Page 591 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 914915415815865875885895905915925935945955966016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 23,601 to 23,640 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I flipped a car 6x into a house landed me in coma for 45+ days/shattered spleen(removed) and have had 5 total ventral hernia repairs... Got infected and didn't close for two yrs had to keep packing it w/this antibacterial string! I think this has something to do w/my abs(bricks) not coming together?!?!
    Jesus man.. How long ago was this? Incredible you survived.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Caught up on some much needed rest. Watching a movie with the wife and beasts/children; never seems like I see them enough.
    Hitting legs after the movie and will post up later.
    clarky. likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    AG what time is it the now over there ??

4:51 a.m. right now.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Headed down to the shop to sweat out a leg session.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Headed down to the shop to sweat out a leg session.
    Early bird. Me too.. Headed in for a back season now. Haircut appt at 930 and then some much needed family time.
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Had a good wee chest session never went mad stretching and cable fly for a warm up.

Incline db press 1 working +r 1 drop

Incline db fly 3 feelers 1 working 1 drop. **new weight**

Leaning one arm db fly 2 working

Pec dec 1 working

It was good and heavy never went mad as i was not feeling right the last few days so just took it easy.
    The incline db press was last wks new weight i got a working and rp on it sooooo hopefully i'll get it bumped up again next wk.
    Db fly was good very very good stretch in the chest really felt it.

Cardio 25 min
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Man, you keep popping away at the weights, Clarky. Good stuff!
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Early bird. Me too.. Headed in for a back season now. Haircut appt at 930 and then some much needed family time.
    Same here, Igi. I'm headed in to get my head hairs cut, too. Legs are jello.
    Will post up my lift when I get back home.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Jesus man.. How long ago was this? Incredible you survived.
    The accident happened in 07 and took about till 2012 to really heal up and finally got back into the gym this time bout 8-9 months ago... Total of around 10+ surgeries mostly after... Just very happy to be doing this again it's such a release! Glad to be here! it was very difficult not to be able to do what you love doing(but I'm very happy to be back). - #nevergiveup!!

Have slept really well. The past two nights(like I wasn't rested at all lol) felt great... Back to gym tomorrow - cardio today...
    Last edited by NACH3; 08-15-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't imagine. Pretty inspiring that you're back in the game after going through so much physically and I would imagine the mental aspect was just as, if not more challenging. Many people would have hung it up, convinced themselves they were done and eat pain killers for the rest of their lives.

Well done bro.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't imagine. Pretty inspiring that you're back in the game after going through so much physically and I would imagine the mental aspect was just as, if not more challenging. Many people would have hung it up, convinced themselves they were done and eat pain killers for the rest of their lives.

Well done bro.
    Thx Igi - if one other person can read this and take something positive from it - I feel like I've done my job for the day! I don't wish what I've gone thru on my worst enemy - but it's made and molded me into who I am now!

Blog Entries
    I haven't posted a workout in a long while. I'm sitting here in the barber shop and no one is entertaining me today so here goes:

Back: Pre-exhaust straight bar pull downs

Hammer strength single arm lat pull downs: 1 feel, 1 working and heavy 100lbs x 6 drop to 70 x 6

T-bar rows: 1 feel, increase to 90 x 10, 115 x 6, drop to 90 x 6

Bent over db rows: 80's for feel, up to 95 x 10, 95 x 8, drop to 60's to failure. Think I repped out at around 12

Seated close grip, 1 feel, went heavy 140 for 6, dropped to 120 to failure.

Ended the season with dead lifts (inspired by NACH3). Lower back and lower lats were burning.. I may have cursed out loud a couple times.

20 minutes of cardio (inspired by Haz )
    Last edited by Igifuno; 08-15-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I like the DB bent over rows for a change! Been doing lots of heavy BB bent over rows lately - will have to switch off when I hit T-Bars next time!

Legs went decent this morining. Started off feeling lackluster, but after I got my music going, I got an decent run going. Right knee still giving me some pain on hacks and leg presses to a lesser degree. No issues with the knees on extensions, reverse hacks, leg curls, or any calf exercises. Once I get the knee pain resolved, I can increase my working weight on hacks. I can probably bump the weight on reverse hacks now, but when I'm finished with my set, I am totally spent, no air, and heart is banging away like crazy. Maybe when it gets a tad cooler, I'll handle them better.

Stretches and 2 sets of crunches

Leg extensions-2 w/u, Work-15+, drop,5+,drop,7+ w/ a long 10 count hold on last partial.
    Hacks-1 w/u, Work-7-4-3
    Reverse hacks- Work-10-5-4. The breathing and bracing has helped me a lot with these.
    Seated calf raises-Work-18,drop,5+
    Standing calf raises- 1 w/u, Work-10, drop,13-8.
    Leg press-1 w/u, Work1-9, dropped weight because r. knee was being a b!tch. Work,2-9-5-3.
    Leg curls- Work-14+,drop,5+,drop,9+ w/ a long 15 count hold on last partial.

48 minutes not including stretches and crunches.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-16-2015 at 04:06 AM.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Also, just put down 8oz of flank steak and 6 egg whites. Plan to crash out here in a bit. May try to get in arms tonight if I rest well.

Blog Entries
    AG nice session. I'm home this weekend and have a list of stuff I'm bringing back with me, including neoprene for knees/elbows, and belt.

Knees and elbows are tender and it's annoying.

Also bringing back some arginine and citruline. Bp is slightly elevated and not sure why. No cycle going on right now and bp is usually an issue only when on. Might be stress from work. Also, my daughter is off to college next week and I'm a little down about that. Excited for her but sad to see her go. Stress is stressful.. Lol.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Legs went decent this morining. Started off feeling lackluster, but after I got my music going, I got an decent run going. Right knee still giving me some pain on hacks and leg presses to a lesser degree. No issues with the knees on extensions, reverse hacks, leg curls, or any calf exercises. Once I get the knee pain resolved, I can increase my working weight on hacks. I can probably bump the weight on reverse hacks now, but when I'm finished with my set, I am totally spent, no air, and heart is banging away like crazy. Maybe when it gets a tad cooler, I'll handle them better.

Leg extensions-2 w/u, Work-15+, drop,5+,drop,7+ w/ a long 10 count hold on last partial.
    Hacks-1 w/u, Work-7-4-3
    Reverse hacks- Work-10-5-4. The breathing and bracing has helped me a lot with these.
    Leg press-1 w/u, Work1-9, dropped weight because r. knee was being a b!tch. Work,2-9-5-3.
    Let curls- Work-14+,drop,5+,drop,9+ w/ a long 15 count hold on last partial.

Nice AG!

I'm currently really trying to get this B&B down(I feel much more comfortable w/squats(Vs/reverse hacks etc) I'm having more trouble w/the overhead movements such as MP(smith - I'm up to a decent weight but thought I should be increasing more) I know it's the same time exact concept just more trouble for some reason?!?!

Blog Entries
    Also, just put down 8oz of flank steak and 6 egg whites. Plan to crash out here in a bit. May try to get in arms tonight if I rest well.
    Love me some flank steak. Nap sounds real good.. Don't think I'll get one in today though. We have new neighbors and they want to have a Bloody Mary bar get together tonight. Don't really feel like it but don't want to be rude. I'll probably nurse one all night. The HAW will likely have 4-5 lol.

Thanks, Igi. The knee and elbow sleeves are defo a must for me. Work can run up the BP for me sometimes.
    Congrats to your daughter, Igi. That's a milestone in her life that she will always remember. Proud for you and her!

Love me some flank steak. Nap sounds real good.. Don't think I'll get one in today though. We have new neighbors and they want to have a Bloody Mary bar get together tonight. Don't really feel like it but don't want to be rude. I'll probably nurse one all night. The HAW will likely have 4-5 lol.
    LOL, use the situation to your advantage.

I definitely will crash here in a bit, back to work tonight. Hopefully, I will destroy arms before going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Nice AG!

I'm currently really trying to get this B&B down(I feel much more comfortable w/squats(Vs/reverse hacks etc) I'm having more trouble w/the overhead movements such as MP(smith - I'm up to a decent weight but thought I should be increasing more) I know it's the same time exact concept just more trouble for some reason?!?!
    Thanks, Nach! The breathing and bracing has helped pretty much all of my lifts especially squats, leg presses, and bent over rows. My military presses are nothing to write home about and I do better w/ d'bell presses.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Igi. The knee and elbow sleeves are defo a must for me. Work can run up the BP for me sometimes. Congrats to your daughter, Igi. That's a milestone in her life that she will always remember. Proud for you and her!
    Thank you and yes, definitely proud of her. She actually graduated a year early with high honors and got about a 75% ride between academic and music scholarships. She's a music major - vocal performance. Pretty damn cool and she amazes me everyday.

Blog Entries
    LOL, use the situation to your advantage. I definitely will crash here in a bit, back to work tonight. Hopefully, I will destroy arms before going to work.
    Haha you know I will!!

Get some rest

Blog Entries
    Breathing and bracing?
    marcus300 likes this.

Yes sir, Marcus posted up some good info about the process and how PL'ers incorporate it. Maybe a few months back roughly? If you do a YouTube search for Chris Duffin, he has a lot of interesting ones. I'll see if I can post a link to one of them.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VcY3YSW9vX4

He has tips on setting up for squatting, different "cues" to use when setting up for different lifts. But it seems to be ideal for HIT.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-15-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Great..looking forward to reading about this. Thanks.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Breathing and bracing?
    Igi read go in the workout section and read my thread on bracing.

It won't let me copy the link.

To many people have just disregard this serious tool. It's remarkable something what I did back in my pl days
    almostgone likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Dude I'm sweating so bad.....my skirts so wet I could wring it out and fill a cup lol
    What?
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

Hacks-1 w/u, Work-7-4-3
    Standing calf raises- 1 w/u, Work-10, drop,13-8

Don't understand the placement of these in the middle AG?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    What?
    I think it's showtime for his sister.

Best of luck, Haz, we're all cheering for her.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Don't understand the placement of these in the middle AG?
    LOL, you noticed that, I see. It keeps me from stripping/loading plates onto my leg press as often. When I finish the reverse hacks, my working weight is pretty close to my w/u weight for standing calfs raises. So after reverse hacks, I jump on the seated calf raises, then straight back over to the leg press for standing calf raises.
    Also, I always like to hit leg extensions first and while my knees are good and warm, I can jump into hacks, which are giving my right knee fits for some reason, and then right into reverse hacks. I just add plates to the weight I was hack squatting and jump back into the machine.
    I almost always superset leg presses with leg curls and that usually wipes me completely out. I'm afraid if I did calves last, I would shortchange them.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-15-2015 at 10:52 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys/gals,

Just had a pain in/where my(taint is) it felt as if my prostate constricted and was painful - for about a couple seconds then loosened up( I was taking dump when it occurred) - currently taking cialis for prostate, BP, etc... Going to add in Arginine Citruline fir more blood flow - is there any recommendations for a prostate med(not saw palmetto) anything better(Drs Best Prostate)?? Or anything better?? - note BW is coming up in a wk or two(just finishing up wk 4)
    - thx

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    LOL, you noticed that, I see. It keeps me from stripping/loading plates onto my leg press as often. When I finish the reverse hacks, my working weight is pretty close to my w/u weight for standing calfs raises. So after reverse hacks, I jump on the seated calf raises, then straight back over to the leg press for standing calf raises.
    I always like to hit leg extensions first and while my knees are good and warm, I can jump into hacks, which are giving my right knee fits for some reason.
    I don't like leaving calves until last because I feel like I shortchange them. I can always rearrange the order though and welcome feedback.
    Ever put em first, AG? It seems to help warm me up not fatigue anything(but them)
    almostgone likes this.

I was just curious and do understand as I'm a basement dweller as well. I'll often choose what calf exercise to do based on what machine has the weight on it already! Sucks changing weight all the time by yourself! I'll often do one leg at a time on the vertical press to avoid loading all the weight back on. Like them actually.
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Ever put em first, AG? It seems to help warm me up not fatigue anything(but them)
    There ya go.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Igi read go in the workout section and read my thread on bracing. It won't let me copy the link. To many people have just disregard this serious tool. It's remarkable something what I did back in my pl days
    Thanks marcus, great read and vids. I feel like this will be pretty natural for me and the bracing is something I already do, but I do evidentially breath too much through my chest rather than my stomach. Looking forward to focusing on this tomorrow in the gym.

Also, bracing is always something I've done while doing cardio as well.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Hacks-1 w/u, Work-7-4-3

Do you lunge? Thats where my knee pain comes from. Its been 2 weeks since I have done them and my knee is nearly 100%.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Hey guys/gals, Just had a pain in/where my(taint is) it felt as if my prostate constricted and was painful - for about a couple seconds then loosened up( I was taking dump when it occurred) - currently taking cialis for prostate, BP, etc... Going to add in Arginine Citruline fir more blood flow - is there any recommendations for a prostate med(not saw palmetto) anything better(Drs Best Prostate)?? Or anything better?? - note BW is coming up in a wk or two(just finishing up wk 4) - thx
    Man I don't know. I've had that before when running tren . I've also had really discolored ejaculation simultaneously along with nasty high bp. Loved me some tren but I think those days are past.

I think you'll like the arginine/citrulline.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Thread Information