and man, the deer are out moving about.
    Probably going to watch a movie with the wife and the animal and get some more rest. Still trying to find my routine with the new shift so my sleep is all over the place.
    Might eat a few crunched up tortilla chips with some ground turkey, avacado, a little salsa, and an ounce or two of mozzarella. Would love to spend a little time at the range today, but it is Saturday so the place will be packed. Maybe I can squeak in an hour or so later week?
    InternalFire and NACH3 like this.

It's always a nice feeling when it hurts getting off the toilet for a few days from working legs.

I also have chest/back coming up in a few hours.

Hey AG I've had a few older lifters tell me that as we age strength gains and new PRs become less frequent, but strength is kept longer in the absence of lifting.

Any thoughts?
    I think that's a valid statement provided we stay somewhat active, aren't sedentary, and our hormone levels stay at a reasonable level. If someone has been inactive for a while with subnormal hormone levels, then it's somewhat of a different ballgame.
    InternalFire likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning HITers!

Back is starting to loosen... But I still have spasming on and around 'the spot'

I'm dying to get in there... Back and traps but I think another day of ice/heat and relaxers is in order :/ -- FFS I was in a great groove... Hope this passes in couple days!

Have a kickass Saturday all!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning HITers!

Back is starting to loosen... But I still have spasming on and around 'the spot'

I'm dying to get in there... Back and traps but I think another day of ice/heat and relaxers is in order :/ -- FFS I was in a great groove... Hope this passes in couple days!

Have a kickass Saturday all!
    Nach, do you have any Voltaren gel or tabs? Preferably tabs. The gel works great for pain and inflammation, but for me, the tabs really work well alongside the relaxers for spasms. I don't take them long term however. Generally 1-2 weeks max. They may help you get the spasms under control which would help your recovery time.
    If possible, a gentle rolling of the area works well for me. Don't plow into it, just a steady gentle pressure.
    Just a thought.
    NACH3 likes this.

I think that's a valid statement provided we stay somewhat active, aren't sedentary, and our hormone levels stay at a reasonable level. If someone has been inactive for a while with subnormal hormone levels, then it's somewhat of a different ballgame.
    Now I have something to look forward to about getting older.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nach, do you have any Voltaren gel or tabs? Preferably tabs. The gel works great for pain and inflammation, but for me, the tabs really work well alongside the relaxers for spasms. I don't take them long term however. Generally 1-2 weeks max. They may help you get the spasms under control which would help your recovery time.
    Just a thought.
    I do not, AG... It's surly something I'll be ordering up at the end of the month... I've been meaning to grab some, so again thank you for that reminder!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I do not, AG... It's surly something I'll be ordering up at the end of the month... I've been meaning to grab some, so again thank you for that reminder!
    If it gets too bad before you order your tabs, LMK.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    If it gets too bad before you order your tabs, LMK.
    Thank you very much AG! That is greatly appreciated and I will do!

Now I have something to look forward to about getting older.
    At your age, with the way you are embracing your training and your current level, I'd say you will be very impressive. Seriously mean that.
    numbere likes this.

Well, finished steaming chicken and veggies and have some flank steak marinating and have a bedside shake ready. About time for me to get back into my weird sleep schedule. Talk with everyone later today. Have a good one!
    NACH3 and Cuz like this.

calves tonight... wonder if I should concentrate more on the volume and giving them good beating or do few strong sets and do triceps with it at the same time... just something keeps kicking me against my yesterdays logic.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    calves tonight... wonder if I should concentrate more on the volume and giving them good beating or do few strong sets and do triceps with it at the same time... just something keeps kicking me against my yesterdays logic.
    I like lower reps for calfs (6-8).

I figure that they get worked with high reps all day when you're out and about.

Also, keep your feet straight and adjust whether you target inner or outer by the width of your stance.

If you do calfs pigeon toed or duck footed then you risk development issues and injuries.

Are feet were ment to move up and down in front of us not at weird angles.
    Last edited by numbere; 09-17-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    Cuz likes this.

Good point, I will just do calves and give serious beating to them, and tris tomorrow gonna suffer their own turn.

Damn my biceps got so well worked yesterday, tshirt sleves feel small... Feels like pump is growing since yesterday haha

Sent from my eyePhone

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    A boring hour of fasted cardio....

Here's a pic for Kelkel....my one vein. Lolololol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-732869137.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	165490
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Calves fried... I forgot how much stability work calves alone are responsible for, good luck walking straight line

Sent from my eyePhone

Proximal is offline Banned

If you do calfs pigeon toed or duck footed then you risk development issues and injuries.

Are feet were ment to move up and down in front of us not at weird angles.
    Not necessarily; your tarsals are amazingly flexible/adaptable. Plus the movement is controlled and not ballistic.

Great triceps + front/lateral delts today. Mostly straight sets, but added some drops at the end.

Tested my strength on close-grip bench - damn if it hasn't increased a little post cycle.

Love having youtube on the 65", great way to watch the Olympia!

Hoping you all are having great weekends!
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

Good to see you Proxi, diff time zone and tiredness kicks in as a priority for me, so I will just give it a watch in the morning, not deep enough in it yet to wait till early morning to watch it.

Sent from my eyePhone
    Proximal likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Not necessarily; your tarsals are amazingly flexible/adaptable. Plus the movement is controlled and not ballistic.

Great triceps + front/lateral delts today. Mostly straight sets, but added some drops at the end.

Tested my strength on close-grip bench - damn if it hasn't increased a little post cycle.

Love having youtube on the 65", great way to watch the Olympia!

Hoping you all are having great weekends!
    Its a crazy thing. Sometimes on the close grip press i would amaze myself and sometimes i would wonder wtf happened lol. Good to hear the progress
    Last edited by Cuz; 09-17-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

* Yawn*

Really don't feel like going in to work tonight. Slowly building up a little steam to go lift before work.
    I will say the double bounce on calf raises definitely digs in deep. Calves are still aching.

Ok, off to the shop then have to get ready for work. Will post up after while.

RC exercises and broomstick stretches

Incline flyes- 2 w/u, Work1-8, drop weight, Work2-9
    Incline press- Work1-3+ reps, drop weight, Work2- 9 reps
    Flat flyes- 2 w/u, Work1-4 reps, drop weight, Work2-10 reps
    Flat press- 1 w/u, Work1- 4+ reps, drop weight, Work2-11 reps
    Wrist curls w/ dry Oly bar palms up to failure and palms down to failure superset w/ seated hammer curls to failure.

43 minutes. For a pullback lift it went fairly decent, I guess.
    NACH3 and Proximal like this.

good morning crew, another Sunday to be taken for granted!

Gonna stretch and hit my triceps hard now before I hit the "weekend road"!

Have a good one everyone!
    almostgone likes this.

Anyone heard from Clarky? He posted he was feeling ill a few days ago.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Anyone heard from Clarky? He posted he was feeling ill a few days ago.
    Ah, Im pretty sure he's alive and kicking hard

just finished my tricep execution, swolen as bee-stung, although it may seem silly to train just and body part at the time, but mind-muscle connection and concentration of all efforts to one bodypart is damn cool shit! I dont remember having hit my bis, calves, and now tris so hard in a LOOONG while.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Ah, Im pretty sure he's alive and kicking hard

just finished my tricep execution, swolen as bee-stung, although it may seem silly to train just and body part at the time, but mind-muscle connection and concentration of all efforts to one bodypart is damn cool shit! I dont remember having hit my bis, calves, and now tris so hard in a LOOONG while.
    When I first started BBing, 08-09', I did I body part per session with a 6-7 day split.

Made some decent progress.

It allows you to do a lot more volume than normal because of the long recovery time.

I think muscle maturity plays a huge role in how you'll respond to this type of training.

Don't think my body would respond well to this type of training now.

Had chest/back yesterday but my chest wasn't 100% so I just destroyed back.

Those 45° bent over rows felt great.

Thanks again Marcus!

Another meal of eggs then some food prep followed by thermo HW then HIT some chest.
    Last edited by numbere; 09-18-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Back is starting to loosen up! Been pumping NSAIDs and ice/heat all day!

Maybe some cardio to just move and get looser!

Have a kickass day all!
    Proximal and almostgone like this.

Thread Information