Results 2,681 to 2,720 of 7297
Like Tree3792Likes

Thread: xX Silabolin' s HIT Castle Xx

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    all you gotta do is change wrapping paper once in awhile
    Lmfao I was thinking of saying that but I decided not to

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's Dr.Silabolin View Post
    Squats. 4 plates. It is four plates though. 22 pounds increase from last week.
    Easy guys. Ill be doing 4 plates soon. Knees and back painless!
    And yeah..6 reps all sets. Thats my new protocoll. Wraps last set only.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
    Nice depth for a big guy, ever try low bar?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Nice depth for a big guy, ever try low bar?
    Thanks.

Yes, but i think it makes it easier then. Less stress on your thighs. But i see now the bar is kind of high. Maybe i will try lowering it.
    But i never was a squatexpert. When my thighs was big in the 20s, i focused on leg presses.
    But deep in the 40s, legpress wont cut it nomore, and the thighs have shrinked and this deep six reps squats trying to increase weigth, not rep focus, is a shot from the hip.

Anyway. This record and capture the sets is a good idea. I thougth i was deep. But when i saw it on film, it was not close to even 90 degrees.

But now, as u commented. Im happy with my dept. Thanks to my cellphone lol

BG likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You stated lower traps but my understanding for the mid and lower traps, it is very difficult to hit.
    For lower traps it is more of a curling action on the incline lower back apparatus. Please help the misguided child...... or grandfather. LOL
    I keep it pretty simple , nothing fancy for mid/low traps. they are responsible for pulling the shoulder blades back and together as well as down.

so its just about hitting the right angles to accomplish this. IF I do a high-to-low cable row (compared to a standard seated cable row) I'm able to pull my shoulder blades back and down (can't do that with a standard row).

to do this exercise I'll go over to a cable station. set up a mid length bar (a smaller lat pull down bar) at about chest level. grab the bar and then sit on the ground and begin to 'row' (its not a pull down), while trying to pull my shoulder blades back together and down.
    the leverages on this exercise are fairly optimal, so you have to use a lot of weight to get a good contraction (I use the cable stack and strap on a 45 plate), so its hard to go low reps or real heavy.

also with my rope face pulls . instead of having it set up at eye level and pulling to your forehead to hit just the rear delts, I'll have it slightly higher up then my head and pull towards me but at a slightly downward angle where your pulling your shoulder blades back, down, and together.

Really to work your lower traps, you just have to have the right angle so you can get that 'connection' with them. then once you find that connection and you begin using them more and more often, it becomes much easier to contract them on a lot of different rowing exercises (but much easier when you row from a more high to low angle).

you'll know the next day. you should be sore from your visible upper traps all the way down a good 8 inches.

my upper traps have fairly good development (very visible from the front), I posted a pic a few pages back. BUT to get more overall thickness in my mid back I need more development in my mid and lower traps.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 10-17-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Attachment 174534

This is a wintertime health safety message from my gf's employer. Pay attention!

Thanks.

Yes, but i think it makes it easier then. Less stress on your thighs. But i see now the bar is kind of high. Maybe i will try lowering it.
    But i never was a squatexpert. When my thighs was big in the 20s, i focused on leg presses.
    But deep in the 40s, legpress wont cut it nomore, and the thighs have shrinked and this deep six reps squats trying to increase weigth, not rep focus, is a shot from the hip.

Anyway. This record and capture the sets is a good idea. I thougth i was deep. But when i saw it on film, it was not close to even 90 degrees.

I think that high bar squatting with the stance that your doing and the depth that your achieving will really bring up your quads (which I believe your wanting to do) .. going to low bar, a great option but will emphasize a bit more glute and hamstring activation.
    AR's King Silabolin and BG like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Attachment 174534

This is a wintertime health safety message from my gf's employer. Pay attention!

Smoke what?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Smoke what?
    It sure as hell aint cigarettes.

It sure as hell aint cigarettes.
    Where the hell does she work?
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Where the hell does she work?
    Bartender waitress, best you will ever have.

Bartender waitress, best you will ever have.
    Can she make a Commonwealth?

With a grand total of 71 ingredients, the Commonwealth is, without a doubt, the most ingredient-heavy drink on this list. We’re not entirely sure how so many ingredients fit into a standard coupe glass. But Glasgow-based mixologist Mal Spence managed to do it in honor of the 2014 Commonwealth Games. The ingredients hail from all over the world—just like the competitors—and include everything from prickly pear from Namibia and okra from Jamaica to honey from New Zealand and saffron from Pakistan
    Obs likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Statesboro. Baby.
    Use to play there too, place called retrievers. Here's a pic I took from the stage, probably around 10 years ago. That place was fun!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1539790169329.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	174535

Obs
    Can she make a Commonwealth?

With a grand total of 71 ingredients, the Commonwealth is, without a doubt, the most ingredient-heavy drink on this list. We’re not entirely sure how so many ingredients fit into a standard coupe glass. But Glasgow-based mixologist Mal Spence managed to do it in honor of the 2014 Commonwealth Games. The ingredients hail from all over the world—just like the competitors—and include everything from prickly pear from Namibia and okra from Jamaica to honey from New Zealand and saffron from Pakistan
    I doubt it, if she did a couple times she probably could. She is a fourth generation bartender though. Speed and multitasking is her gift.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I doubt it, if she did a couple times she probably could. She is a fourth generation bartender though. Speed and multitasking is her gift.
    I had to look up the Commonwealth it turns out they make bitters that contain all 71 ingredients

Fucking cheaters.

Any one making that should go to all 71 places all over the Earth to collect ingredients. Lol
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Use to play there too, place called retrievers. Here's a pic I took from the stage, probably around 10 years ago. That place was fun!

Name:	FB_IMG_1539790169329.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	174535
    1996 was the last time I was there. Lived 4 years in that bar.
    guitarzan likes this.

I was just giving her a hard time. I’d never even heard of it. Lol
    Obs likes this.

BG
    Thanks.

As far as depth Kel had told that you have to squat to where your body allows with out comprising form. So many people worry about breaking 90 but their form is off, they will wobble or a little hitch, so I kept it just above 90 and my knee felt much better. You got good depth, worry about reps and intensity, they make you grow. Yes squatting is a must for truly big legs.
    Obs and almostgone like this.

BG
    I think that high bar squatting with the stance that your doing and the depth that your achieving will really bring up your quads (which I believe your wanting to do) .. going to low bar, a great option but will emphasize a bit more glute and hamstring activation.
    High bar at that weight is bad for your neck, I was a very heavy squatter and it took its toll. Mid to low is best, not matter what your trying to hit. You can adjust on pressing, V's and Hacks to hit your quads more. Heavy squatting you have to put safety first imo.
    almostgone and GearHeaded like this.

Obs
    As far as depth Kel had told that you have to squat to where your body allows with out comprising form. So many people worry about breaking 90 but their form is off, they will wobble or a little hitch, so I kept it just above 90 and my knee felt much better. You got good depth, worry about reps and intensity, they make you grow. Yes squatting is a must for truly big legs.
    I think this makes sense.
    Honestly, I just start leaning forward and cant help it.
    I like to go deep but unless everything is 100% I wind up putting strain on my back and hurt for days afterward. I am a stove up guy though. My ROM is crap.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

xX Silabolin' s HIT Castle Xx

I will go a little further Sil. The lower the bar on your back, the more you can lift and the less stress on your back.
    I have difficulty going low (with the bar on my back) like the power lifters do, but I focus on moving my elbows forward and that will straighten me up more.
    I found that the straighter that I am the more growth I was getting from my legs.
    How long your legs are and many more factors play a role, so there is no totally right or wrong answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG
    I think this makes sense.
    Honestly, I just start leaning forward and cant help it.
    I like to go deep but unless everything is 100% I wind up putting strain on my back and hurt for days afterward. I am a stove up guy though. My ROM is crap.
    Deep is fine, but over 400lbs going below 90 only matters in comps, if your not competing then it doesn't matter. Heavy lifting requires good safety measures, you can F up so easily and like you said you get that little lean forward turns into 400+lb of stress on your lower back. 315 sit you ass to the floor for sure......405 work your way down to 90 and just get the extra reps in is fine for body building.........my first few reps over 400 are feelers.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Deep is fine, but over 400lbs going below 90 only matters in comps, if your not competing then it doesn't matter. Heavy lifting requires good safety measures, you can F up so easily and like you said you get that little lean forward turns into 400+lb of stress on your lower back. 315 sit you ass to the floor for sure......405 work your way down to 90 and just get the extra reps in is fine for body building.........my first few reps over 400 are feelers.
    Yup... Thats my number.
    Once I put 8 plates on it kills my back.
    I pyramid up and sometimes just abandon it because of my back. 6 plates doesn't bother me a2g but I hate high reps on legs.

For a long time I was saving squats for last so I would be fatigued and use lower weight. I dont feel like I get as effective of a workout that way.
    Last edited by Obs; 10-17-2018 at 03:22 PM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yup... Thats my number.
    Once I put 8 plates on it kills my back.
    I pyramid up and sometimes just abandon it because of my back. 6 plates doesn't bother me a2g but I hate high reps on legs.
    Hey Obs- there are other ways to kill your legs without high reps and lower weight.
    Superset leg extensions with squats... or lunges.
    Go slower more pronounced, try going wide stance with feet pointed Out.
    Try front squats.

I never go 4 plates per side since my back operation so I am creative about getting in a good leg workout.
    I pulled my groin about 8 weeks ago. Slow as fuck healing so I am back up to my weight on squats but probably a little above 90. I’m afraid if I get to 90, I may not be coming back up. LOL

Obs likes this.

Obs
    Hey Obs- there are other ways to kill your legs without high reps and lower weight.
    Superset leg extensions with squats... or lunges.
    Go slower more pronounced, try going wide stance with feet pointed Out.
    Try front squats.

I never go 4 plates per side since my back operation so I am creative about getting in a good leg workout.
    I pulled my groin about 8 weeks ago. Slow as fuck healing so I am back up to my weight on squats but probably a little above 90. I’m afraid if I get to 90, I may not be coming back up. LOL

I dont dare attempt front squats but definitely need to do others.
    When i originally messed my back up I was hoisting a piece of 8" 20' stick of c900 waterline. Its only about 200lbs but when I threw it up my disc slid forward as best I can tell. I collapsed and have been screwed up ever since. Heavy weight to the front freaks me out.

I do leg extensions, leg press, the seated slidy thing, and squats for quads. I started doing lunges because of some guy but forgot about them.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I dont dare attempt front squats but definitely need to do others.
    When i originally messed my back up I was hoisting a piece of 8" 20' stick of c900 waterline. Its only about 200lbs but when I threw it up my disc slid forward as best I can tell. I collapsed and have been screwed up ever since. Heavy weight to the front freaks me out.

I do leg extensions, leg press, the seated slidy thing, and squats for quads. I started doing lunges because of some guy but forgot about them.
    If you have access, I would suggest belt squats. If you're like me and lift at home, you won't need much weight. Just hang quarters on a chain from a Spud belt or a dip belt. Without the leverage of the arm on a belt squat machine, the need for heavy weight is greatly reduced.
    Just a suggestion?

Edit. You can set a bar in the Smith machine at the right height to hold onto for support. I snagged a couple of the IronMind carabiners on eBay and got some grade 30 chain that allows a 5/8" bolt to pass though so.you don't have to fight the 'biner.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-17-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If you have access, I would suggest belt squats. If you're like me and lift at home, you won't need much weight. Just hang quarters on a chain from a Spud belt or a dip belt. Without the leverage of the arm on a belt squat machine, the need for heavy weight is greatly reduced.
    Just a suggestion?

Edit. You can set a bar in the Smith machine at the right height to hold onto for support. I snagged a couple of the IronMind carabiners on eBay and got some grade 30 chain that allows a 5/8" bolt to pass though so.you don't have to fight the 'biner.
    Never even heard of the but will look into it. Thx

Never even heard of the but will look into it. Thx
    No problem! Some people use a bar or heavy-ish d'bell, I just run the chain through the plates and hook it to my Spud belt. I'm too cheap to shell out for a belt squat machine.
    Maybe YouTube hip belt squats and peep around.

I still have my squat day, but the belted squats are a different feel and it gives the back a little reprieve.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-17-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Edit
    Last edited by Obs; 10-17-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_343.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	443.3 KB 
ID:	174540
    my belt squat is a beast. its the only way to go heavy when you got a bad back
    Obs and BG like this.

Arm day-

I abandoned any programming or plans. just did everything I could for over an hour. biceps, then more biceps, then triceps, then more biceps, then a bunch more triceps . wasn't in the mood to think, count reps or give a shit about anything other then murdering my bi's and tri's
    Obs and BG like this.

Obs
    Arm day-

I abandoned any programming or plans. just did everything I could for over an hour. biceps, then more biceps, then triceps, then more biceps, then a bunch more triceps . wasn't in the mood to think, count reps or give a shit about anything other then murdering my bi's and tri's
    Most effective
    GearHeaded likes this.

Actually i think kel kel is rigth. Deeper is better. Tom Platz did ass to the floor almost.
    I did squats this summer. But not deep. High reps Piana style. Nothing happened. After finding good depth with help from my cellphone, i feel strengthincrease, a thigth good feeling in thighs after workout and i see them grow.
    I have upped the carbs and started sus + sarms , but.....i doubt its the only reason.
    What i do like about 6 reps, is that its painless compared to 15-20 reps lol.

And i have this theori. If u have a good portion of white fibers in the thighs. ( i have, i was locally the quickest soccerplayer in my teens), u migth benefit from going as low as 6 reps.

Perhaps even lower. Jason Blaha says that 3 to 1 reps are the best for growing massive thighs. Dudes a momo, but he reads and studies the reports...
    He hates pro bodybuilding though..

BG likes this.

Arm day-

Do u try to do exercises for forarms only?

Do u try to do exercises for forarms only?
    not really, but I should. the only thing I do on occasion is reverse grip barbel curls for the Brachi . but I really should do specific forearm work, as I use straps on my back days , so my forearms never get a ton of work (and I only have 50% use out of my right hand due to reconstructive hand surgery, so I have to use straps).

What do you recommend for direct forearm work

Obs
    Edit
    Last edited by Obs; 10-17-2018 at 09:16 PM.

not really, but I should. the only thing I do on occasion is reverse grip barbel curls for the Brachi . but I really should do specific forearm work, as I use straps on my back days , so my forearms never get a ton of work (and I only have 50% use out of my right hand due to reconstructive hand surgery, so I have to use straps).

What do you recommend for direct forearm work
    Havent the clue.
    Rich Piana says reverse grip curls with thumbs on top is it.
    And alt dumb curls where u rotate forarm 180 degrees on the way down.

Lees prist said 25 reps 25 sets 3 times a week.

Dave Palumbo max 1-2 times and not go crazy.

In periods i think an eagleclaw or those fingersquisers in front of mirror 2x50 reps every evening have worked a litle.

Some guys say forarms are 100% genetics.

I asked Bostin Loyd at IG and he said he just worked the hell out of them.

Rigth now, i just finish my bicepsworkout 1 time a week with a couple of sets of reverse curls Piana style.

I have forgotten my evening eagleclaws.
    Too busy with doing shoulder feeders hehe

Honestly....i really dont know what is best.

Shouldnt surprise me if Lee Priests take could cut it. But it must tax CNS and energy for bigger bodyparts pretty hard.

I will go a little further Sil. The lower the bar on your back, the more you can lift and the less stress on your back.
    I have difficulty going low (with the bar on my back) like the power lifters do, but I focus on moving my elbows forward and that will straighten me up more.
    I found that the straighter that I am the more growth I was getting from my legs.
    How long your legs are and many more factors play a role, so there is no totally right or wrong answer.

Actually i think i may follow that tip next time. Its logic with the backstress..
    And heavier is better.

Ill give it a shot

What about u almostgone?

Ur an expert...20 reps 3 plates deep and all that shit.

High or low bar for safeness and thighsthickness. (Not power)?

What about u almostgone?

Ur an expert...20 reps 3 plates deep and all that shit.

High or low bar for safeness and thighsthickness. (Not power)?

I can't quite get low bar, not happening with my shoulders and elbows. I go mid bar and I go as deep as I can and keep good form.
    Not an expert, though. I just like squats because they kick my ass and really work my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I can't quite get low bar, not happening with my shoulders and elbows. I go mid bar and I go as deep as I can and keep good form.
    Not an expert, though. I just like squats because they kick my ass and really work my heart.
    Rare i see youtube pro vids including 20 reps 3 plates man..

Thread Information