Page 954 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 454854904944949950951952953954955956957958959964100410541454 ... LastLast
Results 38,121 to 38,160 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    cutting down on pro because now my kidneys aren't filtering creatine anymore, further investigation is need.
    hold strong man
    marcus300 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Marcus, best of luck with your health man!

BG, best of luck with your new pursuit - you're going to kick ass!

To all, good-morning and have amazing days!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    fucking hell there are some reps pushing ugls now on this forum, I actually don't think its making this forum look better. I know we need posts but surely we aren't that desperate because imho we going to get members leaving and more members/reps/spokesperson getting flamed to fuck.

just my 2 cents

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    fucking hell there are some reps pushing ugls now on this forum, I actually don't think its making this forum look better. I know we need posts but surely we aren't that desperate because imho we going to get members leaving and more members/reps/spokesperson getting flamed to fuck.

just my 2 cents
    These forums are still busy, but not as much traffic as I remember a few years ago.

I particularly remember the "Most Improved" contest generated a lot of chatter.
    I think its that bloody herbal alternative sponsor and the fact that it says in huge text "WANT TO BUYS STEROIDS ?" down the side of the screen that stops regular traffic.
    marcus300 and songdog like this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Honestly, best online place for lifting info period.

Bar non, no question, hands down. If I have ANY questions or thoughts, I come here.

Not Google. not any other site period.

This is all that is needed.

Thank you. Thank you all, sincerely.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post

Bar non, no question, hands down. If I have ANY questions or thoughts, I come here.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

If I have a query about training, diet, gear, or life. I can pretty much turn to these forums and find the information, or seek help from the guys that would know.
    marcus300 likes this.

hahaha you didn't like me at first though did you lol you cunt lol we butted heads many times. but you cooled down and listen to what I had to say lol took a bit but your smooth now nova all is good but was funny at first I thought I had to take you to the dungeon and strap you up hahahaha
    krugerr, almostgone, BG and 2 others like this.

hahaha you didn't like me at first though did you lol you cunt lol we butted heads many times. but you cooled down and listen to what I had to say lol took a bit but your smooth now nova all is good but was funny at first I thought I had to take you to the dungeon and strap you up hahahaha
    Good Lord, yes hahaha. I don't know what it was at first, but damn I'm glad we are on the same page now, 300!

Actually, I know what it was. I thought I had HIT down 100% within just a couple weeks. I was being honest with what I THOUGHT I was doing, but didn't fully understand that I was only scraping the surface at that point.

Literally now, 8-9 months later, I have the tactics down and am able to modify things and play with your approach to HIT and see results.

It is funny to think back to me hitting failure last October and although I did...it wasn't full failure. It wasn't Marcus failure. It wasn't HIT failure. It wasn't beyond failure. Honestly there are still days when it doesn't happen.

But now I know what you practice and teach; and it seriously works.

Good Lord, yes hahaha. I don't know what it was at first, but damn I'm glad we are on the same page now, 300!
    I think you took my passion as an attack on your knowledge because we came from different ends of a knowledge base but its all good fun.
    almostgone and novastepp like this.

Actually, I know what it was. I thought I had HIT down 100% within just a couple weeks. I was being honest with what I THOUGHT I was doing, but didn't fully understand that I was only scraping the surface at that point.

Literally now, 8-9 months later, I have the tactics down and am able to modify things and play with your approach to HIT and see results.

It is funny to think back to me hitting failure last October and although I did...it wasn't full failure. It wasn't Marcus failure. It wasn't HIT failure. It wasn't beyond failure. Honestly there are still days when it doesn't happen.

100% correct
    almostgone and novastepp like this.

that's how it goes about life, been there myself too many times, at the moment when we think we got it all figured out, when we think that we know it all and we didn't know that we didn't know and we thought and believed that we knew.. how naive is that? Especially when we look back at ourselves... life is wonderful place

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just woke up and took the beast out for him to tap a kidney. Walked down past the shop and saw 2 losers nosing about my property. I had a skull tank, carpenter shorts, flip flops, good bit of ink showing, and of course I'm carrying. They got a look at me with my ink and at my boy and I think they set a new speed record, didn't even get a chance to cuss them off my land. Fvckers are probably still running, LOL.
    Probably fvcking tweakers looking to steal something to buy more meth
    Back to bed for me.
    NACH3, clarky. and Proximal like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Lmfao
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Well if I remember correctly BG had to have a talk with him, but who cares

Just glad he came around and still is here!
    almostgone, marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    OK didnt eat shit today but Im still going to crush legs!! If Im going to PT I have to start putting on some shows
    almostgone, marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

It's tough to admit at the beginning how hard it is to really reach true positive failure AND BEYOND! I changed immediately to HIT but took a while and lots of posts by the Big Man regarding 'are you training hard enough' every time he was right I wasnt
    marcus300 likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Thursday-Arms/Cardio/Abs

Ok so Im going to start personal training. I wasnt happy with my job, I kept praying about it, that all I wanted was a job I didnt hate and could live decently. So I started thinking about my situation and I believe God pushed me in a direction I needed to go for that change to happen....me loosing my job. Everyone I talk to keeps telling me I should PT, so Im going to go for it. Where I live there isnt a huge market, but a lot of people know me (Im almost famous) LOL so that should help and once I get moving I should be able to move east into the "real Hamptons" gym where I can make money. So Im training like crazy, I want to be in great shape, plus everyone see's what I put in and get out they will want me to train them. Anyways......

Arms
    Standing double arms show off curls
    Sitting shoulder chair ropes
    Compound knee single arm curls w/ v-machine plate curl super
    Overhead straight bar extensions (standing skull crushers)
    Standing cable curls again
    Single cable kickbacks

Abs-full routine

Cardio-1 mile elip/then 3 sets of abs, did this 3 times.

Best arm workout in a long time, things are coming together. I think 2 months Ill be back to where I was post comp, before surgery.
    Great stuff big guy, i wish you the very best in your new venture. This is what you do daily so it's right up your street.
    marcus300 and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just woke up and took the beast out for him to tap a kidney. Walked down past the shop and saw 2 losers nosing about my property. I had a skull tank, carpenter shorts, flip flops, good bit of ink showing, and of course I'm carrying. They got a look at me with my ink and at my boy and I think they set a new speed record, didn't even get a chance to cuss them off my land. Fvckers are probably still running, LOL.
    Back to bed for me.
    Lmfao!! You Scary country boy!

Back to bed for me.
    LMFAO, get the mother fvckers AG. Once your finished with them let the beast piss all over the cvnts.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    LMFAO, get the mother fvckers AG. Once your finished with them let the beast piss all over the cvnts.
    Don't know what scared them.worse 265-270 lbs of mastiff or a pissed off ginger country boy that weighs more.than his mastiff and is loaded with ink.

Y'all do know we have cellars here in the South, don't you? We just refer to them as rape basements.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

My first full HIT workout is in the books.

Rear Delts/Back
    Rear flys: 2 ws, last with a single drop.
    Face pulls: 2 ws, both with a single drop.
    Machine Rows: 3 ws, last with a single drop.
    Freemotion machine pulldowns: 2 ws, last with a single drop (like this machine, can really squeeze the scapula)
    One arm cable rows: 1 ws with a single drop

Biceps
    Machine curls: 2 ws each with a single drop.
    Single arm curls: 1 ws each to positive failure, positive assist failure and then negative failure

A few sets of ab crunches and some forearm work. Done in 40.
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Don't know what scared them.worse 265-270 lbs of mastiff or a pissed off ginger country boy that weighs more.than his mastiff and is loaded with ink.

Y'all do know we have cellars here in the South, don't you? We just refer to them as rape basements.
    ya big mad fvcker.

Size matters, but ink helps.

My arms are loaded, I think that alone made a somewhat recent confrontation a non-event.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    My first full HIT workout is in the books.

Rear Delts/Back
    Rear flys: 2 ws, last with a single drop.
    Face pulls: 2 ws, both with a single drop.
    Machine Rows: 3 ws, last with a single drop.
    Freemotion machine pulldowns: 2 ws, last with a single drop (like this machine, can really squeeze the scapula)
    One arm cable rows: 1 ws with a single drop

Biceps
    Machine curls: 2 ws each with a single drop.
    Single arm curls: 1 ws each to positive failure, positive assist failure and then negative failure

A few sets of ab crunches and some forearm work. Done in 40.
    To many working sets there prox just saying, the more you get used to doing this style of training you will get better at it. You really only want one ws or a ws with rp's and both tbese can be with drops if you have it.

The true positive failure is hard to get hit, it really really is prox because if you did i promise you that you would not hit 2 working never mind 3 working sets.

The only way you could do it the way you did is if you were lifting lighter than what you could lift.
    almostgone, Proximal and NACH3 like this.

I'm.with Clarky, Prox. Do.your best to get it down to 1 working set if at all possible. Occasionally, I will do 2 work sets as a check to see how hard I attacked the muscle, but you'll notice the second set only consists of 4-6 reps max (except for calves, forearms, and certain.leg exercises). Some of my leg muscles like a slightly higher rep range and on deads I may do 2-3 sets, but when I do deads, it's at the end of a back session.
    Other than that, I generally only use 2 work sets with no beyond failure techniques during a pullback or as mentioned above, if I'm not sure I totally fried a body part, I will grab one minutes rest after the first working set and see how many reps I can get at my last drop weight. If it is more than 4-6 reps or so, then I know I likely could've pushed myself further on the first working set.
    You're doing well though. Also, if you have physical limitations that dictate 2 working sets, then of course, you have to listen to.your body. However, every body part/exercise shouldn't have 2 working sets unless you're on a pull back.
    Hope that made sense and that it helps.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-29-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    Proximal likes this.

Thanks Clarky and AG!

That was my first and believe me, it was traumatic for me to go that brief, but will definitely drop the working sets to 1.

I think my error for the exercises with the 2 -3 working sets is that due to my age and doing a good job of managing to avoid muscle/tendon injuries, I pyramid up extra longer. So a couple of those might have actually been work-ups or I believe you call them feeler sets. I will try to do some rest-pause, although I did do some partials after failure to do full ROM.

Questions:

What is your ideal rep range for your working set and then what is your goal of your rep range for your drop set?

How much rest between your last work-up or feeler set and then your working set?

Thanks gentleman, greatly appreciated!
    marcus300 likes this.

I shoot for 4-12 reps total for.the working set in general. Drops I try for 3-4 reps, sometimes I fail at a drop weight, and immediately drop to a lower.weight. Typically I rest a minute between sets unless I'm super setting. Also, on leg and back days, I've recently made my rest periods between sets closer to 90 seconds to 2 minutes due to the high temps amd no A/C. I have a clock in my shop back where I lift and can keep an eye on it easily.
    However, it is an somewhat of an individual thing. That's one of the great things about HIT. You have general guidelines to keep.your intensity up and targeting the dense fibers, but also there is room for leeway depending on individual needs vs.the type of training where people do 3-4 sets of 10 always and never progress or adapt it to encourage growth.
    With HIT finding that failure is the key that unlocks the door.to growth. For some it is crazy fast growth, for.others it may not come on fast, but there are consistent gradual gains.
    Also, don't forget that if your hitting the upper end of.the rep range, you can always slow down the speed of the rep for a real no-shitter of a lift, or.incorporate static holds,etc.
    However, I wouldn't focus too much on the advanced tools until you get settled.in comfortably with HIT. Don't get me wrong, you're doing great, it just takes.time to learn to train to.failure. You'll find that it isn't your body that has to learn how to train to failure as much as it is your mind.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    clarky. and InternalFire like this.

Prox, you are a bad boy you should have said feeler sets lol.

To your Q, i try to hit 8-10 then my drops are only a 3-4 reps i know it's a bit high but it works great for me. Remember we are all different what works for us.

I do warm ups i work up the weight to the weight i know i need to hit (then its hell) as i know exactly what i need to hit every session for a new weight.

This is me though.
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

Just getting used to the lingo, sorry

Thanks for the rep range!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    OK didnt eat shit today but Im still going to crush legs!! If Im going to PT I have to start putting on some shows
    That's the idea brother!!! Turn fvkin heads!!
    BG likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Just getting used to the lingo, sorry
    This will clear it right up....

NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

BG
    Thanks Clarky and Nach ...........

And to steal one of Clarky's sayings.....During my back squat working set I had a "Wee Niggle" in my knee. I went a little to far out with my stance and I had slippery/thin socks so my feet were sliding out towards the outside of my sneakers. Small tweak, nothing serious but I didnt leg press or lunge. It wasnt the work out I wanted, but I still built some muscle. I have to get my shit straight, not enough food, to much pre-work out, no compression socks/underwear. Need to focus more on m prep.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    no compression socks/underwear.
    Compression underwear ?!?

Sounds kinky
    BG, almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    This will clear it right up....

God, that is so spot on Kel - have to pause laughing so I can type. Thanks!

busted trough my leg workout, kept it relatively light pre-diving in to "deep waters" of HIT again
    Proximal, BG, almostgone and 1 others like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just killed my arms. One of the better arm sessions in long time.

Bis

Bent over DB iso curl 2w 1f 1w 40s dd

Second movement sat backwards on preacher curl bench. Tris firmly against padding. And db curls like this palms up whole time. 1f 2w 1d

Ez bar cg cable curls 1w ddd

Hammer curls to finish. (On the hammers. R u bring straight up to Pec on same side, or up across to opposite Pec? Seen both ways. I did same side.)

Tri's

Smith cg bench 1f 1w 235 dd

Rope pd 2w dd

Single arm reverse cable pd 2w

Cable kick backs.

Feel great.
    Proximal, NACH3, BG and 2 others like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok go easy guys.

Not much different from AVI except maybe smaller.

Haven't taken a pic in long time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20160729_190032.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	164734
    NACH3, BG, almostgone and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Ok go easy guys.

Nice! I bet not too many customers have the nerve to return their meal (of course you're cooking would not be at fault, just their wacked taste buds). I'd like to talk to the chef please. On the other hand, no thanks, the meal is prepared just perfectly, thank you very much !

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Ok go easy guys.

Fuller & thicker Brotha - lookin good - your 6pck is gonna come back this go too already leaner

Thread Information