Page 671 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1715716216616666676686696706716726736746756766817217711171 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,840 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious
    Also the wife smiled real big when I told her you all said good luck. Always good when they are smiling. Then I told her to wipe the damn smile off and go pick some weight up. That's when all of yall got in my head at that point. Lol She came back and that's weight is going to be my bitch ...lmao... Thanks again everyone. I know this is a steriod board but in the last few weeks it has been a lot more than that to me.
    That's awesome man we're all cheering for her. And this is much more than a steroid board brother. Glad you're here.
    Bodacious, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Did back this morning it was a fvcking screamer of a session wg pd for warm ups and stretching.

wg pd 1 working DD

Cg pd 1 working +rp DD **new weight**

Straight arm pd 1 working DD **new weight**

Bent over bb row 1 working TD. **new weight**

Deads 1 working DD. **new weight**

Cardio 25min and done.

Guys and girls this was just one of thoughs days that you just fvcking destroy everything what a session.
    Right there are these guys that train there too and there wee skinny ****s but there is one of them that really really fvcking piss me right off skinny skinny wee cvnt of a boy any way i was on my last ex and they came down to the squat racks to do curls in them and brought 10kg db with them see thats how skinny am talking about lol.
    Any way i got to my last wks new weight and it was no probs and that wee cvnt was staring at me so i was getting pissed off so on with more weight easy i was getting mad with these wee cvnts more weight boom easy 8reps more weight i was mad now lol boom 7 solid clean reps just below the knew tgen a DD fvcking class smashed it just cause they were staring at me hahaha love it
    Fvck red bull HIT training give you wings.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Did back this morning it was a fvcking screamer of a session wg pd for warm ups and stretching. wg pd 1 working DD Cg pd 1 working +rp DD **new weight** Straight arm pd 1 working DD **new weight** Bent over bb row 1 working TD. **new weight** Deads 1 working DD. **new weight** Cardio 25min and done. Guys and girls this was just one of thoughs days that you just fvcking destroy everything what a session. Right there are these guys that train there too and there wee skinny ****s but there is one of them that really really fvcking piss me right off skinny skinny wee cvnt of a boy any way i was on my last ex and they came down to the squat racks to do curls in them and brought 10kg db with them see thats how skinny am talking about lol. Any way i got to my last wks new weight and it was no probs and that wee cvnt was staring at me so i was getting pissed off so on with more weight easy i was getting mad with these wee cvnts more weight boom easy 8reps more weight i was mad now lol boom 7 solid clean reps just below the knew tgen a DD fvcking class smashed it just cause they were staring at me hahaha love it Fvck red bull HIT training give you wings.
    And now I'm ready to go ****ing nuclear! Heck of a session, Clarky!
    clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Did back this morning it was a fvcking screamer of a session wg pd for warm ups and stretching.

wg pd 1 working DD

Cardio 25min and done.

Guys and girls this was just one of thoughs days that you just fvcking destroy everything what a session.
    Right there are these guys that train there too and there wee skinny ****s but there is one of them that really really fvcking piss me right off skinny skinny wee cvnt of a boy any way i was on my last ex and they came down to the squat racks to do curls in them and brought 10kg db with them see thats how skinny am talking about lol.
    Any way i got to my last wks new weight and it was no probs and that wee cvnt was staring at me so i was getting pissed off so on with more weight easy i was getting mad with these wee cvnts more weight boom easy 8reps more weight i was mad now lol boom 7 solid clean reps just below the knew tgen a DD fvcking class smashed it just cause they were staring at me hahaha love it
    Fvck red bull HIT training give you wings.
    Lmao...that's awesome clarky...good session
    clarky. likes this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    did back this morning it was a fvcking screamer of a session wg pd for warm ups and stretching.

Wg pd 1 working dd

cg pd 1 working +rp dd **new weight**

straight arm pd 1 working dd **new weight**

bent over bb row 1 working td. **new weight**

deads 1 working dd. **new weight**

cardio 25min and done.

Any way i got to my last wks new weight and it was no probs and that wee cvnt was staring at me so i was getting pissed off so on with more weight easy i was getting mad with these wee cvnts more weight boom easy 8reps more weight i was mad now lol boom 7 solid clean reps just below the knew tgen a dd fvcking class smashed it just cause they were staring at me hahaha love it
    fvck red bull hit training give you wings.
    boom!
    clarky. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    And now I'm ready to go ****ing nuclear! Heck of a session, Clarky!
    Thank mate smash it nova

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Lmao...that's awesome clarky...good session
    Thanks mate i do read all your posts sfla and like every sigle one of us here mate hope you get this sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    boom!
    Boom it was Bod fvcking boom my back is fried the now lol.
    Bodacious likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    wg pd 1 working DD
    Cardio 25min and done.
    Right there are these guys that train there too and there wee skinny ****s but there is one of them that really really fvcking piss me right off skinny skinny wee cvnt of a boy any way i was on my last ex and they came down to the squat racks to do curls in them and
    brought 10kg db with them see thats how skinny am talking about lol.
    Fvck red bull HIT training give
    you wings.
    Lmfao... Wee TITS eh LOL -- BADA BOOM! Very nice Clarky! Damn lots of new weights buddy! Awesome
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-10-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    clarky. likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Delts/Traps
    Stretching rolling abs RC ex's w/med ball around the waist(nova) - thumbs high

Leaning DB Side a Laterals
    3 feelers 2w 8/5+ partials DD 4/2+ -- partials plus 1/4s till weight woukdnt move

Rev Grip Front Raises (**new weight**)
    2 feelers 2w 6/5 drop 4

Heavy Upright Rows
    2 feelers 1w 5 drop 4 drop 2+

Incline DB rear delt pulls(love em)
    2 feelers 1w 8 drop 5 drop(same weight) 3 holding squeeze for 3+sec at top of contraction

Smith MP
    4 feelers 1w 5 drop 3 drop(same weight) 1+ had to rack it way short

Shrugs
    2 feelers 2w(3/quarter) 10+/8 drop 5+ holding all for 5sec at top of contraction
    DB 120s 8 dropped to 70s avg 3-4 on drops

Weights done in 42min - great session - felt strong and in the zone! Lots of wee cvnts here too today
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-10-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Did back this morning it was a fvcking screamer of a session wg pd for warm ups and stretching. wg pd 1 working DD Cg pd 1 working +rp DD **new weight** Straight arm pd 1 working DD **new weight** Bent over bb row 1 working TD. **new weight** Deads 1 working DD. **new weight** Cardio 25min and done. Guys and girls this was just one of thoughs days that you just fvcking destroy everything what a session. Right there are these guys that train there too and there wee skinny ****s but there is one of them that really really fvcking piss me right off skinny skinny wee cvnt of a boy any way i was on my last ex and they came down to the squat racks to do curls in them and brought 10kg db with them see thats how skinny am talking about lol. Any way i got to my last wks new weight and it was no probs and that wee cvnt was staring at me so i was getting pissed off so on with more weight easy i was getting mad with these wee cvnts more weight boom easy 8reps more weight i was mad now lol boom 7 solid clean reps just below the knew tgen a DD fvcking class smashed it just cause they were staring at me hahaha love it Fvck red bull HIT training give you wings.
    Haha lovely, clarky, lovely on all fronts.
    clarky. likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Delts/Traps Stretching rolling abs RC ex's w/med ball around the waist(nova) - thumbs high Leaning DB Side a Laterals 3 feelers 2w 8/5+ partials DD 4/2+ -- partials plus 1/4s till weight woukdnt move Rev Grip Front Raises (**new weight**) 2 feelers 2w 6/5 drop 4 Heavy Upright Rows 2 feelers 1w 5 drop 4 drop 2+ Incline DB rear delt pulls(love em) 2 feelers 1w 8 drop 5 drop(same weight) 3 holding squeeze for 3+sec at top of contraction Smith MP 4 feelers 1w 5 drop 3 drop(same weight) 1+ had to rack it way short Shrugs 2 feelers 2w(3/quarter) 10+/8 drop 5+ holding all for 5sec at top of contraction DB 120s 8 dropped to 70s avg 3-4 on drops Weights done in 42min - great session - felt strong and in the zone! Lots of wee cents here too today
    Good session nach.
    NACH3 likes this.

Also did shoulders today and I can't wipe the sweat from my face yet!

BB press, 2 feelers, 7 reps to failure, rest paused 4, drop set, for 3.

Upright rows, 1 warmup, 6 reps, rest paused, 3, drop set for 3.

DB press, 2 warmups/fatigue sets ( I don't have a perfect weight here, so I fatigued a bit which worked like a charm.
    Working set at 8 for failure, 10 breaths, 5 reps, 10 breaths, 3 reps with 2 halves.

Bent over the bench for multidirectional DB raises. Tried to hit failure at around 10-15, and hit 13, 12, 10, 10. Thumbs up and out in a Y shape, thumbs down on a Y shape, elbows bent, and normal grab.

Lat raises, no warmup, right into screamers as I call them: 6 reps, 10 breaths, 4 reps, 10 breaths, 3 reps, a few halves, and a couple non movers. Literally went to failure with my arms for 13 afterward.

Effed.
    Bodacious, NACH3, clarky. and 2 others like this.

Delts/Traps Stretching rolling abs RC ex's w/med ball around the waist(nova) - thumbs high Leaning DB Side a Laterals 3 feelers 2w 8/5+ partials DD 4/2+ -- partials plus 1/4s till weight woukdnt move Rev Grip Front Raises (**new weight**) 2 feelers 2w 6/5 drop 4 Heavy Upright Rows 2 feelers 1w 5 drop 4 drop 2+ Incline DB rear delt pulls(love em) 2 feelers 1w 8 drop 5 drop(same weight) 3 holding squeeze for 3+sec at top of contraction Smith MP 4 feelers 1w 5 drop 3 drop(same weight) 1+ had to rack it way short Shrugs 2 feelers 2w(3/quarter) 10+/8 drop 5+ holding all for 5sec at top of contraction DB 120s 8 dropped to 70s avg 3-4 on drops Weights done in 42min - great session - felt strong and in the zone! Lots of wee cents here too today
    Hell yes!!!

Your traps have to be pissed!!
    NACH3 likes this.

Nice session guys!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hell yes!!!

Your traps have to be pissed!!

Indeed - love it! There already groaning lol

Nice session nova!

One thing I know the Big man would say is if your hitting a RP for more than 2 reps you may not have hit failure first?! How long are you RPing(10-16 breaths w/weight in hand)? Two presses... Idk if I can do 2 now as I used to but he called me out about not hitting failure lol - but I just saw you had to fatigue your oresses due to DB weight?!

Still a very nice and intense session, brother!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-10-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Indeed - love it! There already groaning lol Nice session nova! One thing I know the Big man would say is if your hitting a RP for more than 2 reps you may not have hit failure first?! How long are you RPing(10-16 breaths w/weight in hand)? Two presses... Idk if I can do 2 now as I used to but he called me out about not hitting failure lol - but I just saw you had to fatigue your oresses due to DBS weight?!
    I rest paused for 15 deep breaths. This was my first go at shoulders, and it appears I could have better judged my BB presses. I failed but had to rerack weight and set it up again, so it may have given me an extra breath.

I had to fatigue my DB presses because I did not have a weight that would go high enough, and only because I do not have a heavy enough set, not because I am super strong! Haha. I may have to move them up in the rotation because I was using 45s and it was too late for me to use the 80s.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Lmfao... Wee TITS eh LOL -- BADA BOOM! Very nice Clarky! Damn lots of new weights buddy! Awesome
    Thanks mate aye they are wee tits lol.
    NACH3 likes this.

Delts/Traps
    Stretching rolling abs RC ex's w/med ball around the waist(nova) - thumbs high

Leaning DB Side a Laterals
    3 feelers 2w 8/5+ partials DD 4/2+ -- partials plus 1/4s till weight woukdnt move

Rev Grip Front Raises (**new weight**)
    2 feelers 2w 6/5 drop 4

Heavy Upright Rows
    2 feelers 1w 5 drop 4 drop 2+

Incline DB rear delt pulls(love em)
    2 feelers 1w 8 drop 5 drop(same weight) 3 holding squeeze for 3+sec at top of contraction

Smith MP
    4 feelers 1w 5 drop 3 drop(same weight) 1+ had to rack it way short

Shrugs
    2 feelers 2w(3/quarter) 10+/8 drop 5+ holding all for 5sec at top of contraction
    DB 120s 8 dropped to 70s avg 3-4 on drops

Weights done in 42min - great session - felt strong and in the zone! Lots of wee cvnts here too today
    Nice nach nice
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Haha lovely, clarky, lovely on all fronts.
    Thanks mate

DB press, 2 warmups/fatigue sets ( I don't have a perfect weight here, so I fatigued a bit which worked like a charm.
    Working set at 8 for failure, 10 breaths, 5 reps, 10 breaths, 3 reps with 2 halves.

Bent over the bench for multidirectional DB raises. Tried to hit failure at around 10-15, and hit 13, 12, 10, 10. Thumbs up and out in a Y shape, thumbs down on a Y shape, elbows bent, and normal grab.

Lat raises, no warmup, right into screamers as I call them: 6 reps, 10 breaths, 4 reps, 10 breaths, 3 reps, a few halves, and a couple non movers. Literally went to failure with my arms for 13 afterward.

Effed.
    Yeeesss nova nice session

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I rest paused for 15 deep breaths. This was my first go at shoulders, and it appears I could have better judged my BB presses. I failed but had to rerack weight and set it up again, so it may have given me an extra breath.

I had to fatigue my DB presses because I did not have a weight that would go high enough, and only because I do not have a heavy enough set, not because I am super strong! Haha. I may have to move them up in the rotation because I was using 45s and it was too late for me to use the 80s.

B]I]This makes sense... if you have to re-rack or rack it at all - due to failure - just use drops to failure after - judt my humble opinion brother![/I][/

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Just updating my BP - it's been consistent @ 135/70-2... Have my paperwork for labs - if I'm wanting to know more or les my E2 and PRL(though I'm getting a full panel done pretty much... Should I fast like I always do? I know some do and some don't - so just curious really

Just updating my BP - it's been consistent @ 135/70-2... Have my paperwork for labs - if I'm wanting to know more or les my E2 and PRL(though I'm getting a full panel done pretty much... Should I fast like I always do? I know some do and some don't - so just curious really
    Nach how far are you into your cycle?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Effed.
    Something what you could try next time you do shoulders, why not condense your pressing movements ie your BB press and db press and just do one. But when you do one put everything into it so your unable to do anymore pressing.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nach how far are you into your cycle?
    Have roughly 4-5wks(I gotta look at my schedule it may be 5-6) left... then off till next year!

I've had my paperwork(for bloods for like 2wks) - been so darn busy w/the new job and learning their online system(every place is different and imo it's one of the hardest things to get right quickly, lol) but it's going well - couldn't be happier - just screwed up my BW - as I started regularly the day I ordered my labs :/ it's cool It'll get done ASAP -

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Something what you could try next time you do shoulders, why not condense your pressing movements ie your BB press and db press and just do one. But when you do one put everything into it so your unable to do anymore pressing.
    I want to do that, but I do not have machines or access to any shoulder work other than my BBs and my DBs so I did both to give me more exercises.

I can cut them down for sure. Maybe I could add the DBs directly after my BBs as a sort of drop set to failure?

I didn't want to go all out and not hit them enough, does that make sense?
    marcus300 likes this.

I want to do that, but I do not have machines or access to any shoulder work other than my BBs and my DBs so I did both to give me more exercises.

I can cut them down for sure. Maybe I could add the DBs directly after my BBs as a sort of drop set to failure?

I didn't want to go all out and not hit them enough, does that make sense?
    Sorry it doesn't make sense, when you say that you would use two because you may not have hit them enough!!

Your wasting reps and sets on something what your not going to failure on.

Pick one and make sure you hit them enough. Warm up, do your feel sets and then get ready for a working set what will make you use 100% of your effort and strength to finish the set, once you hit those tough fibers your done, there is no need to do anymore and this is what many forget. If by chance you don't hit the right weight oin your 1st working set then go for another one but I see no need to do two pressing movements when one could of done the job better.

Let me quote Mike which might help you see what I am trying to say

“Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer

“one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size – with no number of lesser sets having the same effect” – Mike Mentzer

You make sure you hit them hard enough that its impossible to lift the fukers up to do another pressing movement, because if you can do another pressing movement to failure I would question if your really going to failure at all.

If I came over to train with you and we decided to do db's for our pressing movement do you think we will be doing BB pressing or smith machine pressing afterwards? I can guarantee you wont be and neither would I because I would of worked my delts to the max and anymore would send me backwards.
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-10-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Sorry it doesn't make sense, when you say that you would use two because you may not have hit them enough!! Your wasting reps and sets on something what your not going to failure on.Pick one and make sure you hit them enough. Warm up, do your feel sets and then get ready for a working set what will make you use 100% of your effort and strength to finish the set, once you hit those tough fibers your done, there is no need to do anymore and this is what many forget. If by chance you don't hit the right weight oin your 1st working set then go for another one but I see no need to do two pressing movements when one could of done the job better.
    Let me quote Mike which might see what I am trying to say
    “Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer - “one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size – with no number of lesser sets having the same effect” – Mike Mentzer
    You make sure you hit them hard enough that its impossible to lift the fukers up to do another pressing movement, because if you can do another pressing movement to failure I would question if your really going to failure at all.

If I came over to train with you and we decided to do db's for our pressing movement do you think we will be doing BB pressing or smith machine pressing afterwards? I can guarantee you wont be and neither would I because I would of worked lt to the max and anymore would send me backwards.

I was doing the something b4 nova(2pressing movements) and the Big Man did exactly this... Along w/repeating diff movements which are hitting the same muscle....

Marcus by you saying go backwards - your entailing that one will start to overtrain by never truly hitting positive failure by doing the same movement more than once(ie; 2 presses... Or two or more of diff movements that work the same muscle/angle etc?
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-10-2015 at 05:27 PM.

[/B]

I was doing the something b4 nova(2pressing movements) and the Big Man did exactly this... Along w/repeating diff movements which are hitting the same muscle....

Marcus by you saying go backwards - your entailing that one will start to overtrain by never truly hitting positive failure by doing the same movement more than once(ie; 2 presses... Or two or more of diff movements that work the same muscle/angle etc?
    Read the quote from Mike

“Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer

“one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size – with no number of lesser sets having the same effect” – Mike Mentzer

If you take one set to complete failure and recruited all fibers then doing anymore wont produce more gains, if anything it will just over train the muscle. I am a firm believer in this but many may be able to do two compound movements what attack the exact same muscles but I would question what failure means to them if they can. Do it right in the first place and they will be no need to do anymore, never waste reps and sets IMHO
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Mr Yates

Sorry it doesn't make sense, when you say that you would use two because you may not have hit them enough!! Your wasting reps and sets on something what your not going to failure on. Pick one and make sure you hit them enough. Warm up, do your feel sets and then get ready for a working set what will make you use 100% of your effort and strength to finish the set, once you hit those tough fibers your done, there is no need to do anymore and this is what many forget. If by chance you don't hit the right weight oin your 1st working set then go for another one but I see no need to do two pressing movements when one could of done the job better. Let me quote Mike which might help you see what I am trying to say "Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer "one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size - with no number of lesser sets having the same effect" - Mike Mentzer You make sure you hit them hard enough that its impossible to lift the fukers up to do another pressing movement, because if you can do another pressing movement to failure I would question if your really going to failure at all. If I came over to train with you and we decided to do db's for our pressing movement do you think we will be doing BB pressing or smith machine pressing afterwards? I can guarantee you wont be and neither would I because I would of worked my delts to the max and anymore would send me backwards.
    I appreciate all the advice, Marcus. I really do.

I'm not trying to "be right" but I went to failure on the 3 sets of BB press that I completed, meaning I stood there with the barbell over my head, grunting and exhaling out all of my effort, only for the bar to stall and then fall.

Later in the workout, maybe 15-20 mins later, felt I had gas and was surprised at my will and strength, to only press the 45s a few times. I believe this was possible, but also that it may have been unnecessary. This set was a burner for sure, but alas I understand it may have been unnecessary, even possibly overtraining.

I like DB presses better than BB anyway, so next time I will skip the BB and go to the DBs for my working set.

As I said before, I appreciate the insight.

Sorry it doesn't make sense, when you say that you would use two because you may not have hit them enough!! Your wasting reps and sets on something what your not going to failure on. Pick one and make sure you hit them enough. Warm up, do your feel sets and then get ready for a working set what will make you use 100% of your effort and strength to finish the set, once you hit those tough fibers your done, there is no need to do anymore and this is what many forget. If by chance you don't hit the right weight oin your 1st working set then go for another one but I see no need to do two pressing movements when one could of done the job better. Let me quote Mike which might help you see what I am trying to say "Carrying a set to a point where you are forced to utilize 100 percent of your momentary ability is the single most important factor in increasing size and strength"--- Mike Mentzer "one set to failure is all that is required to stimulate an increase in strength and size - with no number of lesser sets having the same effect" - Mike Mentzer You make sure you hit them hard enough that its impossible to lift the fukers up to do another pressing movement, because if you can do another pressing movement to failure I would question if your really going to failure at all. If I came over to train with you and we decided to do db's for our pressing movement do you think we will be doing BB pressing or smith machine pressing afterwards? I can guarantee you wont be and neither would I because I would of worked my delts to the max and anymore would send me backwards.
    And by hit them enough I meant in various ways. But I do suppose that seated DB and standing BB presses aren't different enough at all. Haha

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I missed that AG... Tell er one of the dundeoneers said Happy B-Day!
    Will do. It is coming up this week.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I appreciate all the advice, Marcus. I really do.

I'm not trying to "be right" but I went to failure on the 3 sets of BB press that I completed, meaning I stood there with the barbell over my head, grunting and exhaling out all of my effort, only for the bar to stall and then fall.

Later in the workout, maybe 15-20 mins later, felt I had gas and was surprised at my will and strength, to only press the 45s a few times. I believe this was possible, but also that it may have been unnecessary. This set was a burner for sure, but alas I understand it may have been unnecessary, even possibly overtraining.

I like DB presses better than BB anyway, so next time I will skip the BB and go to the DBs for my working set.

As I said before, I appreciate the insight.
    3 sets to failure?? I really think you need to learn to train to true failure.

Give it time you will understand what I mean and what failure feels like.

And by hit them enough I meant in various ways. But I do suppose that seated DB and standing BB presses aren't different enough at all. Haha
    Yes they are the same hitting the same muscles and if you can do sets after set of failure I am sorry but your not going to true failure but it isn't something you can just do its something you have to train your body and mind to do. But no worries you carry on if your getting results.
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-10-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    clarky. likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Will do. It is coming up this week.
    Thank you, Sir!

Also the wife smiled real big when I told her you all said good luck. Always good when they are smiling. Then I told her to wipe the damn smile off and go pick some weight up. That's when all of yall got in my head at that point. Lol She came back and that's weight is going to be my bitch ...lmao...

Thanks again everyone. I know this is a steriod board but in the last few weeks it has been a lot more than that to me.
    LOL, it is much more than an AAS forum, particularly this thread!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, it is much more than an AAS forum, particularly this thread!
    Its a big family of pain lovers

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Read the quote from Mike
    If you take one set to complete failure and recruited all fibers then doing anymore wont produce more gains, if anything it will just over train the muscle. I am a firm believer in this but many may be able to do two compound movements what attack the exact same muscles but I would question what failure means to them if they can. Do it right in the first place and they will be no need to do anymore, never waste reps and sets IMHO
    Thx Marcus... I absolutely agree... And have been reading your signatures a few times a wk at least - helos w/my mindset

I wasn't questioning the fact that only one compound movement is more than enough if carried to and beyond failure - I agree on one pressing motion besides(chest day - and that's the only time I hit two presses now(slight incline/& incline).

You nailed my ? on overtraining - that was why I asked what you meant by 'going backwards' - that's what I had in mind, also. Always looking for ways to improve... So im always all ears for material...

Going in at midnight tonight. Headed to the shop here in an hour roughly.
    clarky. likes this.

Thx Marcus... I absolutely agree... And have been reading your signatures a few times a wk at least - helos w/my mindset

I wasn't questioning the fact that only one compound movement is more than enough if carried to and beyond failure - I agree on one pressing motion besides(chest day - and that's the only time I hit two presses now(slight incline/& incline).

You nailed my ? on overtraining - that was why I asked what you meant by 'going backwards' - that's what I had in mind, also. Always looking for ways to improve... So im always all ears for material...
    Chest is slightly different because of the angle incline and flat but I would question if you did incline db press then went over to the smith machine and did incline press. Which would be an impossibility if you just gone to complete positive failure and beyond on the db incline press ( or it would be for me) - see my point

Thread Information