Page 572 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 724725225625675685695705715725735745755765775826226721072 ... LastLast
Results 22,841 to 22,880 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Yes sir, It definitely sucked! You know what summer t'storms are like in the South.
    Those storms are crazy. Where I grew up it was like a great monsoon for 30 minutes everyday between 3-4....you would think it would cool things down...not so much, it just acted like an instant steam bath. You can literally see the water evaporating in streams coming up from the asphalt. Crazy wind, crazy downpour, crazy heat and yes crazy people.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Report back please. You'll know when you get it in the correct groove.
    Many thanks for the pic of your supported row setup, Kel. I was too low on the bench the last time I tried them. This time I set the back of my bench 1 notch higher than I do when working rear delts w/ dumbbells, rested against the padding, and had my solar plexus just out past the end of the bench.
    Hooked my hands around the bar and started drawing my shoulders back until I got to the full contraction, eased it down and pretty much everything dropped into place.
    I like these and my plan is to hit a w/u set on these, on to a work set, and then straight over to Tbar rows and right into a working set on those. The 2 exercises have a distinctly different pull, I guess due to the elbows flaring out on the supported rows and the elbows being tighter to the side on Tbar rows? I may try varying between overhand and underhand grip on the supported rows as well.

2 thumbs up and thanks for sharing the info!
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-20-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: so many typos...:(
    clarky. likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

LOL, tonight was definitely a steamy lift. Thermometer in the shop read 86°F, but the humidity is 90%. My fans do help some though.
    Just wanted to thank all of you again for the motivation in this thread. Back when I had the double/triple whammy with the heart issues, staph infections, and blood disorder if you had told me that I would be back in my shop lifting one day in mid-July, I would have looked at you like you were/are crazy as hell. So ALL of you have my eternal thanks for that.

2 sets of crunches
    Lower body and back stretches

WG pulldown-2 w/u, Work-8+-3+-2+. Slow 5 count negative on these. By a negative, I mean I am slowly returning the weight, not just holding the weight at a fixed location.
    Parallel grip pulldown- 1 w/u, Work-7+-5+-2+. Slow 5 count negatives on these also.
    Straightjacket stretches
    Kel's supported rows-1 w/u, Work-4-2+-2+.
    Tbar rows- 1 w/u, Work-6-4-2. I think I will drop the w/u set because I feel ready for the working set after the supported rows.
    Low pulley rows-Work-7+-2+-1+. Slow 5 count negatives again.
    Hypers-1 straight set
    Deads- 1 straight set.

43 minutes not including the crunches and stretches.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-19-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: just had to say "Thanks!"
    clarky., NACH3 and BG like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, tonight was definitely a steamy lift. Thermometer in the shop read 86°F, but the humidity is 90%. My fans do help some though.
    Just wanted to thank all of you again for the motivation in this thread. Back when I had the double/triple whammy with the heart issues, staph infections, and blood disorder if you had told me that I would be back in my shop lifting one day in mid-July, I would have looked at you like you were/are crazy as hell. So ALL of you have my eternal thanks for that.

2 sets of crunches
    Lower body and back stretches

WG pulldown-2 w/u, Work-8+-3+-2+. Slow 5 count negative on these. By a negative, I mean I am slowly returning the weight, not just holding the weight at a fixed location.
    Parallel grip pulldown- 1 w/u, Work-7+-5+-2+. Slow 5 count negatives on these also.
    Straightjacket stretches
    Kel's supported rows-1 w/u, Work-4-2+-2+.
    Tbar rows- 1 w/u, Work-6-4-2. I think I will drop the w/u set because I feel ready for the working set after the supported rows.
    Low pulley rows-Work-7+-2+-1+. Slow 5 count negatives again.
    Hypers-1 straight set
    Deads- 1 straight set.

43 minutes not including the crunches and stretches.
    Nice session mate. AG you are a intelligent man and bring great help/information to this thread too.
    NACH3 likes this.

Bi's for me the day everything is going good put on a good bit of size getting compliments alot. Got a few things to do about the house so the session will be after T off work today so looking forward to it really going to try and get up a set off db.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Nice session mate. AG you are a intelligent man and bring great help/information to this thread too.
    Thanks for the kind words Clarky. This thread that Marcus created is great because everyone exchanges ideas and pushes each other. You don't see that very often.
    Undeniably a unique thread!
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning guys/gals!

Chest is nice and sore. Arms today!

So I went and got a deep tissue massage yesterday(& where my quad popped - she got it - she dug and dug and finally got deep enough) then pulled out a skinny metal rod and Fvkin went to town! Hurt so good - it released tho) would have done legs today - but going to skip one round and re-asses!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning guys/gals!

Chest is nice and sore. Arms today!

So I went and got a deep tissue massage yesterday(& where my quad popped - she got it - she dug and dug and finally got deep enough) then pulled out a skinny metal rod and Fvkin went to town! Hurt so good - it released tho) would have done legs today - but going to skip one round and re-asses!
    Glad you're feeling better Nach, but sorry about what she did with the piece of metal?

I always drink an @ssload of water/more than usual for a day or two after a good deep tissue session. A day or two of rest for the body part that had the deep tissue work always works well for me, also.

Take it easy, work forearms or something.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-20-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Glad you're feeling better Nach, but sorry about what she did with the piece of metal?

I always drink an @ssload of water/more than usual for a day or two after a good deep tissue session. A day or two of rest for the body part that had the deep tissue work always works well for me, also.

Take it easy, work forearms or something.
    Yes thank you, AG! - been Extremely thirsty after the massage - constantly drinking water(as you mentioned - she doesn't let me leave until I've downed t least 2 liters - getting those toxins that she released out

That metal rod was no joke - but did such a great job!

Thx for the tip - forearms are part of arms haha!
    almostgone likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Chest and bi's done - 50 mins. I'm crazy pumped right now. Can hardly hold the phone haha
    NACH3, clarky., almostgone and 1 others like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Chest and bi's done - 50 mins. I'm crazy pumped right now. Can hardly hold the phone haha
    What did you do(exercise wise)? I like your w/o's lol - incline/flat/flys(both) accessory work?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3

What did you do(exercise wise)? I like your w/o's lol - incline/flat/flys(both) accessory work?!
    - Incline dumbell press with them angled in

- slightly lower incline flys

- iso lateral incline chest press

- cable press/fly (hard to explain this motion)

Your elbows are up and back. You press forward and it turns into a "fly" as your chest pops out. I wish I had a better description. I got it off Ian Harrison. It really hits the chest hard

Bi's

- hammer curls

- Preachers

- Iso lateral single arm curl machine

I was wasted by the end. Had to sit down for a half hour and relax before driving home
    NACH3, clarky. and almostgone like this.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    - Incline dumbell press with them angled in

- slightly lower incline flys

- iso lateral incline chest press

- cable press/fly (hard to explain this motion)

Your elbows are up and back. You press forward and it turns into a "fly" as your chest pops out. I wish I had a better description. I got it off Ian Harrison. It really hits the chest hard

Bi's

- hammer curls

- Preachers

- Iso lateral single arm curl machine

I was wasted by the end. Had to sit down for a half hour and relax before driving home
    Yup - sounds like a real good one! I get the cable press/fly(is it b/c your getting that stretch on the way back(eccentric) then press and flex chest Turing it almost into both a oress snd a fly)?

Going to hit arms now...

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3

Yup - sounds like a real good one! I get the cable press/fly(is it b/c your getting that stretch on the way back(eccentric) then press and flex chest Turing it almost into both a oress snd a fly)?

Going to hit arms now...
    It's not so much a stretch.... Hard to explain lol.

When your arms are back - your elbows will be angled towards the ceiling and your palms facing the ground. You press your hands out and as you do that you turn them so your palms face each other. While all that is going on you are almost arching your back to pop your chest and squeeze it.

The movement was awkward for me at first but boy does it hit the chest real nice
    Joco71, NACH3 and almostgone like this.

- Knockout_Power

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    It's not so much a stretch.... Hard to explain lol.

When your arms are back - your elbows will be angled towards the ceiling and your palms facing the ground. You press your hands out and as you do that you turn them so your palms face each other. While all that is going on you are almost arching your back to pop your chest and squeeze it.

The movement was awkward for me at first but boy does it hit the chest real nice
    I do something close to that with an incline bench between the cables. When the start of the rep my arms are making a wide ( W ) and at the end of the rep the elbows are at the the bottom of each peck and outside of hand are touching at pinky finger side palms turned up and a hard squeze for full contraction. This exercise I love and usaully do near the end of chest work out as you need not do it heavy as form is critical and optimal.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I get it Haz... That explanation did it(palms/elbow placement are key) - Thx

ARMS - changed it up a lil(instead of going bi then tri - I did aall bis then tris
    Stretching SMR RC ex's more stretching(pre & post lift)

1. O - BB curls - 2 feelers got a PB for this w/reps 2w 6(2 forced)/4(2 forced) drop 3 drop 4-5

2. DB hammer curls 1w 6(couole Partials) DD 5/3.5
    Suppersetted w/reverse curls - 3w failing in 6-8 rep range

3. CCs off back of incline - slow tempo 2w 8/5 drop 4(2 forced) drop 3-4(2 forced)

4. Hamner strength preachers - started heavy at 5-6 reps and dropped all the way down to 40lbs - could barely move it
    TRIS
    1. CG smith press(new weight) - 3 feelers 1w 6(2 forced) drop 4-5 drop 3

2. Lying DB behind head extensions - 1w 8 drop 5 drop 3 suppersetted w/skull crushers(right into after putting down DB) 3w failing in 4-8 rep range

3. V-grip pushdowns - 1w 6 DD 5/3 -

4. Rope pushdowns - started at poundage I got for 6 then dropped all the down to 40lbs all TIL failure and partials

5. Hammer strength tri extensions(sitting) - 2w 8/7 drop 5 drop 3

Weights done in 48min - cardio 30min
    i think I wasn't squeezing(contracting hard enough for some reason) as today I was concentrating on that and I was in a different pain/zone as well as way more of a mind muscle connection!
    almostgone likes this.

Did bi's earlier good session stretching and db curls for a warm up.

Standing db curls 2 working 1 drop

Incline db curls 2 working 1 drop

Db preacher 1 working 2 forced 4 neg drop + 4 neg

Seated db hammer curl 2 working 1 drop

Cable curl 1 working DD

Cardio 10min was pushed for time
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Arms yesterday.....missed posting it but

Great shoulders session tonight!!!

Seated military 2 warms, 1 feel, 2 working DD (new weight)

Reverse hammer strength 1 feel, 2 working DD

DB side laterals super set into ez bar up rights 2 working (one drop with db)

Small BB underhand front raise 2 working

Pec/dec 2 working
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

So today the NPC judge saw my sis and told her he wants to meet with her and myself on Thursday. He also works for a very VERY popular supplement company. He told her I've got serious potential and to really push me into competing. He said there's market-ability in a brother sister team lol.

If my two job ventures don't pay off.... Ill consider it..... The next 8-12 weeks are huge for me. Ill be growing and waiting to hear on a major job opportunity.
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

- Knockout_Power

^^^That's outstanding, Haz!! Happy for for you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ^^^That's outstanding, Haz!! Happy for for you, man.
    Still havnt gotten the voodoo floss man but its on my list. It's got great reviews
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Shaking the cobwebs out of my head. Drinking a shake and headed to the shop to hit chest. I had planned to cut grass today and hit cardio this evening, but the wife had another one of her famous last minutes grocery lists for me this morning. I swear she thinks that if the truck is cranked, then it needs to stop by the grocery. Doesn't matter that I just hit the store 3 days ago. So, cardio tomorrow.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-20-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    clarky. likes this.

Still havnt gotten the voodoo floss man but its on my list. It's got great reviews
    It has definitely helped me out and kept me from having to go in for a cortisone shot. Hope it does the same for you.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hello Ladies and almost gentlemen..........

Chest-
    Incline bench- just rep work, trying to dial form back in from after using smyth machine for to long.
    Flat dumbells- heavy
    Cables-Different heights
    Deads-heavy
    Abs

So Im going for it, hut deads today because Im going back to the small gym. I did more core and cardio there, so Im splitting my time up. Less traveling time to and I will be training my wife again. She fell offf when I started going to the big gym. Should be good, I stoked from the pro's vs Bro's and getting back into shape. I got stronger at the big gym, but sacrificed some heath.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    - Incline dumbell press with them angled in - slightly lower incline flys - iso lateral incline chest press - cable press/fly (hard to explain this motion) Your elbows are up and back. You press forward and it turns into a "fly" as your chest pops out. I wish I had a better description. I got it off Ian Harrison. It really hits the chest hard Bi's - hammer curls - Preachers - Iso lateral single arm curl machine I was wasted by the end. Had to sit down for a half hour and relax before driving home
    Do u have little wheels??? Chicken legs?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    So today the NPC judge saw my sis and told her he wants to meet with her and myself on Thursday. He also works for a very VERY popular supplement company. He told her I've got serious potential and to really push me into competing. He said there's market-ability in a brother sister team lol. If my two job ventures don't pay off.... Ill consider it..... The next 8-12 weeks are huge for me. Ill be growing and waiting to hear on a major job opportunity.
    Just reading this so retract skinny leg post.

Nice, quick lift tonight.

Broomstick stretches and R/C exercises

Incline flyes-2 w/u, Work-5,drop,5,drop,4+. New weight on these.
    Incline press-2 w/u, Work-5,drop,3,drop,3+.
    Flat flyes- 2 w/u, Work-7,drop,5,drop,3+
    Flat press-1 w/u, Work-5+,drop,3+,drop,3+. Couple of more reps on these.
    Leaning flyes w/ a light plate- rep to failure each side.

33 minutes not including stretches and R/C exercises. Getting a few more reps or a tad more weight over the last few weeks. When that stops, I believe I'll go back to super setting flyes with presses again.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-20-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    clarky. likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    So today the NPC judge saw my sis and told her he wants to meet with her and myself on Thursday. He also works for a very VERY popular supplement company. He told her I've got serious potential and to really push me into competing. He said there's market-ability in a brother sister team lol.

If my two job ventures don't pay off.... Ill consider it..... The next 8-12 weeks are huge for me. Ill be growing and waiting to hear on a major job opportunity.
    That's excellent news. Come on haz

Agree with everyone @Hazard, that really is awesome news!!!!!

Got a question for you all. Maybe you could share some of your thoughts/opinions.

Been pushing 6 days/week for a year and 2 months. Have only missed three days on 3 different occasions but that is only because I had a fever over 100. As soon as fever broke I would be back at it and would actually double up as to not ever miss a body part.

I know some people take a week break sometimes, others deload. What are your thoughts? I'm wondering if I should consider this before the next cycle. Also wondering if this is part of this insomnia, up every 2 hours thing?

Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody
    Got a question for you all. Maybe you could share some of your thoughts/opinions.

Been pushing 6 days/week for a year and 2 months. Have only missed three days on 3 different occasions but that is only because I had a fever over 100. As soon as fever broke I would be back at it and would actually double up as to not ever miss a body part.

I know some people take a week break sometimes, others deload. What are your thoughts? I'm wondering if I should consider this before the next cycle. Also wondering if this is part of this insomnia, up every 2 hours thing?
    Schedule a vacation and take it. Don't even think about lifting.... Just go and unwind. Your body needs a break.....

I did the same as you and I've gotten burnt out on a few occasions. It's a lot worse because now your mentally shot. You just don't want to goto the gym..... 2-3 weeks go by..... Then 2-3 months.

Take a week..... Relax..... Rest up..... Then get back to it :-)
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

- Knockout_Power

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Haz, take a scheduled break, treat the off days like you would training days. Make sure you rest, eat, and get your mind off training, take it seriously as you wouild a training day. Especially as we get older these breaks become more important, the mind and body need recuperation time.
    boz and almostgone like this.

Thanks Guys. It's def something to mull over. Didn't want to even consider it until 14 days post cycle as I have read var stays in your system after discontinuing and always want to make sure to get the most out of a cycle. Guess I have a couple weeks to decide. Considering just doing 20 minutes of cardio daily for a week...for sanity purposes as not to feel like a complete lazy a$$!
    For those of you that experience joint pain either during or post cycle how long does it tend to stick around? Granted everyone is different (age, genetics, and how much extra weight/intensity you are doing because of gear) and yes understand this sport comes with a lot of aches, pains and 'wee niggles' @clarky but also realize now after 5 cycles there is a difference between the two. Just curious.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    Thanks Guys. It's def something to mull over. Didn't want to even consider it until 14 days post cycle as I have read var stays in your system after discontinuing and always want to make sure to get the most out of a cycle. Guess I have a couple weeks to decide. Considering just doing 20 minutes of cardio daily for a week...for sanity purposes as not to feel like a complete lazy a$$!
    For those of you that experience joint pain either during or post cycle how long does it tend to stick around? Granted everyone is different (age, genetics, and how much extra weight/intensity you are doing because of gear) and yes understand this sport comes with a lot of aches, pains and 'wee niggles' @clarky but also realize now after 5 cycles there is a difference between the two. Just curious.
    My joints(shoulders) are unfortunately hurting all the time(different scenario tho) I agree w/the above(take some time) your cns needs to recover and the rest of your body does as well - I too, like Haz have continued on b4 and he's right - 2-3 days turns into months being too burned out - not listening to your body! I think I need a pul back here again soon.... Look into condroiten and glucosamine for your joints. Also I still ice and heat my shoulders daily(kind of like preventative for me to a degree!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning guys/& gals

Talking about rest - I'm resting today - doing arms yesterday in the fashion I did them - all bis first - tris after - my arms are so much more sore!! I really think I wasn't concentrating on my contraction and squeeze as I should have been - or like I did yesterday! Huge difference obviously - can't be foggy when hitting the gym
    BG, almostgone and clarky. like this.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    hi marcus and all *waves* long time no talk, what have i missed? I might become a little active now. I have been through the ringer, the last 12 months. I thought i might pop pass and see how the old ppl are doing
    Last edited by boz; 07-21-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Just finished about 3.5 hours of grass cutting. A good 45 min to an hour of it was steady pushmowing. I'm calling that my cardio for today. Leg day tomorrow.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Man, really feeling those supported rows from day before yesterday. Chest is just starting to tighten up from yesterday.

Time to hit the rack and rest.

Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    hi marcus and all *waves* long time no talk, what have i missed? I might become a little active now. I have been through the ringer, the last 12 months. I thought i might pop pass and see how the old ppl are doing
    How you doing ???

Strange question but have any of you ever had strange smelling urine, its like a clinical smell or plastic. No vitamins, no asparagus, nothing what so ever what could change the smell. Hydration is good about 3-4 litres a day and smells worse in the morning.

Urine drip test shows protein off the scale,

anyone experienced anything like this

Thread Information